| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275 ... 1826  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Mr. Shankly wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

HAHAHAHA! Also, that restaurant totally looks like Life Alive!

Mmmm, life alive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

I just realized that I haven't had nooch in at least a year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I have a friend crush on someone and I really want to ask her to hang out with me. I don't want her to think I'm hitting on her, but I also don't want to be like "DON'T WORRY, I AM NOT TRYING TO DATE YOU" because I don't want to close the door on the possibility? But for the moment at least, it's just a friend crush and I just really want to hang out with her! (This is someone I see regularly but only ever in a large group of people.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

^^maybe you're overthinking it, cq? if you had no crush and just thought she was neat, would you worry about how she would take it if you asked her to do something with you? i mean, this is how people make friends, right? not that i know so much about that. i guess i would always assume that someone was asking as a friend unless it was made really, really explicit that something else was happening, so it seems safe enough to me for you to ask her to hang, especially if you already know each other.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:56 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

acr wrote:
if you had no crush and just thought she was neat, would you worry about how she would take it if you asked her to do something with you? i mean, this is how people make friends, right?

I always would. Then again, this is why I dont make friends.
And why I found my boyfriend on the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm 

Up until pretty recently it would never have even occurred to me to worry about something like that, but lately I've been hanging out with straight people way more than I used to, and it's come to my attention that for some reason it's "weird" for a guy* to ask a woman to hang out just as friends?

I mean, to clarify, when I say "friend crush" I mean "I really really want to be good friends with this person", not "I have romantic feelings toward this person" at all.

I dunno, how DO people make friends? I feel like a lot of people my age make friends by hanging out in big groups and drinking, both of which are activities that I actively avoid, sooooooo... :P

*Not actually my gender identity, but based on my appearance that's what people usually assume I am.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 pm 

As, CQ! I know just what you mean. I am so bad at figuring out how to take it to the next level. There's this girl that I love talking to, but I haven't been able to overcome my awkwardness to ask if she wants to hang out. And that's without the pressure of any romantic implications! Basically, hugs to you!! You are not alone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I'm sitting on my couch commenting portfolios. On one side, I have the finished stack. On the other side, the ones yet to be done. My cat is sitting on the not yet done stack, facing the back of the couch with her butt toward the front. She just started kneading a pillow in front of herself, pushing down and toward the back of the couch.

This caused the folder on to the top of the pile to slide toward the edge of the couch, along with her butt.

She just fell over the edge of the couch due to the emphaticness of her kneading.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 pm 

Plus, like, when do I even have time to make new friends right now? I'm so busy with classes and rehearsals and trying to make money. But I also have like no social life. I probably spent more time in 2012 playing World of Warcraft than actually hanging out with real humans in a social context. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

ndpittman wrote:
As, CQ! I know just what you mean. I am so bad at figuring out how to take it to the next level. There's this girl that I love talking to, but I haven't been able to overcome my awkwardness to ask if she wants to hang out. And that's without the pressure of any romantic implications! Basically, hugs to you!! You are not alone.

I was like this EVERY time I liked someone at university. I always ended up hurt or disappointed and just found the experiences exhausting...

Actually there were 3 exceptions:

- One American girl in my Icelandic class. She moved back after one semester. At least we ate bagels together twice..
- One girl I got to know better on a trip to Iceland. Moved away after that.
- One girl whom I first liked and who asked to do stuff with me but then I realized more and more that she was super racist and an antisemite. It freaked me out like whoa, especially because I felt like no one else minded? I would have loved to be brave and say "you seem like a nice person but your hateful views make it impossible for me to be friends with you" but I just chickened out of it all..

Right now, Im doing a presentation for uni with 2 girls and I like them. And it occured to me to ask them if they wanted to hang out afterwards. Then I decided it would be awkward..

I don't drink alcohol or "party" or like to stay out late.. Im only good for art, movies, cafés, stuff like this... and I dont like meeting many people at once. It overwhelms me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 am 
Chard Martyr

I'm really big on "life's too short" right now and even though I am crazy busy and have a lot of social anxiety--I am pushing myself really hard to take risks (everything from extracurricular activities to asking a work acquaintance out for lunch) and it is really, really helping me be a happier person. I realize that it is okay that I'm an introvert, and I can honour that when I need to, but also people are fascinating, it is wonderful to have friends, and I am more inspired artistically and have a more dynamic personality when I am lucky enough to hang out with others.

