| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 616  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:42 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Fizzgig wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Petunia wrote:
Earth Balance VEGAN CHEDDAR KETTLE CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found them at the HFS yesterday - didn't even know they existed!

that's really good news. i used to be really into ruffles cheddar and sour cream. i need to find these!

how did I miss that post?! Are they similar to ruffles cheddar and sour cream? oh my...I may need to find these and consume one metric shiitake tonne, minimum

I can't remember ruffles specifically - but I thought these had a stronger 'cheese' flavor than the non-vegan ones. They also have sour cream & onion - which I don't think are quite as good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

missmuffcake wrote:
we decided to become foster parents! in mar's honor we are going to pull a cat off death row & help him/her out.

That's wonderful! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:15 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

getting to my hostel to find that a) the other guest that was in the common area was also vegan, and b) the manager on duty was arrested last night for painting hearts all over an army-themed public art piece (which was all camo)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:27 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

joshua wrote:
getting to my hostel to find that a) the other guest that was in the common area was also vegan, and b) the manager on duty was arrested last night for painting hearts all over an army-themed public art piece (which was all camo)

you win at finding awesome people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

blondiefk wrote:
You will all probably never, ever, ever get sick about hearing about the blind kitten but he slept with me all night with his little head on the pillow tucked under a blanket. I'm in love!

Fixed that for you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Today is Pepper's second adoptaversary! Two years since that scruffy little ragamuffin sassed her way into my heart.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I got an unexpected check in the mail yesterday & today I got a call saying I had won a drawing for a free scrub top at the local uniform store. I've never been a lucky person so the two together just made my week!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:56 pm 
Chip Strong

This

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 09,00.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I just SPLURGED on a ticket to see Hedwig on Broadway for THiS MONDAY. Oh man. It got real stressful to because seats were selling out every time I looked and then one friend wasn't getting back to me with when she could go, so I just bought two tickets for me and another friend HOPING the date would be ok for her. And it is! Phew!

I probably shouldn't have tried to involve other people knowing i wanted to buy tickets fast, but it worked out ok. I feel like, if I see this show, and I end up moving away from New York one of these days, I will feel like I made the most out of the city.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am 
Chip Strong

^Oh please let us know how it is!!
I have tickets for early July (NPH forever) and am so excited.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:05 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Sadie got diagnosed with congestive heart failure Monday. I was really, really sad about it, BUT: the drug the vet gave her has made a GIANT difference. She was super bloated, had a horrible cough, wasn't eating much, and was sleeping all the time. Two days on this drug, and she's whining for food, excited for dinner time, the cough is 10 times better, and she's much slimmer. Good job, veterinary medicine! I know we're still on borrowed time (You're kind of always on borrowed time with a really old dog), but I'm so impressed by the speedy turnaround.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Pastabake that's amazing!

I'm not going to be taking the blind kitten with me upstate after all. He's so cute-he growls at nothing at all and holds his own with the grown up cats. I'm sad he won't be coming to live with us but at least I'll get to see him in the city. He already has an application in so he might soon have a permanent home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oops, I meant that for the Space to post things etc thread.

Best part of day-growly kitten.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am 
ugh

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I just SPLURGED on a ticket to see Hedwig on Broadway for THiS MONDAY. Oh man. It got real stressful to because seats were selling out every time I looked and then one friend wasn't getting back to me with when she could go, so I just bought two tickets for me and another friend HOPING the date would be ok for her. And it is! Phew!

I probably shouldn't have tried to involve other people knowing i wanted to buy tickets fast, but it worked out ok. I feel like, if I see this show, and I end up moving away from New York one of these days, I will feel like I made the most out of the city.

Okay, I have to thank you for posting this, because even though Hedwig is my fav I totally forgot about the Broadway show starting up until I saw your post. Now my fiance & I have plans to go to NYC for a weekend in August to celebrate our 10 year (dating) anniversary! I have never seen a show on Broadway before and I'm REALLY excited.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am 
Chip Strong

If you want to see NPH, I think his last show is scheduled for sometime in August so make sure to check the schedule.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 pm 
WELFARIST!

The best thing about yesterday was T bringing a Chipotle burrito to me at work. Ours just opened last week, but the lines are always too long for me to go during one of my short breaks during the day, and I didn't even ask him, he just offered and then brought me one with all of the things I like. He even asked if their guacamole had dairy and had them put it in a separate bag from his (unnecessary, but nice). And then, it was super forking tasty. Like, way tastier than the Moe's burrito I get sometimes and even better than the Qdoba ones, and like epically better than the one other time I've had Chipotle somewhere in Ohio. Once they get less busy and I can actually go there, I can see me eating a lot of their burritos.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

a vintage store/hair salon is going to stock my zines! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:58 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Yum! I haven't had much success experimenting with black salt so far, but I've just sprinkled some on top of a fairly plain tofu scramble and it tastes EXACTLY like I remember egg tasting. In a good way, not a gross way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

missmuffcake wrote:
a vintage store/hair salon is going to stock my zines! :)

That's great MMC!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:56 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Finding out that my local Tesco carry two vegan, gluten free bread products (most here have egg in them).

Also, eating a huge lunch of pesto pasta, broccoli, pine nuts and chopped up tofu burger to help ease my 4th day migraine, it worked!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got completely into two yoga poses I didn't think I could do! Shoulderstand and reclined warrior. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:31 pm 
Grandfathered In

monkeytoes wrote:
FootFace wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Went to Whole Foods for some stuff for an order and they finally have a few flavors of WholeSoy back in stock!! I actually squealed as I picked a couple up. Then I went to the regular grocery store and they had chocolate covered matzos on sale! Good food days are the best days.

WholeSoy still hasn't made it to Seattle! (At least not to any if the stores we've checked.)

Sidecar posted a photo of their stock on facebook a couple of days ago.

Yup! I got a bunch there the other day. RELIEF.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 pm 
Impressive boner

Played an awesome show and sold a wad of merchandise. The merch profits get ploughed back into the band so it means we can use it for petrol, practice space costs etc. It's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:28 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Finding all sorts of useful, not frivolous things at Costco that I don't necessarily need right now but will soon enough. Like olive oil, almond milk, tofu, yoga pants, etc. Ended up spending almost $200 but, in all honesty, does anyone ever successfully stick to their budget at costco?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:37 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Woke up in a tent in a beautiful forest with a good friend. Came home to lovely presents and a cake from my partner. Officially made it to 28. This feels like a huge achievement, especially because I feel like every day I am realising just how forking tough my mental health struggles are and have been for such a long time. I really didn't think I would be alive this long, but most days, and today especially, I'm glad that I am.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 616  Next