| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519, 1520, 1521 ... 1847  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 pm 
Nooch of Earl

This pan is an abomination: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products ... eware-new&

I mean, can you imagine it? You see some delicious looking cinnamon rolls, you pull one off the circle, you bite into it and it's NOT a delicious cinnamon roll after all but cake made to look like a cinnamon roll? I don't care if it's the most delicious forking cake anyone has ever made, that is WRONG.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:49 pm 
Semen Strong

LULA'S IS OPENING UP AGAIN!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:59 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

annak wrote:

I mean, can you imagine it? You see some delicious looking cinnamon rolls, you pull one off the circle, you bite into it and it's NOT a delicious cinnamon roll after all but cake made to look like a cinnamon roll? I don't care if it's the most delicious forking cake anyone has ever made, that is WRONG.

Seconded.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:10 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I made 4 dozen cupcakes this afternoon for a mental-health charity bake-sale tomorrow morning. I am exhausted and my flat feels like it's a bajillion degrees and I am like a forking snowman so covered in icing sugar as I am. I just need to paint my nose orange and the transformation will be complete. I don't know how Ms poopiebitch and others manage to do this thing full-time. It's not a vegan event so I am especially concerned that people will frowny-face my cakes and run away wailing into the afternoon about the lack of eggs. Ok, I don't *really* think that will happen. But still. It's scary putting your baked goods out there, is it not?!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:40 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Just don't tell anyone they're vegan unless you're asked and it should be fine!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:49 pm 
Mediocre Tart

That's what I'm thinking! Sadly, I am not in control of that but I am going to suggest a wee "we got vegan options!" sign rather than overtly broadcasting it all. I just know that if I were to walk by I'd probably be all "hmph! I bet there's nothing I can bladdy eat here!" But that probably speaks more to my shitty attitude than anything else. Regular people perhaps have more of a sunny disposition.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:50 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I never bother to ask at bake sales either, but that's because I'm afraid of talking to strangers in general.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:51 pm 
Impressive boner

Hope it goes really well! I'm going to the Depressed Cake Shop in Derby tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom got moved to a physical rehab place, and I was curious to see if they had a better concept of what "vegetarian" means than the hospital did, but nope! After writing "NO MEAT" all over her place mat, they served her a tuna roll. I hope I never have to stay in a hospital for more than a day! Maybe I should get the definition of vegan printed up and keep a copy in my wallet, just in case. Or something that says I am allergic to meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I wish I could go, but sadly I can't justify two trips to Glasgow in two weeks. But if you make me some lemon speculoos cupcakes next weekend, I could donate to the cause (if they're still taking donations).

Mike just got all angry-pants because I didn't put a new bag in the bin. I only walked 10 1/2 miles and did some cleaning today, and do most of the cleaning the rest of the time. God forbid he has to actually put the bag in the bin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I hate Adobe. They've always been a pain in the asparagus to deal with, but now with their subscription service, it's a real problem.

I got signed out of Creative Cloud, and now their "servers are down" so I can't sign back in, and you can't use your applications unless you are signed in. Right now I just wanted to use Illustrator. If this happened back when we had our business and I had a few hours deadline, this would be costing real money beyond their crepe subscription fees.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:19 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I was gonna make you raspberry blackout with vanilla frosting as I remember it being your fave, but if you would rather lemon speculoos then that is cool for school!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
That's what I'm thinking! Sadly, I am not in control of that but I am going to suggest a wee "we got vegan options!" sign rather than overtly broadcasting it all. I just know that if I were to walk by I'd probably be all "hmph! I bet there's nothing I can bladdy eat here!" But that probably speaks more to my shitty attitude than anything else. Regular people perhaps have more of a sunny disposition.

I bet they will be lovely! I used to donate cupcakes to fairs at Toby's school and never told a soul they were vegan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:24 pm 
Mediocre Tart

8ball wrote:
Hope it goes really well! I'm going to the Depressed Cake Shop in Derby tomorrow.

