| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I just got a message that begins "I see that you are a vegan lover." Why, yes. Yes, I am.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have been craving pizza since Middle English Prof bought the entire class pizza last week and I couldn't have any. To make matters worse, astro prof also bought class pizza on Friday. How unreasonable would it be to make a special trip to Whole Foods just for pizza?

Note: It is finals week and I need to do laundry and pack for London

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

I hate waiting for packages. I keep checking the shipping status and tracking numbers and it's driving me crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:45 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

zwingtip wrote:
I have been craving pizza since Middle English Prof bought the entire class pizza last week and I couldn't have any. To make matters worse, astro prof also bought class pizza on Friday. How unreasonable would it be to make a special trip to Whole Foods just for pizza?

How long would a trip take? I tend to think it's worth it, particularly since it's finals week and you have a lot to do and are probably stressing. It's good to treat yourself. Also: PIZZA. I see pizza and I get pretty uncontrollable cravings. Hell, just having this conversation is making me think about stopping by Whole Foods on the way home...

Some days, classes go really well and I think that I am so happy in my career. I am teaching "V for Vendetta" right now and my students love it. They keep asking when we will get to read more, and is it okay if they read ahead, and they are pretty into everything going on during class. I wish the rest of the year could be like this!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

DarthCupcake wrote:
zwingtip wrote:

How long would a trip take? I tend to think it's worth it, particularly since it's finals week and you have a lot to do and are probably stressing. It's good to treat yourself. Also: PIZZA. I see pizza and I get pretty uncontrollable cravings. Hell, just having this conversation is making me think about stopping by Whole Foods on the way home...

10-15 minutes each way by bike depending on traffic. You have been suitably convincing. Leaving now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I keep seeing adverts for the Suede album and immediately thinking of zwingtip and interrobang?!
My internet life is more interesting than my real life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm 

My friends had triplets a while back and are now selling their home to move somewhere larger (rational, as they live in a small condo). I glanced at the listing picture and saw the three cribs all lined up in the kid room and had one of those brief moments of clarity of "holy hell, they have THREE BABIES AT ONCE." That is so many babies. SO MANY. And she gave birth to THREE BABIES IN ONE SESSION. That is a lot of giving birth. Oh my god.

It's things like surprise triplets that make me never want to get pregnant because oh my god.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm 
Mediocre Tart

jogirl wrote:
I keep seeing adverts for the Suede album and immediately thinking of zwingtip and interrobang?!

i have never seen a Suede advert!!! My life sucks! I preordered the album but I don't have it yet, WAAAHHHHH!!!!

Zwingtip if you have it already imma kill you.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

The weather is doing nasty, horrible things right now, with crazy wind and snow and bleh. And Mr Moon is driving home. I told him to hang out at his parents place for a while but noooooo. I'm going to be a worried mess until he gets here :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

interrobang?! wrote:
jogirl wrote:

i have never seen a Suede advert!!! My life sucks! I preordered the album but I don't have it yet, WAAAHHHHH!!!!

Zwingtip if you have it already imma kill you.

It arrived at boyfriend's house like three days ago! (don'thurtmeweareondifferentcontinenets) Does this count as having it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

DarthCupcake wrote:
My friends had triplets a while back and are now selling their home to move somewhere larger (rational, as they live in a small condo). I glanced at the listing picture and saw the three cribs all lined up in the kid room and had one of those brief moments of clarity of "holy hell, they have THREE BABIES AT ONCE." That is so many babies. SO MANY. And she gave birth to THREE BABIES IN ONE SESSION. That is a lot of giving birth. Oh my god.

It's things like surprise triplets that make me never want to get pregnant because oh my god.

