| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yay allularpunk! It sounds like it's already starting to feel like home.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm super tired. I had a working person sleep schedule last night, which apparently leaves me feeling tired and ugh (I felt like this every day I had a job). It's hard to spend nights with the guy if I'm on a 5am-10/11am sleep schedule (I'm not working) and he's on a 2am-8am (he is working) sleep schedule. So I adjust to his, but I woke up at 6am this morning, then dozed until 8:30 and feel like crepe from it. It's nice to know that left to my own devices, my body naturally gets tired at 5am and naturally wakes up at 10ish am. I didn't think I had any sort of normal-for-me sleep pattern because I'd never found that perfect timing. My timing is just a bit inconvenient sometimes. I might take an hour nap to see if that resets me so I can be productive! I mean, I studied Spanish for an hour, but now I'm sooo blah.

TL:DR. I slept on a different schedule than normal and feel like shiitake from it. My best sleep schedule is 5-10, which doesn't work well for sleepovers with someone who has to be to work by 10am (and therefore sleeps from 2-8).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:30 pm 
Inflexitarian

One of the lenses fell out of the glasses I've been using for 4 or 5 years (the spare pair also died at some point within that time span). My eyes aren't really THAT bad; the prescription was ridiculously weak, although now that I don't have them I'm remembering why I got them to begin with, which is because reading anything ever at all is giving me a headache.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Omg this back pain is ridiculous. This morning I thought I'd never experienced pain like it. I took some magnesium and some more Advil though, oh man it's helped so much, I think especially the magnesium , because the Advil normally doesn't help this much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Getting an epidural shot. Hope this helps! And that I'm not here all day like the last appt here. I got a sub for tomorrow, so I d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Someone needs to come here straight away and dry my hair so I can concentrate on catching up with PPK.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

There are packed boxes everywhere and it still feels like I've packed nothing. And I still haven't heard back even though I've called to check on both the places we've applied for. I called another place today and left a message but I haven't heard back. Ugghhh. I need to know where I'm going!

Realistically, I only have books and some odds and ends to pack- like remaining kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff and clothes. But it's just a mess. Everything is a mess. And I have so much schoolwork to do already and I haven't even had the first day of my second class.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

My job is keeping me for another month at least. I decided not to move to Portland. I quit drinking whiskey. My cat wakes me up at 6 a.m. crying for no reason. I can't stop listening to the new Swans record. My feet are finally recovering from two months of wet chucks. criterion just released a Pasolini box set. I'm avoiding white flour. I've been eating like crepe for months (vegan crepe, don't worry) and need to start looking at the PPK again for ideas.

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So the owner of my work let me raise some prices, because lots of them were a bit below what the market will support (and I work on commission). I've been letting current customers know before I groom their dogs, so they're not surprised, and if they're really bothered, they still have the option to go elsewhere. I let this lady know that her groom was going to be $5 more this time, and she went on this tirade about how it was half that price when she lived in California. I have no idea how/why/who would groom a cavalier for only $30, but either way, isn't it kind of tacky to complain about the price? Pay it or go somewhere else (where they'll charge you the same thing). I didn't really know what to say, so I just said that she must've been getting a really good deal, and she was like "I guess she just did it because she really loved it and not for the money." Apparently I'm ripping people off because I need to make a living wage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:14 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm being really mean to poor cavaliers, but everybody I've ever known who had a King Charles was super annoying, whiny, and demanding. We sold lots of KCS stuff when we had the pet business, but they were often pain in the butt customers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I really, really hate nausea. I got the epidural shot (should help pain a lot! I'm excited about that) and the nausea is just ugh. I hoped it would be better after the car ride, but the room is doing a slow spin.

Hopefully this won't last too long. I have a lovely latte that a lovely friend emailed to me (who knew you could do that!), and that's helping, but ugh, the room.

I also can't walk because they shot one leg up with anesthesia. They didn't tell me this until I tried to get off the table and fell over. Grrr. Hopefully this wears off soon, but it's more annoying than anything.

I sort of thought taking tomorrow off was overkill, but maybe it wasn't. I can't get subs easily, so if I had to call in today, my students would have a wasted day, and my co-workers would possibly have to cover with their free periods. This way, I got my former co-worker who retired last year, so kids are in good hands and I can play Civ V all day without feeling guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm 
Semen Strong

creep wrote:
she was like "I guess she just did it because she really loved it and not for the money."

