| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1825  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I got a statement from Eden Foods, for anyone who's interested:

Quote:
Hi Liza, Michael Potter and Eden Foods have offered a challenge to regulations of the “Affordable Care Act” that forces individuals to violate their religious beliefs by funding contraception, sterilization, abortion, and abortifacients, as well as counseling for individuals that encourages them.

Thomas Jefferson, a Founding Father, principal author of the Declaration of Independence, and our third president, when describing the construct of our Constitution proclaimed, “No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of civil authority.”

The HHS Mandate violates the free exercise of religion and freedom of speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, the Religious Freedom Act, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and the Administrative Procedure Act.

We are bringing this action to vindicate not only our own
rights, but also to protect the rights of all Americans who care about our Constitutional guarantees of free exercise of religion and their freedom of speech.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
I get the runs when I'm nervous!

Also, got a mirror put on my car, finally. That was a good two years without one. Maybe more. I mean, I still can't see out of it because whoever hit it (and then ran, awesome!) broke the mechanism for adjusting it, but it's there! Distracting me with its shininess!

Opening the window and adjusting manually is not a option?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

pastabake wrote:
I got a statement from Eden Foods, for anyone who's interested:

Quote:
Hi Liza, Michael Potter and Eden Foods have offered a challenge to regulations of the “Affordable Care Act” that forces individuals to violate their religious beliefs by funding contraception, sterilization, abortion, and abortifacients, as well as counseling for individuals that encourages them.

Thomas Jefferson, a Founding Father, principal author of the Declaration of Independence, and our third president, when describing the construct of our Constitution proclaimed, “No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of civil authority.”

The HHS Mandate violates the free exercise of religion and freedom of speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, the Religious Freedom Act, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and the Administrative Procedure Act.

We are bringing this action to vindicate not only our own
rights, but also to protect the rights of all Americans who care about our Constitutional guarantees of free exercise of religion and their freedom of speech.

I don't understand how the government funding contraception, abortion, etc, interferes with anyone's right to practice their religion. Or am I reading that wrong?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Moon wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Also, got a mirror put on my car, finally. That was a good two years without one. Maybe more. I mean, I still can't see out of it because whoever hit it (and then ran, awesome!) broke the mechanism for adjusting it, but it's there! Distracting me with its shininess!

It's not that kind. It's got some fancypants mechanical thingamajig that you control with a button inside the car. The casing is locked into place and just the mirror moves around. It is so stupid. Also, the official mirrors (I have a GD volvo, and I hate it if you can't tell) are like $70 each (just the mirror part! not the casing!) because they're heated. So I just had a glass place cut me a mirror and glue it to the inside. Not adjustable, but it'll pass inspection! And I saved 40 bucks.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 pm 

They think that being required to offer employees health care that covers birth control violates their religious freedom. And they aren't being forced to cover abortion, as far as I know (and I think I'd know because I bet there'd be a huge fuss about it), but think that things like IUDs and Plan B cause abortions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm sure the people who cry about this would be fine working for Jehovah's Witnesses who might bar coverage of things like blood transfusions. And organ transplants? Who needs those? Some religions don't allow them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
Moon wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

It's not that kind. It's got some fancypants mechanical thingamajig that you control with a button inside the car. The casing is locked into place and just the mirror moves around. It is so stupid. Also, the official mirrors (I have a GD volvo, and I hate it if you can't tell) are like $70 each (just the mirror part! not the casing!) because they're heated. So I just had a glass place cut me a mirror and glue it to the inside. Not adjustable, but it'll pass inspection! And I saved 40 bucks.

Ah ok - that is lame!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm 
WRETCHED

I wrote on the Eden Food's FB page and my FB settings must be funky because my sister in law found the comment! (and liked it). Although I come from a large Catholic family, there are very few of them on FB that would potentially take issue with my comment but I don't think my 90 your old great aunt will magically jump to Eden Foods defense.

And you know what peas me off the most is that if we had true universal healthcare, we wouldn't be having these kinds of issues.

Last edited by linanil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I replaced the element in my oven myself. Seriously beaming with pride. I love that I seem to be getting back my independent, self-reliant streak.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Good for you, daisychain!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm getting me a fake mustache and a luchador mask. I'll wear them together if I can, with a pretty dress and some high heels. Bam!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

allularpunk wrote:
Good for you, daisychain!

Thanks! So proud! Feel I can take on the world again especially since people at work basically told me I shouldn't do it because I'm not an electrician/a man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

8ball wrote:
I'm getting me a fake mustache and a luchador mask. I'll wear them together if I can, with a pretty dress and some high heels. Bam!

Everyone at work things I'm totally weird for wishing I could grow a badass beard. I would rock it with a dress and heels too! Living vicariously through you!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 pm 
Dead by dawn

I am so over this day. No one at work is doing their futhermucking job. Grrr...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

So someone posted a status on fb (a friend of a friend) "what do I make my profile picture if I'm against queers?"

I'm ... I mean I know there's a scathing insult there but I just can't think of it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Fee wrote:
So someone posted a status on fb (a friend of a friend) "what do I make my profile picture if I'm against queers?"

I'm ... I mean I know there's a scathing insult there but I just can't think of it

Can you reply with a picture of a horse's asparagus?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Gulliver wrote:
~ Cœurs d'artichaut grillés with a drizzling of grievance unresolved
~ Spanish olives marinated with mixed herbs and mixed feelings.

This is forking great.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm so bored. Thought about baking cookies or even going to a movie, but decided I don't have the energy.

I guess I could rent a movie, but, bah. I could grade papers, I guess, but I do t really feel like wasting my time on that. I'm caught up on my real grading. This is just a five inch pile of hastily done shoddy crepe from kids who won't do anything until they were threatened with detention. Most of it is just copied from other kids or only partially completed.

I hate not energy for anything. Momentum gets me through work had then I crash as soon as I get home, but when I'm. It working, I don't seem able to get the momentum going.

I guess having a week off is over rated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 pm 

JOB ADVICE:
I'm applying for a job. They want contact info for 3 references. I have one former job that's super relevant to the one I'm applying for now, and I want to use that boss as a reference. BUT, I left that job almost 2 years ago and I haven't used it as a reference since because I've been in school and using school people for references. When I left this former job was told I was welcome to use them for references.

SO: I emailed the boss yesterday asking her if I could use her, and I haven't heard back yet. Everything else is ready to go, and it's a time-sensitive thing so I really want to submit it asap. Am I allowed to go ahead and send it in?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I survived talking on the radio! Now for a bath and a glass of wine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pastabake wrote:
JOB ADVICE:
I'm applying for a job. They want contact info for 3 references. I have one former job that's super relevant to the one I'm applying for now, and I want to use that boss as a reference. BUT, I left that job almost 2 years ago and I haven't used it as a reference since because I've been in school and using school people for references. When I left this former job was told I was welcome to use them for references.

SO: I emailed the boss yesterday asking her if I could use her, and I haven't heard back yet. Everything else is ready to go, and it's a time-sensitive thing so I really want to submit it asap. Am I allowed to go ahead and send it in?

I would send it but try calling the old boss ASAP and apologize for not getting the ok but that it was time sensitive. Previous bosses of mine have been fine with this and I've had previous employees do this also.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I would use it and then email them to explain that you used them because of time issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I am just so sad for people who don't know what hummus and falafel are. They're so delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I still don't get people liking every status on fb, no matter what the content. My mom just posted that her elderly aunt was in a car accident and has fractured ribs, and 2 people "liked" it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I still don't get people liking every status on fb, no matter what the content. My mom just posted that her elderly aunt was in a car accident and has fractured ribs, and 2 people "liked" it.

That's the worst! people are so weird. facebook really needs to make a frowny face button, so at least people can respond appropriately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1825  Next