| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

DarthCupcake wrote:
It's the last week of the marking period, which means loads of work for me as students panic and try to get stuff in. I have a regular Tuesday night social thing I like to do, and I refuse to not attend just because of students suddenly giving a crepe about their grades. So, I have stayed up late taking care of all this junk, and now I am SO READY to go to bed, but I need to put a file from my computer onto my thumb drive... which is in a folio underneath my cat. She just looks SO HAPPY and SO ASLEEP that I don't want to disturb her, but oh man, I want to go to bed.

Life is so hard, guys. SO HARD.

I'm trying to use brain rays to make her roll over, but so far, no luck.

I had this exact dilemma yesterday with our tax forms. I just let her be. Cats want you to procrastinate/never sleep/give them paper products to sleep on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:12 pm 
Impressive boner

I haven't written a song in about six months (how time flies!) and I'm trying to get back into it. My practice 'song doodles' are awful. I hope I can get all of the terrible, crappy couplets and rubbish chord progressions out before committing myself to a tune!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

8ball wrote:
I haven't written a song in about six months (how time flies!) and I'm trying to get back into it. My practice 'song doodles' are awful. I hope I can get all of the terrible, crappy couplets and rubbish chord progressions out before committing myself to a tune!

Solidarity!! This is me right now too! I took a songwriting class that ended up being really crappy and it killed my creativity for months, so I'm trying to get it back write now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm 
Impressive boner

Lets get flexing those songwriting muscles!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Tea wrote:
Public bathroom poops are the best. For me though, it's mostly an effort to minimize how much toilet paper I need to actually pay for at home.

I... I might possibly be a bit cheap.

Hah, I went a few years without ever buying any TP because I used to grab it from my work offices storage closet during graveyard shift.

Now pooping not in my house sucks because theres no bidet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Eugh, Ive been in forking vegas for 11 days now for back to back jobs. Thats way too much time in this awful city (Vegas was fun the first 50 times I came here)

I go home tonight and it cant be soon enough

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

A man near me at work is eating something that smells like hot poop sprinkled with parmesan cheese. He has also been snorting and horking all day. I am trying to keep my (much better than his) lunch down.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

allularpunk wrote:
Last night Older Man came over and helped me hang all of my pictures on the walls and my apartment finally feels like home! Also, super sweet of him. Also, I told him about how I wanted to paint my bookshelves all different colors and he thought it was a great idea and suggested that I use colors from my book spines and then we picked out all of the colors together and made sure they don't clash with my couch. He is basically the greatest.

Aww! And, this is a really cool idea. I've seen bookshelves organized by color instead of alphabetically, which I'm too neurotic to do, but I love the idea of a really visually pleasing bookshelf.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yesterday my BFF told me she got an abnormal pap call from her doctor and she's kind of freaking out. I was being all Mr. Don't Worry It's Super Common and You'll Be Fine but secretly I'm a bit scurred. BLAH.

So there's that and today's kind of anxiety day. My crush has a job interview for something amazing and I'm nervous for him, and also later tonight he has an OKC date. Feelings!

And my dog fell ALL THE WAY down the hard wood stairs last night. She's acting totally fine but it triggered way too much adrenaline and now I'm all messed up. And she has fleas again even though I gave her advantage a month ago.

Time for some Brideshead Revisited.

Edit: AND my friend keeps posting pics on FB of LA where she is currently on vacation. I love LA so much and want to go back. GRUMPY MARS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

vijita wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
It's the last week of the marking period, which means loads of work for me as students panic and try to get stuff in. I have a regular Tuesday night social thing I like to do, and I refuse to not attend just because of students suddenly giving a crepe about their grades. So, I have stayed up late taking care of all this junk, and now I am SO READY to go to bed, but I need to put a file from my computer onto my thumb drive... which is in a folio underneath my cat. She just looks SO HAPPY and SO ASLEEP that I don't want to disturb her, but oh man, I want to go to bed.

Life is so hard, guys. SO HARD.

I'm trying to use brain rays to make her roll over, but so far, no luck.

I had this exact dilemma yesterday with our tax forms. I just let her be. Cats want you to procrastinate/never sleep/give them paper products to sleep on.

My jerk cat has taken to climbing onto my shoulder for a nap about fifteen minutes before I have to wake up. Such an enabler to sleeping in!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I like my new glasses and I'm getting used to them, but damn, they are not a forking bird toy!

Molly will not stop trying to perch on them, pull them off, chew on them, use them as a ladder, or licking the lenses. It is so aggravating. She also likes sticking her head up under the lenses and poking me in the eye with her beak.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
Cats want you to procrastinate/never sleep/give them paper products to sleep on.

What is with cats and laying on paper!? My cats loves the texture of paper on top of a blanket.

I'm eating nachos and drinking rootbeer in a study hall way and I just forgot where I was and buuuurped.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
I like my new glasses and I'm getting used to them, but damn, they are not a forking bird toy!

Molly will not stop trying to perch on them, pull them off, chew on them, use them as a ladder, or licking the lenses. It is so aggravating. She also likes sticking her head up under the lenses and poking me in the eye with her beak.

Silly human, thinking your glasses are to correct your vision. It's a good thing you have a bird who knows they are actually for her entertainment.

Is she not used to seeing you in glasses or are they just so different from your old ones that she is intrigued by them?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So when the fork are they going to announce school closings. I a, going to be so pissed off if they wait until 5am to announce the obvious. If weather is bad, I'll have to leave my house at 4:10am and dig my car out of snow. Then turn around right before I get on 95.

Of course, they could be ridiculous and try to not cancel because it's a brand new person making these decisions and parents were pissed about the 2 hr delay we had a month ago.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 am 
Discovered unobtainium

So the crassholes apparently programmed everything to announce closure at 4:30:00 since it was spammed out everywhere n the millidot. They probably decided that being the only/last to close woud make them look thoughtful and cautious and like they were sweating the forecasts. Instead, they've pissed off thousands of parents and made themselves look like fidiots.

Anyway, snow is no longer fun: transformer behind us just blew. I'm guessing we will be without power for quite a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 am 
Semen Strong

I am sorry LW, hope you can stay warm and dry and ride it out uneventfully.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 am 
Seagull of the PPK

ok, this is trivial but, really, what the fizzle.

why do Certain Unnamed Computer Users feel the need to belittle others based on their non-use of said Blessed And Most Holy System? I have a coworker i've been collaborating with for over a year. After a YEAR his email (from said Blessed Platform) still sends my email to junk. Documents are always lost, and when I asked him today if Blessed Platform doesn't allow him to create a white list, his response was "no, it's so intuitive I don't have to. If you use a garbage system that's your problem". I mean, really, what a douche! I have a hard time believing that Blessed System is programmed so that anything from a gmail account is Too Sinful to enter the inbox!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 am 
Ninja Master

I realised today that when I eat jelly tots I eat all the green ones, then the yellow ones, then purple, then orange then red. I would do this with starburst too if they weren't in a tube.

Does anyone else do this or am I a freak?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 am 
WRETCHED

We actually didn't get a lot of snow but my inlaws emailed to say they got about 8 inches and it was still going. They are in the western edges of NoVa.

I'm trying to work up the energy to make some chickpea noodle soup. My husband went to the korean market last night and got me soba noodles. I fear though that if I make it, I won't eat it as I really have to be in the right mindset to eat noodles and mornings generally don't fare well with me and solid food.

So I might drink some broth this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Heh. I just applied for a really cool (unpaid, but still REALLY cool) position, and THEN, after I'd sent the application off, I found something amazing that I should have included. Which I can't submit as an afterthought, because that would be bad form. *sigh* Oh well. Next time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Phoenix wrote:
Heh. I just applied for a really cool (unpaid, but still REALLY cool) position, and THEN, after I'd sent the application off, I found something amazing that I should have included. Which I can't submit as an afterthought, because that would be bad form. *sigh* Oh well. Next time.

Can you resubmit the application and just say "resubmitted due to accidental omission"? Or something?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Can you resubmit the application and just say "resubmitted due to accidental omission"? Or something?

That's possible? Wouldn't it look bad?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh well, I decided it was worth the try.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Now I'm petrified.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Phoenix wrote:
Moon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

That's possible? Wouldn't it look bad?

I've read articles that said things like "if you notice your résumé has a spelling error on it, send it again saying it has been updated". With an application I suppose it's a bit different but chances are they'll have so many that if they see one from you and then a "revised" one from you they'll ditch the first one before it even really gets looked at.

But it might depend on how their application system works - is it just something you emailed or do you enter information in a form online and it goes directly in their application system sort of thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333 ... 1872  Next