Ugh, I hate people like that. They are the same people who think artists should sell their work at cost because they enjoy the process. Also, $30 is so cheap for dog grooming.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
creep wrote:
she was like "I guess she just did it because she really loved it and not for the money."

Ugh, I hate people like that. They are the same people who think artists should sell their work at cost because they enjoy the process. Also, $30 is so cheap for dog grooming.

Right? $30 is like a bath price for a small dog. I almost think she was making it up, or had a coupon and forgot, or something, because if I groomed dogs for that much, I wouldn't be able to pay rent.

I didn't even raise her to the full cavalier price either, because I just had this feeling... and he didn't really have a full coat. Instincts!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was thinking that a bath would be barely covered for that price! Some people really just want to whinge and moan and expect everything in life for free.

Hope the nausea wears off quick LW. xxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm 
Impressive boner

Tofulish wrote:
creep wrote:

Many people in the UK seem to think musicians should approach performances in this way. We have bills to pay too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I don't really get it. An office worker's boss can't just say "if you really like your job, you'll let me pay you half as much."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think that a lot of people just don't respect service professions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Son of Seitan wrote:
My job is keeping me for another month at least. I decided not to move to Portland. I quit drinking whiskey. My cat wakes me up at 6 a.m. crying for no reason. I can't stop listening to the new Swans record. My feet are finally recovering from two months of wet chucks. criterion just released a Pasolini box set. I'm avoiding white flour. I've been eating like crepe for months (vegan crepe, don't worry) and need to start looking at the PPK again for ideas.

I was wondering where you've been! I'm glad your feet are better--2 mos of wet chucks seems like it's just begging for foot fungus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 pm 
And you never will.

8ball wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
creep wrote:

Many people in the UK seem to think musicians should approach performances in this way. We have bills to pay too!

Ugh, I get this all the time too. The "how much for a cake?!" and the "I could go buy some flour and sugar for a few dollars". Oh, okay great, you do that. Let me know how it turns out for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

creep wrote:

No shiitake. I have heard this too. I do love to translate and consult, really, but I pay 130 smackers/month for my internet connection alone so I can receive your precious document, and I can't pay that bill with love, and if I tell the company THEY should sell it cheaper, guess what happens? Same with every other bloody bill I have. So SORRY! pay up suckers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Why is the PPK blog sunflower Mac so good? I mean really--I can't figure it out. The stuff is so bland, not particularly tasty, and not very distinctive. Yet I love it. It's great as Mac and cheese, it's great on veggies, it's fabulous on baked potatoes. It's my go to anytime I'm feeling under the weather.

Is it Isa magic pixie dust? What is it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I am constantly hungry and it is horrible. I know it's because I've been eating tonnes of junk over the past few months and now I'm trying to eat healthier (and less) but ugh, I just want pizza (I can get the most amazing vegan pizza delivered until really late, which isn't helping), falafel (same), and little, fat inari.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mmm...inari.

Mike got 15 and 18 March off, so we're going to Brighton VegFest! I'm super excited. I had such a good time last year, but having to carry everything with me for 2 days killed my back, so it's gonna be so much nicer this year since we're staying from the Friday to the Monday. We won't be rushed on the Saturday or miss out on anything, and we'll be able to eat somewhere other than vegfest for at least a couple of meals. I already booked our train tickets - 1st class on the way to London! (it was super cheap - £53.35 per person). Now we just need to book the hotel. Yaaay!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:06 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

lavawitch wrote:
Why is the PPK blog sunflower Mac so good? I mean really--I can't figure it out. The stuff is so bland, not particularly tasty, and not very distinctive. Yet I love it. It's great as Mac and cheese, it's great on veggies, it's fabulous on baked potatoes. It's my go to anytime I'm feeling under the weather.

Is it Isa magic pixie dust? What is it?

RIGHT? Every time I make it, it ends up gone in about 36 hours (or less) and I am mystified.

Now I want to make some. Dammit.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I cannot forking wait to get some of the hardware out of my mouth! I heard a rumor my splint is being removed on the 16th, which will be nice because it feels like there's not much room in my mouth right now.

I can't complain too much- other than the swelling and not eating solid food, jaw surgery has been pretty easy. The first night sucked so bad- I swallowed a ton of blood and threw it back up a total of four times. It turned out that was also due in part to the painkiller they were giving me.

My energy is picking up a little, which is awesome. Not awesome was starting my period a week early yesterday. IT CAN WAIT, BODY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1872  Next