| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486 ... 2108  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:30 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2454
daisychain wrote:

Also..... just done a major defrost of the freezer. I got a sink full of ice from it. I'm guessing that will help things. Planning on pulling the whole thing out tomorrow to dust the back of it. Apparently dust on the elements at the back can reduce it's efficiency too.

Also going to try replace the light fitting in the main bathroom. Lightbulbs are burning out super quick in that so I'm going to guess that is an energy sucker too.


If a freezer needs defrosting often, that could be because of leaking seals. It also uses more energy if there is a lot of frost on it.

If a lightbulb burns out quickly that's usually a sign that they are too cheap and bad quality. You could replace them with a better quality and one with less power, or change to the energy efficient type.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Ireland
I haven't defrosted it ever. I'm pure lazy about it. The seals on the freezer seem good. Just the fridge ones that need changing. Although saying that.... if I do manage to get the backpay from work I'm going to change it. I'm in the house 7 years now and the fridge is looking really grubby and it just isn't big enough to meet my needs.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:10 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2606
Location: Between the azaleas and the tomatoes
OKAY SO some friends of mine and I were going to have a Ryan Gosling film marathon at 12.30. I walk to my friend's house, which is about half an hour but it's a nice day so whatever. I've not been there before, but I knew roughly where it was, apart from the fact that the address he gave me does not seem to exist. I phone and phone and phone and eventually phone another friend who got a text from him saying he's going to be late. I wait, I twiddle my thumbs, I eventually get a phone call saying he's in London and won't be back until 3.30, but he'll pick me back on the way. I walk home.

I've just had another text saying my ex, who is not invited to our mutual friend's house, is on the same train back from London.

I'm really hungover. I don't have time for this palaver. I just want to sit in bed and eat doughnuts.

_________________
Moon - "This is the best recipe in the history of recipes forever."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 6308
Location: The State Of No R's
Eating donuts in bed sounds like a pretty good plan! I'm also very strict with my time so that would make me very frustrated. A 2 hour difference and not telling anyone until the last minute? That's really disrespectful.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm 
Offline
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 3516
Location: idontevenknowanymore
http://theconversation.com/whaling-in-t ... -one-14489
a recap of week one of the whaling case at the ICJ

_________________
reap/sow, risk/reward


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 2278
Location: St. Pete, FL
Gulliver wrote:
OKAY SO some friends of mine and I were going to have a Ryan Gosling film marathon at 12.30. I walk to my friend's house, which is about half an hour but it's a nice day so whatever. I've not been there before, but I knew roughly where it was, apart from the fact that the address he gave me does not seem to exist. I phone and phone and phone and eventually phone another friend who got a text from him saying he's going to be late. I wait, I twiddle my thumbs, I eventually get a phone call saying he's in London and won't be back until 3.30, but he'll pick me back on the way. I walk home.

I've just had another text saying my ex, who is not invited to our mutual friend's house, is on the same train back from London.

I'm really hungover. I don't have time for this palaver. I just want to sit in bed and eat doughnuts.


I appreciate the fact that you just used the word "palaver." It is grossly underused. And yes to doughnuts!

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1815
The friends I housesit for have chickens, and their rooster has allergies. A sneezing rooster is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I wish I was still there so I could take and post a video of him, but alas, I'm home.

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3584
Location: Almost Boston
I ran out of food and I'm so hungry-cranky. I have one veggie burger, and some peanut butter, but no bread. I guess I could spread the peanut butter on the veggie burger and eat it with a knife and fork. On second thought, no.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Ireland
Spoon the peanut butter into your mouth. I've often resorted to that.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:51 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3584
Location: Almost Boston
That's just what I did! The veggie burger will be for supper.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Ireland
Good woman yourself! And to support you I just ate straight from the jar too washed down with a glass of milk. So good.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Nashville, TN
zelavie wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
OKAY SO some friends of mine and I were going to have a Ryan Gosling film marathon at 12.30. I walk to my friend's house, which is about half an hour but it's a nice day so whatever. I've not been there before, but I knew roughly where it was, apart from the fact that the address he gave me does not seem to exist. I phone and phone and phone and eventually phone another friend who got a text from him saying he's going to be late. I wait, I twiddle my thumbs, I eventually get a phone call saying he's in London and won't be back until 3.30, but he'll pick me back on the way. I walk home.

