| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

DUDES. international fisting day is October 21st this year!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

joshua wrote:
DUDES. international fisting day is October 21st this year!!

Sweet! Last year it was awesome, just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

gunk wrote:
Why is it that one of my housemates always slams the front door upon entering and leaving the house? And always slams everything, in fact? I just don't understand. It's not because they're angry, I think they're just careless. I'm probably completely oversensitive, but a little bit of me cringes and curls up into a foetal ball crying every time.

Did my old housemate move in with you? Do they also stomp when they walk down the stairs, spill oil on the stove, and pee all over the toilet seat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I updated Firefox the other day and now it's not working. It apparently doesn't allow cookies, and with ubuntu I don't know where to go to activate them (or even check whether they are active - it's obvious that my dad installed Ubuntu, isn't it?).
I never thought I'd say this, but I am grateful for Windows 7 so at least I can use the internet!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I early-voted today, and the lady who checked me in said "You don't even look old enough to vote," but it wasn't really in a nice voice. I can't decide if that's inappropriate or if she thought she was complimenting me but just said it in a strange tone or what. I'm young, but I'm 6 years above the voting age. In fact, this is the second time I'm voting for Obama, soooo? I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here. It was just kind of awkward. Everyone else in line was probably 60+.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

creep wrote:
I early-voted today, and the lady who checked me in said "You don't even look old enough to vote," but it wasn't really in a nice voice. I can't decide if that's inappropriate or if she thought she was complimenting me but just said it in a strange tone or what. I'm young, but I'm 6 years above the voting age. In fact, this is the second time I'm voting for Obama, soooo? I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here. It was just kind of awkward. Everyone else in line was probably 60+.

You should have said in a sweet voice "awwwww thanks! And you look far too old to be trusted to remember why you are here."

I'm a bisque I know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 pm 
Dead by dawn

Dudes. I just basically found an unused Bose sound dock in my office (we used to use it in our old office to play customer-friendly background music but our new office isn't configured in a way that would make this possible.) My friend and I are tucked away in a back corner of our own and now we can fill our private little area with good sound quality music. I used to have to line my ipod in to a craptastic sounding clock radio. We have a rad view, rad tunes and a little sitting area. It almost makes work not suck a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That is awesome, mtoes.

I decided to leave work early and work from home for the rest of the afternoon. I finished my billing letters in 45 minutes when I got home instead of it taking an afternoon because I'm answering phones/dealing with co-worker noise/etc. So nice. This way I got to wear sweats and have a kitty, too. I'm going to finish my list of client calls tomorrow, but at least with my billing all I have to do now is hit print. And now I can job hunt some. But things like this make me not want to leave...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Even though I know better than to shake my kombucha, I still always end up doing it, because I want to get the good bacteria all mixed up in there. And I like it when it's foamy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:30 pm 
WRETCHED

So 5 years of being vegan, many years prior to that experience in reading labels and...

I'm always on the hunt for good frozen burritos for my husband. He has a high metabolism, often works late and needs to have handy snacks that aren't meals but aren't fluff when he is in the office. I got excited the other day when I found a bean and potato burrito at Whole Foods. I flipped over the ingredients scanning for non-vegan items. I didn't see any, it looked like a good find and put it in my cart. It has been sitting in my freezer for a couple days, I almost sent it to work with my husband but didn't yet. Today, I'm in the freezer looking for something else... look at the burrito package again and realize it is BEEF and potato. I don't know how I missed that and I'm glad my husband didn't take it to work. I don't know what he would've thought if he had actually got to the point of trying to eat it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:46 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

daisychain wrote:
creep wrote:

You should have said in a sweet voice "awwwww thanks! And you look far too old to be trusted to remember why you are here."

I'm a bisque I know.

Hey, I know you meant that as a joke...but that's not just bisque-y, that's just a straight-up horrible thing to say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

choirqueer wrote:
daisychain wrote:
creep wrote:

I'm a bisque I know.

Hey, I know you meant that as a joke...but that's not just bisque-y, that's just a straight-up horrible thing to say.

I have to agree with CQ here. Being bisque-y to someone because of their age is rude, it goes both ways.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
So 5 years of being vegan, many years prior to that experience in reading labels and...

I'm always on the hunt for good frozen burritos for my husband. He has a high metabolism, often works late and needs to have handy snacks that aren't meals but aren't fluff when he is in the office. I got excited the other day when I found a bean and potato burrito at Whole Foods. I flipped over the ingredients scanning for non-vegan items. I didn't see any, it looked like a good find and put it in my cart. It has been sitting in my freezer for a couple days, I almost sent it to work with my husband but didn't yet. Today, I'm in the freezer looking for something else... look at the burrito package again and realize it is BEEF and potato. I don't know how I missed that and I'm glad my husband didn't take it to work. I don't know what he would've thought if he had actually got to the point of trying to eat it.

Do you get the black bean and veggie burritos from Trader Joes? Pretty sure they are rebranded Amy's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm 
Hip Goiter

One of my favorite theatre performers, Sherie Rene Scott, has a cabaret show in NYC soon and I was soo excited, thinking I could maybe go to see it. I've since learned that the show is about her conversion from long-time vegetarian to omnivore. In a NYT interview with Mark Bittman, she said the change was precipitated by her doctor telling her that women her age need more iron, so it was 'eat meat or get treated for anemia.' You know, I wish my doctor said it like that to me, then I wouldn't be suffering every morning choking down that poisonous iron pill and instead I could...oh wait, it's not that big of a deal taking iron pills. I hate when something not really that serious is treated like the end of the world. So frustrating. Obviously I would not be able to sit through this show. Former vegs, man. Ugh.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

RandiJM wrote:
One of my favorite theatre performers, Sherie Rene Scott, has a cabaret show in NYC soon and I was soo excited, thinking I could maybe go to see it. I've since learned that the show is about her conversion from long-time vegetarian to omnivore. In a NYT interview with Mark Bittman, she said the change was precipitated by her doctor telling her that women her age need more iron, so it was 'eat meat or get treated for anemia.' You know, I wish my doctor said it like that to me, then I wouldn't be suffering every morning choking down that poisonous iron pill and instead I could...oh wait, it's not that big of a deal taking iron pills. I hate when something not really that serious is treated like the end of the world. So frustrating. Obviously I would not be able to sit through this show. Former vegs, man. Ugh.

i think people who say things like this are just making excuses for doing what they wanted to do anyway (i.e., stop being veg). i'm sure there are cases that are more dire than others, but in general iron isn't that hard to get, and i'd rather keep a piece of wrought iron in my mouth and suck on it like a jawbreaker than go back to eating meat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
Semen Strong

It is really hard to take an iron pill. The iron is grown in horrible conditions, and treated terribly until it is finally taken to slaughter, where they kill it and its really brutal and often botched. Its tragic, but iron is subjected unnecessary cruelty and abuse from the beginning of its short and painful life until its death.

Oh wait, no that is meat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Or iron pills make you quite ill and cause a lot of pain. They can be very difficult to handle for many, many people.

I'm not going to start eating steak (as if it would help anyway), but having to take high dose iron is not a trivial issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

UM. PPK...

You want the best Pandora station ever?

Nu Shooz.

Nu Shooz Pandora station... is blowing my forking mind.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I passed up a much higher paying job (in my field) because I like my coworkers and the job at my current job (not in my field!). That was a hard decision. And maybe a foolish one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

foolish? nah, not if you follow your heart. and it sounds like that's what you did. and you're forking awesome because of it <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bunniee wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

I have to agree with CQ here. Being bisque-y to someone because of their age is rude, it goes both ways.

Oh gosh! I never would actually say that! I really was only joking. I'm the type of person that would just go red if that was said to me and run away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't have any clue what kombucha is

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:49 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Planning vacations is fun and maddening. But I see light at the end of the tunnel. It's easy: I just have to take over the whole organization from my friend, and we are done in 10 minutes. Which makes me wonder: do I really want to spend 4 weeks with him and end up picking up after him like I did in the 3.5 years of our relationship? I am glad we stayed friends and we can plan vacations together, but man, there was a reason why we broke up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

joshua wrote:
foolish? nah, not if you follow your heart. and it sounds like that's what you did. and you're forking awesome because of it <3

Thank you. I sometimes wonder...

Oh man, I am absolutely starving and we have nothing appetizing for breakfast. I know there is a bag of potato chips in my car (emergency provisions) calling my name, but I really need something healthier/more hearty because that minuscule pear I just ate is not even close to sufficient. Normally I'd just do toast, but I'm sorry--that "veganic" bread totally sucks.

efcliz, kombucha is a delicious (or vile, depending on how you feel about fermentation) elixer made from a slimy culture that is fermented with tea and sugar. The sugar is broken down in the fermentation and you get a sparkling beverage with trace amounts of alcohol that is (in my opinion) invigorating. Others will tell you otherwise, so take my pro-kombucha opinion with a grain of salt. I should have sent you one!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

vijita wrote:
I passed up a much higher paying job (in my field) because I like my coworkers and the job at my current job (not in my field!). That was a hard decision. And maybe a foolish one.

Hey I did that too! Like 10 months ago. I felt iffy the whole time, but now I really don't regret it. It's so easy to hate a job and so hard to find one you don't mind going into every day, it'll take a lot more than money to talk me out of my current job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119 ... 1858  Next