| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:56 am 
Ninja Master

Yeah it is in mexico too I think? Salsa Inglesa! (Things I learn from watching Triple D! haha)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

New avatar, dudes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Is that an octopus in a top hat? Fancy!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I wish my crockpot had a timer so that I didn't have to worry about making it home on time so that my dinner doesn't burn up.

Also, it sounds like Bill Murray is trying to dig to China via the litter box right now, sheesh.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It took me a moment, while reading that, to realize that your cat is named Bill Murray, which is awesome. Or maybe that's not your cat's name and the actor Bill Murray is digging in your litter box. Now I'm not sure which would be cooler.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

allularpunk wrote:
I wish my crockpot had a timer so that I didn't have to worry about making it home on time so that my dinner doesn't burn up.

You can buy a timer for your outlet, and have it turn on later after you leave the house. I've been meaning to do this for my crockpot as I'm usually away from the house for 10 or 11 hours during the work week.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So we're looking into buying a house. Something cheap, fixer uppery. I can't remember if I told you guys that yet.

Anyway, we looked at one last night that the owners still lived in. They crated their jack russell for the showing, and the dog was buried in a blanket with just half of its face out, peering up at us. I pretty much squealed at the cute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am 
WRETCHED

creep wrote:
So we're looking into buying a house. Something cheap, fixer uppery. I can't remember if I told you guys that yet.

Anyway, we looked at one last night that the owners still lived in. They crated their jack russell for the showing, and the dog was buried in a blanket with just half of its face out, peering up at us. I pretty much squealed at the cute.

I think we possibly bought this house because they had 2 dogs, 1 a westie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 am 
Seagull of the PPK

lepelaar wrote:
maybe Bill Murray is digging in your litter box.

it just occurred to me we haven't seen him in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Quarantined wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

You can buy a timer for your outlet, and have it turn on later after you leave the house. I've been meaning to do this for my crockpot as I'm usually away from the house for 10 or 11 hours during the work week.

Yes, I knowwww, but I keep putting off doing it.

lepelaar wrote:
It took me a moment, while reading that, to realize that your cat is named Bill Murray, which is awesome. Or maybe that's not your cat's name and the actor Bill Murray is digging in your litter box. Now I'm not sure which would be cooler.

I wish Bill Murray was hanging out at my house. Instead, I get to deal with his kitty cat equivalent. Lots of meowing and digging and poking at my face with poopy paws. The Bill Murray would probably be more polite about it all.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

j-dub wrote:
So this might be nuts, but I'm drinking raspberry Emergen-C right now, and I can't help but think that it plus vodka would be a great combo. And it would probably reduce your hangover! (Note: not drunk right now.)

That's not nuts: it might just be brilliant.

LW: I am so sorry your students are acting like this. Perhaps they are just goofing off and will do better in a more high stakes situation (provided state testing is high stakes for them.) It makes me sad that teachers are forced to worry about testing like this instead of just letting them teach
There is so much that shapes a kid's attitudes and skills beyond what happens in the classroom.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Olives wrote:
j-dub wrote:
So this might be nuts, but I'm drinking raspberry Emergen-C right now, and I can't help but think that it plus vodka would be a great combo. And it would probably reduce your hangover! (Note: not drunk right now.)

Emergen-c cocktails are already a known "thing"! They are very good.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Olives wrote:
j-dub wrote:

LW: I am so sorry your students are acting like this. Perhaps they are just goofing off and will do better in a more high stakes situation (provided state testing is high stakes for them.) It makes me sad that teachers are forced to worry about testing like this instead of just letting them teach
There is so much that shapes a kid's attitudes and skills beyond what happens in the classroom.

The problem is they dont all need to pass this class to graduate. Many have the attitude that if something is not drop dead required, they aren't doing shiitake. We have a diverse student body, but this particular attitude crosses all demographic boundaries. Even the honors classes here have a high failure rate because the kids won't do the work, but they want to be in there to be with their friends.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lutin wrote:
New avatar, dudes.

Eeeeeee! High five! ;D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

torque wrote:
YAY IJDI!

