| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1229, 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235 ... 1891  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 pm 
WELFARIST!

I am so sick of being shouted at by my ex. And also just generally hearing him shout, even when it's not directed at me.

I swear, if I never hear anyone yell (particularly at me, but also just in general) again for the rest of my life, I could die a happy woman.

2 more days. Then moving day. Then I'm free of this.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am 
Chard Martyr

I saw a sticker on the back of a sports car today that said "Panda-monium" and thought of Panda and the PPK. I was not able to take a picture, though, because it was too dark.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 am 
Nailed to the V

allularpunk wrote:

I swear, if I never hear anyone yell (particularly at me, but also just in general) again for the rest of my life, I could die a happy woman.

same! beeing yelled at is horrible! (especially in your house)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I just had another amazing night with Magic Crush, although to do so it meant staying up really late and ignoring the fact I have a wound in a spot hard to avoid hurting in certain activities, and then I came home at 3:20 only to get a text from my BFF saying she needs me and then she calls and convinces me to go next door where she is (I went only because I was worried about her). I go to try and convince her to come home (she's in a bad mental health place for sure, but doing that hardcore pretending she's dandy and having a better time than anyone thing) and I end up alone with her boyfriend instead and have to talk him through his shiitake mental health place instead. She's really quite terrible at the committed monogamous thing, and i know this about her, but she always gets in them because no part of her would be okay with the other person being anything but. Anyhow... So it's past 4:30 now, I have a sore forking tailbone, a sore throat, and I'm relationship counselor too... Ugh I'm going to need a self care day

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

missdelaney wrote:
I get locking her out at night so she doesn't cuddle

Does. Not. Compute.

Is your roommate a monster?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

pandacookie wrote:
Fee wrote:
Okay so something happened on NYE that's been bothering me. I didn't drink and I didn't make a big deal about it or anything, I never said a word about it, in fact. But after maybe my third or fourth refusal of the champagne one of my friends says something like "No offense, Fee, but you're not as much any more" There were probably three other people in the room and no one stuck up for me. No one said "that's not true" or anything like that. I kind of told the person that said that later on that hey, maybe I was more "fun" or whatever when we used to get wasted together - although I think that's probably just how you're remembering it - but I was more unhappy than you even know. And I left it at that because she was really drunk and I didn't want to waste my personal feelings on some drunk person who wasn't internalizing anything I was saying.

But now it's really bothering me that no one said anything. How can I hang out with people that wouldn't stick up for me? I was told later that after I left they told her she had been bullying me into drinking, but that doesn't make it better really.

fork that. I think that sucks. That's one of those times where people should make themselves uncomfortable if it is something that is important to you. I'd talk to everyone involved when they are sober and just be real blunt about why it upset you.

Yeah, that's my feeling because ...well..it's what I would do for them? It wasn't a fight, it was her saying that and me unsuspecting it so I kind of just sat there and had my feelings hurt. It wasn't until later - and more of her persisting - did I actually speak up for myself, but there's not much I can say to "you're no fun"...like "yes I am!"? The real answer is "well I've never been fun, you just thought I was fun because I was drinking like you and that's what's fun in your book"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:24 am 
Nailed to the V

(just microwaved a mixture quince paste + soy milk in a glas. er... well, you should try)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:01 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Just burnt the tip of my left big toe. I was getting ready to take a shower and the little space heater I keep in the cold bathroom was in the way so I nudged it a little with my toe. OWIE!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Peri wrote:
Just burnt the tip of my left big toe. I was getting ready to take a shower and the little space heater I keep in the cold bathroom was in the way so I nudged it a little with my toe. OWIE!!

Be careful with electric equipment in the bathroom. Not everything is fit to be operated in a wet or humid room. Electrocution can be lethal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Fee wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
Fee wrote:
Okay so something happened on NYE that's been bothering me. I didn't drink and I didn't make a big deal about it or anything, I never said a word about it, in fact. But after maybe my third or fourth refusal of the champagne one of my friends says something like "No offense, Fee, but you're not as much any more" There were probably three other people in the room and no one stuck up for me. No one said "that's not true" or anything like that. I kind of told the person that said that later on that hey, maybe I was more "fun" or whatever when we used to get wasted together - although I think that's probably just how you're remembering it - but I was more unhappy than you even know. And I left it at that because she was really drunk and I didn't want to waste my personal feelings on some drunk person who wasn't internalizing anything I was saying.

But now it's really bothering me that no one said anything. How can I hang out with people that wouldn't stick up for me? I was told later that after I left they told her she had been bullying me into drinking, but that doesn't make it better really.

fork that. I think that sucks. That's one of those times where people should make themselves uncomfortable if it is something that is important to you. I'd talk to everyone involved when they are sober and just be real blunt about why it upset you.

Yeah, that's my feeling because ...well..it's what I would do for them? It wasn't a fight, it was her saying that and me unsuspecting it so I kind of just sat there and had my feelings hurt. It wasn't until later - and more of her persisting - did I actually speak up for myself, but there's not much I can say to "you're no fun"...like "yes I am!"? The real answer is "well I've never been fun, you just thought I was fun because I was drinking like you and that's what's fun in your book"

Hey Fee, I'm really sorry you had this experience. As someone who has never been a drinker, I've had quite a few experiences where people try to convince me to drink or whatever. I'm sorry your friends didn't stand up for you. It's a good reminder to me about the value in standing up for my friends who are trying to change their habits, or make new decisions. Hugs to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:59 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fee wrote:

Sorry your feelings were hurt, Fee. Accidentally, and twenty years ago it came out that a certain friend of mine found me boring because, you know, I can only tolerate a few drinks before I wimp out and never stayed up till 5 ayem drinking with the rest of them and whatnot when I was a young'un and you know, I was never a "real partier" and I suppose that was my fault for hanging out with partying type friends. Anyway, when visiting me recently (our friendship recovered but, you know, the "he-thinks-I'm-boring" realization always kind of stung, even after all these years) he mentioned how he was sitting with a bunch of drunk people recently and how boring it was. Dude, I KNOW. They repeat the same inane stories over and over and over and over and overreact to everything and everything's exhilirating or devastating and none of all this over-the-top inebriated emotion will even register for them tomorrow and I'm like the sober repository for all your histrionics, over-imbibers.

I love my friends dearly but if I could go back in time, one thing I would re-do was to hang out with more people who actually shared my interests when I was young, because they're out there and I just didn't know how to find them back then and the people I hung out with tended to make me feel abnormal when really, the only problem was that we simply didn't share the same interests. It's the price I paid for trying to be "cool". And not to say that this is your situation precisely here but just upon reflection with the passage of years: find more friends that share my interests is maybe the only thing about my past I would change.

I'm sorry you're hurt. I know for me, that one stung because I was always self-conscious about my company socially because I'm really such an "internal world" person and the things that maybe kind of make me interesting I've always kept to myself for fear of boring people, ironically.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My friends are starting to realise that there isn't a hope in hell I am going to go out to nightclubs and get sloshed with them. I much prefer being out in the woods getting plastered in mud with my dog.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thirteen years is a good run for a pair of sweatpants, right? The seams are starting to get holey, but I feel like I should keep them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:01 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

A family member and her caretaker are staying at our house after being released from an ICU stay, so the extended family is gathering here for meals. Last night we got a dozen eggrolls, and they came with 2 cups of sweet and sour sauce. 2 cups! I thought of you, PPK.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:12 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I hate the mall so, so much. I found myself at one today to buy a headband to hold my bangs up during yoga. It makes me feel grumpy and misanthrophic to be in one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 pm 
Dead by dawn

paprikapapaya wrote:
I hate the mall so, so much. I found myself at one today to buy a headband to hold my bangs up during yoga. It makes me feel grumpy and misanthrophic to be in one.

I haven't had my hair cut since August because my stylist is at the mall (not even in the mall, separate entrance!) and even being in the parking lot of a mall makes me feel grumpy and misanthropic. I was running last week with a teammate and she mentioned how she really wants to make a vacation out of visiting the Mall of America. I mean, I know it's not like, just a mall, but the thought of spending my precious vacation time doing that...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Accidentally knocked over a bottle of eucalyptus oil in my room. Now it's all eucalyptus-y in here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:17 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm furious. I was cooking dinner and asked Trevor to handle sauteeing the kale. I took a sit down on the couch, as my parts of dinner had a ways to go until they were done. I thought he was in the kitchen washing the kale, and that he was going to wait to cook it until the things in the oven were closer to done. He comes in to sit on the couch, we start having a conversation. I start smelling smoke and the fire alarm goes off. I run to the kitchen to discover he had put a cast iron skillet with a few tbsps of oil on HIGH and then went and sat on the couch and forgot about it. The oil was smoking and honestly, it wouldn't have taken much for it to ignite. He's infamously forgetful and starts apologizing and talking about how he's really trying to remember stuff better. I'm sorry, but what good would your good intentions be if the apartment burned down, the cats were dead and all of our things were gone? That is, IF we made it out alive at all? fdijjfodijfdiofjdslkfjdslkfjdsl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

seitanicverses wrote:

I'm sorry you're hurt. I know for me, that one stung because I was always self-conscious about my company socially because I'm really such an "internal world" person and the things that maybe kind of make me interesting I've always kept to myself for fear of boring people, ironically.

Yeah I know that the big problem was that she hit to the core without realizing it because you know, of course I think I'm boring and I'm always just hoping other people go away so they don't realize it. Maybe if I make a list of all the devastating things I never want people to point out and just hand it out to everyone I can avoid some pain. So once my boringness, sweaty brow, daddy issues, inability to speak foreign languages and red face are off the table no one will ever be able to get me worked up!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

vijita wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
I get locking her out at night so she doesn't cuddle

Does. Not. Compute.

Is your roommate a monster?

Not my roommate! He really likes my cat. It's his houseguests. She's allergic. But that isn't my problem, as mean as that sounds. My cat lives here and needs her food.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Fee wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

Yeah I know that the big problem was that she hit to the core without realizing it because you know, of course I think I'm boring and I'm always just hoping other people go away so they don't realize it. Maybe if I make a list of all the devastating things I never want people to point out and just hand it out to everyone I can avoid some pain. So once my boringness, sweaty brow, daddy issues, inability to speak foreign languages and red face are off the table no one will ever be able to get me worked up!

Pshaw. Neither of you are the least bit boring.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm 
Semen Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:

We were at the mall for a nurse-in to protest that Hollister harasses breastfeeding moms. And I felt the same way. Why would anyone go there? We had a great and uneventful protest, but protesters in Delaware were harassed by the mall and threatened with arrest for public exposure. It was sucky. For more: http://www.facebook.com/events/19100459 ... l_activity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 pm 
WRETCHED

My husband is having split personalities. When we were visiting my family last week, he said he wanted to move to California. Now, he wants to know why I want to move. I mean he knows why but I'm not going to press the issue if he isn't 100% on board. Maybe next week he'll tell me he wants to move.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

pandacookie wrote:
Fee wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

Pshaw. Neither of you are the least bit boring.

+1. Times a million.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:07 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

paprikapapaya wrote:
The oil was smoking and honestly, it wouldn't have taken much for it to ignite.

I once put out a kitchen fire in my mum's kitchen.

If there is a pot on fire, just tun off the heat and toss a towel over it.
Towels that are part synthetic can melt and smoke, that's why I have a fire blanket hanging in the kitchen.

If you don't have one it could be good to look into getting one.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30240008/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1229, 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235 ... 1891  Next