I'm assuming I know who you're talking about and haven't seen those pics or that news, but I've seen other pics and cRAZY

I came on to say that this weekend has been like super crazy. It was FCNL's spring lobby weeken which was centered around climate change this time so a bunch of us planned to go down. We got stuck in the megabus from hell on the way down with a 9 hr breakdown so we didn't get in until 3am. K and I are going back for work tomorrow am and I got an email saying that our overnight bus was cancelled so now we're taking a 3:15 am train back from dc that will only get us back three hours late.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm 

lillianp wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

I'm assuming I know who you're talking about and haven't seen those pics or that news, but I've seen other pics and cRAZY

YES just oh my god. I would not know how to even begin to cope because THREE BABIES AT ONCE. Even one baby is so much work and money and exhaustion. They are amazing people. But oh my god I am so scared of that.

Quote:
I came on to say that this weekend has been like super crazy. It was FCNL's spring lobby weeken which was centered around climate change this time so a bunch of us planned to go down. We got stuck in the megabus from hell on the way down with a 9 hr breakdown so we didn't get in until 3am. K and I are going back for work tomorrow am and I got an email saying that our overnight bus was cancelled so now we're taking a 3:15 am train back from dc that will only get us back three hours late.

Holy crepe! I hope nothing goes wrong with the train. That is some hellish traveling!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have some baby arugula in the fridge, and every time I see it I start singing "Baby Beluga" in my head, replacing beluga with arugula. It's so annoying, but I can't stop doing it. I woke up with it stuck my head at about 2 in the morning today and it just would not stop. I now hate both Raffi and salad greens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

pandacookie wrote:
ashley wrote:
I will not get scared and back down. I will not!

Oh yes you can. Once more unto the breech!

Yeah, so I backed down.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I have some baby arugula in the fridge, and every time I see it I start singing "Baby Beluga" in my head, replacing beluga with arugula. It's so annoying, but I can't stop doing it. I woke up with it stuck my head at about 2 in the morning today and it just would not stop. I now hate both Raffi and salad greens.

Kids' music is the bestworst for constant-head-sticking-ness. I wake up with this stuck in my head every single morning, without fail:

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I can't believe the Stevesongs guy is still around. My little cousin had one of his cds probably 11 or 12 years ago. I was subjected to many, many repetitions of a song about mushrooms growing between his toes. It was in my head for years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I got my mom a copy of Appetite for Reduction, and she has been cooking from it a whole lot and she (and my dad!) are loving it.
It warms my vegan heart!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 am 

Whenever my roots start to seriously grow in (like they are right now), I question whether or not to stick with black or to go to platinum blonde like I had a few years ago.

Apparently, I'm incapable of middle ground.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Dilemma of the day: the canteen has two options I could eat! Lentil stew, or tortilla with tofu and guacamole. Or the usual salad.
What do I do????

Tonight we'll have pizza, so...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 am 

I almost always default to the Mexican option soooooo tofu tortilla!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Ah, unfortunately the tortillas had cheese on top, so I went with the lentils. They were delicious! And I had fries on the side.

Now the only remaining problem is that yesterday I watched The Meaning of Life and I have a song stuck in mind, and it's totally inappropriate for work so I need to be careful not to start singing "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good"...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am 

Boo to cheesey tofu! That's lame.

I am so incredibly tired today. Was up late with TV and didn't sleep well. And today is going to be a long day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ashley wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
ashley wrote:
I will not get scared and back down. I will not!

Oh yes you can. Once more unto the breech!

Yeah, so I backed down.

Nooooooo. Try again today!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:49 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just had to drive about 25 miles for something really pointless that that ended up taking nearly two hours because I got lost because someone didn't save my picture in the right folder on HR's system for work. Then, I got home to find a letter reminding my that I'm on a fixed term contract and that I might be unemployed again in three months. WOO!

At least I can claim back the mileage.

OH AND ALSO two colleagues are encouraging me to start training as a teacher again, which is incredibly amazeballs. It was something I tried but had a breakdown about because I was teaching the wrong level at a school I hated in a town I didn't like and was unable to keep up with the work, and my mentor's reaction to this was to give me more work, so I gave it up. It looks like I can have another go by taking a different route into teaching! And I'm being encouraged! By teachers who think I can do it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i didn't have any coffee yesterday because i was sick, and so far today i've had about half a cup, and i can feel my teeth. i forgot that caffeine can be awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 1861  Next