| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've really been trying to move away from dog grooming, because it's really hard work and impossible to make good money without owning your own business. Trying to find a job in any other field is crazy difficult, but the moment I get frustrated enough to start sending grooming resumes out, I get calls immediately. Maybe this is just what I'm supposed to be doing. Woe is me.

Grooming interview tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

TLC just contacted us wanting us to help with casting (promoting and all of that) a reality show. ICK

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Going to see a lady about a cat! Super excited/nervous.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

It's 62F outside, but it's rainy and wet, and my apartment is about 76, which is just a little bit too warm for me to comfortably sit and do homework, but I'd feel completely stupid turning on AC when it's cooler outside than I want it to be inside. But I may never get my homework done at this rate. Also, my homework is really hard and it's stressing me out. And it's music homework, so if I turn on the fan, it will be too noisy and that will screw me up. WHINE WHINE WHINE.

Maybe I'll just put the fan on, take a nap, and try again later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm 
Dead by dawn

Sigh and ugh... I have been with an interim triathlon coach since mine had her baby in July. Ever since T took over for B, I have been so much more comfortable with her style of coaching. I love B as a person, but I wasn't getting the kind of feedback I needed and I didn't even realize what I was missing until T started giving it to me. I have wanted to talk to T from the get-go about staying with her permanently, but I figured I could do it in my post-season-set-goals-for-next-year meeting, which we set up for tomorrow. Then over the weekend, B sent out an email saying she'd be back in November and wanted to start meeting with all of her athletes to discuss next season starting this week, which prompted T to email me to see if I wanted to keep our meeting or just meet with B instead. I really wanted to broach the subject of switching permanently in person (it is, after all, a relationship talk, right?) but I was kind of forced to start that conversation via email. It's complicated by the fact that T and B are the best of friends. And now I sit and wait for a response.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 am 
Dead by dawn

One of my coworkers just sent me a message of fb that said "when I saw you this afternoon I thought you were Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2 coming to get me." What does that meeeeeaaaaaannn?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am 
Level 7 Vegan

monkeytoes wrote:
One of my coworkers just sent me a message of fb that said "when I saw you this afternoon I thought you were Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2 coming to get me." What does that meeeeeaaaaaannn?

I think that means you're hella buff? I don't even remember what Linda Hamilton looks/looked like, but I remember Jillian Michaels saying she was inspired by her.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

monkeytoes wrote:

Not sure, but I had an enormous crush on Linda Hamilton when that film came out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Does anyone know if jordanpattern is doing okay? I noticed that she hasn't posted in quite a while.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Jigglypuff wrote:
Does anyone know if jordanpattern is doing okay? I noticed that she hasn't posted in quite a while.

she is! by chance I ran into her last week

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Waking up early forks up my poop schedule.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am 
Dead by dawn

Follow up message said "Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 is one of the most badass women EVERRRR." So I guess it means I am badass. I work with very strange people...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 am 
WRETCHED

I moved into a new office yesterday and everything is fine. Apparently the building doesn't require to have cold AC blowing 24/7 or maybe its seasonal. Anyway, I didn't have to wear a fleece so it was a good sign.

Although it is going to get a bit of time to get used to, apparently people seem to think nothing of having their computer speakers on (and having everyone hear the resulting beeps) or stopping and talking right in front of someone's door for half an hour. The people overall seem nice though even though I don't work with any of them. (Most of the people are all over the country/world)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:34 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was supposed to help a friend out in a big way today. It is a pretty involved history... however, her pattern is to call, ask for help, and then cancel last minute. I am trying not to be super angsty about it because I made backup plans. And yet, here I sit whining to you guys...

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am 
Impressive boner

I went to the gym this afternoon at 2pm and was really surprised at how full it was. The free weights section was heaving. I think there was only two women there besides myself and I don't like getting funny looks and raised eyebrows for being a weightlifting female, so I set up my circuit in the dance studio. Maybe I'll go back to getting up at 5.30am to exercise.

Post subject: "
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:05 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Guess what? I'm an aggressive bisque. I bet you didn't know that.

(i also don't give a shiitake. so shoot me.)

[i am an aggressive bisque because someone was passive-aggressive accusing me of something on FB. i CALLED her and apologized {for something that wasn't my fault} but the person just kept repeating her indirect accusation. I don't do passive aggressive or mindgames, so I said "do you really want to accuse me of XX? because that's how it's coming out." Which garnered a long whine about how aggressive and nasty I am and how "I am always cutting" this person.
Lemme tell you, I have never cut anybody, but if i decided to start, I know EXACTLY who I would whet my blade on, ifyaknowwhatimsayin]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

monkeytoes wrote:
Sigh and ugh... I have been with an interim triathlon coach since mine had her baby in July. Ever since T took over for B, I have been so much more comfortable with her style of coaching. I love B as a person, but I wasn't getting the kind of feedback I needed and I didn't even realize what I was missing until T started giving it to me. I have wanted to talk to T from the get-go about staying with her permanently, but I figured I could do it in my post-season-set-goals-for-next-year meeting, which we set up for tomorrow. Then over the weekend, B sent out an email saying she'd be back in November and wanted to start meeting with all of her athletes to discuss next season starting this week, which prompted T to email me to see if I wanted to keep our meeting or just meet with B instead. I really wanted to broach the subject of switching permanently in person (it is, after all, a relationship talk, right?) but I was kind of forced to start that conversation via email. It's complicated by the fact that T and B are the best of friends. And now I sit and wait for a response.

I would just be honest. I bet they know they have different coaching styles, and if you're upfront, you can say, I just like your coaching style better, but I'd like us all to be friends and be bad asparagus Linda Hamilton types together.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am 
Ninja Master

I think I forked up at work and I'm gonna have to fess up! GAH. Someone asked me if we were working on a project next year and I said yes, but I honestly had no idea no one was meant to know yet. Now I'm not looking forward to telling my boss. It might not matter but if the person I told says something to the wrong person it might.

fork. I hate not being told when there is something I'm not supposed to tell anyone!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am 
Dead by dawn

That's pretty much the gist of what I said, very briefly, in my email. And exactly what it comes down to. B's a good coach and a great person, but I just click with T's style better. Anyhoo, we're keeping our meeting today so that's a good sign.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 am 
Seagull of the PPK

monkeytoes wrote:
That's pretty much the gist of what I said, very briefly, in my email. And exactly what it comes down to. B's a good coach and a great person, but I just click with T's style better. Anyhoo, we're keeping our meeting today so that's a good sign.

i'm glad- i was reading the things upthread, and i think for therapy, teaching, coaching etc it's the client's prerogative and some styles work better for some people, no matter how good you are, and if you're a pro there should be no hard feelings about a client wanting to go with someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 am 
Dead by dawn

torque wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

i'm glad- i was reading the things upthread, and i think for therapy, teaching, coaching etc it's the client's prerogative and some styles work better for some people, no matter how good you are, and if you're a pro there should be no hard feelings about a client wanting to go with someone else.

I hope you're right. A big part of the reason I put it off so long is that I don't want to hurt B's feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

monkeytoes wrote:
Follow up message said "Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 is one of the most badass women EVERRRR." So I guess it means I am badass. I work with very strange people...

Yup that's what it means. Also I am in awe of/in love with you and (presumably) your ability to do 1million pull UPS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am 
Dead by dawn

Olives wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Yup that's what it means. Also I am in awe of/in love with you and (presumably) your ability to do 1million pull UPS.

I haven't tried doing a pull up in years, but if badassness is measured by upper body strength, I am no badass I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 am 
WELFARIST!

If any of you guys know Latin does this phrase "In fine omnes soli sumus" translate roughly to "we are alone" or "at the end, we are all alone", in English, or like that? Doesn't have to be exact, but approximate meaning? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

In the end, we are all alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115 ... 1851  Next