| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I have been having severe pain in my feet and today went to a massage therapist who specializes in soft issue work and A.R.T therapy.
She was so great, very friendly, understanding and within a few minutes had provided me relief from the pain.
And then I looked up and saw a "Trump/Pence" sticker on her wall.

Fork

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:31 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Ugh, that sucks... and how unusual for a therapist to promote anything political. Let alone someone as toxic as trump.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm loving living in the uk.

Life update: been a busy few months here. I'm here over 6 months now. OH was in a serious car accident a while back and nearly died multiple times with the injuries and complications. 5 other people died and another has been left with massive life altering injuries. While his recovery is taking a while he will be fine long term. He is still off work so he hasn't gotten to move here yet.

Work is crazy busy. So bizarre but I'm actually miss popular in work. Like people miss me when I am off work and love it when I'm on the same shift as them. I get sent to do relationship building missions with other teams because I'm so well liked. I was nagged in to applying for a promotion by some of the staff because they want me as their supervisor. It's all so strange because I was such an outcast when I was working back home.

I interviewed for the promotion this week but they have a few more to interview before they decide. I'm nervous even though I've been told by a senior manager on another team and my more senior immediate colleagues that I'm a shoe in for the job. Everyone's high expectations of me is actually scary at times because I'm used to people thinking I am useless and worthless. I never had standards to live up to before!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It's good to hear from you daisychain! I'm sorry to hear about your OH - the accident sounds dreadful. But having seethed on your behalf at your old work mates, I am so pleased you are enjoying work now!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm just back home from a night at a comedy club with some colleagues from another team. I love this life where I am actually liked. It makes life a year ago seem so strange and alien. But seriously, my manager is so incredible.... like she is the best ever. I'm so glad I came to work here and I've met her. She is a total scatterbrain but a highly effective one st that. She loves mischief do lsughs at all of my highly inappropriate jokes before anyone else even gets them. She is like my manager soulmate. I'm praying I get this promotion so she will then be my clinical supervisor because all jokes aside she is actually by role model. I just totally wouldn't tell her that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:09 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Guys, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing this morning. It was my manager. She offered me the promotion!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Congratulations, DC!

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 am 
Total Hoover

daisychain wrote:
Guys, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing this morning. It was my manager. She offered me the promotion!

Wonderful! I'm glad things are going so well for you and that you've got the promotion! Our health service is lucky to have you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aw thank you!

My hangover has well and truly kicked in. My head is fit to explode and sleeping it off isn't an option because of the excitement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That's brilliant daisychain, well done!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks! I've celebrated with lots of food because the thought of having alcohol makes me want to run!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I learnt today that aomeone I used to be close to a very long time ago died, several months ago. I hadn't seen them for many years. I can't work out why I am so sad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think it is normal to be sad when you find out something like that Hun. X

I actually started the job yesterday. Already! 8 days post interview. Manager said the normal hiring process doesn't need to be done as I am already working in the service and they know me and my abilities so well. I basically think she put me in post quick enough so I can't change my mind!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:30 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jordanpattern wrote:
I haven't lived there in over 6 months, and people saying "Frisco" or "San Fran Frisco Frisco" still makes me massively cringe.

I'm back to complain two years later ha ha!! I'm at a conference in SF all week and the conference has an app for scheduling, etc. that they very hideously named ACS San Fran17. Makes me cringe every time I open it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Two exciting mysteries from the life of raspberrycomplaint:

1. A few days ago, one of my friends noticed she had multiple missed calls on her cell phone. There was no message, and the number was private, so she decided to call back to see what happened. My dad answered. It was the landline number for my house (our number is unlisted). The mysterious part was that my dad had just walked in the door and no one had been home when she received the calls.

A few hours later, my mother got a call on her cell and when she answered, a person asked, "Are you the homeowner at [our address]?" My mom said, "May I ask who is calling?" and they said, "Oh, uh, wrong number," and hung up. Was this related to the phone calls my friend received? What is going on?

2. Several weeks ago, there was a very stormy, windy night. I was in the house when I heard a huge thump on the roof and then a crash in the backyard. I ran out and found a banged up chimney cap sitting in the yard. I assumed the wind had blown it off the chimney. My mom called a chimney sweep, and he said he would get the cap, fix it up, and put it back on the chimney. So he took it and fixed it and returned with it yesterday. Only to find out that it can't be ours, because our chimney still has a cap on. So where did it come from?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 pm 
Total Hoover

Saw a car today with a numberplate ending in PPK.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am 
BAD PASS

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Two exciting mysteries from the life of raspberrycomplaint:

1. A few days ago, one of my friends noticed she had multiple missed calls on her cell phone. There was no message, and the number was private, so she decided to call back to see what happened. My dad answered. It was the landline number for my house (our number is unlisted). The mysterious part was that my dad had just walked in the door and no one had been home when she received the calls.

A few hours later, my mother got a call on her cell and when she answered, a person asked, "Are you the homeowner at [our address]?" My mom said, "May I ask who is calling?" and they said, "Oh, uh, wrong number," and hung up. Was this related to the phone calls my friend received? What is going on?

2. Several weeks ago, there was a very stormy, windy night. I was in the house when I heard a huge thump on the roof and then a crash in the backyard. I ran out and found a banged up chimney cap sitting in the yard. I assumed the wind had blown it off the chimney. My mom called a chimney sweep, and he said he would get the cap, fix it up, and put it back on the chimney. So he took it and fixed it and returned with it yesterday. Only to find out that it can't be ours, because our chimney still has a cap on. So where did it come from?

I don't mean to alarm you, but it sounds like you are haunted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

couroupita wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
I haven't lived there in over 6 months, and people saying "Frisco" or "San Fran Frisco Frisco Frisco" still makes me massively cringe.

I'm back to complain two years later ha ha!! I'm at a conference in SF all week and the conference has an app for scheduling, etc. that they very hideously named ACS San Fran17. Makes me cringe every time I open it!

My California per peeve is when people say Cali. Ughhhhh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Ugh whenever a neighborhood in Chicago gets really hip, the new people moving in seem to shorten the neighborhood name. "Wicker Park" becomes "wicker." "Logan Square" becomes "Logan." "Humbolt Park" becomes "Humbolt." It irritates me an irrational amount and totally colors my perception of the person saying it. Why are you people too good to say a two-word name?!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:52 am 
BAD PASS

I'm one of the olds who will always call it Wicker Park, dammit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

A bit belated, but congratulations on your promotion, daisychain!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106