I've just had another text saying my ex, who is not invited to our mutual friend's house, is on the same train back from London.

I'm really hungover. I don't have time for this palaver. I just want to sit in bed and eat doughnuts.


I appreciate the fact that you just used the word "palaver." It is grossly underused. And yes to doughnuts!


I didn't even know what that word meant until a couple years ago when I read The Gunslinger. I've heard it like twice since, and felt really smart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4539
Location: Nottingham.
I have a lemon meringue pie in the oven. It's got about 40 minutes to go. I'm excited.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4858
Location: Tenement. Scotland. Europe.
8ball wrote:
I have a lemon meringue pie in the oven. It's got about 40 minutes to go. I'm excited.
I am excited for you too!!

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

"Forsooth! Wanker" - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Nashville, TN
Would anyone be interested in a book swap thread? Like cookbook swap, but for other books, obviously. I use paperback swap, but sometimes there's a long wait for things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4562
ahhh both my jobs are offering me double hours this month and I definitely need the money but I am also panicking about time to pack up my entire life so I can move cross country in 4 weeks.
but money would make everything easier and would make the rush to get new jobs in St. Louis once I get there slightly less.
worth it??

also mad flattered that people want me to work because there are like a billion unemployed recent grads who could do my jobs, and they wouldn't be leaving in a couple weeks so it's nice to know i'm worth the effort.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5996
Location: WV
creep wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a book swap thread? Like cookbook swap, but for other books, obviously. I use paperback swap, but sometimes there's a long wait for things.


YES!

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:01 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 1831
Location: Midlands, UK
Five days before my wedding. I just whacked myself on the head, hard, leaving a small cut and a nice big bruise. I don't think I own good enough concealer skills! So I will look beat up in my wedding photos. Joy.

_________________
new and improved blog!
insta!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Nashville, TN
allularpunk wrote:
creep wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a book swap thread? Like cookbook swap, but for other books, obviously. I use paperback swap, but sometimes there's a long wait for things.


YES!


I did it! And then realized most of the books I'd want to trade are still in my "to-read" pile, so I should probably get on that.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27711


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:12 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:51 am
Posts: 1543
Location: Cambridge England
interrobang?! wrote:
8ball wrote:
I have a lemon meringue pie in the oven. It's got about 40 minutes to go. I'm excited.
I am excited for you too!!



this was yesterday ... any pie left?

looking woefully pie-less here ...

_________________
"happiness is difficult to find within, impossible to find elsewhere"
"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:15 am 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5996
Location: WV
The girl I consider to be my best friend just said something to me that really hurt my feelings. We were walking home from our run, talking about How I Met Your Mother, of all things, because neither of us has ever met a guy that is so into marriage as Ted is and I was saying that the first thing I think about when I start dating them is if we have good sex and good conversation, not marriage. I then told her that speaking of sex, I was feeling pretty horny with T out of town, and she said, 'You talk about sex a lot!' And her tone was kind of...judgmental? Accusatory? At any rate, it was not said in a nice way. I just said, 'Oh...sorry.' And she said that she supposed she just didn't think about talking about sex that much since she's been with the same guy for 8 years and I said that I felt embarrassed, because I did... She goes, 'If I can't tell you to stop talking about sex, then why are we even friends?' in kind of a jokey tone, but I wanted to say that if I couldn't talk about sex, then why are we friends, but instead I just said that I didn't think I talked about it that much and she said that I didn't talk about it all the time. I didn't reply, so she repeated herself, and I said, 'I heard you' in my evenest tone, she just went, 'Well, ok then!' in a sarcastic way.

