| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, that is really crappy, Hoodwinked. I don't know what I would do if i were faced with your situation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 am 
BAD PASS

Okay, so. On Monday this girl posted a cropped photo of a shelf at Target with only black dolls on it, claiming she couldn't find a white doll to get her little cousin for her birthday. It was clear that she'd moved every black doll she could find onto the small section of shelf and that it was definitely a staged photo (also clear that the girl is a white supremacist, by her other tweets). I was curious, so I went to Target. They had 3 full aisles of dolls, mostly white, and there was entire aisle of the same brand of doll she'd posted in the picture, also mostly white. So I took a video of the entire aisle and replied to her tweet with it. It kind of took off and now Buzzfeed has contacted me and I answered a list of questions from them, and now I'm nervous about what's going to happen next.

The only thing I'm worried about, other than having to deal with shitty replies if they publish anything about it, is that the Buzzfeed person was like "How did you know it was the same Target?" ...to which I replied that I in no way thought it was the same Target, which was why I said in the reply that she should have chosen a less accessible store. Meaning, there are Targets everywhere and they all carry pretty much the same stock. I don't want anyone to try to paint it like I tried to CLAIM it was the same Target. Because she DEFINITELY was dishonest. I don't want to be accused of the same.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

LFL wrote:
Oh, that is really crappy, Hoodwinked. I don't know what I would do if i were faced with your situation.

It was all so extremely stressful.
But to their credit (albeit small), they did allow us to back out of the sale and provided a full refund.
My daughter then found another dress that she loved even more and had no animal stuff in it.
To my great relief, this all worked out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am 
BAD PASS

Oh, sorry. This was on Twitter. I should have said.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I have 4 dogs and 4 cats. This week I have been pet sitting for two other dogs. My house is absolutely packed and very chaotic. On top of that, I am getting work done in my kitchen so trying to wrangle everybody and keep them behind closed doors which stresses them out so much, adding to the craziness of the house.

One of my cats is super clingy and always underfoot.
last night I realized that I hadn't seen him but just figured he was hanging in the other room and didn't think much of it.
This morning, alarm bells went off when he didn't push his way into the bathroom with me.
I searched everywhere, tore my house apart, thinking that he must be trapped somewhere. I did not find him.
My partner then told me that our neighbor told him the other day that she found a cat. He didn't think anything of it, because, well he "knew" it wasn't one of our cats.
He went over to her house just to check anyway, and damn it, there was our cat sitting in her window looking out at us.

I am so freaking relieved that he was safe and ok. But I feel so horrible that it took me that long to realize he was missing. I am a terrible cat mommy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

awwww, so glad he's safe!! that's 10 pets is a lot to keep track of! Don't feel bad. He's safe and was just chillin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thank you for doing that, Hollie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 am 
BAD PASS

Here's the Buzzfeed thing. Guess it was a fake account?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/basi ... .kyqVvp14d

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

The Tina Fey #sheetcaking thing now has me positively craving cake!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:06 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Finally my tempeh starter arrived! Now I only need to get the soybeans and get started. Yay!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:02 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

TIred. but happy. There has been a vegan shop here in the little town I live for several months which makes life so much easier :) so today I gave them a small present - a vegan cookbook by Mattias Kristiansson "Välkommen till Vegoriket". He seemed very happy :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Hoodwinked wrote:
LFL wrote:

It was all so extremely stressful.
But to their credit (albeit small), they did allow us to back out of the sale and provided a full refund.
My daughter then found another dress that she loved even more and had no animal stuff in it.
To my great relief, this all worked out.

that resolution is excellent to read ... you two can put the wrong frock incident in the past to concentrate on the upcoming happy day ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108