| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332 ... 1848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I had a great weekend, mostly because I went to a motorgymkhana event and it was really fun to "play" with the motorbike. I didn't suck at it as I thought I would and noticed I made progression during the event.

(motogymkhana is sort of a handling competition that started in Japan and if you are really good it can be like this http://youtu.be/jHtraK9dhO8 )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Whee ranting about distinctions in connotation between "author" and "auctor" to anybody who will and won't listen (I'm not picky). Why do people feel the need to update middle english spellings without actually translating the spirit of what was written. This is a thing the PPK definitely needed to hear about.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just got our first door-to-door scammy solicitation since we moved here nine months ago. We used to get those things several times a week in Tampa, or just people asking to mow our grass or do various other jobs for us, and those have-some-religion people. Feels like home again! Ugh.

Last edited by creep on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Fee wrote:
You guys. Last night I discovered something molding in the refrigerator. But wait! It gets better!

The mold was literally escaping from the container! It had like..sprouted and was reaching up up up.

Doesn't this belong in the should I eat this thread?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:
I poop at work so much since my normal morning routine has been shaken up by my 'ship with Older Man. Public bathroom poops for life!

I do that too. I can't poop in front of my guy still - it's been 4 months, I should really be over it by now. He has no problem doing so in front of me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

When I had this job I hated I always waited to poop until I was at work, not because I was hiding it from anyone, but because I wanted an excuse to leave my desk for several minutes. :/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I felt perfectly fine all day today, and then when I started to clean the house tonight I got sudden intense stomach cramps. I have decided that this is a sign that housework is bad for me and I just shouldn't do it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I happened to have all of the ingredients for chickpea cutlets and lemony roasted potatoes in my kitchen so that's what's for dinner! So excited.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm 
And you never will.

I was so tired today from staying up all last night with a vomiting toddler, that I forgot that today was my 5 year vegan anniversary! It's okay, because I ate gobi manchurian and masala dosa for dinner, which is pretty much my favorite food ever, so it's like I was celebrating before I even remembered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm so sick that I can't even find the im so sick thread. Im sick as a dog. What does that mean, really? My dogs look great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

but wouldn't y'all be embarrassed of work poop smell? i don't always have very stinky poos, but when i do, i am SO embarrassed of people smelling those smells because, in my mind, they know i was the culprit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

poopiebitch wrote:
I was so tired today from staying up all last night with a vomiting toddler, that I forgot that today was my 5 year vegan anniversary! It's okay, because I ate gobi manchurian and masala dosa for dinner, which is pretty much my favorite food ever, so it's like I was celebrating before I even remembered.

Happy Veganniversary!!! Congratulations! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Now that I'm finally finished working and ready to go to bed, I'm wide awake. Damnit.

I wish I had chickpea cutlets and lemony roasted potatoes for dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

chouettes crêpes wrote:
but wouldn't y'all be embarrassed of work poop smell? i don't always have very stinky poos, but when i do, i am SO embarrassed of people smelling those smells because, in my mind, they know i was the culprit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:12 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

It's the last week of the marking period, which means loads of work for me as students panic and try to get stuff in. I have a regular Tuesday night social thing I like to do, and I refuse to not attend just because of students suddenly giving a crepe about their grades. So, I have stayed up late taking care of all this junk, and now I am SO READY to go to bed, but I need to put a file from my computer onto my thumb drive... which is in a folio underneath my cat. She just looks SO HAPPY and SO ASLEEP that I don't want to disturb her, but oh man, I want to go to bed.

Life is so hard, guys. SO HARD.

I'm trying to use brain rays to make her roll over, but so far, no luck.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Ha! I managed everything I wanted to last night, including two loads of laundry AND mopping the floor, and I didn't turn on the computer at all! And to make it even better, my boyfriend came over unexpectedly, so there were cuddles. I went from not being able to sleep with someone else in my bed (after about 9 years of sleeping alone) to absolutely loving sleeping next to him. Awwww.
And today I go over to his place! This started as a fwb thing, and now we don't seem to be able to stay away from each other for long. Tomorrow night I will see another friend and I already know I will miss him lots. *sparklyeyes*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 am 
WRETCHED

chouettes crêpes wrote:

Make sure no one is in the bathroom, poop quick and if someone enters the bathroom, wait until they are in a stall before you leave.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

chouettes crêpes wrote:

The one I use is a public restroom...like, it's on the first floor of Smith Hall, which is a very busy area with students and faculty mulling around all the time. So basically, it always smells like shiitake in there, so my poop smells are the least of my worries. I do try to have quiet poops though. Whatever, though, yeah...everybody poops.

Louzilla wrote:
Now that I'm finally finished working and ready to go to bed, I'm wide awake. Damnit.

I wish I had chickpea cutlets and lemony roasted potatoes for dinner.

I hate when that happens. And they were SO TASTY!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My office is on the second floor with a bathroom right around the corner, but I have a co-worker who weirdly goes all the way downstairs to poop. Way out of his way. And everybody knows he goes down there to poop, and he's gone for AGES, so I'm not sure what he thinks he's hiding by going downstairs. Sometimes he even calls me to tell me he's going to the bathroom, and to watch the phones while he's gone (thanks dude). Maybe he feels there's more anonymity in the bathroom down there because he's pretty sure he won't run into anyone he works with? So weird.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

linanil wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

Make sure no one is in the bathroom, poop quick and if someone enters the bathroom, wait until they are in a stall before you leave.

this was my tactic when i worked in an office, but every once in a while someone would come into the bathroom just as i was getting ready to go, and we would enter into a game of office-poop chicken. we would both sit silently in our respective stalls, doing nothing, waiting for the other person to leave so we could get down to business. sometimes i would pull up my drawers and pretend to make copies at the copier outside the bathroom until the other person came out, so i could try again. i counted that as a win, because if there was a smell, that person would always know that i knew that it was her smell. pwned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am 
WELFARIST!

acr wrote:
linanil wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

this was my tactic when i worked in an office, but every once in a while someone would come into the bathroom just as i was getting ready to go, and we would enter into a game of office-poop chicken. we would both sit silently in our respective stalls, doing nothing, waiting for the other person to leave so we could get down to business. sometimes i would pull up my drawers and pretend to make copies at the copier outside the bathroom until the other person came out, so i could try again. i counted that as a win, because if there was a smell, that person would always know that i knew that it was her smell. pwned.

Yeah, I was always a stealth pooper. I'd never just go into a can and plop my asparagus down for #2. I needed to go to the corner stall of the least-used basement washroom that was for staff only and hopefully, no one would be in there. I need poop privacy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Last night Older Man came over and helped me hang all of my pictures on the walls and my apartment finally feels like home! Also, super sweet of him. Also, I told him about how I wanted to paint my bookshelves all different colors and he thought it was a great idea and suggested that I use colors from my book spines and then we picked out all of the colors together and made sure they don't clash with my couch. He is basically the greatest.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:33 am 
WELFARIST!

^Awww...that's adorbs! I love the idea of matching the colors to your book spines. I read a neat poem once where the writer was writing about how she arranged her books on her bookshelves according to how she'd seat the writers of each work at a dinner party.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I know, isn't he brilliant and adorable? And I want to read that poem! What a cool idea :)

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332 ... 1848  Next