| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

Aw, Vijita! your relatives are so dumb and rude. you're definitely better off without them. I think your aunt should write to dear abby or carolyn hax and say they are turning down a wedding invitation because they don't like the food. I bet the response would be so awesome.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:
I think Molly is trying to crawl into my eyeball.

Re: Fee's quote in your sig: this is kind of a creepy image and I do know who Molly is.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:
8ball wrote:
... as we were walking from the bus stop to our house another teen with an Akita made out that the dog was trying to get off the chain to bite one of us, when the pup was doing nothing more than walking.

I have no idea.

AHAHAHAHA so...maybe you know this but in the US, "making out" is an expression equivalent to what I think is "snogging" in the UK? So I read that sentence and I was picturing a teenager trying to get kissy-face with an angry Akita and I was super super confused for a minute!

I'd have loved it if he was getting doggy kisses! Much better than trying to depict the pup as aggressive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Last night I contacted the site I bought my dog bed through (orvis.com) and sent them a picture of the splotches on the mattress to see if they had any idea what they were. I got an email back today saying I should dispose of the mattress to be on the safe side, and that they are sending me a new one for free!!! Hooray! That is great customer service! My dog is going to be so happy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Great, now I need orvis dog beds. They're so comfy looking. Deep dish!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I have the deep dish tempur-pedic one. I have tested it out and it is about 100x comfier than my own bed. Sometimes I think we should switch and the dog can sleep on my bed and I'll sleep in the crate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

kilgore trout wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I think Molly is trying to crawl into my eyeball.

Re: Fee's quote in your sig: this is kind of a creepy image and I do know who Molly is.

I never remember what I said to earn Fee's quote!

Yesterday, I was really sick. Godawful stomach pains, so I crawled out of my car and into bed when I got home from work. Never made it upstairs, so I didn't see Molly from 4am yesterday until 2pm today. She spent an hour being all pissy and aloof, then spent an hour being insanely clingy and snuggly, trying to press herself up against my face as hard as she could, which involved rubbing her head into my eye and putting one foot on my chin. So, yeah.

Wow, raspberry! Orvis is awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

I am 44 minutes into a 30 minute bus ride and barely half way home. I hope the people in the accident blocking the bridge are OK.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 pm 
Dead by dawn

shiitake. It's a fatality accident.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yikes.

I always dwell on that when I see accidents. I spend an hour or two being mightily annoyed that I'm stuck in traffic, then after seeing the accident, spend the rest of the evening feeling like the lowest sort of bisque for being so self-centered. I try not to read the reports after; too sad. Sometimes I do though in hopes something that looked bad ended up ok, which does happen often.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 am 
WELFARIST!

You guys, I'm typing this on my first ever smartphone. I feel like the hulk trying to type on this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I can't decide if I'm too ill to go into work. I don't think I am, but I don't want to get there and be all bleurgh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:30 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Interesting. For the first time in quite a while I see my ex (met up to talk about tax shiitake) and then the same day I run into my nephew (son of ex's sister), whom I haven't seen since the breakup. So odd. Also, kinda sad... Love that kid. But happy because it's so nice to have seen him! Maybe I should try and see if we could hang out just us regardless of me not being in their family anymore.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Last night I contacted the site I bought my dog bed through (orvis.com) and sent them a picture of the splotches on the mattress to see if they had any idea what they were. I got an email back today saying I should dispose of the mattress to be on the safe side, and that they are sending me a new one for free!!! Hooray! That is great customer service! My dog is going to be so happy.

Score!!! I would still totally wash it and see if it comes back. If it doesn't..... then sell the first one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was doing an errand for work and passed a guy walking his dog. The dog was trying to poo and he just yanked him along. And of course he didn't pick it up. I wish I'd had the wherewithal to shout at him that his dog dropped something.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:02 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Those curry tofu tacos on the blog are the fartiest food ever. Holy shiitake.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 am 
Semen Strong

creep wrote:
Those curry tofu tacos on the blog are the fartiest food ever. Holy shiitake.

MUST MAKE!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Snow is falling in these huuuge flakes. It's gorgeous! Although I am really tired of all the snow and cold, I can't not appreciate the beauty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Urgh! I burnt the roof of my mouth on my lunch because it tasted far too good to let it cool enough before I scoffed it. I got a massive electricity bill because the company was so dire at doing all the estimates the past year.

And to top it all off the dog and the cat are conspiring to drive me over the edgy today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Phoenix wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I always think of freaky things to post here that will BLOW ALL YOURZ MINDZ but then it's, like 2 ayem, and I don't have my puter on and I should be in bed and figure I'll remember whatever it was tomorrow because it was so mind-blowing that how could I forget? But I forget. Every time. And you guys, the brain fartz you're missing. You don't know. I mean, I don't even know, but whatever it was did blow through my mind once and left a big hole, never to be heard from again.

I just love this post.

Bahahaha, me too. Once my best friend was convinced he'd discovered the theory of everything and he didn't write it down because he was sure he'd remember in the morning. All he did remember was a feeling of utter elation, followed by a feeling of utter loss when he realized he didn't remember anything. (He's sure it wasn't really a feasible theory of everything... but we'll never know.)

Pretty sure there is a Douglas Adams book that starts exactly that way.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Anek wrote:
Snow is falling in these huuuge flakes. It's gorgeous! Although I am really tired of all the snow and cold, I can't not appreciate the beauty.

I wish I were there!! I am really missing my trip that I had planned. My time there last year was SO AWESOME. Enjoy the snow x2 for me!!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Like, does no one call stores anymore to see if items are in stock? Every time I try that these days, it's such an exercise in frustration. First, I had to go through the rigamorale of determining the proper department to which the phone rang endlessly, transferred back to an automated voice saying they'll try my call again, and nada, then the automated voice comes back and tells me to call back later and disconnects. No one seems to man the store phone these days and if they do, it's never good. They never know what you're talking about, it's in their voice that they're wondering why in the hell you're damn well calling THEM and that you're a bother. I suppose there's an app for this but I don't really know what an app is, honestly. It's being bandied about a lot lately though. How do the technologically challenged get by in today's world? I just want to put a dime in a phone booth again and turn a page in a paper book and adjust an antennae. PLEASE. Do you just have to go down and see if stuff is on shelves these days? I mean, I used to work in retail in the eighties and when the phone rang, we answered it and resolved the question. Argh!!! I don't have a car so I have to get on a bus and see if they carry my print cartridge when they could just PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE and tell me while I sit here on my butt, waiting. Customer service these days, I tell ya.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

That's annoying, SV. When I worked retail (which was like a year ago) I think most phone customers got annoyed with us, but how it worked was, cashiers would answer the phone, and if there was a question about an item, we had to ask a person on the sales floor to take the call, since we weren't allowed to leave our registers. If the person on the floor was already helping a customer, it could take them a few minutes to get to the phone--and depending on the time of day, there were usually 2 people on the floor, and both might be busy at the same time. So maybe there's some annoying constraint on their end like that?

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

seitanicverses wrote:
Like, does no one call stores anymore to see if items are in stock? Every time I try that these days, it's such an exercise in frustration. First, I had to go through the rigamorale of determining the proper department to which the phone rang endlessly, transferred back to an automated voice saying they'll try my call again, and nada, then the automated voice comes back and tells me to call back later and disconnects. No one seems to man the store phone these days and if they do, it's never good. They never know what you're talking about, it's in their voice that they're wondering why in the hell you're damn well calling THEM and that you're a bother. I suppose there's an app for this but I don't really know what an app is, honestly. It's being bandied about a lot lately though. How do the technologically challenged get by in today's world? I just want to put a dime in a phone booth again and turn a page in a paper book and adjust an antennae. PLEASE. Do you just have to go down and see if stuff is on shelves these days? I mean, I used to work in retail in the eighties and when the phone rang, we answered it and resolved the question. Argh!!! I don't have a car so I have to get on a bus and see if they carry my print cartridge when they could just PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE and tell me while I sit here on my butt, waiting. Customer service these days, I tell ya.

If it's a chain, you can probably check on their website. I know with a lot of places, like Barnes & Noble, Office Depot, Best Buy, Target, etc, you can look up an item on their website and then there will be an option to check store inventory and you enter your zip and POOF! They will tell you. And they usually give the option to pay online and then just pick it up in the store, but I've never tried that one.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1767  Next