Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Space to post things that do not go with any other topic...
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155
Page 1198 of 2108

Author:  ndpittman [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Mars wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
ETA: wait, where did John Hurt come from? Is this a lifetime movie? All I want for Christmas is John Hurt in a velveteen thong (tm)?

Ollivander!

Also

Yes.


Ha! I was getting John Hurt confused with William Hurt.

Author:  Freetahtah [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

My cat is bathing the cushion to the papasan chair we have again. It's brown and fuzzy and she's always licking it, so we call it The Big Dirty Cat.

Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Who's emmet otter?

Author:  ndpittman [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Emmett Otter 2: Electric Bugaloo?

Author:  Vantine [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

ndpittman wrote:
Emmett Otter 2: Electric Bugaloo?

Panders doesn't cotton to anyone disrespecting Emmett Otter.


Author:  ndpittman [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

interrobang?! wrote:
Who's emmet otter?


He put a hole in the washtub, just sayin'.

Author:  j-dub [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

monkeytoes wrote:
Vantine wrote:
Monkey! Tell JDub how great Electric Company was.

Um, jdub, Electric Company was undoubtedly very great. I know I watched it, along with Sesame Street and Captain Kangaroo and Mr Rogers. But truthfully, I don't really remember much about it. I think it had Morgan Freeman in it.

I never said it wasn't good! Just that I never saw it as it's before my time (I think), American, and I grew up without TV. That being said, I've got my own version in the works for Vantine.

Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

BOOM!


On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
An Isa in a cat tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three Panda bears,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven shaggers flirting,
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve tartex spreading,
Eleven shaggers flirting,
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree!

Author:  acr [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

*slow clap*

Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Well that just ain't nice

Author:  Vantine [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

interrobang?! wrote:
BOOM!


On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
An Isa in a cat tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three Panda bears,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven shaggers flirting,
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve tartex spreading,
Eleven shaggers flirting,
Ten Hobs a nobbing,
Nine kapops sending,
Eight speculooloses,
Seven lifts a-sevaaaaaaaan,
Six Brians modding,
Five gob shiiiiiiiites,
Four librarians,
Three pandas,
Two snarking trolls,
And an Isa in a cat tree!

forking brilliant.

Author:  Vantine [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

ndpittman wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Who's emmet otter?


He put a hole in the washtub, just sayin'.


Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

should've put mumbles in there somewhere. I'm sorry, it's 3.30am and i've lost all feeling in my eyes.

Author:  Vantine [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

j-dub wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Vantine wrote:
Monkey! Tell JDub how great Electric Company was.

Um, jdub, Electric Company was undoubtedly very great. I know I watched it, along with Sesame Street and Captain Kangaroo and Mr Rogers. But truthfully, I don't really remember much about it. I think it had Morgan Freeman in it.

I never said it wasn't good! Just that I never saw it as it's before my time (I think), American, and I grew up without TV. That being said, I've got my own version in the works for Vantine.


Author:  Vantine [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

interrobang?! wrote:
should've put mumbles in there somewhere. I'm sorry, it's 3.30am and i've lost all feeling in my eyes.

Twelve mumbles spreading just sounds...wrong.

Author:  acr [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

interrobang?! wrote:
Well that just ain't nice

it is nice! my slow claps are not ironic.

Author:  seitanicverses [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

seitanicverses wrote:
vijita wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
^Ohh...maybe that's my solution. To remove it from the foil before freezing and storing.

How did it work? I hate using tinfoil to steam sausages too, but mostly because I never remember to buy it.

I'm doin' it! I have a five spice seitan tamale steaming with my tinfoil packets. I'll keep everyone posted on my little experiment!

So far, I've laid the seitan out in a corn husk and sort of shaped the husk like a canoe around it, then I placed another husk overtop so it was completely covered and then I tied a husk at either end and hopefully it'll stay in there. It's definitely loosely wrapped and there's plenty of room to expand.

It came out beautifully! The seitan that was steamed in the corn husks is perfect: firm, sliceable and delicious. No leaking or bursting. Success!

Author:  lavawitch [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

What are you going to do with the seitan? I'm also not overly wild about seitan.

Author:  seitanicverses [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

I don't like seitan much either, LV, but it's going in the seitan noodle vermicelli salad from Vegan Eats World.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

j-dub wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Vantine wrote:
Monkey! Tell JDub how great Electric Company was.

Um, jdub, Electric Company was undoubtedly very great. I know I watched it, along with Sesame Street and Captain Kangaroo and Mr Rogers. But truthfully, I don't really remember much about it. I think it had Morgan Freeman in it.

I never said it wasn't good! Just that I never saw it as it's before my time (I think), American, and I grew up without TV. That being said, I've got my own version in the works for Vantine.

OMG... that's why I don't remember much about it... being a Canadiamerican is confusing. Maybe I only watched it at my Nana's (in the States?) I dunno. Maybe I watched repeats after I moved here? The interwebs say it was only on until 1977 and I didn't move to the States until 1978. Most of what I remember is HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYSSS!

Author:  ndpittman [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Is it like in the movies when the first perso starts the clap slowly the we all join in until it gets louder and faster and it's a standing ovation! Three cheers for Interrobang!?

Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

acr wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Well that just ain't nice

it is nice! my slow claps are not ironic.

Hmmm. Scotland is sceptical of yer slow claps. As a country we are suspicious of "y'all". Yup, that includes you, too. And you. And especially you. Yeah, you know I'm talkin' about you. Don't you avert your eyes now. LOOK AT ME!!!! I'll pure haggis you in a hot damn second! And you know that ain't church-approved.

Author:  Mars [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Awh sheet! Interro's on to us, y'all!

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

Vantine wrote:

Rotary phone!

Author:  acr [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic

ndpittman wrote:
Is it like in the movies when the first perso starts the clap slowly the we all join in until it gets louder and faster and it's a standing ovation! Three cheers for Interrobang!?

yes! it is just like that! or it would be, if anyone else were clapping. instead, i've been carrying on with my solo slow clapping for twenty minutes, waiting for somebody to join in, while interrobang?!'s resentful, suspicious glower grows darker and darker.

Page 1198 of 2108 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/