| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm so excited for the holidays this year, which is a welcome- complete 180- from last year.
We do this anonymous holiday gift donation thing each year at work for client's children who may not get any/many gifts. Last year I just had random kids which was cool but this year I asked for one of my client's children who I know and adore, so I'm really excited to be able to help them get some toys because I know their parents are financially strapped.
Also, lifting heavy weights today! Yay!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Fizzgig: congrats on the appointment, and best wishes for future work. It sounds like very important, but emotionally demanding work. I'm glad there are good people like you who are up to it!

CQ: congrats on the solo! You will post a video of it, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:58 pm 
Semen Strong

I made a pie! With a crust from scratch! (ok just a cookie crust but still!) And I was a whirlwind of sugar and ingredients and at the end I was tired, but unbloodied and unbowed and in possession of a pumpkin cheesecake! Taaaaadaaaaaaaa!

I am not a good baker, so this is a real victory for me. When I bought VPITS at a Terry signing, I remember her saying that the cheesecakes were some of her favorites and I am excited to try this, because the filling was amazing even unbaked. L and I were licking it off spatulas.

And my dog got the leftover pumpkin, so that was his best thing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:36 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
CQ: congrats on the solo! You will post a video of it, right?

Necessary toll to the PPK gods

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 am 
Smuggling Raisins

i went to the roller rink! ohhhh yeah.

i also felt an almost perverse feeling of satisfaction as i skated circles around one of the regulars who told me not to skate on the track when i first started, because i wasn't good enough/too slow and she was going to knock me over. i mean, if you're so great and worthy of using the track we ALL paid money to use, there's these maneuvers called stopping... or changing your direction... or being conscious of your surroundings?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My best friend is in labor with her first child right now. I was so excited when I heard that I started crying. If you've met me, then you know this isn't like me but I'm so happy because she and her husband wanted this baby (Clyde) SO BAD and it's all coming together!

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:28 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Clyde! Oh my god. Welcome little Clyde.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

CLYDE IS HERE! On Earth! With all of us! How exciting is that?!

And I got a new car today and there are hot air balloons all over the sky and I'm on vacation and life is making me so happy I cry.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

YES!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Just got word that I get off early today, now I only have two more hours of work instead of six and a half. Woo wooooo! Gonna get a jump start on my Thanksgiving baking!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:06 pm 

Invictus, congrats to your friends and welcome to the world little Clyde!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 pm 
And you never will.

Solo! Pie! Baby! Happy things! <3

My best thing was sticking around at the cafe tonight to hand out the Thanksgiving orders as people came in. I usually just take the desserts in through the kitchen and leave without going out into the restaurant, but it was fun talking to people. I knew a lot of the people who came in for the special Thanksgiving dinner tonight from various local vegan meet-ups, so it was nice chatting with them as they came in, and I got to meet a bunch of new people too.

I actually kind of felt a little like a super-star, because in the 1 1/2 hours I was there probably 70% of the people coming through the door knew me and stopped to talk and tell me how much they like my desserts. Then some people who I didn't know came over and introduced themselves because they heard I made the desserts, and one woman even hugged me. I had to warn my husband when I got home that my ego had been inflated three sizes today :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:39 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

uh, you ARE a superstar?? you know you are!!

i delivered #1 and #2 of my 3-part torture session. and made 2 pies, and a seitan log. and cran sauce.
tomorrow more cooking, and the last document gets proofed and sent. i paid my kid $100 to do formatting last night (stupid format left a space in front of every other comma in a 40pp document. just the spell check took an hour, but when i saw that i just about died) because i couldn't bear to look at the bloody screen any more. She is a happy camper. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 pm 

PB your ego has only been inflated to it's rightful size. You are the queen of desserts!

I loved staying home today with my spouse and cooking things for tomorrow. The whole house smelled amazing all day and it was warm and cozy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

my best thing is that my dad is feeling a little better, and we are going to bring our whole entire thanksgiving dinner to the hospital tomorrow and eat in the room where the nurses learn how to use computers. Ha ha! I sure hope he is still feeling good tomorrow and that it is a fun day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, amey! I am so happy to read your news. I hope he's up for Thanksgiving with everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:12 pm 
Chip Strong

Amey, that's so wonderful your dad is feeling better! Good news.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 pm 
Impressive boner

I feel better today. My body still feels tired but I have some energy through feeling excited about possibly, maybe starting to get better. If I do get better, I'm seriously going to take as many opportunities that are presented to me as I can. There are so many things I want to do and the thought of all of that being limited or being unachievable has been really upsetting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

poopiebitch wrote:
Solo! Pie! Baby! Happy things! <3

My best thing was sticking around at the cafe tonight to hand out the Thanksgiving orders as people came in. I usually just take the desserts in through the kitchen and leave without going out into the restaurant, but it was fun talking to people. I knew a lot of the people who came in for the special Thanksgiving dinner tonight from various local vegan meet-ups, so it was nice chatting with them as they came in, and I got to meet a bunch of new people too.

I actually kind of felt a little like a super-star, because in the 1 1/2 hours I was there probably 70% of the people coming through the door knew me and stopped to talk and tell me how much they like my desserts. Then some people who I didn't know came over and introduced themselves because they heard I made the desserts, and one woman even hugged me. I had to warn my husband when I got home that my ego had been inflated three sizes today :)

Aw, I'm glad you got to stick around and bask in the appreciation for your hard work.

So far my best today is puppies! On my run this morning there was a golden retriever puppy and an Australian shepherd (I think?) puppy tied up outside a coffee shop. They both got all wiggly and excited as I approached so I stopped and gave them some snuggles. So soft and squishy and adorable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:11 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

best thing was Isa's seitan shiitake leek roast! that was my best thanksgiving main dish ever, and made enough that i will be having sammies and pot pie. YOU ROCK ISA!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

torque wrote:
best thing was Isa's seitan shiitake leek roast! that was my best thanksgiving main dish ever, and made enough that i will be having sammies and pot pie. YOU ROCK ISA!

Which book is this in?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:42 pm 
Chip Strong

It's from the blog! I'm on my phone so linking is a pain, but it's under the Thanksgiving section. It's so good! I made it today, too. Definitely will be a holiday staple from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Simply_Love wrote:
It's from the blog! I'm on my phone so linking is a pain, but it's under the Thanksgiving section. It's so good! I made it today, too. Definitely will be a holiday staple from now on.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 pm 
And you never will.

I'm loving reading everyone's best things today!

My best thing today is that my husband was totally cool with postponing our Thanksgiving meal until tomorrow, so I wouldn't have to spend all last night and today in the kitchen because I was tired. So after sleeping way late this morning (until 8:30!) I just spent the day chilling and hanging out, and prepping for the meal tomorrow at a nice leisurely pace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 pm 
Married to the wolfman

ameyfm wrote:
my best thing is that my dad is feeling a little better, and we are going to bring our whole entire thanksgiving dinner to the hospital tomorrow and eat in the room where the nurses learn how to use computers. Ha ha! I sure hope he is still feeling good tomorrow and that it is a fun day.

Yay! I am so glad to hear that.

Best thing today: hiking with the family. We did a good 6 miles including scrambling through a cave (!!) and now we are at home, stuffed full of roasted root vegetables and seitan, watching a movie and getting ready to eat DOUBLE PIE.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 626  Next