| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 611  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just found out I got funding to get another rigging qualification for my work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Jill wrote:
jojo wrote:
I don't have arthritis or a thyroid problem and my bones aren't full of fractures. Yay!

Bad news is that they still don't actually know what is wrong with me. We did even more blood tests this morning and the rheumatologist referred me to a gastroenterologist to check for, amongst other things, coeliac. I will be pissed if I have to give up pizza, pasta and bread and whilst I know their are g/f versions it'll make travelling a pain in the asparagus! But, to spin this positively again, the doctor's are actually helping me rather than just telling me to take some painkillers and go away so that's a nice change.

Hi Jojo, I have arthritis and some fractures, plus now osteoporosis, but my problem was hyperparathyroidism. The blood tests for umpteem years were marginally under the radar for that, but the impacts were devastating. My vitamin D levels seemed to compromise the test results and they weren't checking for that during the 20+ years I had fatigue and severe joint pain, plus lots of other autoimmune problems. So, make sure they're checking carefully for that! Good luck.

Thank you! I have yet another hospital appointment today and I'll make sure to double check, they did thyroid tests last time I was there and I think they were totally okay. I get my vit D results and Coeliac results today as well as whoever else it was they re-tested last week, B12 I think and a few others. Today I get to see the gastroenterologist. Fun!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 pm 
Dead by dawn

I baked cookies to share at work today and everyone loves them (duh) including the super adorable and sweet young guy who I would have a mad crush on if I were single and like 20 years younger. He went out of his way to find me and tell me the cookies were amazing (they were the Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles fdom VCIYCJ.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:58 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Best thing about today - Wicked Oreos!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:02 pm 
Nailed to the V

Usually someone always puts on Ace of Bass in the brewery on Fridays, but today Neko Case has been on since at least 7am when I got here. It is a delight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had my first day at the new job where I didn't feel even a single moment of panic. And I rolled 60 burritos and made 3 quesadillas, plus cut up fruit and cooked (frozen) veggies. I feel like superwoman.

Competing with that for the best part of my day is right now, because I'm pants-free and lounging on my bed with my cats.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:15 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

One of our newer employees came back from her lunch break with VEGAN TREATS! Not Vegan Treats - too far south for that, but treats which are in fact vegan. And chocolate and peanut butter! Huzzah!!!

New Orleans in Green, a blog about vegan life in Nola!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:20 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

allularpunk wrote:
I had my first day at the new job where I didn't feel even a single moment of panic. And I rolled 60 burritos and made 3 quesadillas, plus cut up fruit and cooked (frozen) veggies. I feel like superwoman.

Competing with that for the best part of my day is right now, because I'm pants-free and lounging on my bed with my cats.

Congrats on zero panic at a new job - that is MAJOR!

New Orleans in Green, a blog about vegan life in Nola!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:59 pm 
Impressive boner

After weeks of thinking my squash seeds had been fixed to not produce female flowers I have not one but THREE females growing on two plants. I have four plants in total so maybe there will be more to come. It might be a bit late in the season but we finally have girls! Hurrah!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I finished work at 12:30 today until Sept 1st.
I then went shopping and found in Waterstones a book (the revenge of seven) which is only being released next Tuesday on the shelf for sale, I grabbed it and cancelled my preorder.
I then spent 2 hours with my niece and came home to find my dehydrator has arrived!
Pretty good day all the way through

π

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

monkeytoes wrote:
I baked cookies to share at work today and everyone loves them (duh) including the super adorable and sweet young guy who I would have a mad crush on if I were single and like 20 years younger. He went out of his way to find me and tell me the cookies were amazing (they were the Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles fdom VCIYCJ.)

Basically if someone doesn't like those snickerdoodles I have to question whether or not they're even human.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:21 pm 
Dead by dawn

madeleine.teacup wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Basically if someone doesn't like those snickerdoodles I have to question whether or not they're even human.

True story.

Today's best is my sweetie. I got home from work and he called downstairs, "You're three minutes early! Go out and come back in!" He was mixing up a pitcher of margaritas and had been trying to time them perfectly for my arrival home. ♡ And then we hung out in the garage while he changed out my wrecked rear tire and cleaned my bike for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

today was the last day of the department of health inspection at my work, which was making pretty much every admin/manager act crazy, so now that's done and we can get back to just doing our work without worrying every second that we are going to get in trouble for something.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

There's a new gelato place just opened last night in my city, and they have SO MUCH vegan sorbet in amazing flavours. Yesterday I had blueberry-melon, pineapple and mixed red berries flavours, and today I had strawberry, dark chocolate and kibana (kiwi-banana). So good! And the waffle cones are vegan too. And they stay open late, so I could go and have icy treats for dinner every day after work if I wanted.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:58 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Attended my friends' baby's naming & first solid food ceremony at a Hindu temple in the middle of suburban nowhere. It was great to see my friends again and their two awesome kids. And just so you know, baby saris are the cutest thing ever. ev.errrrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yesterday I went on a 17 mile run, came home and ate a ginormous amount of watermelon, went out for a lot of beer, and then came home and my husband made pad thai because I was too drunk to cook. All in all a successful day.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

NatureBoy and I just came back from an awesome MTB ride. It's been raining on and off for most of the past 2 weeks --- this afternoon feels like the first semi-sunny break, so we cut across fields to a forest nearby with technical routes. I'm still pretty cautious, but I finally felt/saw the difference between how I rode last October (first ever MTB ride) and now. So satisfying! We're both deliciously tired and zonked on the couch now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am 
Seagull of the PPK

glad to see you`re feeling better lutin! been thinking about you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:33 pm 
Dead by dawn

Sun's out, I had a good race (great run!,) I saw a pigeon at the grocery store eating oats that had spilled out of the bulk bins, and I just had cheerwine and a mighty-o donut. So, really, I win today (lobsteriffic wins yesterday, though.) I might have some EB mac'n'cheese later, just to make it ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:53 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Cheerwine winner.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm 
And you never will.

I just found out I don't have to deliver another order until Thursday. That means I have TWO DAYS off. I can clean my house! I can sleep at nighttime! Plus I saw a turtle sunning itself earlier, which made the 104F temps slightly less horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 pm 
Dead by dawn

No EB mac, but I did walk down to the bar to meet biker boy and pal, and have a couple of palomas before walking home, so that made my day even better.

Poopie, I'm so pleased that you get to sleep!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh Poopie, I am so happy that you can get some down time! Yay!!! It sounds like you have had a really hard last few weeks, and you can really use the break. <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:37 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I found out that my local foodtown sells Wholesoy and Califia almond milk, which means I don't have to travel to the city or westchester for yogurt or milk. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My housemate was in PDX for a long weekend (we live in Nashville). When I picked her up at the airport just now, she had a vegan creme-filled chocolate-glazed donut from Voodoo Donuts for me! It was a little squished, but I think it's been seven years since I've had a donut! I'm a little bit regretting that I didn't wait until I got home to eat it, but IT WAS SO forking GOOD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 611  Next