| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't match
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
So yeah. I can't be the only one out here whose ethics/food choices clash with those of the person they love. So, a support thread for veganism-related love trouble seemed like a good idea, so here we go: I've been with this really great omnivore guy for 8 months now. Out of that time, I've been vegan for the last 3 months, and he does not like it at all that I decided to be vegan.

We pretty much stopped having dinner together. My Gentleman Caller just avoids being at my place during dinner time and will arrange things in such a way that we meet up before or after. In cases when we do eat dinner together, he generally doesn't like the things I cook, so I mostly cook vegan versions of pregan shared favorites (such as chili sin carne, pasta with marinara sauce, mushroom risotto) and I try to shy away from cooking anything possibly 'offensive' - anything that could be considered stereotypically vegan, anything with tofu/tempeh/seitan etc. Which I hate, because I've got so many great recipes that I'd love to make for him. So yeah, it peas me off that I have to tiptoe around him to get him to eat with me.

He's very concerned about my health. His fathers side of the family suffers of hereditary osteoporosis, and his father has been diagnosed with it recently. The specialist medical doctor who's treating his father recommends him and his father to eat at least 4 'items' of dairy per day. Which makes him worry, because I eat no dairy. And which makes me worry, because both his father and himself would be so much better off by not relying on dairy for their calcium. According to my opinion, they should be eating tons of leafy greens and taking calcium supplements.

According to him, all positive information on veganism is propaganda. So there's no use trying to convince him with the facts. For he does not see them as facts. He's a solid believer in the dairy myth that we all grew up with. To make it worse, he doesn't even believe that animals in the meat industry are treated that bad. (That is vegan propaganda too, in his view.) Also, when I read him pieces from Vegan For Life to convince him that my nutrition is fine, and that I'm healthy and doing great, he refuses to believe it.

I feel guilty and start doubting myself at times, which I hate. I feel like I did something to a perfectly fine relationship, which is potentially ruining it. We were doing great, and now I'm poisoning it with veganism. Or at least, that's what it feels like. I haven't had a moment of doubt with regards to being vegan, but it is very painful to notice that my veganism eats away at my relationship. Why can't I have both? Also, because I'm newly vegan, busy with giving veganism a place in my life, up against such a big force (general media, pretty much all doctors etc.), I can't help but wonder whether I really am right. Especially when my Gentleman Caller refuses to listen because he deems it all to be propaganda, it can be very hard to maintain that all doctors and all media are wrong and that I am right.

I can hear you all think: Jesus Paloma, why are you with this guy? Well, because the other stuff IS good. We get along really well, we love each other, we're very much on the same path with regards to other things, we're there for eachother when needed and so forth. I really like this guy, and asides from the big V, I can totally see us staying together for a very long time.

So yeah, we've pretty much reached the point where it's up to him to decide whether he can get over dating a vegan or not. Which hurts, because in my opinion, veganism is not that big of a deal, let along a dealbreaker. It's just what I eat. I'm not militant, I don't preach, I don't expect him to do anything different in his life, I don't mind him eating meat/use my pans etc. But then again, I'm probably wrong there. In general, I continue to be amazed by the strong reactions some people have upon hearing I'm vegan.

Are there any people out there with similar experiences? How do/did things work for you?

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 579
I'm dating a more or less vegan and it's sortof how we started hanging out so I'm not totally in your boat but I can understand how he feels. He just seems skeeved out by it and worries that you aren't being healthy, it's not his fault he's been brainwashed by the dairy myth, tens of millions of others have. The only concern you should have is that he seems to be unswayed by the scientific research into veganism, how does he respond to things like evolution and other controversial scientific topics? You could possibly connect that stuff.

It's totally on him though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 2770
I am married to an omni! He doesn't really ever eat meat at home though, but that is mostly because I won't cook it and he doesn't like to cook. He does believe that veg is better, but he doesn't want to give up meat, since he has it only a few times a week it doesn't bother me. Hopefully your Gentleman Caller (can we make this a filter?) will get over itin time and things can go back to normal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
He's very liberal. And with regards to other things, like freedom on the internet for instance, or with regards to government influence, he can be very critical of the mainstream opinion and is absolutely willing to be that critical minority. So I am confused as to why this is so foreign to him.

And it feels weird to me too. Because not all of my friends agree with me to the fullest extent, but they do see where I'm coming from. They're happy to try my food and usually like what they eat. And most importantly, they see how much I like being vegan, and how happy it makes me.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
Maybe that it what hurts most. That he's so critical of something that makes me so happy.

But then again, he himself doesn't want to make such a big deal out of it. But he can't get himself to be okay with it, he said. He doesn't want to be that guy who is against something that makes his Special Lady Friend so happy, but veganism as a concept is too 'extreme' (his words), too out of his ballpark to actually walk the talk, I guess.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 am 
Offline
Hip Goiter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8175
Location: Philly/London
Does he have any good or meaningful reason to be against it (not stuff that everyone gets like 'but you need calcium!' bc we all know the dairy/calcium shiitake is, well, shiitake)? This is something that is important to you and he needs to understand that. He seems to be really disrespectful. And he doesn't believe the animals are treated poorly?! Like, what the fork. I would suggest Earthlings or something but I suspect he'll shut down even more if you try to get him to watch that. God! You should be strong and forceful and tell him that he needs to start respecting your beliefs and treating you as a capable adult.
So I live with an omnivore I've been with for 3.5 years. It would make everything easier if he were veg, but he's not and I don't think he will be. But, he respects my beliefs, happily eats my food, makes sure I'm taken care of when we go to a nonveg restaurant....If he didn't respect my beliefs (and if he didn't believe the animals are abused! holy fork!) and if he tried to get me to give up veganism, that would tell me that he doesn't respect me and it would be time to DTMFA.

_________________
@randibop for le tweets & le pics

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7886
Location: Brasil
i went vegan and my spouse didn't. we get along really well along the food lines as long as we both subscribe to one simple line:
IT IS ONLY FOOD.*
We have agreed that in the case of any disagreement about food/veganism/etc, that is our established response. No other comments about each other's food is allowed, since it is only food. It is the equivalent of having to learn to not rise to bait, to just shrug off criticism, but also to not be allowed to say anything detrimental to the other. (it is a good model for my kid too, to learn how to respond to criticism).

I wonder what would happen if you were to say that to him (and you pretty much say it yourself in your post)- hey buddy, it's only food! Can we move on and talk about something else? And if he can't, then to explore why that is.

Honestly your relationship reminds me of one i had long ago before i was vegan where there was a lot of manipulation and belittling going on, where my partner regularly ridiculed me for my "uncultured" taste in wine, for my comparative lack of intelligence and culture, my news sources, etc etc. Took me a long time to understand (only in hindsight of course) that he was acting out the way his parents had chastised him throughout his childhood, and had nothing to do with my intelligence and taste, nothing at all. Had I asked more meaningful questions that relationship might have lasted a bit longer, but then I wouldn't have gone to Japan and had my awesome life. ETA: not implying that there is the same sort of BS going on with you as with me, but the whole thing about "not believing" or challenging your beliefs really reminded me of this jerk.



* Yes, it is not only food. Years (7?) into veganism, it sure isn't just about the food, but when I began that was all it was (don't hate me). But I don't lecture my spouse about any other things, and this keeps things simple and civil.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
I don't really want to go down the 'Bring me 10 scientific papers that prove that veganism is bad for you'-road. I've been trying to avoid doing that, because I don't do very well with conflict and I don't want to launch an offensive on him. Anything close bickering about facts felt really bad to the both of us.

About the animals treated poorly-statement, I probably need to explain that a bit more. He is more of a 'humane'-type meat purchaser. He does have concern about animals to a certain degree, and will not buy too obviously crappy stuff. However, he is from a family with ties to the agricultural industry, and that stuff and their arguments feel so much more natural/familiar to him. Hence the trouble with convincing him with facts that have their roots in veganism.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8472
Location: Maryland/DC area
I went vegan about a year after I was married. My husband and I were both pretty flexible and ate a variety of foods and started eating a few meatless meals for a few months prior to me becoming vegan.

He was very concerned at first. Wanted to make sure I was being healthy so I showed him the information, explained it to him, etc. It probably helped that his brother is a vegan/lacto-vegetarian (goes back and forth). So he knew some things already and was receptive. After about 3 months of being vegan, my husband went vegan.

I know it is tough but if he is really rigid, this is going to be hard for you. I just wish you luck.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
torque wrote:
IT IS ONLY FOOD.
[...]
I wonder what would happen if you were to say that to him (and you pretty much say it yourself in your post)- hey buddy, it's only food! Can we move on and talk about something else? And if he can't, then to explore why that is.


Yeah, that's pretty much the approach I'm going for. The I'm not trying to bother you, convince you etc. route.

However, I do spend time on activism, meet other vegans, talk with other people about veganism, so discussing those things with him are difficult because they all become loaded with Meaning, you know?

Have you got any more practical tips/details of the 'it's only food'-thing and how it worked for you?

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:50 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7886
Location: Brasil
Details: it's basically, i will cook stuff without meat. If you don't want it, no worries, but you make it. If you would prefer to take over cooking duties, that's fine, make what you want, I will work around it. We do not get petty and pissy about it, it's just food. Since i do the shopping and cooking, and we live together, it effectively means that if he doesn't want vegan food, he doesn't eat at home (in practice this never happens). If you don't live together, i imagine it might not be a huge deal. If you didn't eat pork or something, would he also be so offended? I mean, it's just the way you eat.

Unfortunately, I think, it sounds like your situation is more like politics. You are a member of the Vegan party and he can't see beyond it. With Mr Torque it's like, I am on team vegan just like you are a fan of your football team. I don't bust your balls about your team, don't do it to me. But if he were a Log Cabin Republican instead of Patriots fan, I think we might have a hard time overlooking our personal preferences. I don't envy your situation.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18876
Location: Cliffbar NJ
The part that is problematic is that he is trying to get you to do something you don't want to do (give up veganism) instead of respecting your choices as an autonomous adult. This isn't about veganism, its about respecting your partner.

My husband is omni and we've been together for five years. He respects my choices, I respect his, and veganism is a non-issue to us, even now that we have a kidlet.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
torque wrote:
Unfortunately, I think, it sounds like your situation is more like politics. You are a member of the Vegan party and he can't see beyond it. With Mr Torque it's like, I am on team vegan just like you are a fan of your football team. I don't bust your balls about your team, don't do it to me. But if he were a Log Cabin Republican instead of Patriots fan, I think we might have a hard time overlooking our personal preferences. I don't envy your situation.


It's something like religion, I guess. I used to be an atheist and now I converted to veganism/scientology. He would've been able to deal with vegetarianism/some sort of liberal christian faith, but this is too extreme for him to grasp. And it's not really about facts, but more about what does he/do I chose to believe.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 664
Paloma wrote:
However, he is from a family with ties to the agricultural industry, and that stuff and their arguments feel so much more natural/familiar to him. Hence the trouble with convincing him with facts that have their roots in veganism.


Without knowing anything else, this might be the underlying issue. It could definitely complicate things if those big ag people we generally think of as evil animal abusers concerned only about money, he thinks of as "Uncle Joe" and "grandpa".

It seems he has justified that "humanely" raised good quality meat is better for him than the worst of the processed stuff, which seems to be a compromise between knowing meat can be bad for you, and cutting actually cutting it out altogether. I went that step before cutting meat out completely. I thought buying organic, pasture raised, cage-free, non-factory farm etc etc was better. I eventually realized those things weren't enough for me, perhaps he will too.

I'd definitely try to keep it just about the food, and for the time being just agree to disagree. Especially if you have your doctor sure your calcium levels or whatever else he might perseverate on are okay whenever you have your next appointment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 731
Location: Funky Town
My partner is very much omni. The first few years when we were more in a romantic relationship he was very anti eating what I cook. He never tried things, wouldn't go to vegan places and so on. Now that we've gone beyond that and into a domestic partnership he has really changed gears. Most of this came from me making compromises with him about where we ate and a few emotional blow ups about it. When at home he eats mostly what I make (unless it's got squash or cauliflower or certain spices) and we'll make separate meaty stuff for him to add in sometimes. Mostly he eats vegan at home. But it's been five years. Three of them, he mostly refused to eat anything I did. How did I win him over?

Cupcakes.
Spiral Diner quesadillas.
Tofu Scramble.
Chickpea cutlets.

He actually started trying things and started eating new things. Then he began requesting those things. It took many small steps. Plus we were together 24/7 the first three years (Team truck drivers) and I got good at finding ways to get him to try things without a fight.

_________________
~Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meeting of all wisdom. To believe in the good in man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7795
Location: Seattle
Tofulish wrote:
The part that is problematic is that he is trying to get you to do something you don't want to do (give up veganism) instead of respecting your choices as an autonomous adult. This isn't about veganism, its about respecting your partner.

My husband is omni and we've been together for five years. He respects my choices, I respect his, and veganism is a non-issue to us, even now that we have a kidlet.

