| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

That's so cool, CQ!

My best thing is that I'm baking bread, and bread makes me happy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

A belated congrats SL and Jean. I thought about going for Vet Tech, but wound up in CNA training. Oh, and Jean, I'm coming up on two years sans alcohol at the end of this year. Clink a mug of coffee to the screen for me.

Best thing about today, hmm.. Reading this thread made me smile, but I'd have to say trekking over to my parents, spending time with them and my aunt who is visiting. Chillin' with my pop and drinking several cups of TAZO Zen made in his Keurig was also swell... You know, it was just a really good day for me too!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Aww, yay CQ!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 pm 
Chip Strong

*Clinks mug of decaf, Ash's way*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

CQ, I missed your post somehow.. Congrats on your visit. I'm gonna have to try that choc chip ginger combo sometime.

Ashley, I bet your whole house smells just divine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:11 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

the boyfriend bought me $100 worth of vitamins & peanut butter!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Awe there's so much nice stuff in this thread right now. Happy hugs for everyone!

CQ I met my friend of that nature last year - we had been friends online for 13 years. It was excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

missmuffcake wrote:
the boyfriend bought me $100 worth of vitamins & peanut butter!

*swoons*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am 
Seagull of the PPK

icelandic rye flatbread for breakfast thanks to PPK FB magic!
it ain't like having Bjork sing me happy birthday, but it's good enough. And I'm eating it with pineapple, just to be totally inauthentic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 pm 

Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

fezza wrote:
Sainsburys finally have nero kale back in stock, after a whole summer without it *clutches kale and sobs*

I share your kale joy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Moon wrote:
Got a vet appointment for Quita with my preferred vet for tonight - which means I only have to be beside myself about her heart condition for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm hoping my best thing changes to going to the vet and finding out she only has kennel cough or something and isn't actually in early heart failure but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case.

hang in there dude. I hope it turns out she has something silly like a case of the pernicious knids that can be easily cured by snuggles in bed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Chickpea wrote:
fezza wrote:

I share your kale joy!

Ditto, found some in Asda the other day...nero is like super kale.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Rosie wrote:
Chickpea wrote:
fezza wrote:

I share your kale joy!

Ditto, found some in Asda the other day...nero is like super kale.

I love that stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

I recently ordered some books online, including a knitting kit with needles and yarn and a "64 page project book with clear, easy-to-follow instructions!" I had assumed this meant is was like a learn-to-knit thing, only to find when it arrived today that it was just projects written in confusing knitting code. My bad for not realizing that something for "beginners" was not the same as something for "complete and utter novices." So I took it back to the store and was wandering around looking for something else and being generally disappointed that I wasn't at home knitting. Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 pm 
Chip Strong

parkerk wrote:
Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.

I like this. I can relate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 pm 

torque wrote:
Moon wrote:

hang in there dude. I hope it turns out she has something silly like a case of the pernicious knids that can be easily cured by snuggles in bed.

Well, the long and the short of it is - yeah, early heart failure. But I had myself all geared up to be told she was fading fast, which was silly as she can be kept happy with a change of meds for a long time.

I knew we would get to this point, as she had a significant murmur when we adopted her. But I'm a catastrophizing worrywart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

torque wrote:
icelandic rye flatbread for breakfast thanks to PPK FB magic!
it ain't like having Bjork sing me happy birthday, but it's good enough. And I'm eating it with pineapple, just to be totally inauthentic.

When my sweetheart and I visited Finland we wound up with unexpected and inexplicable pineapple on or in everything somehow. You totally had a fusion breakfast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

jean wrote:
parkerk wrote:
Instead, I found a book on jewellery making that is relevant to some projects I've already got started, so I got that instead. Now I have a much better new crafty book and I'm not going to clutter up my house with yet another hobby that I don't have time for.

That's fab! What kind of jewellery do you guys make? I have an unhealthy obsession with seed beads.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:28 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Moon wrote:

Well, the long and the short of it is - yeah, early heart failure. But I had myself all geared up to be told she was fading fast, which was silly as she can be kept happy with a change of meds for a long time.

I knew we would get to this point, as she had a significant murmur when we adopted her. But I'm a catastrophizing worrywart.

Aw, sorry to hear it wasn't the best news, but glad there are meds that can help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Moon wrote:
torque wrote:
Moon wrote:

Really sorry to hear that, I hope the meds keep her comfortable and happy for as long as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am 
Saggy Butt

dropscone wrote:
jean wrote:
parkerk wrote:

That's fab! What kind of jewellery do you guys make? I have an unhealthy obsession with seed beads.

Beads are my thing too! But bigger ones combined with wrapped or braided cord, mostly in black/silver quasi-industrial-looking combinations. The book was on braiding and knotting techniques. I'll try and post some pics in the Workshop once I have some decent-looking finished products.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:50 am 
Chip Strong

Hugs Moon. I'm sorry, I missed your post about Quita. I understand your relief that's it's something that can be managed.

parkerk and dropscone, I've not tried my hand at jewellry making or beading, although I'd love to. What I could relate to is the realization of not needing or having the time to take on something new, but to breathe new life and excitement into something already ongoing. There's a relief and joy that comes with that.

But, yeah, I'd love to see some of your pics parkerk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm working on a sculpture project that is really pushing my metal working/welding skills, so I'm taking a metal sculpture class concurrently so that I can get access to some heavier-duty welding equipment than what I have at home, and so that I can get some instruction on how to do it well and safely (or rather, so that it's safe for people to climb on later.)

Well, the teacher is super awkward and was kind of off-putting to me the last two times I went to it, and I wasn't sure if it was a waste of my time or not, but I also don't know how else I would get done the things that I need to get done on this piece, in time to install it. Today, I went in and was much more confident about what I want/need from the class and what I wanted to do for the 3 hours that I'm there, and it was waaay better. And, I finished my intro oxy-acetylene welding project, and I totally started getting into the groove of the process! And the teacher put it in a bucket of water and it floated, meaning all my edges were welded together with no holes or gaps, and he said I'm one of only a handful of people in 20 years of that class whose box has floated! So I am feeling pretty pleased with myself today. It's also a well-timed confidence boost, because I've been majorly stressing about my ability to do all the things required for this project, and doing it all on time, and about my general competence at everything about life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 617  Next