| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1768  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: St. Louis
linanil wrote:
crepe... say you are allergic to hay? (I don't know why, but I imagine circuses have a lot of hay)


ooo I will try that.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am 
WELFARIST!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5041
Location: Gallifrey
booberthefraggle wrote:
linanil wrote:
crepe... say you are allergic to hay? (I don't know why, but I imagine circuses have a lot of hay)


ooo I will try that.

Say you're allergic to elephants.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 am 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6645
Location: bindlestiff
poopiebitch wrote:
I feel like I'm sucking at this holiday for the people I love because I just don't have the time or energy :(

That's been me at the holidays for the past 4 years. I just don't have time to do much but run the business. Be proud of the hard work you are putting in. You are making money to feed and clothe and house the people you love and that's better than any dang $10 ceramic dog martini shaker from Brookstone any day.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: Meh-phis
pandacookie wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
I feel like I'm sucking at this holiday for the people I love because I just don't have the time or energy :(

That's been me at the holidays for the past 4 years. I just don't have time to do much but run the business. Be proud of the hard work you are putting in. You are making money to feed and clothe and house the people you love and that's better than any dang $10 ceramic dog martini shaker from Brookstone any day.

Just when I think I can't love you any more <3

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6645
Location: bindlestiff
poopiebitch wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
I feel like I'm sucking at this holiday for the people I love because I just don't have the time or energy :(

That's been me at the holidays for the past 4 years. I just don't have time to do much but run the business. Be proud of the hard work you are putting in. You are making money to feed and clothe and house the people you love and that's better than any dang $10 ceramic dog martini shaker from Brookstone any day.

Just when I think I can't love you any more <3

It's tough because most people don't understand. But getting my orders out and done well is the most important thing I am doing right now and parties or gifts or relaxing are just not top priority. But by gum, a customer will have their cat ornaments hanging on their tree this year and every year to enjoy.

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 am 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: Meh-phis
pandacookie wrote:
It's tough because most people don't understand. But getting my orders out and done well is the most important thing I am doing right now and parties or gifts or relaxing are just not top priority. But by gum, a customer will have their cat ornaments hanging on their tree this year and every year to enjoy.

And that is why you are amazing. I am so glad to know you, because honestly thinking of you burning the midnight oil at the same time as me has kept me sane and motivated at times this season. You are a major inspiration for me, and if you can run your business and create wonderful things and be awesome all at once, then maybe I can too. Onward and upward! Women on the move! Panda and Poopie, Future Rulers of the Known Universe.

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 am 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6645
Location: bindlestiff
Solidarity! Yes we can!

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:43 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9385
Location: Vancouver Island
ijustdiedinside wrote:
I got an interview, guys! Now I gotta practice my strengths and weaknesses!

Yaaaaaaay! I am so happy for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6423
Location: Norristown, PA
pandacookie wrote:
Solidarity! Yes we can!


*pokes head out from under a pile of yarn* Heck yeah! Go us!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9385
Location: Vancouver Island
I don't know why but I have become such a nervous driver. Well, I mostly know why--my friend and coworker was in an awful weather-related head-on collision that killed three people, and I've always seen the weather as something kind of terrifying. When it snows here, it freaks me out, because the greater Victoria area is really unprepared and it is this slick wet snow that is nothing like the sticky snow with traction that I learned to drive on when I lived on the prairies. I keep checking the forecast obsessively and planning accordingly...I have ballet tonight when it is supposed to snow again and I'm driving myself and the same coworker who was in the accident, and it's a pretty long drive. I want to just say fork it and not go, but at the same time I LOVE my ballet class and I should maybe probably conquer my fear?

I do feel like I'm a good and cautious driver, but so was the driver in my friend's accident, and he couldn't do anything on a narrow highway (on a cliff!) when the northbound car lost control due to bald tires and smashed right into them. A lot of the highways here are just ridiculous for such unpredictable winter conditions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:43 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
I hear you, vijita. The car I drive is quite good in the snow but I still get really nervous driving in bad weather.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 5881
I love you both, panda and poopie. You're both very inspirational to me.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
So I cannot finish. My math final because the teacher who was supposed to administer it to me made herself scarce today. Yesterday I tried to explain my appointment that was a two hour forking drive and two hours at the actual appointment and then two hours back but shejuat acted like I was making shiitake up. Now I'm going to fail her class and not be able to take the next course. And it's hopeless to appeal at this point because she's clearly made her mind up about me Ans also has disappeared entirely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
On the bright side it's the last day of the semester!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
GymClassZero wrote:
So I cannot finish. My math final because the teacher who was supposed to administer it to me made herself scarce today. Yesterday I tried to explain my appointment that was a two hour forking drive and two hours at the actual appointment and then two hours back but shejuat acted like I was making shiitake up. Now I'm going to fail her class and not be able to take the next course. And it's hopeless to appeal at this point because she's clearly made her mind up about me Ans also has disappeared entirely.

