| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 am 
WRETCHED

It reminds me of the scare tactics of "such and such is 1 molecule away from <insert dangerous element>". Fortunately, that 1 molecule makes a huge, huge difference. Chemistry is strange and fascinating in how even different chemical configurations can act differently but there are many things where that 1 molecule can kill you or that 1 molecule can benefit you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I managed to get in home from my walk with minutes to spare before the rain again today. The relief. Then I had some scrambled Bahn Mi while watching Dexter. Life is great.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 am 
WELFARIST!

I really wish I would have been a little more conservative with my drinks last night, considering I have to go hang a show in the gallery this morning. Bahhhhhhh my head hurts.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

lepelaar wrote:
Peri wrote:
I was in Walmart today to pick up some liquid anti-bacterial hand soap and they no longer have it labeled as "anti-bacterial" soap. It did say something on the bottle about killing germs. But the foaming soap did have the word anti-bacterial on it. Wonder if some FDA or whoever made them remove the words on the liquid stuff? Boring news, but if you're as paranoid as I am about getting the stomach flu that's going around, I want to see those words on the bottle. I got the foaming soap just for that very reason.

Most stomach flu is caused by viruses so anti-bacterial soap won't help any more than regular soap and water. Plus, overuse of anti-bacterial soap is thought to contribute to antibiotic resistance. That said, washing your hands frequently and well with regular soap and water is supposed to be one of the best things you can do to prevent any kind of flu.

Just my luck. Woke up with a splitting headache and killer sinus pain. So much for anti-bacterial anything. Hubs has gone back to walmart to get me cold meds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

linanil wrote:
It reminds me of the scare tactics of "such and such is 1 molecule away from <insert dangerous element>". Fortunately, that 1 molecule makes a huge, huge difference. Chemistry is strange and fascinating in how even different chemical configurations can act differently but there are many things where that 1 molecule can kill you or that 1 molecule can benefit you.

Hah. That reminds me of the time I was at a party with a group of women, one of them my chain smoking cousin. Someone brought something, Country Crock butter, or something like that and my cousin said loudly so everyone could hear: "OMG! Don't you know that stuff is one molecule away from plastic!" Because she so concerned about putting bad chemicals in our bodies. *eyeroll*

Last edited by Peri on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of stuff for VEW recipes, then came home to pay my electric bill to find that I'm gonna have to start paying an extra £40 per month to cover the amount of electricity we use. Boo-urns. It's just because this winter is colder than last and we've been running the electric fires, which cost shitloads more than central heating, but it still sucks. I was gonna start putting more money towards my student loans from next month, but I guess that's out of the question.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

But the important thing is, which VEW recipes?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Heh. I'm not sure - I just bought all the various soy sauces. I didn't really have a plan. I decided to walk home, then I decided to go to the Chinese supermarket, and then I just bought a bunch of stuff on the lists from the book (pictures of which I had on my phone). I guess I'll have a look through the book and see what I can use them in!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hitler drank water, you know.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hate being so broke. This cheap soya milk is nasty. So nasty that it even makes hot chocolate taste naff. Only another 4 weeks until I have money again and can get decent soya milk.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I hate filling out job applications. I guess at least right now I'm doing it because I just don't want to work where I work rather than because I don't have a job. But it still sucks. I wish I could just submit my CV. Or that the application I'm filling out now wasn't so imprecise (in that it's hard to figure out what information they want and where it's meant to go). But I found an opening where I used to temp, so I'm gonna apply for that. It always looks good to have the place you're applying to as one of your references.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:31 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

daisychain wrote:
I hate being so broke. This cheap soya milk is nasty. So nasty that it even makes hot chocolate taste naff. Only another 4 weeks until I have money again and can get decent soya milk.

I'm back in the US, now armed with 15 cartons of Bonsoy.. I should be able to survive winter now :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I felt so gross and weird and sickish last night, I thought I was getting that stomach bug. My stomach was so loud with its death rumbles and I had wicked heart burn. It took hours to fall asleep. But I woke up feeling awesome, mom made me a beefless stew (stupid delicious), and everything is fine now.

On the black/Jamaican thing, which I am late in responding to, I remember family friends jokingly referring to me and my brother as Jamerican. I always loved that but never used it. I should bring it back!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

joshua wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I'm back in the US, now armed with 15 cartons of Bonsoy.. I should be able to survive winter now :)

I have no idea what that is but it does sounds a heck of a lot better than what I am drinking! I think I am going to splash out and buy a proper carton of stuff tomorrow. I just can't handle this nasty stuff anymore! I don't know how I used to deal with it the whole time.

So my trackpad has been acting insane the past 2 days. Turns out it is because I use lotion on my hands. Oops. Trackpad cleaned (with the end of my jumper) and working fine now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

This is basically the PPK:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I need to put my computer down so I can do non-computer stuff while sitting on the couch, but the cat is in the place where my laptop goes when not in use. I don't want to move the cat, so I'm gonna just keep my computer on my lap while I do other things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:42 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

daisychain wrote:
joshua wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I have no idea what that is but it does sounds a heck of a lot better than what I am drinking! I think I am going to splash out and buy a proper carton of stuff tomorrow. I just can't handle this nasty stuff anymore! I don't know how I used to deal with it the whole time.

I know you can get it in England, but I'm not sure about over your way. worth looking for if you ask me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so sore from walking just a couple miles. I used to do that SUPER regularly, and I just haven't been motivated to exercise since I got to a healthy weight. Plus, cold as balls, tired from work, excuses, blah blah. Just shows how much I really need to be getting some activity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 pm 
Chard Martyr

joshua wrote:
Jealous! Glad you're back!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Saw a couple of cars crash tonight. We didn't stick around because I had no idea who was at fault, couldn't tell you who shot the lights . I always seem to be terrible at witnessy stuff, but I suppose it's likely to have been caught on camera, we have loads on the streets round here.

Everyone at least seemed to be conscious, although one guy who got out was staggering and then had to be helped to sit down on the pavement. Weird stuff - things like that happen so fast, thank fork there weren't more people at the junction!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

choirqueer wrote:
This is basically the PPK:

This might be the best part of my day/maybe I should get a fan?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

So, say hypothetically you have two kids in daycare who are are sick all the time, so you're often sick, and you can't always miss work since you're sick so damn often. But then say one day you have a stomach virus, pink eye, and head lice all at the same time. Don't you think this is grounds for a sick day? I had to spend an entire day in close quarters with this person. Ugh!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm 
WELFARIST!

choirqueer wrote:

HAHAHAHA! Also, that restaurant totally looks like Life Alive!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm 
And you never will.

Pretty sure I need a "Fart Patio" sign for my back patio now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fart Patio made me laugh out loud! Ha!

You guys, I LOVE my new job. Love it love it. I have never said that about a job before. Perhaps I have found my professional calling? Working behind the scenes at a gallery is SO FUN!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274 ... 1873  Next