Yay! Some of the Derby cakes I've seen look amazing! I got so confused for a wee while as I didn't cotton on to Derby being a place and thought it was all about some roller derby thang. Yeah. I'm an eejit. In my defence, the woman posting about it did not capitalise it. So.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I would put up a sign that said something like "Try our vegan chocolate cupcakes!"

Something sneaky so vegan people know to ask, and nobody else thinks anything about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
I was gonna make you raspberry blackout with vanilla frosting as I remember it being your fave, but if you would rather lemon speculoos then that is cool for school!

Aww, thanks! Even Mike doesn't remember what my favourite cakes are! But I've never had lemon speculoos, and it sounds amazing. Trying new things!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:09 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:
I would put up a sign that said something like "Try our vegan chocolate cupcakes!"

Something sneaky so vegan people know to ask, and nobody else thinks anything about it.

Yeah, do something like this! I'm always too shy to ask about baked goods and assume they aren't vegan.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I like the "we have vegan options!" idea. I wouldn't say I'm shy about asking. I just assume that nothing is ever vegan, because it's probably not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm going on holiday tomorrow and have just finished packing. There seems to be an inordinate amount of room left in the suitcase - I'm convinced I've forgotten something but can't think of anything I've left out. I am not known for travelling light.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When Tegan and I started out on our walk today, it was a beautiful day. Not too hot, blue sky, few clouds. When we got about a mile from home, it suddenly started raining. Tegan looked at the rain, looked at me, and turned towards home. I told her that was a good idea, and we started walking back. It started raining harder. We took refuge under a tree for a while, but the rain showed no signs of stopping, so we decided to move on. Of course, as soon as we left the shelter of the tree, it started raining harder. We started running. The rain turned into a downpour. We were soaked. People in cars were honking and laughing at us. I was saying "fork you fork you fork you!" as I ran, at the people in the cars, and the rain, and everything. The sky was still blue with few clouds. I hate weather.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:42 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Wheeeeee! My cupcakes sold so well! We raised over £300! I did the whole 'ask us about vegan things' thing, although most people behind the stall were all to potential customers "these cakes are banana, these cakes are earl grey, these cakes are vanilla, these cakes are vegan. Vegan vegan vegan." hahaha. Bless them, they were just excited about something new and different. I don't actually think anyone who stopped by and bought them was actually vegan anyway? And they were super-stoked to try them! So, yay! I baked and iced them suuuuuuuuper pretty though to attract people. Success! Actually one guy, who was helping out, was a bit "eww, what now? Vegan? That's just wrong" and then went on one of those weird bacon rants. Anyways, I told him to eat one and he LOVED it. HA! Thanks, Isa, for your foolproof chocolate cupcake recipe. Huzzah!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Yay! that's great! Now I want a cupcake.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

^Yay and that sounds awesome. When I move to Scotland (let's just pretend this is a done deal) you're baking me cupcakes, right? Right?

Ugh. My fridge crapped out last night right as we were getting ready for a weekend trip to San Diego. Boyfiend gets really stressed/upset at changes of plans and we weren't going to get a fix late on a Saturday night so we came anyway hoping it was just angry that I moved it across the kitchen and would come back on, but now I'm really stressed about the food that's in there. It is difficult to be alive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:25 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

creep wrote:
I like the "we have vegan options!" idea. I wouldn't say I'm shy about asking. I just assume that nothing is ever vegan, because it's probably not.

I'm not shy about asking at all. But I think a good way to be discreet would be to post the "V" on a sign on your table. If people ask, tell them what it means. and I think vegans on the lookout for treats would spot it right away. And if you can afford it, have samples ready for scoffers. I used to make vegan baklava for street fairs in the U District and a sample is usually enough to convince folks that vegan doesn't always mean beans and lettuce.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:25 pm 
Semen Strong

When we had our WWVBS and had the word vegan on everything, some vegans still walked by and didn't realize until after we stopped them that we were actually selling vegan baked goods!

also vegan baklava sounds amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519, 1520, 1521 ... 1847  Next