| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 1770  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 2935
Location: Ireland
Urgh, why do people think it is ok to keep a dog in an unsecured garden with no collar? Then act surprised when you call to their house asking do they know anything about a small, black dog that is in the woods and limping really bad.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9393
Location: Vancouver Island
lavawitch wrote:
The monthlies really are so much cheaper. I've always paid about $90/ year. Unfortunately, I seem to have damaged my eyes with them. I had my last pair in too long because I kept putting off going for new ones.

I seem to have done the same. It's like I can see (NPI) bills dropping out of my wallet when I put in a new pair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6149
Location: Boston, MA
Mr. Shankly wrote:
A page I subscribe to posted about a country singer who committed suicide today and the responses have been absolutely forking awful. I cannot believe how cold and horrible people are. They're calling her selfish for committing suicide, said it was no big deal because of starving Africans, called it natural selection...I just can't believe people. Clearly, clearly these people have not suffered from clinical depression or something similar because I cannot imagine someone who's been through that pain saying that suicide is selfish.


I just saw that this is Mindy McCready. That's so sad! I mean, it'd be sad if it were anyone, but I don't know. I liked a few of her songs. I feel so bad for her kids, too. I can't imagine what that must feel like. She definitely had a lot of demons or whatever. I'm sorry that those people upset you, Mr. Shankly. I agree that they must have never known true hopelessness. Gosh, this makes me want to hug all of the people (even though I generally don't like people are touching people.)

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 am 
WELFARIST!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5046
Location: Gallifrey
Air hugs!

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:04 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6149
Location: Boston, MA
Aw, air hugs is perfect!

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 2935
Location: Ireland
I love that when I give my dog my foot she hugs it and goes back asleep holding onto it.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 1985
Location: Munich, finally!
I'm hungry! But the good thing is, in 40 minutes I'll be at the most amazing vegan restaurant and eat a delicious dinner. Yay!

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8009
Location: Maryland/DC area
I really wish soy pudding was as cheap as dairy pudding. I decided to splurge and buy some soy pudding this weekend and brought it to work. So good. Or maybe I should just figure out how to make it.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
linanil wrote:
I really wish soy pudding was as cheap as dairy pudding. I decided to splurge and buy some soy pudding this weekend and brought it to work. So good. Or maybe I should just figure out how to make it.

There's a recipe in VWAV that is super easy and delicious!

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8009
Location: Maryland/DC area
j-dub wrote:
linanil wrote:
I really wish soy pudding was as cheap as dairy pudding. I decided to splurge and buy some soy pudding this weekend and brought it to work. So good. Or maybe I should just figure out how to make it.

There's a recipe in VWAV that is super easy and delicious!


Wow thanks, I googled and found it I think. I'll have to check my cookbook later but I should have all the ingredients!

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:05 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6149
Location: Boston, MA
The chocolate pudding filling for the chocolate pie in VPITS is the best pudding I've ever had.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8009
Location: Maryland/DC area
ndpittman wrote:
The chocolate pudding filling for the chocolate pie in VPITS is the best pudding I've ever had.


I'll have to try it, I don't have the book (not a pie fan) but it looks like Isa posted it on the main site!

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:19 pm 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 9995
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
yes, the vpits pudding is perfect! i also really like the vegan diner pudding, but i cut down on the sugar by using unsweetened soy milk. i also feel pretty ok about eating pudding for breakfast because it's mostly soy milk.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
I make quick pudding out of cocoa powder, soy milk, sugar, and cornstarch. If I'm feeling fancy I toss in too much (ha!) orange extract.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
Impressive boner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3866
Location: Nottingham.
I'm so exhausted but I just *know* I'll sleep badly again, just like every other night for the last three weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2193
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
Today's Black Mirror was particularly unpleasant. Last week's was a science fiction ghost story, this week's was just brutally unpleasant.

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 2981
Location: Sacramento
I'm stuck at work supervising the admins (everyone else went home early because it's a holiday and stuff - waaahhh), and I'm bored, and now I want pudding.

_________________
grocery budget blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8009
Location: Maryland/DC area
I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3459
Location: Nashville, TN
creep wrote:
We find out about our house today! Or our realtor thinks so. I have no idea what time though, so I'm going to be anxious as shiitake all day.


Found out late in the day that it'll probably be tomorrow because it's a holiday. ARRRGGGHHH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11094
Location: VA
linanil wrote:
I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.


Have you considered writing a rebuttal letter for your file listing anything extra you've done? Perhaps have someone in a supervisory capacity also write one.

It is frustrating; I've been there.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:47 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8009
Location: Maryland/DC area
lavawitch wrote:
linanil wrote:
I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.


Have you considered writing a rebuttal letter for your file listing anything extra you've done? Perhaps have someone in a supervisory capacity also write one.

It is frustrating; I've been there.


the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
Gulliver wrote:
Today's Black Mirror was particularly unpleasant. Last week's was a science fiction ghost story, this week's was just brutally unpleasant.
Yeah, I just watched it. Agreed. Though I totally get what they were doing and Lenora Crichlow was amazing. Still, disturbing like woah.

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11094
Location: VA
linanil wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
linanil wrote:
I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.


Have you considered writing a rebuttal letter for your file listing anything extra you've done? Perhaps have someone in a supervisory capacity also write one.

It is frustrating; I've been there.


the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.


Sounds like somebody had a bug up their asparagus and didn't feel very positive or helpful. I've had managers like that. Is your relationship with them such that you can tell them how defeatist it makes you feel? The defeatist attitude is such poison, for me anyway, when I've felt like that. It snowballs.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6655
Location: bindlestiff
linanil wrote:
the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.

I think you're great.

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Portland, OR
pandacookie wrote:
linanil wrote:
the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.

I think you're great.

I think she exceeds expectations!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 44226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 1770  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brian, bsd, JillW, lepelaar and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer