| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I dropped my iphone in a public toilet yesterday. It was turning itself on and off and doing a bunch of other weird crepe. I put it in a bag of rice overnight. I think it's okay again. Woo!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Exhausting, busy weekend, but fun! We met up with Tea, seitanicverses and lobsteriffic for lunch. Then we went and got foot massages, shopped a little, T. got a haircut and we had a nice dinner at Vegetarian Haven. Then Sunday we went and looked at dinosaurs at the Royal Ontario Museum and stopped at Ikea. I'm spenttttttt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:55 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

paprikapapaya wrote:
Exhausting, busy weekend, but fun! We met up with Tea, seitanicverses and lobsteriffic for lunch. Then we went and got foot massages, shopped a little, T. got a haircut and we had a nice dinner at Vegetarian Haven. Then Sunday we went and looked at dinosaurs at the Royal Ontario Museum and stopped at Ikea. I'm spenttttttt.

That sounds wonderful! I am so happy you all had fun, and foot massages sound fantastic!

I had a superb weekend, too! I have to say that being a bit more active made coming in to work today feel better. I could use a foot massage though, maybe. I don't know if it would help or hurt--my bunion has been really sore lately!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Our lease doesn't end until June 1, and we told our roommate mid-February that we were buying a house. Apparently he was super dramatic about it when our friend visited the other day, even though he's been fine with us.

Her: "Have you looked at any apartments yet?"
Him: "I don't have a solution yet."
Her: "What do you think you're going to do?"
Him: "I don't think there is a solution."

Cause there are no apartments in the entire city? And four months isn't enough notice? Or he thought we'd live together forever? I don't get it.

There are a lot of nice, reasonable one bedroom apartments in this area alone, so I'm not sure what his deal is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am 
WRETCHED

Maybe he is delusional enough to think you'd offer to have him live with you in your house.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't imagine that he thinks we're on good terms. We're barely tolerating each other. Who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Best weekend ever. Ever! Also, last night I had dreams all night about Older Man, while he was sleeping next to me. Forever in my head! Ack!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 am 
WELFARIST!

creep wrote:
I can't imagine that he thinks we're on good terms. We're barely tolerating each other. Who knows?

I had a boyfriend who strangely thought we were on good terms when we had the most disconnected relationship evah (as far as I was concerned). When we broke up, I seriously thought I was doing him a favor, putting him out of his misery because he seemed miserable with me but later he was all "you really broke my heart terribly when we broke up," and I was like...what?! Incredulous. I really figured it had to be what he wanted because who can live in such permamisery? I don't know what his standards for relationships are but to me ours was terrible and I guess he didn't think so? It's strange to imagine what other people's perspectives of the same experience are. Fascinating! Anyway, that was an enlightening incident in my life--in that folks don't always experience essentially the same events in the same way at all. Are they oblivious to the tension? Am I oversensitive to the tension? We obviously did not read the situation we were mutually experiencing the same way. Weird. It's a life lesson I've kept in mind ever since.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am 
Semen Strong

I broke up with my fiance after we had a miserable vacation together (July), during which he ignored me and refused to do anything besides hide in the garden with a book, and then ignored my phone calls for a month (all of August). I called him and actually got him on the phone in September, and broke up with him, whereupon he drove to my door and proceeded to cry on my doorstep for several hours. I had already removed everything of his from the apartment and told the doorman not to let him up.

I think he just wanted to be the victim, because he then promptly went to everyone we knew and told them I was a bisque for dumping him, because he was so in love with me and I was incapable of human emotion. He also did a lot of yelling about how I'd never do better then him. I have never done worse.

I saw him once in public and we just ignored one another. I wanted to barf in my mouth.

Just to say, sorry creep. I have no idea why your roomie is being all dramatic behind your back, but its probably just another reminder of how happy you're going to be to move on!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks for the perspective, guys. I'm sure I'm being obnoxious with all the roommate complaining. I'm trying not to focus on it so much, but it's hard when it's a living situation I'm stuck in for a while. There's a light at the end of the tunnel now though, so I just keep trying to think about how much it's going to rule to have a big asparagus house with just my husband and animals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

You guys. Last night I discovered something molding in the refrigerator. But wait! It gets better!

The mold was literally escaping from the container! It had like..sprouted and was reaching up up up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fee wrote:
You guys. Last night I discovered something molding in the refrigerator. But wait! It gets better!

The mold was literally escaping from the container! It had like..sprouted and was reaching up up up.

It's like Jack and the Beanstalk!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

nooooooooo.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's coming to get you, Fee.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I worked a wedding last night and it was really refreshing. An older couple, perfectly respectful (and not too hammered) guests, nice acoustic live music. But the best part was that for once, I could actually take part in the caterers' offer of eating some leftover food! They did serve meat, but they also had a beet and hazelnut salad, couscous salad, green salad with a vegan avocado dressing, roasted veggies, roasted baby potatoes, seared spicy green beans, and fresh bread. Oh and a nice fruit salad. When I was quizzing the caterer about what I could eat, he let me know that the couple wanted everything vegetarian to be made vegan, for no reason other than they had one vegan in attendance. For a massive wedding, I thought that was pretty nice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

It was really incredible. I would have shown my mom but I knew she would be pissed. It's semi-her fault, though. She moved my spaghetti with tofu ricotta from the tupperware I put it in to a ceramic dish so she knew it was my thing and I just thought she ate my stuff and whatever was in there was her thing and then it got pissed and started to come after us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Fee wrote:
It was really incredible. I would have shown my mom but I knew she would be pissed. It's semi-her fault, though. She moved my spaghetti with tofu ricotta from the tupperware I put it in to a ceramic dish so she knew it was my thing and I just thought she ate my stuff and whatever was in there was her thing and then it got pissed and started to come after us.

There is a soy yogurt container at the back of my fridge that I'm 100% sure does not have soy yogurt, but some dinner creation we made in January. The mould hasn't yet sprouted out so I'll hold off for something like your impressive creation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm 
Semen Strong

vijita wrote:
the couple wanted everything vegetarian to be made vegan, for no reason other than they had one vegan in attendance. For a massive wedding, I thought that was pretty nice.

This is the sweetest! And the food sounds really yum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I poop at work so much since my normal morning routine has been shaken up by my 'ship with Older Man. Public bathroom poops for life!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 pm 
Inflexitarian

Public bathroom poops are the best. For me though, it's mostly an effort to minimize how much toilet paper I need to actually pay for at home.

I... I might possibly be a bit cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I got oreos! I got oreos! So excited I ate a full packet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

vijita wrote:
I worked a wedding last night and it was really refreshing. An older couple, perfectly respectful (and not too hammered) guests, nice acoustic live music. But the best part was that for once, I could actually take part in the caterers' offer of eating some leftover food! They did serve meat, but they also had a beet and hazelnut salad, couscous salad, green salad with a vegan avocado dressing, roasted veggies, roasted baby potatoes, seared spicy green beans, and fresh bread. Oh and a nice fruit salad. When I was quizzing the caterer about what I could eat, he let me know that the couple wanted everything vegetarian to be made vegan, for no reason other than they had one vegan in attendance. For a massive wedding, I thought that was pretty nice.

How great of them to do that!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

creep wrote:
Our lease doesn't end until June 1, and we told our roommate mid-February that we were buying a house. Apparently he was super dramatic about it when our friend visited the other day, even though he's been fine with us.

Her: "Have you looked at any apartments yet?"
Him: "I don't have a solution yet."
Her: "What do you think you're going to do?"
Him: "I don't think there is a solution."

Cause there are no apartments in the entire city? And four months isn't enough notice? Or he thought we'd live together forever? I don't get it.

There are a lot of nice, reasonable one bedroom apartments in this area alone, so I'm not sure what his deal is.

Maybe he just didn't want to discuss it with that person? That sounds like the kind of thing I might say if someone were asking me about something I didn't want to discuss, especially if they approached me when I wasn't expecting it and/or was stressing out about some unrelated thing, and just wanted to kinda say whatever to get the person to leave me alon about it. It wouldn't necessarily mean that I actually hadn't looked at any apartments, just that I didn't want to have a conversation about it right then, you know? I wouldn't read too much into it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm 
WRETCHED

Tea wrote:
Public bathroom poops are the best. For me though, it's mostly an effort to minimize how much toilet paper I need to actually pay for at home.

Ha! I used to poop at work specifically for that purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

linanil wrote:
Tea wrote:

Ha! I used to poop at work specifically for that purpose.

Yeah, I definitely do that.

I'm a little bummed with the fellowship situation, but I'm doing my best to stay positive. I'm looking for a new job, my boyfriend is also looking for a new job, and once we're stabilized, we're going to look for a place to live together. So, I'm excited about that, and I kind of wish that all the new job stuff would hurry the heck up so that we can get to the looking for a place! I'm very impatient.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331 ... 1861  Next