Yeah, to me it's just a respect issue. I have also been with my omni boyfriend for 8 months. Granted, I was vegan going into the relationship and he knew that before we even met, but it's been solidly a non-issue for us. It's just food. We share what we share, which is a lot because he enjoys my cooking and even willingly eats tofu, and don't share what we don't share. I'm not trying to convert him and he knows that veganism is a part of me and it's working fine so far. I think sitting down with him and acknowledging that you disagree but asking him plainly and directly to respect your choices for your own body might be a good idea. It's hard to argue with someone who is asking simply to be respected (it would make me feel really douchey, anyway.)

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 2150
Location: Western North Carolina
linanil wrote:
I went vegan about a year after I was married. My husband and I were both pretty flexible and ate a variety of foods and started eating a few meatless meals for a few months prior to me becoming vegan.

He was very concerned at first. Wanted to make sure I was being healthy so I showed him the information, explained it to him, etc. It probably helped that his brother is a vegan/lacto-vegetarian (goes back and forth). So he knew some things already and was receptive. After about 3 months of being vegan, my husband went vegan.


And he's so vegan he does SHOTS of nooch. Gah!

Torque wrote:
Unfortunately, I think, it sounds like your situation is more like politics. You are a member of the Vegan party and he can't see beyond it. With Mr Torque it's like, I am on team vegan just like you are a fan of your football team. I don't bust your balls about your team, don't do it to me. But if he were a Log Cabin Republican instead of Patriots fan, I think we might have a hard time overlooking our personal preferences. I don't envy your situation.


You'd have more problems if your husband was a Log Cabin Republican, because than he'd be gay.

And I agree, it seems more like a disrespect problem, instead of a "different lifestyle" problem. My ex partner was an omni and it wasn't usually a stressful situation, as they would eat what I cooked and do what they wanted elsewhere (since my ex didn't like to cook). My current partner is a bit of a "pretendatarian" so she eats vegetarian at home but once or twice a month eats meat elsewhere. This doesn't bother me because she's respectful and also willing to try things that I make; but even if she doesn't like something, she knows that its a part of me and its not changing.

_________________
Evolved a vascular system, so I went from bryophyte to lycophyte.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18876
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Paloma wrote:
And it's not really about facts, but more about what does he/do I chose to believe.


But he is refusing to look at the studies you are providing and calling them propaganda, he is refusing to sit down and eat with you, and he is making you doubt yourself, all under the guise of wanting what is best for you (and assuming that he knows better than you do what that is), and that goes way beyond a conflict of what he believes versus what you believe.

Your veganism or membership in Scientology doesn't have to be an issue in your relationship, but he is making it one, because he is holding your relationship hostage over them. You say your veganism is "eating away at your relationship" but really your boyfriend's lack of respect and the way he is choosing to punish you for not agreeing with him 100% that is the issue here.

I promise you that if you stay together, there will be many times that you do not agree on things, esp if you have kids or live together, and you may want to see if you can find away to communicate and resolve this issue. But if you can't, then just be happy not to be with someone whose response to a minor disagreement is to torpedo your relationship and make you doubt yourself.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7886
Location: Brasil
lycophyte wrote:
You'd have more problems if your husband was a Log Cabin Republican, because than he'd be gay

actually, i chose that example because i simply can't fathom their political thinking. sexuality wise, we'd probably both be OK with it. /hijack!

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10345
Location: Illinoize
HEY, KNOCK IT OFF. Someone has a question, either answer them or move on.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5195
Location: Gallifrey
He seems to not respect your opinions unless they agree with his, from what I'm reading. If what you eat bothers him that much, that's his problem and that's really strange. I've dated omnis before and all of the ones that I've dated, even if they didn't agree with veganism, still would go to vegan restaurants with me, have no problem with me eating vegan near them, help me figure out what is vegan at non-veg restaurants, etc.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 2134
Location: 510
I totally thought the Scientology thing was an analogy. Am I the only one who reads it that way?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland
Yeah, that's quite a stretch. I'm not down with pseudoscience either, but this isn't the thread for me to get all soapbox about it. What you said was rude and off topic, and it could very reasonably be construed as an attack even if you didn't intend it that way. Kindly knock it off.

Oh, and you can behave however you want, but here, no, one's beliefs are not always open to debate. If you want to debate beliefs, take it to the HuffPo comments section. You will find plenty of material there.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10345
Location: Illinoize
I removed all of the posts that have nothing to do with the OPs question. If anyone feels the need to post funny comments, videos, or popcorn .gifs, go do it on facebook or something.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help, I'm dating an omnivore: When food and love don't m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7397
Location: Portland
Well now I just look like a crazy person!

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mrsbadmouth and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer