| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1364, 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Fee wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
daisychain wrote:
I went through all those stresses too. Took me 2 months after I got the loan to get over the fact that I had to get a loan out. Just keep telling yourself that the worst they can say is no. If they do then they do. Your next approach will be to ask them how much they would be willing to give you.

I'm mostly worried about not being able to get another job to cover the payments, but also my credit isn't great (student loans out the wazoo), so. I will feel a lot better once I just get an answer.

I don't know if your bank is different but this is one of the things I was worried about with getting a loan on my house and was very reassured that its basically their job to analyze my financial situation to make sure I can make those payments. If I made $1600/month and my rent is $1600? No, they will not loan me money because I can't pay them back.

So worst case scenario probably is that they say no and you have to reevaluate.

Well, if it's based on that and not altogether my credit, I should be ok. Since I just quit that other job, I still have paychecks to deposit from them tomorrow (so it still looks like I have that job, I mean) and I will just cross my crazy fingers that I'm able to get another job quick quick quick to make those payments! I don't feel comfortable lying about not having that income at this exact moment, but I do have a little bit of savings (enough for a first payment anyway) and am confident that I will find something else soon. Filling out applications tomorrow!

I'm feeling the dreaded bums. I hate this feeling. I've felt like I needed a hug all day and was really looking forward to dinner with my guy, but someone didn't show up to work, so he has to cover for a little while. I know I can definitely go a night (or a few nights!) without seeing him, but I just get bummed out when plans change. Also, I still need that hug.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am avoiding facebook because yet another person has some desperate need for my counsel about how they can get established in my field and take jobs from me. Also, this person is friends with the ex-friend-flake-lady who went psycho on me last year and I can only imagine what flaky lady has told her about me.

And i'm avoiding my other forum because it turns out that there are maybe 10 or 15 posting-multiple-times-daily members there but three of these members have a dozen or more accounts and personas. For a long time a few of them were suspect but now it's becoming clear that many, many of these personas go way way back and nobody suspected any weirdness. I mean, it's the internet, so you could be whomever you want to be, and the site is really not modded at all. Except..... one of the multiple personality creeps is a stalker type guy who stalked my IRL friend IRL-- even worse, one of his personas was somebody who i thought was really cool. bummer.

So I guess it's back to work for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

madeleine.teacup wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
One of my netflix categories today is "Movies starring Fruits, Vegetables, and Fungi". I so hope this is a real category created by my taste preferences and not an April Fools joke.

That is awesome!

One of mine was "Movies Featuring an Epic Nicolas Cage Meltdown," which is actually kind of embarrassingly relevant to my interests. I totally hope they are getting really specialized with their recommendations.

Yes! I love his sleazy puppy dog schtick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

torque wrote:
i am avoiding facebook because yet another person has some desperate need for my counsel about how they can get established in my field and take jobs from me. Also, this person is friends with the ex-friend-flake-lady who went psycho on me last year and I can only imagine what flaky lady has told her about me.

And i'm avoiding my other forum because it turns out that there are maybe 10 or 15 posting-multiple-times-daily members there but three of these members have a dozen or more accounts and personas. For a long time a few of them were suspect but now it's becoming clear that many, many of these personas go way way back and nobody suspected any weirdness. I mean, it's the internet, so you could be whomever you want to be, and the site is really not modded at all. Except..... one of the multiple personality creeps is a stalker type guy who stalked my IRL friend IRL-- even worse, one of his personas was somebody who i thought was really cool. bummer.

So I guess it's back to work for me.

Next time, come Skype at me! I'm going to sleep in a minute but I would love to chat with you soon! <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 am 
Seagull of the PPK

thanks CQ, next time i shall.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 am 

Today is the day I find out about my car loan. Positive vibes and good energy are welcomely accepted!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am 
WELFARIST!

Good luck, allularpunk!

I used a super old banana in my smoothie this morning and it tastes a bit poison-y. Mid freckled bananas only next time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:28 am 
Ninja Master

I just accidentally signed a work email "Kind regards, Sarah?"

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Doh.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:33 am 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Good luck, allularpunk!

I used a super old banana in my smoothie this morning and it tastes a bit poison-y. Mid freckled bananas only next time.

Thank you! Poison-y smoothies are a no no! Do you freeze your smoothie bananas? I usually peel them, break them in half, and then throw them in a big freezer bag once they start to get all freckled. That way, too, you don't need to use ice. Not that I'm a smoothie expert or anything, just throwing it out there :)

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, so I totally just "motivated" a student into doing something she needs for graduation by pointing out that if she graduates she can afford to buy herself Chanel lip glosses like I have. (she is a model/fashion marketing student so I know she digs this stuff. I have a method to my madness)

Her other teachers have been trying to get her to do this step for the past 2-3 weeks.

I'm sneaky. She thought my showing her the new stuff I got was "girl talk." Now the poor thing is all neatly signed up for the credit recovery program and doesn't know what hit her because I snuck in under her crappy attitude. Hah!

Now if only I could find a ridiculous hook to snare the other three in this class. (I bribed a girl in another class into studying with Chanel Chance samples. For every C- she got, I gave her a sample vial. She figured out that if she studied a little, she could get A's and now she is so pumped to be getting good grades that she is challenging herself to get at least a 95% this quarter and doesn't notice that I'm out of samples.)

Last edited by lavawitch on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 am 
And you never will.

lw, you are an evil genius! <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:56 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I think she just figured out that I conned her into going to talk to people she didn't want to talk to. She is giving me a suspicious look like "wait a minute, you don't usually spend 5 minutes chatting about makeup instead of making me take a quiz I'm going to fail."

I need some successes since most of the students and their families just don't respond to anything (only 2 of my failure letters were returned).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:02 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

James McWilliams is sitting a few feet from me. How to introduce myself?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have no idea, but you must DO IT!!!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am 

I missed my chance. Hopefully he'll be back. I need to be less shy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh man, I know the feeling. I never know how to approach someone in a situation like that.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:35 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm back home with my laptop now and everything seems fixed up. Thanks for helping me yesterday, linalil!

Now, I'm sitting with a Kizzy (my kitty, my little old man) snoozing right under my chin as he MUST get between me and my laptop. So cute!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

After being inspired by Unfuck Your Habitat, I spent the afternoon clearing out, cleaning and organising the bathroom cabinet and chest of drawers. I then took all the books off the bookcase that has stood in my bedroom since the hall was decorated six months ago, moved the case back into the hall where it belongs, cleaned it, then dusted all the books before putting them back. I also managed to cull two carrier bags of books for the charity shop.

I feel inordinately pleased with myself. Tomorrow, I will unfuck the rest of my bedroom!

(edited for spelling)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm looking around thinking, "This place could use a serious unfucking."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Lavawitch, that is amazing! You are brilliant. Those lucky students!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm 
Saggy Butt

baps wrote:
I just accidentally signed a work email "Kind regards, Sarah?"

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Doh.

Hee hee hee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just discovered a facsimile of Emma Darwin's recipe book online. And on page 26, in Charles Darwin's own handwriting, is a recipe for boiled rice. I just had to share that. There's tons of Darwin's other wriitings and notebooks on the same site, but somehow, the recipe is amazing to me. That is all, except that I think that today's Google doodle is amazing.

http://darwin-online.org.uk/content/frameset?itemID=CUL-DAR214.(0-157)&viewtype=image&pageseq=1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm 

My day earlier was needlessly anxious! The loan guy at the bank was so so nice and helpful and explained everything to me really well and I got pre-approved for up to $6k for my car with payments I will actually be able to afford, plus I can pay more than the minimum to get it paid off sooner. So now I can start seriously looking for a car and get it taken care of!

Then! I went around to a couple of places and filled out applications, and at this super high end restaurant I got an interview with the front of house manager on the spot and we spent a half hour talking and it went really, really well. Like, I'm almost positive I'll get the job but I don't want to jinx myself well. We talked about integrity and multitasking and selling the shiitake of food to make more money and he told me that I said the smartest thing he's ever heard anyone say in an interview, in 15 years of interviewing people, and that I could easily make close to $200 a night, and that I was in his top 3 out of 30 applicants, so...that would be awesome. I could pay my car off so quick if I got a job there.

Whee!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

YAY! what a relief!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm 

A helpful suggestion from a family friend:

Quote:
I had an idea for you. What binds a culture? Language! You should compile and create words for Vegans. Call the language - Veganese. Needs not to be a fluent language but one centered around English with insightful woods. Something like the language of Beatniks.

Fold it into a Veganese dictionary that you create and publish. May be a lucrative side venture.

I'll be over here swimming in my pile of vegan money.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1364, 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370 ... 1767  Next