I don't have a severe social anxiety anymore, but I think that honestly changed just from pushing myself. I almost always dread social events, but almost always end up having fun and making great connections. It amazes me when I think about the stuff I've taken on in the past few months: an audition, a new job where I am a boss, going back to ballet (which was my life from age 5-18), getting engaged, making a couple of wonderful new girlfriends, etc.

I am happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:22 am 
Ninja Master

Mr. Shankly wrote:

WHAT? I would die of withdrawal. I am down to my last half a tin and I've already got the shakes!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 am 
Chard Martyr

vijita wrote:
I'm really big on "life's too short" right now...I am happy.
So so happy for you! <3
edit: I meant to write that I'm also enjoying the fork out of life right now and trying to do things differently in an effort to maximise my enjoyment. Yoga, meditation, new friends, new job, new state... it's all been a trip, and it's to the point of becoming comfortable and being fun now.
But I forgot to write that initially because I was distracted by all the nooch talk.

I need to get more nooch.

Last edited by Meggs on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 am 
Semen Strong

CQ, you're awesome and I bet she'd love to be friends. I think you're so much fun to hang out with. I'd just say, "hey I wanted to try out this new coffee spot and its always more fun with a friend, wanna come?"

I am with vijita, I have a lot of social anxiety, but when I push myself to actually do stuff, I'm so happy I did.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am 
Ninja Master

There is a show I work on regularly that takes place in a couple of weeks. Everytime I work on it, when it gets to about this point, I can no longer be forked to be polite to the rude, stubbornly stupid exhibitors. One guy in particular can suck it, he's so rude and obnoxious and I am in no mood this morning to be nice to him.

I really need to get a new job.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 am 

Tofulish wrote:
CQ, you're awesome and I bet she'd love to be friends. I think you're so much fun to hang out with. I'd just say, "hey I wanted to try out this new coffee spot and its always more fun with a friend, wanna come?"

I am with vijita, I have a lot of social anxiety, but when I push myself to actually do stuff, I'm so happy I did.

Cq, this.

Ive been feeling the lack of a close (female?) friend amd i know i should do something about it but im lazy and an introvert.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Tofulish wrote:
I'd just say, "hey I wanted to try out this new coffee spot and its always more fun with a friend, wanna come?"

gosh, you guys make this stuff sound so easy :(

I think it's because I hardly ever find people interesting and when I do they scare me automatically...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 am 

I have this coworker who recently has been coming to me with these problems that she thinks are a fault on my end. So I do my research and say 'no, no way that could happen over here' and she's like 'BUT IT'S A PROBLEM' and I have to tell her to check with people on her end. This has happened 3 times and every time it's someone who works with her.

It's actually kind of entertaining. (I like this coworker and there aren't any hard feelings, it's just funny for me)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I set my alarm for 30 minutes early to get a walk in before work, except the entire night, I kept waking up worrying about the fact that I had to wake up at 5:30 instead of 6 and "omg what time is it now, how much sleep do I have left?" and ended up just changing the alarm back to 6 by like 4 AM.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I had a great, wonderful weekend with my bf, then with my other friend and his wife. Everything went well until 11pm last night when my bf came over in tears as his other gf broke up with him. And now I'm feeling sad that he is sad and I sort of feel like I've broken up with someone too, although it's just the feeling by proxy.
Sadness. And there is nothing I can do or say to him other than "it will get better, hugs, I love you", which can only help this much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 am 
WELFARIST!

baps wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

WHAT? I would die of withdrawal. I am down to my last half a tin and I've already got the shakes!!

I know! I've been having cravings and everything but they don't sell it locally so I'd have to order it online.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
baps wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

I know! I've been having cravings and everything but they don't sell it locally so I'd have to order it online.

I always order mine online. It's way cheaper because I can get it in bulk!
In fact, I probably should order it today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

How is this dog so damn annoying?!!! Is it because I am hormonal or is she actually just annoying tonight?!!! It's 7pm and I'm fit to just go to bed because I know as soon as I do she shuts up and goes asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There was a big police chase that went right by my house and I didn't even notice. I miss all the exciting stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 pm 
Semen Strong

mooo wrote:
So, say hypothetically you have two kids in daycare who are are sick all the time, so you're often sick, and you can't always miss work since you're sick so damn often. But then say one day you have a stomach virus, pink eye, and head lice all at the same time. Don't you think this is grounds for a sick day? I had to spend an entire day in close quarters with this person. Ugh!

I can't believe someone went to work in a hospital with pinkeye, lice and a stomach virus! Yikes! I hope you stay healthy!

Also, on the Fart Patio skit, was the tall darkhaired woman who farted, Sasha Grey?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275 ... 1826  Next