| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372 ... 1768  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I think the people from the house with the mysterious signal light are moving! There was a white van parked in front of their house for several hours yesterday. I couldn't see what they were doing from my house, but I think they were loading furniture in. Today there are some broken chairs left on the curb, and every light in the house is on. Now I'll never solve the mystery!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:22 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I have to clean up three (THREE!!!) spots of cat puke this evening. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just realised I can rest my bike vertically on its handlebars and lean the rear wheel against the wall, freeing up way more closet space. Maybe add a closet rod s-hook for extra stability. It took me a year of living in this apartment to figure this out. This is why I'm not an engineer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I wonder if face-time is really used mostly for faces or if most people just use it for cock-time...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:22 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Fred quit his band yesterday. Which means moving to New York has been taken out of the equation. Seattle/Portland, see you in 6ish months!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm the only person in this office who can truly appreciate a Krispy Kreme donut, and I'm the only person in this office who can't eat them. Actually, that's not true, there are 2 people who are GF. Still, Krispy Kreme needs to work out some vegan options. I think I might cry with joy if they did. And then I'd get really fat from eating them all the time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:10 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ugh. Trevor is a fine artist, and the gallery that shows his paintings in town on a permanent basis is run by the two most arrogant, out-of-touch men. The main owner wears a FLOOR LENGTH mink fur coat around town. He looks like a rich old lady, and people give him the weirdest looks but he is so in his own little I'm-a-fancy-pants world that he doesn't care.
The manager of the shop just purchased his OWN fur coat. He looks ridiculous and delusional as well, waltzing around in this jacket. He also wears as much leather as someone possibly can, including leather pants.
On top of that, the manager is so arrogant when it comes to vegan stuff - T. and I have him on Facebook and he'll sometimes post jackass things like "Butter is better! It's natural! Vegan margarine is crepe!" for no reason.

Basically, they live in this self-created hoity-toity universe where luxury dominates all of the choices they make.

How do I interact with these douches without punching them and ruining Trevor's art career? Ugh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I woke up today with AMAZING vertigo. I don't normally have this problem so this is pretty weird. I feel like Liza Minnelli on Arrested Development listing from port to starboard like a drunkard.

it would seem that running on the treadmill is going to be a non-starter [thankfully today is a work-from-home day this morning].....

i hate getting old, it seems like every day is another betrayal by my body.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

torque wrote:
I woke up today with AMAZING vertigo. I don't normally have this problem so this is pretty weird. I feel like Liza Minnelli on Arrested Development listing from port to starboard like a drunkard.

it would seem that running on the treadmill is going to be a non-starter [thankfully today is a work-from-home day this morning].....

((((hug))))

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:19 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Jeremy Irons on Gay Marriage: "Could a Father Not Marry His Son?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... lp00000009

That's some interesting logic there.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Jeremy Irons! What the hell man, I LOVED YOU.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:55 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Shy Mox wrote:
Jeremy Irons! What the hell man, I LOVED YOU.

I KNOW. *weeps*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:10 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm so damn fed up of winter. It's all sunny outside which is really deceptive, as it's like whoo sun! And then go outside and it's like WOAH cold! The sky is blue and the sun is out and I just want to wear nice dresses and skirts and shorts and stuff!

i live in the wrong country...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mars wrote:
I wonder if face-time is really used mostly for faces or if most people just use it for cock-time...

I usually use it to talk to my family, so...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 am 

vixki wrote:
I'm so damn fed up of winter. It's all sunny outside which is really deceptive, as it's like whoo sun! And then go outside and it's like WOAH cold! The sky is blue and the sun is out and I just want to wear nice dresses and skirts and shorts and stuff!

Same thing is happening here and I HATE IT. Although it's supposed to at least warm up to the 60s starting tomorrow. Hope it stays that way (and gets even warmer). It's like...when will it end? Will it ever end? I think I'm just really spoiled because we had a super early spring last year and it was warm in the beginning of March and I was growing things in my garden and, like, harvesting peas and lettuce and radishes by this time. Winter sucks.

ndpittman wrote:
Mars wrote:

I usually use it to talk to my family, so...

Yeah, me too. When I read the cork time post I got a gross feeling in my tummy, haha.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was just about to make a round of tea (both to kill time and because I wanted a cup of tea) and then remembered that I ran out of soymilk! Goddammit!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:02 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

allularpunk wrote:
vixki wrote:

Same thing is happening here and I HATE IT. Although it's supposed to at least warm up to the 60s starting tomorrow. Hope it stays that way (and gets even warmer). It's like...when will it end? Will it ever end? I think I'm just really spoiled because we had a super early spring last year and it was warm in the beginning of March and I was growing things in my garden and, like, harvesting peas and lettuce and radishes by this time. Winter sucks.

Seriously. It's just been easter which always makes me think of little lambs and birds and sunshine. But I was knee deep in snow on the weekend! I am not sure it's forecast to get any warmer here till the end of April either...
I feel like I've been cold forever. It'd be nice to take a shower one day and NOT feel like I'm freezing, or that my hair will snap off when it's wet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

torque wrote:

If it persists get thee to a physiotherapist/chiropractor/massage therapist and have them do the Epley maneuver. It took me from basically lying down for two months to going for a bike ride that very day!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

paprikapapaya wrote:
Ugh. Trevor is a fine artist, and the gallery that shows his paintings in town on a permanent basis is run by the two most arrogant, out-of-touch men. The main owner wears a FLOOR LENGTH mink fur coat around town. He looks like a rich old lady, and people give him the weirdest looks but he is so in his own little I'm-a-fancy-pants world that he doesn't care.
The manager of the shop just purchased his OWN fur coat. He looks ridiculous and delusional as well, waltzing around in this jacket. He also wears as much leather as someone possibly can, including leather pants.
On top of that, the manager is so arrogant when it comes to vegan stuff - T. and I have him on Facebook and he'll sometimes post jackass things like "Butter is better! It's natural! Vegan margarine is crepe!" for no reason.

Basically, they live in this self-created hoity-toity universe where luxury dominates all of the choices they make.

How do I interact with these douches without punching them and ruining Trevor's art career? Ugh.

Wow, that is a rather awful situation! At the very least, do the little thing on facebook where their posts are blocked from your newsfeed so that you don't have to worry about the drama of unfriending, but you also don't have to see any posts. That's at least... something? I know it's not much, but that's a really tough situation. I'm sorry!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i have a tiny orange-black-and-white striped jumping spider sharing my desk today. However, instead of his usual territory, he keeps trying to get in my food. I saw him in my maté mug. Then he was climbing the sriracha jar. Now he's trying to get inside my agenda.
He's so cute but I'm so afraid I'm going to eat him by accident. All my edibles are in my lap while I'm taking my lunch break.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That song Rock'n'Roll Coochie-Coo is stuck in my head. Someone MAKE IT STOP.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm 

I was reading Isa's latest blog post for tempeh chimichurri, she said she listened to this tempeh making story on NPR, and I also was listening to it that morning, so we were listening to the same radio station at the same time. New dubious claim to not-quite fame.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

seitanicverses wrote:
That song Rock'n'Roll Coochie-Coo is stuck in my head. Someone MAKE IT STOP.

DAMMIT NOW IT'S STUCK IN MINE TOO

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am doing a translation of medical records and am amazed at how much i remember about cardiology.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

also, i just got my hair cut [after what, 4 months? i'm not too good at this every-6-weeks thing] and every time i look in the mirror it's like "who the fork is that!?"

Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372 ... 1768  Next