| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:12 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

poopiebitch wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Go to bed, or watch another episode of Buffy? Guess which I'm going with.

Soooooooooo which episode did you watch? ;-)

I watched "The Puppet Show" from season 1, but then I couldn't go to bed after that because TALKING DUMMY ADSFKJDFGLKJ, so I had to watch "Nightmares", and then I was fine to go to bed? I am weird.

I mean, if you're gonna watch Buffy right before bed, you might as well go all the way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom is at a conference for the weekend. They serve lunch every day, and all the meals are vegetarian, and you could request vegan meals! So I asked her what the vegan meal was, and she said, "salad, round things that were grilled and made out of beans and rice and stuff, tomato soup, fajitas with veggies". I wish I was at that conference and could eat fajitas and round things!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I only have one episode of Dexter left. Now what am I going to watch?

Apparently, my parents signed up for some special 3 month deal, so I can watch just about anything on the Xfinity iPad app. Nice while it lasts since I'm too cheap to pay for a cable box.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am trying to do the whole getting another job thing and you guys IT IS SO HARD and I am stressed and depressed.

I just wanna cuddle my cat and watch Netflix.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Ugh, job hunting is the worst! Good luck! Before you get to that super-stressed place just step away from the computer and cuddle your cat for a bit. Sometimes the best thing you can do is take a break.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just want to snuggle with someone right now!!! Someone get here and snuggle with me on the sofa before I have to leave for work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:42 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Since its now so readily available I caved and bought the speculoos crunchy spread. Yuk, it's like crunching pure sugar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

"If you faceswap Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift..." part 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Efcliz wrote:
Since its now so readily available I caved and bought the speculoos crunchy spread. Yuk, it's like crunching pure sugar.

it's spelled with an "m", not a "k". "yum"!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:37 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Phoenix, that is so odd and surreal, I kind of like it.

It's marathon Monday and I know people running but I have to work so I can't cheer them on. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Phoenix wrote:
"If you faceswap Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift..." part 2

This is kind of awesome

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 am 
WELFARIST!

Last night I slept pretty badly, had bad dreams all night long about Mad Men and car shopping and just general discomfort. (Went car shopping yesterday, found nothing, came home, watched unsettling episode of Mad Men, no big leap to figuring that one out.) But then, this morning, I woke up at my dude's house to a sound like smashing glass. He wasn't in bed, so I jumped up and was calling for him to see if he was ok. But he was in the bathroom, and didn't know what it was either. He said he heard a thump, then a pause, then the crash/smash/glass sound. I didn't hear the first thump because I was asleep. We searched the entire inside of the house, all of the windows, the entire parameter of the house and could find nothing that looked like broken glass or pottery or anything that would sound like that. We are both totally freaked out. Me because I think it was a ghost (I know...), and I didn't say that to him because he is TERRIFIED of ghosts and would probably, like, sell his house if he thought it was haunted. Him because he thinks my ex found out about us (again, I know...) and was vandalizing. But what was vandalized? We really thoroughly searched the area. Anyway, he sped off to work to make sure things were all good there. Haven't heard from him yet. But, he lives at the top of this really, really long and steep hill, and my ex only rides a bike and has only been to his house once (so I don't know if he remembers where it is). I'm still voting ghost, but I don't know which would be worse, really. Either way, what an unsettling way to start the day.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Jeez, ap, that sounds terrifying. Does he live near enough other people that it might have been someone else smashing a glass or something really loudly?

I was sitting around eating hummus chips, but I've finished the hummus chips. So tasty. Lentil chips, too - I kinda had those for breakfast (in that I ate them first after I got up). Nom. I'm waiting for the plumbers to turn up to (hopefully) install the dishwasher. Woot! I really hope the damn thing fits. I don't want another major appliance sitting in Zebby's room taking up space.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

joshua wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

it's spelled with an "m", not a "k". "yum"!

Agreed! I find the crunch Biscoff far superior.

Also, I love that second pic of the Taylor Swift/Justin Beiber face off. Something about Taylor Swift as Justin Beiber in that shot is really striking and lovely.

AP--could the dog have knocked something over?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:13 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Yesterday I watched Scream 1, 2, 3, and 4. And today I have to work and it's just so unfair. Yesterday was so much better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 am 
WELFARIST!

rachell37, He does, but it sounded like it was in the house, and no one was out and about when we went outside to look. I mean, it sounded like it was either in the basement, or in the next room. And ndpittman, we really searched and searched, nothing was broken anywhere in the house, and Mike wasn't acting guilty or anything. So odd. Anyway, things were fine when my guy got to work, so it's looking more and more like ghost to me.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 pm 

I swear, the only time my principal makes announcements on the PA is when someone has been mugged. The frequency of muggings during broad daylight just keeps going up around here. There was an attempted one before school this morning! There have been tons during lunch and right after school and they were at gunpoint!

I walk a mile each way to and from public transit. I'm starting to get so paranoid about my walks.

And now a mouse just ran across the floor of my classroom, crying in terror/pain, fell on the ground and began spasming in agony and is now completely still. I think it must've eaten poison.

THIS DAY IS SO UPSETTING SEND HELP.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:07 pm 

Update: the mouse kept twitching and squeaking, so I gently herded him into a cardboard box with a paper plate and brought him outside. He's now under a bush where he is still twitching and crying, but at least he won't die on linoleum.

I feel so awful. Poor little mouse!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 pm 
WELFARIST!

I found that the only thing I could do to dull the pain from my cramps enough for me to breathe was to take 3 naproxen and 1 iron pill. It still hurts but I was able to move a bit finally.

DC, I don't know what to say but hopefully this kitten will cheer you up:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm really pissed at my mom. So Chester has been sick. And it's a contagious sick, we went to the vet, vet confirmed this - my mom is sitting there listening to the vet as she says to keep our dogs separate. BECAUSE HE IS CONTAGIOUS. So what's my mom do a few hours later? Puts them outside together and leaves. I come outside to see her dog eating my dog's puke and force her to come inside and tell my mom and now her dog is sick and she's mad at me. Sometimes she goes to great lengths for the dogs so it's not like she doesn't care - hell she just paid $1,000 on Chester because I couldn't. But goddamn. Can you not see what is in front of your face? Our dogs live together so there's a good chance she was going to get sick anyway, but why would you just leave them outside together the very same day the vet said don't do that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I found that the only thing I could do to dull the pain from my cramps enough for me to breathe was to take 3 naproxen and 1 iron pill. It still hurts but I was able to move a bit finally.

I'm having the same issue. I'm taking a medication that says not to take ibuprofen with it, and the only painkillers I have in my house are ibuprofen (OK, and cocodamol, which makes me throw up, and I already feel nauseous). I've been refilling my hot water bottle every hour or so and alternating between my back and my stomach. Total waste of a day off. I'm tempted to call in sick tomorrow (though I'll probably be fine by then).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:
I'm still voting ghost, but I don't know which would be worse, really. Either way, what an unsettling way to start the day.
Drunk-ass unicorns crashing into the house then repairing the window with unicorn magic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: unicorns cannot hold their liquor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 pm 
Nooch of Earl

DarthCupcake wrote:
I am trying to do the whole getting another job thing and you guys IT IS SO HARD and I am stressed and depressed.

DC, sorry if I should know this but I mostly keep my head down over in the Playground.. What field are you in? I know tons of people in the bay area, as do, I'm sure, many people here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Gulliver wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
I'm still voting ghost, but I don't know which would be worse, really. Either way, what an unsettling way to start the day.
Drunk-ass unicorns crashing into the house then repairing the window with unicorn magic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: unicorns cannot hold their liquor.

I like this theory. But it turned out that his framed diploma fell off the wall and the glass shattered. So it's still pointing towards ghost, in my mind.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm 

annak wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

DC, sorry if I should know this but I mostly keep my head down over in the Playground.. What field are you in? I know tons of people in the bay area, as do, I'm sure, many people here.

I'm in education, but I'm trying to transition toward ed tech.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1872  Next