| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578 ... 607  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:39 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I got to hang out with Jojo and her friend for my last day in Brighton yesterday and now I'm back home cuddling with my kitties :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Congratulations, JoPa!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:13 pm 
And you never will.

My friend Bianca got two press tickets to The Book of Mormon later this month, and she's taking me as her date! She just took me to the Morrissey concert last week - I'm starting to think it might be love, you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Graduation! After paying way too much for a crappy brunch the rest of the day was great. The ceremony was nice, people gave me gifts and liked my food, and my kid came home after spending two nights at my parents'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Work are paying for me to do nearly £800 worth of training that I really wanted to do. Awwwwww yeeeeaaahhh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 pm 
Married to the wolfman

amonik wrote:
Graduation! After paying way too much for a crappy brunch the rest of the day was great. The ceremony was nice, people gave me gifts and liked my food, and my kid came home after spending two nights at my parents'.

Congrats amonik!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

the best thing about my yesterday was seeing Welcome to Nightvale live and getting to go backstage cause we're friends with the real intern Maureen. I also almost met Astrid from Fringe, but I chickened out a bit. Still, pretty cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:23 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Nice work, Jordan and kfad!

My day was head-explody at work. It's a great job and I'm going to rock it once I create and implement about a thousand new things, but this company is growing SO FAST (exciting!) but the admin/planning/systems aspect is a nightmare. Not to mention I've been pretty sad and scared about the Moncton situation.

Anyway, after wanting to run away and never come back when it got to be 5:30, the winemaker (my boss) invited us up to his house on the property to chat and taste this incredibly expensive and amazing bottle of wine he made five years ago at the first organic winery in Canada. He is genius and has the most interesting life stories and we got really excited about the company and growth that I feel a new "bigger picture" sense of excitement that will help me weed through all the crepe. It was really nice.

And then I found out that healthcare ACTUALLY IS free in Nova Scotia! Compared to BC where for three years straight they took thousands from my income tax. Now we can actually afford to opt in to extended health and get dental work!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

We got our new car today! Brand new. It currently has 60 km on it total from our little joyride. It's so freaking pretty and to this little grown up poverty kid, I can't believe something so nice and new is mine. vroom vroom!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Vegan win! After this year's climate change report was released, I told the vegan prof. in my dept. (who is a major vegan activist) that we should work to get all scientific events to serve vegan food (imo, ONLY vegan food) and he liked the idea. Yesterday he had a meeting with the rector (president) of the university, who also liked the idea and wants to write it into the 2016-2020 university plan. So now vegan prof. and I have the awesome job of coming up with specific suggestions to make it happen. YAY.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 am 
Impressive boner

We're playing Rebellion Festival this summer, opening the Empress Ballroom on the Saturday. I'm looking forwards to dancing with my friends and meeting lots of new people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yesterday's best thing: I got to see my best friend for the first time in 3 weeks. It felt good to laugh and be silly, and she gave me a bunch of professional style shirts that she was going to take to Goodwill!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:57 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm on my way for a weekend with friends who I don't get to see because we live in different states.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:35 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Imogen wrote:
I got to hang out with Jojo and her friend for my last day in Brighton yesterday and now I'm back home cuddling with my kitties :)

It was super fun, I love that breakfast turned into ice cream & then snack shopping! And yay for kitty cuddles!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

This is yesterday, but after work I went to the big mall and had fun spending my aunt's birthday gift certificates.

I got big glamorous black (with a smoked grey border so it looks black but isn't as harsh around the edges) sunglasses at Nordstrom (why do people love them so much? When I told them I only wanted to look at glasses in a certain price range they were very snooty. They got nicer and more helpful, but I'd have gone elsewhere if I could have. If they only want to help people buying $500 glasses, they shouldn't lock up cheaper ones.)

I also got a cute outfit at Lard & Taylor that I can wear to the GED graduation. I have $4.34 left. That never happens to me! Maybe I'll post the outfit in the clothes thread. It's a navy and white knit skirt and tank too that can look casual and summery or dressy.

I never go anywhere, so it was nice to get out even if it was just shopping and trying on the sunglasses was fun! I've been wanting a new pair for years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lutin wrote:
Vegan win! After this year's climate change report was released, I told the vegan prof. in my dept. (who is a major vegan activist) that we should work to get all scientific events to serve vegan food (imo, ONLY vegan food) and he liked the idea. Yesterday he had a meeting with the rector (president) of the university, who also liked the idea and wants to write it into the 2016-2020 university plan. So now vegan prof. and I have the awesome job of coming up with specific suggestions to make it happen. YAY.

What? This makes perfect sense. And we all know that things that make perfect sense don't happen. Well done lutin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:39 am 

My best thing about yesterday was that a party I had to go to (Father in law's 70th) was WAY more fun that I thought it was going to be. There was a hog roast but it was tucked outa the way & I never had to see it and there was a vegan option which was slightly odd (baked potatoes with sweet & sour tofu) but totally edible. I also had a great time chatting to my guys godparents, his sister & her husband and a couple of sort-of-vegetarian family friends one of whom just drove the Ho Chi Minh trail alone of a motorbike and then wrote a book about it. She's such a badass!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:07 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

jean wrote:
lutin wrote:

What? This makes perfect sense. And we all know that things that make perfect sense don't happen. Well done lutin.

+1 this is amazincredible. Great job! And great job lutin's University!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Yesterday I found a waffle-stick maker at Aldi for £12.99. I've been hankering for a waffle maker for ages, but couldn't quite justify it, that was too good a price to refuse though!

Today was full of good stuff - I finished the intructions for my Adult Learners' Week session, I visited my parents and got given a ton of frozen red-currants and apple sauce and other goodies from their garden, but also my mum gave my one of those cookie dough presses with fancy shaped nozzles. It had belonged to her friend's mum, but has hardly been used. That's another long-wanted kitchen gadget I can cross off my list!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

dropscone wrote:
Yesterday I found a waffle-stick maker at Aldi for £12.99. I've been hankering for a waffle maker for ages, but couldn't quite justify it, that was too good a price to refuse though!

Today was full of good stuff - I finished the intructions for my Adult Learners' Week session, I visited my parents and got given a ton of frozen red-currants and apple sauce and other goodies from their garden, but also my mum gave my one of those cookie dough presses with fancy shaped nozzles. It had belonged to her friend's mum, but has hardly been used. That's another long-wanted kitchen gadget I can cross off my list!

I got one of those cookie presses from Aldi a few weeks ago, if you keep an eye on the special buys section of their site (which is updated on Mondays and Fridays) you can see what goodies they will having coming in stock soon. I wanted the waffle maker as well but forgot to look for them.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I got my freecycle greenhouse! Well, part of it. I'm going to pick the rest up on Tuesday. I just need to move a tree and a couple of shrubs and flatten a bit of land and I can put it up! It needs a couple of panes replacing, but that's easily resolved. Greenhouse!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

warning: this mentions an injured animal, but it turns out okay.

i was taking a shower and a moth flew in. it got caught in the stream of water and i freaked out and turned the shower off and tried to pick it up. sparing details, i eventually got it onto the counter and i thought it was dead. but when i went back in it had turned over and its wings dried off and it was fluttering them! i ever so gently put my finger near enough to it so it could feel my finger and it flew away.

i was SO happy it was okay.

it was also pretty beautiful how resilient it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:42 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Flying insects get wet all the time, they're resilient! In fact, twice today I had to fish a bee out of my iced tea. They both looked a bit shocked for a second when I took them out, but they shook it off and went on their way. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:17 pm 

I saw some pictures of Rorschach in his new home on Instagram & he looks super chilled and happy! It's also my birthday tomorrow and we started the celebrating early with mac & cheese, OITNB and pie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:12 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Happy birthday for tomorrow, jojo!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578 ... 607  Next