Yes, woostersheer! Unless you're in Japan, where it's "usta". I could totally use a gallon at a time, and i can get it by the gallon too (inexplicably, here not only is it vegan, it's called "English Sauce".)

baps wrote:
Yeah it is in mexico too I think? Salsa Inglesa! (Things I learn from watching Triple D! haha)

I bought a bottle of vegan Worcestershire sauce when I saw it, and Wilson was like, what do you need that for, I have this, and holds up the Salsa Inglesa, and I was all, that usually isn't vegan but it totally was, and he was right like always. I still haven't opened the bottle I bought either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I added a tablespoon of carageenan and about two of arrowroot to my veggie sausages and they came out more awesome than ever before. Try it! Do it! Best addition ever!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Quarantined wrote:
Olives wrote:
j-dub wrote:

Emergen-c cocktails are already a known "thing"! They are very good.

I think I remember Ted Leo tweeting about doing this?

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

when you make a wok full of szechuan green beans for your family of three, and two people hate "spicy" but you can't make szechuan anything without at least a FEW szechuan peppercorns..... what are the chances that the biggest spice hater in the group will get all three peppercorns? i'll tell you. 100%. dammit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

torque wrote:
when you make a wok full of szechuan green beans for your family of three, and two people hate "spicy" but you can't make szechuan anything without at least a FEW szechuan peppercorns..... what are the chances that the biggest spice hater in the group will get all three peppercorns? i'll tell you. 100%. dammit.

Szechuan pepper is my favourite spice in the whole world!
My not-really-MIL doesn't really like the intense taste.
I usually crush the peppercorns using a mortar & pestle, though, since otherwise I'll bite on them, which will make them break apart, and eventually I'll end up with half a peppercorn like a mini suction cup somewhere at the back of my tongue. (Yes, they will do that. Hate.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I feel like I'm getting ill from being so run-down. And I have a big photoshoot tonight...great.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I usually do a 75 minute route through the gym, but today I decided to exchange the last 15 minutes on the cross-trainer with a15 minute abdominal muscles class.

I was almost late for that class so I walked into the hall where they were just starting a class...body pump. Thought; 15 minutes of one class or another class doesn't make a difference, right?

The body pump class was a full hour and I'm starting to feel a bit sore already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There's a giant nor'easter/blizzard headed my way tomorrow. I'm fairly close to out of food beyond some leftovers but have plenty of dry beans and some frozen veggies. Should I get anything else? If the power goes out, I'm baking bread (I have a very old gas stove/oven, so I believe I should still be able to do this).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Hmm... I'm going to fill some water bottles and a bucket just in case. Flashlight and batteries...tinned soup? Or one of those Indian dinners in the pouch? I'm going to buy some tea and snacks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ndpittman wrote:
Hmm... I'm going to fill some water bottles and a bucket just in case. Flashlight and batteries...tinned soup? Or one of those Indian dinners in the pouch? I'm going to buy some tea and snacks!

Apples??? (I'm doing low-gluten-y and avoiding 'junk' food) Hummus? Could be an excuse to get more peanut butter. I do not want to do what I did for Sandy. (Eat half a batch of castiron baked chocolate chip cookies)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My dog, you guys. I've been trying to think of fun indoor things to do with her. Today I decided to teach her to jump over a broomstick. It's not difficult. My childhood dog was great at it, and she was one of the worst-trained dogs ever. So I get the broomstick, and I prop the ends up so it's a couple inches off the ground. All the dog has to do is step over it. Does she step over it? No. Does she try to walk through the broomstick, trip, and nearly fall on her face? Yes. We try it again. She walks into it again and stops. I am on the other side with treats. She just stands there, all confused, and looks at me sadly, like there is an invisible force field preventing her from getting to me and the treats. Finally I demonstrate for her by running and doing an exaggerated leap over the broomstick. She tries it, does this weird clumsy jump, and once on the other side is ecstatic, like "OH MY GOD, I DID IT. I defeated the force field!" My mother says that maybe the dog will get smarter as she gets older, but I'm not so sure!

Reply to topic  [ 44137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 1766  Next