this is ridiculous. you can easily verify that you had the appointment and that you had to travel quite a distance to get there. if you explained the situation beforehand and were told that you could take the exam later, you shouldn't fail now because your teacher decided she had something better to do. don't say it's hopeless. take it to the next person up the ladder.

eta: i don't mean that what you said is ridiculous; i mean the idea of your teacher failing you for these reasons is ridiculous.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Chicago
What do you do when you're supposed to call someone for a phone interview and the person doesn't answer? I assume they just got busy but I don't want to mess this up.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5315
Location: BRLA
Call back in like 5 minutes?

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Chicago
I called on time and then called back a few minutes later and left a message. I don't want to be like super pushy, ya know?

I'm starting to think this person is just like ridonculously busy...


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 6766
Location: Portland, OR
My dog just came up and sat on my head in our bed. She has soooo many other pillows to choose from!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Impressive boner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3859
Location: Nottingham.
I have so forking had it with people's reactions to the recent paedophilia allegations and I have so forking forking had it with rape jokes. fork!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:22 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5719
acr wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:
So I cannot finish. My math final because the teacher who was supposed to administer it to me made herself scarce today. Yesterday I tried to explain my appointment that was a two hour forking drive and two hours at the actual appointment and then two hours back but shejuat acted like I was making shiitake up. Now I'm going to fail her class and not be able to take the next course. And it's hopeless to appeal at this point because she's clearly made her mind up about me Ans also has disappeared entirely.

this is ridiculous. you can easily verify that you had the appointment and that you had to travel quite a distance to get there. if you explained the situation beforehand and were told that you could take the exam later, you shouldn't fail now because your teacher decided she had something better to do. don't say it's hopeless. take it to the next person up the ladder.

eta: i don't mean that what you said is ridiculous; i mean the idea of your teacher failing you for these reasons is ridiculous.

Yeah, don't just accept this! Raise hell until they let you take the test. You did nothing wrong, they can't possibly fail you for someone else not showing up when you drove two hours to be there! Go over her head. Talk to her boss or the head of the department or the dean or whoever it takes! Like arc said, this situation is ridiculous and totally unfair to you.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3720
Location: Edinburgh
paprikapapaya wrote:

I couldn't stop staring at his junk. It also illustrates how silly those nonsense words/sounds sound without the music.

I can't remember if I mentioned on here how utterly shiitake my office party Xmas dinner was. I got an email from the place where we ate (I was the contact) to fill out their feedback survey. I almost never fill those things out (beyond ticking the radio buttons, and usually being very polite and rating things higher than they were maybe worth). This time, I was completely honest about everything and even wrote a (lengthy) comment about how bad the food was for me and the gf person. I don't think it's gonna do anything for me (other than make me feel better), but hopefully they'll take what I said on board so that the next vegan who inevitably ends up there can have a decent meal.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:28 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
I just dug through the recycle for a paper I wrote and took a picture of the grade because the professor forgot to enter it in his grade book. Luckily I only recycled all my school stuff yesterday, so it was easy to find. I'm really glad I eventually turned into one of those students who holds onto everything until the semester is over because hoo boy would I have been screwed.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 4936
I've been cookin' all mornin' (and afternoon, I guess) for my work potluck tomorrow. I've made the jasmine rice for the stirfry, the savory tofu for the stirfry and two different types of cookies: chocolate mint melties and chocolate chip. Now I have to work all evening. I'll throw the stirfry together tomorrow morning shortly before I go so it's fresh as possible. So far, so good.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:22 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm
Posts: 402
Location: London, UK
I feel like I've been a creepy PPK lurker forever! But I'm finally on my holidays and have time now to procrastinate and PPK properly (when I should be writing a paper titled "What is English?" - seriously) so hi again.

Seitanicverses - your coworkers will be a lucky bunch - that all sounds delicious!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1768  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer