| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow for DC to join in the march.
My sister was supposed to come with me (and drive) but she is so indecisive and won't make a plan or a decision. This is stressing me out so much that it's basically ruining everything and I think I probably won't end up even going at all.
makes me sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:59 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I find it hard when people won't make decisions. Now I tend to try to make a plan with someone but also have my back up plan which is me doing whatever it is on my own. Sometimes it's disappointing when u want to share time with someone else but it can be much less hassle than waiting for people to make their forking mind up! I hope you get to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Hoodwinked wrote:
I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow for DC to join in the march.
My sister was supposed to come with me (and drive) but she is so indecisive and won't make a plan or a decision. This is stressing me out so much that it's basically ruining everything and I think I probably won't end up even going at all.
makes me sad.

If someone doesn't commit to a plan with a "yes" I think it's safe to assume they are a "no" and make your plans accordingly. They should/will learn to understand that they can't be included in plans they don't commit to.

At least, that's what I do when making plans to avoid problems like that. If there's money for tickets or something and someone is a maybe I'd just give them a deadline to commit/pay and assume they're a no if they don't meet the deadline.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I did end up at the DC march.
I marched with my daughter and her friends who work for Planned Parenthood in Ohio. It was very empowering and I feel honored that I could share this amazing experience with them all.
(my sister didn't go and the drama of that whole mess almost ruined the whole thing for me. But I went anyway and tried not to let the war that is about to unfold in my family get to me).

So I had this great experience and then I come home and start reading articles about the march, and the comments truly disgust and dishearten me. People are actually wondering what the protest was about because Trump hasn't done anything yet and no one's rights have been taken away. And we should just shut up and accept that we lost the election.
People are so unaware and uninformed, it baffles me. And they are so quick to knock anyone down who is trying to stand up for what is right and fair.
the world really sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hoodwinked wrote:
...So I had this great experience and then I come home and start reading articles about the march, and the comments truly disgust and dishearten me...

Yeah. You've got to hope they're just a vocal minority, otherwise it makes you wonder what kind of world we're living in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop reading all comments everywhere, because I'm really starting to hate human beings as a whole. My anxiety levels have tripled since the inauguration.

I'm really glad I have so many ppkers in my fb newsfeed now. It's a nice break from all the horribleness. (I almost never remember to actually click "like", but I do enjoy everyone's posts!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop reading all comments everywhere, because I'm really starting to hate human beings as a whole. My anxiety levels have tripled since the inauguration.

I'm really glad I have so many ppkers in my fb newsfeed now. It's a nice break from all the horribleness. (I almost never remember to actually click "like", but I do enjoy everyone's posts!)

I have lots of PPKers in my facebook now and that made the shock from seeing all the horrible comments even worse! I saw all the great stuff on Facebook then got to the rest of the internet and...nope. I mean wow, people are pretty horrible it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Today my mom asked me what MILF means. I was this close to telling her to google it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

raspberrycomplaint, you could just do what I've done and effectively not use Facebook altogether and be very curated in who I follow on Twitter. Not that I advocate sticking your head in the sand on all issues, but honestly, this shiitake is bad for people's mental health. You gotta protect yourself in order to be an effective person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I think I might need to take a social media break for a little while. My friends list is pretty great right now, but the comments on fb articles are terrible, and the news articles themselves are anxiety inducing. I don't think being completely uninformed on what's going on in the world is a good thing, but me having an anxiety breakdown isn't going to help anyone. Stepping away from fb for a while would probably be a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm sure I'm the millionth person to ask this... but did this forum not ever stop? Yay... ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:19 am 
BAD PASS

I can't sleep anymore.

I used to have trouble getting to sleep, but I started doing a mediation thing before bed. Then I had wonderful, blissful sleep until about, oh...January 20th or so. Now I do the meditation and fall asleep during it usually -- but then I wake up disoriented around 2 or 3am. Then I can't go back to sleep and I just lie there, worrying and dreading until I manage to finally fall back asleep around just before my alarm goes off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 am 
Total Hoover

Hollie wrote:
I can't sleep anymore.

I used to have trouble getting to sleep, but I started doing a mediation thing before bed. Then I had wonderful, blissful sleep until about, oh...January 20th or so. Now I do the meditation and fall asleep during it usually -- but then I wake up disoriented around 2 or 3am. Then I can't go back to sleep and I just lie there, worrying and dreading until I manage to finally fall back asleep around just before my alarm goes off.

Have you tried doing your meditation again when you wake up in the night?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:02 am 
BAD PASS

Hmm, now that's an idea! I'm gonna give that a go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Gulliver wrote:
I'm sure I'm the millionth person to ask this... but did this forum not ever stop? Yay... ?

It stopped for like a day but only for some people. Then it suddenly appeared again and nobody knows why.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:08 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

vixki wrote:
Gulliver wrote:

It stopped for like a day but only for some people. Then it suddenly appeared again and nobody knows why.

It's because we all wished very hard!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:20 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I have big time sleep problems too, Hollie. And I was so on top of them but then, I dunno, they bottomed out. I can think of a few reasons, but historically I really really really need sleep to stay a member of society.

I think a big thing is the dryness in my workplace/bitter cold temperatures, so I'm trying to suck back a million litres of water a day, but damn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

For the SECOND time in a week I've had a mess with delivery. Last week, Amazon Logistics left a parcel in my bin, on bin day. Thankfully I got to it ok.

Today, I find a note through my door from Hermes "Sorry I missed you" and they left my parcel "In Meter Box". Ha, there is no parcel in the meter box.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 am 
Total Hoover

vixki wrote:
For the SECOND time in a week I've had a mess with delivery. Last week, Amazon Logistics left a parcel in my bin, on bin day. Thankfully I got to it ok.

Today, I find a note through my door from Hermes "Sorry I missed you" and they left my parcel "In Meter Box". Ha, there is no parcel in the meter box.

What idiot decides a good way to deliver a parcel is to put it in a bin?!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GreenDuck wrote:
vixki wrote:

What idiot decides a good way to deliver a parcel is to put it in a bin?!

I know right? What kind of thought process do you go through to do that?

BTW, I found today's parcel. It was not in the meter box (the one that you just lift the lid on, and has lots of space inside) but in a different meter cupboard, a tiny little one which you need a special doo-dah to open. I don't know how the delivery person got in there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am 
Total Hoover

vixki wrote:
I know right? What kind of thought process do you go through to do that?

BTW, I found today's parcel. It was not in the meter box (the one that you just lift the lid on, and has lots of space inside) but in a different meter cupboard, a tiny little one which you need a special doo-dah to open. I don't know how the delivery person got in there.

Is it a key with a sort of triangular end? I think those are very common so the delivery person may carry one around, but in our last meter cupboard there was so little space between the actual meter and the cupboard you could only have used it as a hiding place for very tiny parcels. Probably tiny enough to fit through most letter boxes, so they wouldn't get much use out of the key.
Oh well, glad you found the parcel!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah kind of, I think. There's no space in mine which is what makes it weird! He must have really had to try to fit it in. I'm sure he could have got it through the letter box with that effort.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm 
BAD PASS

I am so mad I'm going to lose my shiitake any second.

My best friend was molested when she was a teenager by her stepfather. Her mom didn't believe her for a long time, and she moved out of the house to live with other relatives while her mother stayed married to him -- her uncle ended up intervening and getting her mom to realize that she had been telling the truth and she finally divorced him.

She hasn't heard from him or his daughters in more than 20 years, and that mother forker just sent her a facebook FRIEND REQUEST. I am livid.

She said she doesn't know if she should ignore it or unload and tell him what a total piece of garbage he is. I told her I would come to Houston and we can go set his house and everything he owns on fire and THAT can be her response to his friend request.

I want to go to a batting cage right now. Or a gun range.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm 
Total Hoover

Hollie wrote:
I am so mad I'm going to lose my shiitake any second.

My best friend was molested when she was a teenager by her stepfather. Her mom didn't believe her for a long time, and she moved out of the house to live with other relatives while her mother stayed married to him -- her uncle ended up intervening and getting her mom to realize that she had been telling the truth and she finally divorced him.

She hasn't heard from him or his daughters in more than 20 years, and that mother forker just sent her a facebook FRIEND REQUEST. I am livid.

She said she doesn't know if she should ignore it or unload and tell him what a total piece of garbage he is. I told her I would come to Houston and we can go set his house and everything he owns on fire and THAT can be her response to his friend request.

I want to go to a batting cage right now. Or a gun range.

Oh god. That is so disgusting of him.

I suspect the best thing would be to ignore the request (and block him with the strongest privacy settings Facebook has). But yeah, setting things on fire sounds tempting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:58 am 
BAD PASS

She thinks he might be dying based on some posts from one of his daughters. But if he's trying to make amends or whatever, I think it's really selfish of him to contact her in an attempt to make HIMSELF feel better. Because it's made her feel much much much worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108  Next