I've been friends with this girl for almost 5 years and we've always talked about everything. I've never had the kind of sex I'm having now, so yeah I want to talk about it with my best friend. I know she has good sex with her guy, because she's said so, and it's regular as far as I can tell from the few times she does talk about sex, and she enjoys it, so what's the deal? I feel kind of attacked and shamed and it's making me glum.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:18 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Nashville, TN
allularpunk wrote:
The girl I consider to be my best friend just said something to me that really hurt my feelings. We were walking home from our run, talking about How I Met Your Mother, of all things, because neither of us has ever met a guy that is so into marriage as Ted is and I was saying that the first thing I think about when I start dating them is if we have good sex and good conversation, not marriage. I then told her that speaking of sex, I was feeling pretty horny with T out of town, and she said, 'You talk about sex a lot!' And her tone was kind of...judgmental? Accusatory? At any rate, it was not said in a nice way. I just said, 'Oh...sorry.' And she said that she supposed she just didn't think about talking about sex that much since she's been with the same guy for 8 years and I said that I felt embarrassed, because I did... She goes, 'If I can't tell you to stop talking about sex, then why are we even friends?' in kind of a jokey tone, but I wanted to say that if I couldn't talk about sex, then why are we friends, but instead I just said that I didn't think I talked about it that much and she said that I didn't talk about it all the time. I didn't reply, so she repeated herself, and I said, 'I heard you' in my evenest tone, she just went, 'Well, ok then!' in a sarcastic way.

I've been friends with this girl for almost 5 years and we've always talked about everything. I've never had the kind of sex I'm having now, so yeah I want to talk about it with my best friend. I know she has good sex with her guy, because she's said so, and it's regular as far as I can tell from the few times she does talk about sex, and she enjoys it, so what's the deal? I feel kind of attacked and shamed and it's making me glum.


It sounds like you just made her uncomfortable, and then she felt awkward for saying something, and ended up making it a little more awkward by trying to fix it. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edit: I mean, I probably would, because I'm a crazy person, but you probably shouldn't!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5996
Location: WV
Well, I'm a crazy person too, so. I dunno, it just sometimes feels like she's mad at me and I don't know what I've done. Like maybe I just irritate her. I think that us running together 3 times a week is a mistake because she's getting sick of me. We don't hang out other than those runs at all anymore. Whatever, I guess. I just don't have a lot of friends, and she and I even went and entire year without talking to each other once because neither one of us wanted to apologize for something shitty that happened between us, so I'm sensitive to anything that might push yet another friend away since apparently my personality is so impossible to get along with.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:05 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 11607
vixki wrote:
Five days before my wedding. I just whacked myself on the head, hard, leaving a small cut and a nice big bruise. I don't think I own good enough concealer skills! So I will look beat up in my wedding photos. Joy.

Haha, no worries. I am a dramatic bruiser and haul really heavy crepe around at work, so at my wedding I had bruises all over my arms. Oh well! There is no sense in pretending you will look "perfect." I mean, you will, because imperfection is beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 1831
Location: Midlands, UK
vijita wrote:
vixki wrote:
Five days before my wedding. I just whacked myself on the head, hard, leaving a small cut and a nice big bruise. I don't think I own good enough concealer skills! So I will look beat up in my wedding photos. Joy.

Haha, no worries. I am a dramatic bruiser and haul really heavy crepe around at work, so at my wedding I had bruises all over my arms. Oh well! There is no sense in pretending you will look "perfect." I mean, you will, because imperfection is beautiful.


Yeah I'm lucky I get to wear a long dress because I'm always covered in bruises over my legs! I appear to be having a mega-breakout right now which only adds to my appearance :P Ah well! I'm usually bruised and spotty so why make an exception for my wedding? Fiance is worried it'll look like we've been fighting though! :P

_________________
new and improved blog!
insta!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486 ... 2108  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer