| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 607  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Sacramento
That's so cool, CQ!

My best thing is that I'm baking bread, and bread makes me happy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 611
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
A belated congrats SL and Jean. I thought about going for Vet Tech, but wound up in CNA training. Oh, and Jean, I'm coming up on two years sans alcohol at the end of this year. Clink a mug of coffee to the screen for me.

Best thing about today, hmm.. Reading this thread made me smile, but I'd have to say trekking over to my parents, spending time with them and my aunt who is visiting. Chillin' with my pop and drinking several cups of TAZO Zen made in his Keurig was also swell... You know, it was just a really good day for me too!

_________________
Well hello mister fancy pants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2247
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
Aww, yay CQ!

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 pm
Posts: 820
*Clinks mug of decaf, Ash's way*

_________________
"Well, don't give the chickens cookies, then" -one SassyOh customer, to another SassyOh customer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 611
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
CQ, I missed your post somehow.. Congrats on your visit. I'm gonna have to try that choc chip ginger combo sometime.

Ashley, I bet your whole house smells just divine.

_________________
Well hello mister fancy pants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:11 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 6795
Location: Modesto, CA
the boyfriend bought me $100 worth of vitamins & peanut butter!

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4077
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Awe there's so much nice stuff in this thread right now. Happy hugs for everyone!

CQ I met my friend of that nature last year - we had been friends online for 13 years. It was excellent.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6488
Location: Boston, MA
missmuffcake wrote:
the boyfriend bought me $100 worth of vitamins & peanut butter!


*swoons*

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7973
Location: Brasil
icelandic rye flatbread for breakfast thanks to PPK FB magic!
it ain't like having Bjork sing me happy birthday, but it's good enough. And I'm eating it with pineapple, just to be totally inauthentic.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 pm 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5609
Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4077
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Yorkshire, UK
fezza wrote:
Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*

I share your kale joy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7973
Location: Brasil
Moon wrote:
Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

hang in there dude. I hope it turns out she has something silly like a case of the pernicious knids that can be easily cured by snuggles in bed.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 394
Location: Wales
Chickpea wrote:
fezza wrote:
Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*

I share your kale joy!


Ditto, found some in Asda the other day...nero is like super kale.

_________________
MoFo blog :)
Rosie's vegan kitchen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Norfolk, UK
Rosie wrote:
Chickpea wrote:
fezza wrote:
Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*

I share your kale joy!


Ditto, found some in Asda the other day...nero is like super kale.

I love that stuff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm
Posts: 274
I recently ordered some books online, including a knitting kit with needles and yarn and a "64 page project book with clear, easy-to-follow instructions!" I had assumed this meant is was like a learn-to-knit thing, only to find when it arrived today that it was just projects written in confusing knitting code. My bad for not realizing that something for "beginners" was not the same as something for "complete and utter novices." So I took it back to the store and was wandering around looking for something else and being generally disappointed that I wasn't at home knitting. Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.

_________________
She eats a paleo diet, just like the whiskey-and-bacon-eating australopithecans before her. - annak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 pm
Posts: 820
parkerk wrote:
Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.


I like this. I can relate.

_________________
"Well, don't give the chickens cookies, then" -one SassyOh customer, to another SassyOh customer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4077
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
torque wrote:
Moon wrote:
Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

hang in there dude. I hope it turns out she has something silly like a case of the pernicious knids that can be easily cured by snuggles in bed.


Well, the long and the short of it is - yeah, early heart failure. But I had myself all geared up to be told she was fading fast, which was silly as she can be kept happy with a change of meds for a long time.

I knew we would get to this point, as she had a significant murmur when we adopted her. But I'm a catastrophizing worrywart.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:50 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm
Posts: 858
Location: Hella Oakland, CA
torque wrote:
icelandic rye flatbread for breakfast thanks to PPK FB magic!
it ain't like having Bjork sing me happy birthday, but it's good enough. And I'm eating it with pineapple, just to be totally inauthentic.


When my sweetheart and I visited Finland we wound up with unexpected and inexplicable pineapple on or in everything somehow. You totally had a fusion breakfast.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Midlands, UK
jean wrote:
parkerk wrote:
Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.


I like this. I can relate.


That's fab! What kind of jewellery do you guys make? I have an unhealthy obsession with seed beads.

_________________
"The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure." - coldandsleepy

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:28 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Midlands, UK
Moon wrote:

Well, the long and the short of it is - yeah, early heart failure. But I had myself all geared up to be told she was fading fast, which was silly as she can be kept happy with a change of meds for a long time.

I knew we would get to this point, as she had a significant murmur when we adopted her. But I'm a catastrophizing worrywart.

Aw, sorry to hear it wasn't the best news, but glad there are meds that can help.

_________________
"The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure." - coldandsleepy

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 394
Location: Wales
Moon wrote:
torque wrote:
Moon wrote:
Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

hang in there dude. I hope it turns out she has something silly like a case of the pernicious knids that can be easily cured by snuggles in bed.


Well, the long and the short of it is - yeah, early heart failure. But I had myself all geared up to be told she was fading fast, which was silly as she can be kept happy with a change of meds for a long time.

I knew we would get to this point, as she had a significant murmur when we adopted her. But I'm a catastrophizing worrywart.


Really sorry to hear that, I hope the meds keep her comfortable and happy for as long as possible.

_________________
MoFo blog :)
Rosie's vegan kitchen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm
Posts: 274
dropscone wrote:
jean wrote:
parkerk wrote:
Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.


I like this. I can relate.


That's fab! What kind of jewellery do you guys make? I have an unhealthy obsession with seed beads.

Beads are my thing too! But bigger ones combined with wrapped or braided cord, mostly in black/silver quasi-industrial-looking combinations. The book was on braiding and knotting techniques. I'll try and post some pics in the Workshop once I have some decent-looking finished products.

_________________
She eats a paleo diet, just like the whiskey-and-bacon-eating australopithecans before her. - annak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:50 am 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 pm
Posts: 820
Hugs Moon. I'm sorry, I missed your post about Quita. I understand your relief that's it's something that can be managed.

parkerk and dropscone, I've not tried my hand at jewellry making or beading, although I'd love to. What I could relate to is the realization of not needing or having the time to take on something new, but to breathe new life and excitement into something already ongoing. There's a relief and joy that comes with that.

But, yeah, I'd love to see some of your pics parkerk.

_________________
"Well, don't give the chickens cookies, then" -one SassyOh customer, to another SassyOh customer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 708
Location: chicago
I'm working on a sculpture project that is really pushing my metal working/welding skills, so I'm taking a metal sculpture class concurrently so that I can get access to some heavier-duty welding equipment than what I have at home, and so that I can get some instruction on how to do it well and safely (or rather, so that it's safe for people to climb on later.)

Well, the teacher is super awkward and was kind of off-putting to me the last two times I went to it, and I wasn't sure if it was a waste of my time or not, but I also don't know how else I would get done the things that I need to get done on this piece, in time to install it. Today, I went in and was much more confident about what I want/need from the class and what I wanted to do for the 3 hours that I'm there, and it was waaay better. And, I finished my intro oxy-acetylene welding project, and I totally started getting into the groove of the process! And the teacher put it in a bucket of water and it floated, meaning all my edges were welded together with no holes or gaps, and he said I'm one of only a handful of people in 20 years of that class whose box has floated! So I am feeling pretty pleased with myself today. It's also a well-timed confidence boost, because I've been majorly stressing about my ability to do all the things required for this project, and doing it all on time, and about my general competence at everything about life.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 607  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer