| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580, 1581, 1582 ... 2108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:57 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I couldn't think of a #2 either, really. My first one is a platypus because they're cute, but vicious.

ETA: ok, maybe not vicious, but poisonous.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:32 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i chose my cat and my other cat, because i maybe didn't quite understand the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I chose a cat for one and a dog for two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:01 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I choose an elephant cause they are strong herbivores with great memories (yep) and cats because they are aloof and make you work for their love while simultaneously being ridiculous as hell (uh, I'll get back to you on that one).

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I picked a horse because they're strong. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I picked a cat as one, and a beaver as two. Because beavers are funny (to me) and single-minded (in their building of dams)

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I couldn't think of a second and had to just kinda make something up. Does that mean I'm really supposed to be alone?

I went to buy the taco cleanse zine and realised that my US bank card expired almost a year ago! Thank jeebus for Paypal. Now I'm just waiting on those Taco Scientists.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had to go into Boston with my mom today. She called a cab to drive us in, but I convinced her to just take the subway back. She was dubious, because she hasn't taken the subway since way back when they still used metal tokens, and is confused by the new card system. I told her we could just buy a ticket at the station and it's super easy to do and blah blah blah. She kept asking, "Are you SURE?" and I was like, "Mom, I've done this a million times. I am sure! It's so easy!" And then of course the forking ticket wouldn't scan and let us in. We tried for about 10 minutes at every barrier, and nothing. I thought my mom was going to have a meltdown in the station, so when I saw a barrier open for someone, I just shoved her through behind the person. We're probably on security footage somewhere. Now my mom says she's never taking the T again, because it's too difficult and I obviously don't know what I'm doing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I clicked the spoiler before I got to play. Durrrr!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:28 pm 
Dead by dawn

Two good things today: got a job interview set up for next week and biker boy's house has been on the market for all on 3 hours with a showing already and positive feedback from the buyer's agent to boot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I had to go into Boston with my mom today. She called a cab to drive us in, but I convinced her to just take the subway back. She was dubious, because she hasn't taken the subway since way back when they still used metal tokens, and is confused by the new card system. I told her we could just buy a ticket at the station and it's super easy to do and blah blah blah. She kept asking, "Are you SURE?" and I was like, "Mom, I've done this a million times. I am sure! It's so easy!" And then of course the forking ticket wouldn't scan and let us in. We tried for about 10 minutes at every barrier, and nothing. I thought my mom was going to have a meltdown in the station, so when I saw a barrier open for someone, I just shoved her through behind the person. We're probably on security footage somewhere. Now my mom says she's never taking the T again, because it's too difficult and I obviously don't know what I'm doing.

Oh my god, I hate when that happens! (Maybe next time you convince her to give it a try, have a pre loaded charlie card?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting a charlie card. I never got one because I go into Boston so infrequently now, and you have to ask the always cranky MBTA employees to get one. But it's a cheaper fare, so it's probably worth the trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Last night, I made grilled chicken and cheese sandwiches with Beyond Meat and Daiya provolone- both great products! My (vegetarian) boyfriend thought it was amazing. But the first few bites, I did not like. Then I liked it okay...but not more than my grilled tempeh and hummus sandwiches! And even the havarti (the one with peppers), which I love, I only love cause it's kinda spicy!

I think I can officially say I don't like the taste of meat or cheese, since these are the two products that are most similar. It makes me feel so...so vegan? Which is funny, 'cause I love tofurkey and teese on pizza. But they don't taste at all like the 'real' thing. They're their own thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Every time I open my damn door it's someone asking for money. I don't have an income right now so I can't really afford to be throwing money left and right, but I feel put on the spot and guilty. I've now paid for 2 newspaper subscriptions to help kids go to college and given money to some other kid for classroom supplies. It's not like $5, either. Tonight there were two HS kids with the newspaper subscriptions for $25/each. No way I'm dropping $50 in one go, sorry. I'm going to go back to not answering the door. Also, I get irritated because I fricking worked my butt off making minimum wage to pay for college; I didn't go door to door asking strangers for money. It irks me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 pm 
Hip Goiter

I couldn't think of a second animal either I don't know what I want in a partner ahhhh!

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

lillianp wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:

Oh my god, I hate when that happens! (Maybe next time you convince her to give it a try, have a pre loaded charlie card?)

...do I need to add this to the list of things about my trip that I am anxious about?!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

couroupita wrote:
Every time I open my damn door it's someone asking for money. I don't have an income right now so I can't really afford to be throwing money left and right, but I feel put on the spot and guilty. I've now paid for 2 newspaper subscriptions to help kids go to college and given money to some other kid for classroom supplies. It's not like $5, either. Tonight there were two HS kids with the newspaper subscriptions for $25/each. No way I'm dropping $50 in one go, sorry. I'm going to go back to not answering the door. Also, I get irritated because I fricking worked my butt off making minimum wage to pay for college; I didn't go door to door asking strangers for money. It irks me.

You are allowed to say no. You just have to be polite and friendly, but you absolutely don't have to spend your money on anything you don't want to.

Facts are a scam. - FootFace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I think I forgot to take a lunch break at work today. Which, I imagine doesn't seem that crazy to some people but it's pretty crazy for my work because it's crazy super strict about absolutely taking a lunch before your sixth hour of work; if you punch out for it later (or not at all) only three times, it's an automatic termination. Honestly I'm just going to lie and say I took it and forgot to punch... but still. Ack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

choirqueer wrote:
lillianp wrote:

...do I need to add this to the list of things about my trip that I am anxious about?!

No. T agents can help you get a charlie card and all should be well. Charlie cards are occasionally finicky but all trouble I've had with them has been resolved by tapping a second time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:50 am 
Chard Martyr

So tired, not sleeping well! I spent three weeks living at boyfriend's house because we were pet sitting my mom's dog while they were out of town. I came to like living with him, which is good for the future. He has next to zero kitchen items (like 4 big plates, 4 smaller plates, some bowls, one medium size bowl) and I missed things like cookie sheets, rubber scrapers, etc.

I had weird dreams all night and all I remember before I woke up was cookies and mini donuts. They were vegan in my dream and everyone was eating them. I only got a half-eaten mini donut. Maybe it was a cronut.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I had weird dreams last night, too. They were pretty vivid and I'm kind of not sure about some of them, whether they were dreams or stuff that's actually happened that I forgot about. I know the one about me trying to cram my cat into a small purse because I couldn't find her carrier (though there were lots of other carriers around, just not hers) was a dream. But did I photobomb someone? Did T tell me he wants me to move in with him when my lease runs out?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:14 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Taking my girls thrift shopping today. First time in months and months that I will be spending time with both of them.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 am 
Chard Martyr

haha awesome dreams, ap!
have fun, kfad!!

I'm so excited that the heat has calmed down for now and I can start being outside more!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ashley wrote:
Fork people who cancel plans at the very last minute. My time is valuable, at least to me! Sitting around waiting for something that never happens is not my idea of a good time.

This seems to be happening a lot lately. Or people just not showing up. Right now I'm sitting around waiting for a friend who made plans with me to hang out at 5pm today. It's now 5:40 and I haven't heard from her. I called her cell and left a message 30 minutes ago, asking to please call me and let me know whether we're hanging out or not. Nothing. I have things I could be doing right now! Another friend contacted me an hour ago, and I said I couldn't hang out because I had plans. So not cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You know what? fork this sitting by the phone and waiting. I'm going to go drag the Halloween decorations out of the cellar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580, 1581, 1582 ... 2108  Next