| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377 ... 1767  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm 
Semen Strong
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18627
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Was it your former co-worker? I guess she's moved on from leaving the notes on the windshield?

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11055
Location: VA
Damn it, iTunes. So ce I'm not getting any sleep, I want to watch the rest of Dexter season 6. Why won't you work?!

Whats this "unavailable" crepe. I only paid $39 for the stupid season. Grrrr.

(is it me, or is season 6 extra creepy?)

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 am 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7196
Location: Brasil
Mr. Shankly wrote:
I'm watching something about vikings on the History channel but it's more weird than it is educational. Really dramatic. What the hell am I watching?

have you noticed that everything on cable lately is some fake documentary? creepy mermaids, alien landings on Macchu Picchu, dragon corpses found in the mountains of france, giant squid mockumentaries? We've been saying for a long time that Hollywood's run out of ideas but you'd think they could find, oh, say, REAL history to re-enact instead of fake history?

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:33 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
ndpittman wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:
I am looking forward to this week. I have a new exercise plan, my meals are all planned, I'm catching up with a couple of people I haven't seen in months, checking out a local WI branch tomorrow (I've never been before), taking Penny to a puppy class on Tuesday (even though she is 6!), going to see The Great Gatsby Ballet on Friday and am watching Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing (squeee!) on Sunday.

Yay!


This all sounds wonderful!


I know! It's so unlike me too. Mostly I just hang out in my pyjamas, eating peanut butter and lamenting the fact that I am unemployed!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
Tofulish wrote:
Was it your former co-worker? I guess she's moved on from leaving the notes on the windshield?


Yes, she has moved on to writing passive aggressive comments on photos! The picture of the bouquet I posted in here earlier had an obvious (to me, to her, not to everyone) thing that T owns? would do? Anyway, it said 'Ravens suck!' on the whiteboard in the background and she said, 'Where is this? Surely you do not have Ravens Suck posted somewhere in your apartment! LOL!' First off, she is not a person who says LOL, so that's the first clue that she's being super passive aggressive. She probably thought doing that would alert my ex's attention, but little does she know, he's blocked from seeing any of my stuff, too. I hate crepe like that. Just...grow up! Say something to my face if you have a problem! Don't write snide comments in the hopes that I accidentally get 'outed'! I know that's a bone of contention still on here, but it's something we're working on, and it's none of her darned business in the first place. Especially now that she no longer works there. She's just being a bisque, honestly.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 3971
Location: north-east of windmill central.
Sounds like my taxes are done. One of my mom's HR friends did them for me, since my foreign-living shiitake is complicated. I'm pretty annoyed that spending 3 months in the US last year to see my grandma means that I don't qualify for any of the great (or even reasonable!) expat exemptions, but man, I got to see grandma last year AND someone else did my taxes (for a reasonable fee). That shiitake's awesome.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5314
Location: BRLA
So my boyfriend has suspected that one of his friends is stealing prescription pills from him. So when I got my wisdom teeth out I was prescribed percocet, so I took all the pills out and kept them at my house and filled the bottle up with yeast infection tablets. Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2791
Location: Boston, MA
Fee wrote:
So my boyfriend has suspected that one of his friends is stealing prescription pills from him. So when I got my wisdom teeth out I was prescribed percocet, so I took all the pills out and kept them at my house and filled the bottle up with yeast infection tablets. Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.

nanny cam time!

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 am 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7990
Location: Maryland/DC area
Fee wrote:
So my boyfriend has suspected that one of his friends is stealing prescription pills from him. So when I got my wisdom teeth out I was prescribed percocet, so I took all the pills out and kept them at my house and filled the bottle up with yeast infection tablets. Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.


It'd be funnier is you replaced it with something like immodium, they'd be heavily constipated for days.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7196
Location: Brasil
linanil wrote:
Fee wrote:
So my boyfriend has suspected that one of his friends is stealing prescription pills from him. So when I got my wisdom teeth out I was prescribed percocet, so I took all the pills out and kept them at my house and filled the bottle up with yeast infection tablets. Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.


It'd be funnier is you replaced it with something like immodium, they'd be heavily constipated for days.

i'd go the other way and make it a heavy duty laxative. you can hide constipation, but it would be pretty clear more or less right away who took your pill.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5314
Location: BRLA
Yeah now that I know someone actually did it, I wish I had done something more karma-rific.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
i don't know whether i'm sick or allergic, but i'm feeling all kinds of scratchy and gross, and i want to drink all the things. right now on my desk i have a mug of coffee, a mug of broth, a mug of lemon ginger tea, and a quart of ice water. they are not blending well, even though i can only sort of taste them, but i'm not giving any of them up. i might need to add some green juice into the mix.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 4935
Do you guys know that if you x-rayed an insect--like a butterfly--would it show up on x-ray? You know, as a skeletal thing, or as a splotch or as an object shaped like a butterfly or would it register on x-ray at all? Anyone know?

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 4935
torque wrote:
Fee wrote:
Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.



who took your pill.

That only one was stolen shows some restraint though! I give them that!

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2396
allularpunk wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Was it your former co-worker? I guess she's moved on from leaving the notes on the windshield?


Yes, she has moved on to writing passive aggressive comments on photos! The picture of the bouquet I posted in here earlier had an obvious (to me, to her, not to everyone) thing that T owns? would do? Anyway, it said 'Ravens suck!' on the whiteboard in the background and she said, 'Where is this? Surely you do not have Ravens Suck posted somewhere in your apartment! LOL!' First off, she is not a person who says LOL, so that's the first clue that she's being super passive aggressive. She probably thought doing that would alert my ex's attention, but little does she know, he's blocked from seeing any of my stuff, too. I hate crepe like that. Just...grow up! Say something to my face if you have a problem! Don't write snide comments in the hopes that I accidentally get 'outed'! I know that's a bone of contention still on here, but it's something we're working on, and it's none of her darned business in the first place. Especially now that she no longer works there. She's just being a bisque, honestly.


Do you have your fb settings set in a way that people can't tag you without permission first?
If not, that might be something you'd want to change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2396
seitanicverses wrote:
Do you guys know that if you x-rayed an insect--like a butterfly--would it show up on x-ray? You know, as a skeletal thing, or as a splotch or as an object shaped like a butterfly or would it register on x-ray at all? Anyone know?


I assume that doing X-rays on a machine for humans the insect would not be visible.
I think the structural parts of the insect would be too small to be seen in the resolution of the standard X-ray. (if insects like that even have such a "hard" structure frame)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 4935
Veg_Eric wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Do you guys know that if you x-rayed an insect--like a butterfly--would it show up on x-ray? You know, as a skeletal thing, or as a splotch or as an object shaped like a butterfly or would it register on x-ray at all? Anyone know?


I assume that doing X-rays on a machine for humans the insect would not be visible.
I think the structural parts of the insect would be too small to be seen in the resolution of the standard X-ray. (if insects like that even have such a "hard" structure frame)

Thanks for answering! So I wonder if you went to a resolution beyond the standard x-ray would a butterfly's hard parts (if they have any) be visible? Like is there a high power enough way that you could see their skeleton given the proper resolution? Do you think it's even theoretically possible? I want to know this for an arty idea I've been thinking of (fictional) and it only needs to be possible.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
Veg_Eric wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Was it your former co-worker? I guess she's moved on from leaving the notes on the windshield?


Yes, she has moved on to writing passive aggressive comments on photos! The picture of the bouquet I posted in here earlier had an obvious (to me, to her, not to everyone) thing that T owns? would do? Anyway, it said 'Ravens suck!' on the whiteboard in the background and she said, 'Where is this? Surely you do not have Ravens Suck posted somewhere in your apartment! LOL!' First off, she is not a person who says LOL, so that's the first clue that she's being super passive aggressive. She probably thought doing that would alert my ex's attention, but little does she know, he's blocked from seeing any of my stuff, too. I hate crepe like that. Just...grow up! Say something to my face if you have a problem! Don't write snide comments in the hopes that I accidentally get 'outed'! I know that's a bone of contention still on here, but it's something we're working on, and it's none of her darned business in the first place. Especially now that she no longer works there. She's just being a bisque, honestly.


Do you have your fb settings set in a way that people can't tag you without permission first?
If not, that might be something you'd want to change.


She didn't tag me, she commented on my photo. At any rate, she's blocked now, so she can't see me at all.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 pm
Posts: 2315
Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Fee wrote:
So my boyfriend has suspected that one of his friends is stealing prescription pills from him. So when I got my wisdom teeth out I was prescribed percocet, so I took all the pills out and kept them at my house and filled the bottle up with yeast infection tablets. Last night one of them went missing. I never thought stealing could be so funny!

But we still don't know for sure who took it so we're leaving it there and not saying anything for now.


n00bs

_________________
http://dumbveganfoodblog.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Chicago
Idea: Replace the pills with Viagra and see who gets a boner (will only work for people with penises).


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1333
Location: Panama City, FL
lavawitch wrote:
Damn it, iTunes. So ce I'm not getting any sleep, I want to watch the rest of Dexter season 6. Why won't you work?!

Whats this "unavailable" crepe. I only paid $39 for the stupid season. Grrrr.

(is it me, or is season 6 extra creepy?)


SUPER creepy, but oh how I loved it! I was thoroughly impressed with Colin Hanks. I can't wait for season 7 to come out.

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
I had to delete my Rhapsody app because it was frozen on the same page for 3 days, and now ALL of my music is gone and I don't really remember what everything I had on there was, because there was a lot of it. Annoying!

Also, I thought my guy was going to be back around 6 or 6:30, but now he is saying maybe 8:30. So lame.

ETA: I'm going to try and be productive and work out and then paint my nails. Surely that will be an ample distraction.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 am
Posts: 866
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Is it wrong to eat nutritional yeast with a spoon from the tub?

_________________
My blog about travel, campaigning, activism, vegan food and stuff.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3003
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Imogen wrote:
Is it wrong to eat nutritional yeast with a spoon from the tub?


No.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
seitanicverses wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Do you guys know that if you x-rayed an insect--like a butterfly--would it show up on x-ray? You know, as a skeletal thing, or as a splotch or as an object shaped like a butterfly or would it register on x-ray at all? Anyone know?


I assume that doing X-rays on a machine for humans the insect would not be visible.
I think the structural parts of the insect would be too small to be seen in the resolution of the standard X-ray. (if insects like that even have such a "hard" structure frame)

Thanks for answering! So I wonder if you went to a resolution beyond the standard x-ray would a butterfly's hard parts (if they have any) be visible? Like is there a high power enough way that you could see their skeleton given the proper resolution? Do you think it's even theoretically possible? I want to know this for an arty idea I've been thinking of (fictional) and it only needs to be possible.

butterflies have an exoskeleton; they don't have any internal hard parts, and x-ray isn't ideal for visualizing soft internal organs or structures (at least, not on that scale). theoretically, an extremely low-power x-ray might be stopped by the exoskeleton and give you an image of the outline of the body, but i doubt anything would be stopped by the wings. they're made of chitin, but in extremely thin layers, and they contain veins but no hard structures. it would be like trying to x-ray a hair. it might be possible to use fluoroscopy to get a look at a butterfly's digestive tract or circulatory system, but there isn't much else in its body.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377 ... 1767  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], jordanpattern, ~Sz and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer