Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Space to post things that do not go with any other topic...
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155
Page 1164 of 2108

Author:  zwingtip [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

So you know how I was whining last night? Well now alongside the wrists, elbow, and knee, my back and every single muscle in my upper body is complaining. So let me whine at you some more, PPK ;)

I think it's time to ditch the toe clips and deal with walking around campus in unsexy shoes.

Author:  Emilie [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Veg_Eric wrote:
In the last two or three years I drank something with alcohol in it almost every day in order to kind of cope with my restless feeling at home.

Just over two weeks ago I decided I totally had enough of it and didn't use alcohol since then.

I sleep better, feel more inner peace and troubles at work have less influence on me.

I feel good and am proud that I finally totally quit the alcohol.



You ROCK! I totally admire you!!!!
AND this is inspiring!

Author:  kilgore trout [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Moon wrote:
I bought turnips for the first time ever to try a new recipe. Now for the life of me I don't know where I saw the recipe, what it was for... anything about it, except that it has turnip.

Now I am thinking it was actually parsnips that I should have bought. Still doesn't help me figure out what the heck I was trying to make. And now I have no clue what to do with two turnips.

Mash them with potatoes!

Author:  lillianp [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

zwingtip wrote:
So you know how I was whining last night? Well now alongside the wrists, elbow, and knee, my back and every single muscle in my upper body is complaining. So let me whine at you some more, PPK ;)

I think it's time to ditch the toe clips and deal with walking around campus in unsexy shoes.


Do you mean toe clips as in bike shoes? I loooove my bike shoes, but they're city/mountain bike type clip shoes so the clip part isn't portruding. I *can* walk around in them but it's much easier to just carry an extra pair of shoes if I know I'll be somewhere a while. Work has a pair danskos that I switch in to.

Author:  Tofulish [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Emilie wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
In the last two or three years I drank something with alcohol in it almost every day in order to kind of cope with my restless feeling at home.

Just over two weeks ago I decided I totally had enough of it and didn't use alcohol since then.

I sleep better, feel more inner peace and troubles at work have less influence on me.

I feel good and am proud that I finally totally quit the alcohol.



You ROCK! I totally admire you!!!!
AND this is inspiring!


Yes! You're so awesome Veg-Eric and we all adore you completely. So proud of you <3

Author:  zwingtip [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

lillianp wrote:
zwingtip wrote:
So you know how I was whining last night? Well now alongside the wrists, elbow, and knee, my back and every single muscle in my upper body is complaining. So let me whine at you some more, PPK ;)

I think it's time to ditch the toe clips and deal with walking around campus in unsexy shoes.


Do you mean toe clips as in bike shoes? I loooove my bike shoes, but they're city/mountain bike type clip shoes so the clip part isn't portruding. I *can* walk around in them but it's much easier to just carry an extra pair of shoes if I know I'll be somewhere a while. Work has a pair danskos that I switch in to.


Image
My current pedals have these type clips. My bike back in Boston is clipless with recessed bike shoes that I really don't mind walking in, but they are sooo ugly. I go back and forth from campus for a couple hours at a time so it's not really worth carrying shoes. Maybe a compromise with combination platform/clipless pedals?

Author:  raspberrycomplaint [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

My dog is farting in her sleep and it smells SO bad! I had to light a candle, but the only ones I have right now are christmas scents. So now my room smells like farting christmas trees.

Author:  Mars [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

PPK, THIS JUST IN:

Boys are super cute and make me super excited!

THIS ENDS THE BREAKING NEWS FLASH.

Author:  Splendid [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Moon wrote:
I bought turnips for the first time ever to try a new recipe. Now for the life of me I don't know where I saw the recipe, what it was for... anything about it, except that it has turnip.

Now I am thinking it was actually parsnips that I should have bought. Still doesn't help me figure out what the heck I was trying to make. And now I have no clue what to do with two turnips.


Bake them and make turnip fries! Put them in soup! Glaze them!: http://www.israelikitchen.com/vegetable ... ps-recipe/

I luv turnips

Author:  ndpittman [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
My dog is farting in her sleep and it smells SO bad! I had to light a candle, but the only ones I have right now are christmas scents. So now my room smells like farting christmas trees.


That's the worst!

Author:  kfad [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Grrr... dear people who don't really talk to me... don't ask my advice if you have already made up your mind.

Now if I could just find a slightly less bisque-y way to say that to the person making me crazy.

Author:  Louzilla [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Cue end-of-semester craziness and loss of mind these past few days.

I'm currently working on a newsletter for my desktop publishing class. I have a mug of coffee, and a bottle of port wine on my desk. I just almost accidentally grabbed the wine instead of the coffee. That would've made for an interesting final product...

Author:  choirqueer [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Mars wrote:
PPK, THIS JUST IN:

Boys are super cute and make me super excited!

THIS ENDS THE BREAKING NEWS FLASH.


Wait! STOP THE PRESSES!! Are you telling us you are GAY?!?! :D

Author:  Mars [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Not to get all 'real' on you guys here, but FRAK! I feel like the beauty of men inspires me so much. I need to make art, like, ASAP, and channel this...

Author:  lillianp [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

zwingtip wrote:
lillianp wrote:

Do you mean toe clips as in bike shoes? I loooove my bike shoes, but they're city/mountain bike type clip shoes so the clip part isn't portruding. I *can* walk around in them but it's much easier to just carry an extra pair of shoes if I know I'll be somewhere a while. Work has a pair danskos that I switch in to.


Image
My current pedals have these type clips. My bike back in Boston is clipless with recessed bike shoes that I really don't mind walking in, but they are sooo ugly. I go back and forth from campus for a couple hours at a time so it's not really worth carrying shoes. Maybe a compromise with combination platform/clipless pedals?


Ahhh, I like my shoes, I think they're cute when they're not covered in road salt (yum). I actually have the combo but have so far used the platform side about three times in three months. heh.

Author:  lavawitch [ Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

I am having pizza and Dr. Pepper with Molly. I'm a bad bird mom. Anyway, why do birds like junk food so much?! She keeps licking my Dr. Pepper coated ice cubes. She also likes gooey strings of Daiya.

I put some apple slices on the plate to distract her, but she isn't interested.

Author:  8ball [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Watching Suckerpunch at 9am and shouting at the TV, 'Shoot him! Shoot him!'. It's going to be an interesting day.

Author:  Anek [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Yesterday I bought 2 pairs of jeans! 2! I am amazed at myself. But I'm wearing one pair today and let me say this, I look totally hot. Yes, shameful self-compliments.

Author:  vijita [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Wow. Working for a small growing company is stressful. I still love my job, but wow.

Author:  Meggs [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Hugs, Vijita!

Author:  choirqueer [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Mars wrote:
Not to get all 'real' on you guys here, but FRAK! I feel like the beauty of men inspires me so much. I need to make art, like, ASAP, and channel this...


Yes please. Then show us! (or at least show me :D)

Author:  paprikapapaya [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Veg_Eric, that is amazing. Love you very much.

This time of year is so filled with antsy feelings because I just LOVE giving gifts to my husband. I already have everything and I struggle all December every year with being so excited to give him his gifts, haha. I spend a lot of time getting him just the perfect things, usually ordered online from small indie shops, and it makes me SO happy to see him smile when he opens them. Also, it's his birthday on the 13th (his 31st!) and I got him some nice stuff for that, too. He never buys anything himself, so it's a great opportunity to make sure my boo has all the stuff he needs/wants.

Author:  Wallace22 [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Can someone else please be the reliable worker bee for once?

Author:  paprikapapaya [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Mars wrote:
Not to get all 'real' on you guys here, but FRAK! I feel like the beauty of men inspires me so much. I need to make art, like, ASAP, and channel this...


I know. Case in point, my husband: http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystalcar ... 0993829656
I have such a frigging boner for him.

Author:  Mars [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Ooh, good example! Feel free to add more. ;)

Page 1164 of 2108 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/