| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 1770  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Urgh, why do people think it is ok to keep a dog in an unsecured garden with no collar? Then act surprised when you call to their house asking do they know anything about a small, black dog that is in the woods and limping really bad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Chard Martyr

lavawitch wrote:
The monthlies really are so much cheaper. I've always paid about $90/ year. Unfortunately, I seem to have damaged my eyes with them. I had my last pair in too long because I kept putting off going for new ones.

I seem to have done the same. It's like I can see (NPI) bills dropping out of my wallet when I put in a new pair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mr. Shankly wrote:
A page I subscribe to posted about a country singer who committed suicide today and the responses have been absolutely forking awful. I cannot believe how cold and horrible people are. They're calling her selfish for committing suicide, said it was no big deal because of starving Africans, called it natural selection...I just can't believe people. Clearly, clearly these people have not suffered from clinical depression or something similar because I cannot imagine someone who's been through that pain saying that suicide is selfish.

I just saw that this is Mindy McCready. That's so sad! I mean, it'd be sad if it were anyone, but I don't know. I liked a few of her songs. I feel so bad for her kids, too. I can't imagine what that must feel like. She definitely had a lot of demons or whatever. I'm sorry that those people upset you, Mr. Shankly. I agree that they must have never known true hopelessness. Gosh, this makes me want to hug all of the people (even though I generally don't like people are touching people.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 am 
WELFARIST!

Air hugs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:04 pm 

Aw, air hugs is perfect!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I love that when I give my dog my foot she hugs it and goes back asleep holding onto it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I'm hungry! But the good thing is, in 40 minutes I'll be at the most amazing vegan restaurant and eat a delicious dinner. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
WRETCHED

I really wish soy pudding was as cheap as dairy pudding. I decided to splurge and buy some soy pudding this weekend and brought it to work. So good. Or maybe I should just figure out how to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

linanil wrote:
I really wish soy pudding was as cheap as dairy pudding. I decided to splurge and buy some soy pudding this weekend and brought it to work. So good. Or maybe I should just figure out how to make it.

There's a recipe in VWAV that is super easy and delicious!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 pm 
WRETCHED

j-dub wrote:
linanil wrote:

There's a recipe in VWAV that is super easy and delicious!

Wow thanks, I googled and found it I think. I'll have to check my cookbook later but I should have all the ingredients!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:05 pm 

The chocolate pudding filling for the chocolate pie in VPITS is the best pudding I've ever had.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
WRETCHED

ndpittman wrote:
The chocolate pudding filling for the chocolate pie in VPITS is the best pudding I've ever had.

I'll have to try it, I don't have the book (not a pie fan) but it looks like Isa posted it on the main site!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:19 pm 
Chard Martyr

yes, the vpits pudding is perfect! i also really like the vegan diner pudding, but i cut down on the sugar by using unsweetened soy milk. i also feel pretty ok about eating pudding for breakfast because it's mostly soy milk.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I make quick pudding out of cocoa powder, soy milk, sugar, and cornstarch. If I'm feeling fancy I toss in too much (ha!) orange extract.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm so exhausted but I just *know* I'll sleep badly again, just like every other night for the last three weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Today's Black Mirror was particularly unpleasant. Last week's was a science fiction ghost story, this week's was just brutally unpleasant.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm stuck at work supervising the admins (everyone else went home early because it's a holiday and stuff - waaahhh), and I'm bored, and now I want pudding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm 
WRETCHED

I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
We find out about our house today! Or our realtor thinks so. I have no idea what time though, so I'm going to be anxious as shiitake all day.

Found out late in the day that it'll probably be tomorrow because it's a holiday. ARRRGGGHHH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
I'll complain here because why not. Today I got my yearly review at work. I got "good". Not great, not superior, not exceptional, good. Good sounds good, right? No. Compared to other people, I do a lot more work and I'm a lot more involved. I have this problem that I've always had in that I do my job, try to do my best and don't try to tell people how great I'm doing. Well that always bites me in the butt. This is the first year I've had a 'good' in many years and it has also been one of the most challenging and demanding. It just makes me feel defeated.

Have you considered writing a rebuttal letter for your file listing anything extra you've done? Perhaps have someone in a supervisory capacity also write one.

It is frustrating; I've been there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:47 pm 
WRETCHED

lavawitch wrote:
linanil wrote:

Have you considered writing a rebuttal letter for your file listing anything extra you've done? Perhaps have someone in a supervisory capacity also write one.

the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Gulliver wrote:
Today's Black Mirror was particularly unpleasant. Last week's was a science fiction ghost story, this week's was just brutally unpleasant.
Yeah, I just watched it. Agreed. Though I totally get what they were doing and Lenora Crichlow was amazing. Still, disturbing like woah.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
linanil wrote:

the verbiage in my review is "linanil is a model employee, something others should strive to be" but then rating: good. I think that is the worst part of it. If it said I was a good employee, then a rating of good would be ok. I am allowed to make comments but I didn't because I felt so defeated.

Sounds like somebody had a bug up their asparagus and didn't feel very positive or helpful. I've had managers like that. Is your relationship with them such that you can tell them how defeatist it makes you feel? The defeatist attitude is such poison, for me anyway, when I've felt like that. It snowballs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

linanil wrote:

I think you're great.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

pandacookie wrote:
linanil wrote:

I think you're great.

I think she exceeds expectations!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309 ... 1770  Next