| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm 
A Bad Person

linanil wrote:
I'm so stupid. I am doing our taxes. I had missed a form (part of mortgage interest) so I had us owing $2500 more in taxes than we do. I couldn't figure out why we owed so much then found the second form and it is much, much better. We still owe but a lot less.

Ha, I did the same thing! I almost died when I saw how much we owed before I figured it out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 pm 
WRETCHED

brian wrote:
linanil wrote:
I'm so stupid. I am doing our taxes. I had missed a form (part of mortgage interest) so I had us owing $2500 more in taxes than we do. I couldn't figure out why we owed so much then found the second form and it is much, much better. We still owe but a lot less.

Ha, I did the same thing! I almost died when I saw how much we owed before I figured it out.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Taxes are done though for another year at least.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 pm 
WELFARIST!

My guy STILL isn't home. He got stuck in traffic for over 2 hours. While I know this sucks more for him than me, it still sucks.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm 
Semen Strong

Did you defilth the bathroom?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

I did my 2012 year end tax figurins' last night and my first quarter of 2013. I have to file my taxes on Friday (have appt with H&R block). I owe, of course. Just not sure how much, but it'll like be a couple thousand. I've never been one to get anything back on my taxes. I've always broke even, or maybe I'd get a couple of hundred dollars back but ever since being self-employed I pay something every single year. I'm always crabby this time of year. My sister's self employed now too and she's always crabby now this time of year, too. LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My WF had some Beyond Meat signage up in the refrigerated faux meat and tofu case, but it was just Gardein in the space. I'm excited to maybe try Beyond Meat, but I hope they don't nix all of the Gardein to make room!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

ndpittman wrote:
My WF had some Beyond Meat signage up in the refrigerated faux meat and tofu case, but it was just Gardein in the space. I'm excited to maybe try Beyond Meat, but I hope they don't nix all of the Gardein to make room!

I hate when they do that! Especially when they put something in that space that's much more expensive.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Daiya products because they (and Gardein) seem to be the brand that Hannaford stock the newest products fastest for.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm 
WELFARIST!

Just remembered I put brownies in the oven but have no idea what time I put them in. I literally do this every single time I bake. No wonder I'm terrible at baking!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am 
Nooch of Earl

A friend posted this to FB: http://www.rbnainfo.com/productpro/Prod ... template=1

FINISH® Powerball Tabs - Fresh
Ingredient: Sucrose
Purpose: Sweetener

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:57 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

madeleine.teacup wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
I'm watching something about vikings on the History channel but it's more weird than it is educational. Really dramatic. What the hell am I watching?

Documentaries/educational television got really crazy during the years that I didn't have a television. When my sweetheart and I got Netflix streaming I was like, Ooo, so many nature documentaries, sweet. But these days nature documentaries are like:

WHAT'S THAT NOISE
OMG IS IT THE WILD PANDELION
DRAMATIC MUSIC
FAST CINEMATIC CUTS
Here is one fact about the pandelion you may not have known
NATURE WILL EAT YOU
Here is a re-enacment of the pandelion eating you COMPLETE WITH BLOOD SPATTERING ON THE CAMERA LENS
BA BA BUUUUUUUM
THE END

I was like, What the hell, this is stressful. And my sweetheart was like Oooo, yeah. Documentaries are like this now.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 am 
Seagull of the PPK

@seitanic verses: Read this page!!! especially the artist's quote about how he got started! http://scienceblogs.com/bioephemera/200 ... -security/

i was looking for images of the Boston Children's Hospital, which has x-ray art everywhere on one of the floors, i can't remember if it was radiology or the surgery floor, but apparently nobody takes any pictures of it, boo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:

The WF at Charles/MGH has Beyond Meat packaged in the refrigerated veg meat/tofu section. I got some this weekend and it's ok, but the packages are huge and take up a lot of space, which reminds me of my rant in the vegan pet peeves thread about how whenever new vegan products come out they take the place of old ones. I never buy the refrigerated Gardein stuff so I'm no sure if it took over that space, but it had to have displaced something.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 am 
And you never will.

annak wrote:
A friend posted this to FB: http://www.rbnainfo.com/productpro/Prod ... template=1

WHYYYYYY?????

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:29 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

torque wrote:
@seitanic verses: Read this page!!! especially the artist's quote about how he got started! http://scienceblogs.com/bioephemera/200 ... -security/

i was looking for images of the Boston Children's Hospital, which has x-ray art everywhere on one of the floors, i can't remember if it was radiology or the surgery floor, but apparently nobody takes any pictures of it, boo.

read this page, too:

http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/23/5/1149.full

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 am 
Nooch of Earl

poopiebitch wrote:
annak wrote:

WHYYYYYY?????

I assume it's because unsweetened dish soap tastes like shiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am 
WELFARIST!

Tofulish wrote:
Did you defilth the bathroom?

Will update in the relationship thread, since that's where it started, haha...

I was supposed to get my hair cut today, but she pushed me back to Friday. I'm irrationally disappointed.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

all the motorola phones in our house have chosen today to die. what the hell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Quarantined wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

The WF at Charles/MGH has Beyond Meat packaged in the refrigerated veg meat/tofu section. I got some this weekend and it's ok, but the packages are huge and take up a lot of space, which reminds me of my rant in the vegan pet peeves thread about how whenever new vegan products come out they take the place of old ones. I never buy the refrigerated Gardein stuff so I'm no sure if it took over that space, but it had to have displaced something.

I've been thinking about walking over there some day during my lunch break. Maybe this is the motivation I need. The Whole Foods in JP has no vegan cheese pizza, so I am suffering a lazy-person pizza deficiency. I did buy some Daiya mozz, so I'm like, 1/3 of the way to homemade pizza.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am 
WELFARIST!

acr wrote:
torque wrote:

read this page, too:

http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/23/5/1149.full

Thanks so much you guys! These are awesome and exactly what I had in mind. I figured somebody, somewhere, had to see the beauty in x-rays, too, and these folks are already a million steps ahead of me. So purty!

I bought this piece from an artist at an outdoor art show in Toronto about ten years ago--and it was a picture developed on red stained glass and it was called an "ambrotype" which is a technique (or type?) of photographic development that went on ~1860s-1870s or so but was abandoned because it was too fallible and laborious. So anyway, this girl used this old technique for this one set of prints she did and the results have the same quality of an x-ray in the transparent black background and luminous white rendering of all the detail and it's quite striking and reminded me of an x-ray, almost. I've always been drawn to that transparent black/luminous white ghostly contrast visually. I was thinking my artist (character) might introduce color in his work...but not sure if that would take away what I appreciate most about the visual contrast of strictly B&W. Have to think about it. He could always experiment with color, maybe...haven't thought that far yet.

Thanks so much though. You guys are all the best <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 pm 
Impressive boner

Today I was twice threatened with legal and disciplinary action because I was sticking to the data protection act. I had to laugh both times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm scared. I'm being attacked by the macaw. I'm the only one home, so he has decided to run around the floors, patrolling for bare feet. Eek. He can run really fast and he will bite.

Not amused.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The weather is really nice today, and I'm kinda pissed off at it. It's warm and spring-like out, so all the plants decided, "Hey, let's produce a ton of pollen and throw it in raspberrycomplaint's face! Hahaha!" I have been completely congested and sinus-y all day. I had to go outside and clean up the yard, because tomorrow morning is the last time the town will pick up yard waste this month. There was a nice little breeze that only appeared when I had raked the dead leaves into a big pile. Then the breeze went "whooosh!" and the leaves went every-fucking-where. I think I preferred it when the weather was cold and grey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 pm 
WRETCHED

I want to gripe a bit. I think my taxes have become complicated enough that next year it might make sense to go to a professional but my issue is filing 2 state returns, so I'm not even sure if that'll help. And I'm annoyed that the way things turned out, I got money from my state. I like to be on the slight side of owing money but I don't know where that sweet spot is yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:07 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

lavawitch wrote:
I'm scared. I'm being attacked by the macaw. I'm the only one home, so he has decided to run around the floors, patrolling for bare feet. Eek. He can run really fast and he will bite.

Not amused.

this is what i was thinking during 98% of my at-home waking hours when i lived with a macaw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

He went back to his perch, so it's safe again.

He is a sweet little guy, but bare feet are his "thing." And I refuse to wear socks because they feel like sandpaper on my nerve damage.

Severe Macaws have known foot fetishes. It's really, really bizarre.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379 ... 1872  Next