| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386 ... 1901  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i didnt know where to put this so here seems like a good spot.

i either have to delete my facebook and live in blissful ignorance or disown a good chunk of my extended family.

i keep seeing random pics pop up in my news feed that extended relatives have "liked" and one was like "like this if you think George W Bush was a better president than Obama" and its a picture of GWB's ugly mug.
and it was SERIOUS.

i must be blissfully ignorant because i thought there was a general world consensus that he was like the worst president ever.
people *liked* him?!?!?!?!??!

then today i see one that someone "liked" and it's the same picture but it says "remember the last time when we had an American as president?"

WAT?!?!?!?

am i RELATED to birthers?!?!?!?!?

i hope i was adopted.......i dont want to share the gene pool with some of these people.
thankfully it's not my immediate family.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

monkeytoes wrote:
You're not kidding. I once went through my closet and I had sizes 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, small, medium, large and extra large... and those were just the clothes that fit.

Uuugghh! This is pretty much my closet right now (sizes 4 - 10 that fit). My size 4 capris are the largest pants I own, so that makes a ton of sense.

I've gotten to the point that I just go to my approximate size and judge visually what looks like it'll fit, because the numbers don't mean shiitake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:23 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

men's clothing is almost as stupid.. I routinely wear S, M, L and XL tops that all fit roughly equivalently

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

torque wrote:
i'm not sure if you are saying you like sock puppets, or if people are better than sock puppets.
if you like sock puppets, allow me to give you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjv5N_hVdJU

not technically socks but close enough. [giraffas is a brazilian fast food chain that, unsurprisingly, i have never eaten at, and the petit gateau is apparently some kind of cake with spooge in the middle.]

i definitely meant that i like most sock puppets more than most people. here's what i don't like, though: food that oozes. no. someone needs to liberate those giraffas from that twisted circus of song and dance and suppurating pastries.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am 
WELFARIST!

So I saw my hot first floor doctor neighbor for the first time today on my walk of shame* at 8am today. He kept double-taking at me, and I can't figure out if he was wondering why my hair was so greasy or why I had no makeup on or why what makeup I did have on was smeared under my eyes or if he thought I was hot or if he was just horrified by me. None of this actually matters, but I like to make a good first impression. Oh well.

*I don't actually consider coming home from my manfriend's place in the morning a walk of shame, but I'm positive that's what it looked like to my neighbor.

Also, you guys talking about sock puppets reminded me of Nannerpuss for some reason, so here you go, for old time's sake.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:20 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

NO SERIOUS BREAKFAST. ALL NANNERPUSS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am 
WELFARIST!

acr wrote:
NO SERIOUS BREAKFAST. ALL NANNERPUSS.

F'reals.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I just wrote up and submitted a cover letter and then looked back at it and was all "THAT IS A BALLER COVER LETTER. I am the awesomest!"

Let's see how that goes.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 pm 
WELFARIST!

Good luck, DC!

I just woke up from my first nap in probably a year. I feel weird. This is why I do not take naps. Now I remember.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 pm 
Impressive boner

LisaPunk wrote:
WAT?!?!?!?

I've had a similar experience lately with my brother proclaiming his love for Margaret Thatcher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I had Stonewall's jerky for the first time in probably close to ten years today. It has not improved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:11 pm 
WELFARIST!

I went for a run! And I ran further than I used to be able to! Hooray for quitting (or trying to quit with only a couple of setbacks) smoking! I'm going to be SO sore tomorrow.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

LisaPunk wrote:

i either have to delete my facebook and live in blissful ignorance or disown a good chunk of my extended family.

i keep seeing random pics pop up in my news feed that extended relatives have "liked" and one was like "like this if you think George W Bush was a better president than Obama" and its a picture of GWB's ugly mug.
and it was SERIOUS.

i must be blissfully ignorant because i thought there was a general world consensus that he was like the worst president ever.

then today i see one that someone "liked" and it's the same picture but it says "remember the last time when we had an American as president?"

WAT?!?!?!?

i hope i was adopted.......i dont want to share the gene pool with some of these people.

It's always so disappointing when this happens. I had to hide a couple of cousins on Facebook because they have a tendency to post obnoxious graphics about liberals taking their guns away and things of that nature.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:14 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

kilgore trout wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

and it was SERIOUS.

WAT?!?!?!?

It's always so disappointing when this happens. I had to hide a couple of cousins on Facebook because they have a tendency to post obnoxious graphics about liberals taking their guns away and things of that nature.

this is why my brother's wife got hidden from my news feed, except she would accompany these pics with rants about how stupid "MA liberals" are. it's like not a secret i am a big flaming liberal so ummm thanks sis in law!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:18 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

8ball wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
WAT?!?!?!?

I've had a similar experience lately with my brother proclaiming his love for Margaret Thatcher.

that reminds me! the same relatives also "liked" a picture of Reagan and Thatcher that said "like this picture if you miss this duo"

ummmm barf!!!

it's very confusing cause my family definitely did not come from money or priviledge. in fact these were my dad's relatives and they grew up quite poor so im not sure where this line of thinking evolved from!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i think my birther uncle has unfriended me. i hope so, i think all the awesomeness must have given him a headache.

i hide, hide and hide. i don't want to see stuff like that.

tomorrow I have a meeting at 10. still have not been informed about the location. or whether it's even confirmed. should i turn off my cell phone and "accidentally" sleep late and miss the meeting? i will be up til 1 working. i think it sounds like a plan- i'm so tired of being the last told about everything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 pm 
And you never will.

My two-year-old just asked to listen to the "in my pocket" song. Meaning Thrift Shop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

poopiebitch wrote:
My two-year-old just asked to listen to the "in my pocket" song. Meaning Thrift Shop.

Adorable!!

I made ice cream the other day and every time I eat any of it I think about this:

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Today a customer service rep from a company we work with came to visit our office. I've corresponded with her a lot via email over the past couple of years, but we've never met in person. She came into my office today and I cheerfully greeted her with a handshake and a genuine "So nice to meet you!"

Her response: "Thank you." Aaand a frown.

Really? IT'S NICE TO MEET ME TOO, CRASSHOLE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

uh oh. i was waiting in the security line to get into my client's factory today [our consult is in the top secret R&D dept so i have to go through security every single time, worse than the airport practically] and this super energetic guy came out and asked me if i was in the line. I said yeah, and he grabbed my hand and shook it enthusiastically, "so nice to meet you!" When I looked at him like he was nuts he said "you aren't Valkyria?" and I realized he hadn't asked me if I was in the line, he had asked me if I was Valkyria. Hello, lack of attention. I felt like such a tool. So, ashley, i may not have been your particular personal douchebag today, but i was someone else's personal douchebag. ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 pm 

That doesn't sound douchebaggy to me, torque. Just a misunderstanding. This woman knew who I was (and I overheard my co-worker in the hall pointing her toward me, saying "and that's Ashley's office over there!").

I get a lot of people in my industry not taking me seriously because I'm young and I look even younger. I don't know if that's what this was, but she just seemed like she thought she was above even talking to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

ashley wrote:
Today a customer service rep from a company we work with came to visit our office. I've corresponded with her a lot via email over the past couple of years, but we've never met in person. She came into my office today and I cheerfully greeted her with a handshake and a genuine "So nice to meet you!"

Aw! I would have been happy to meet you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
ashley wrote:

Aw! I would have been happy to meet you!

Well thanks! I'd be happy to meet you as well!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You guys! I am in love with Galway. We had the best day ever yesterday, made tonnes of friends, heard some gorgeous traditional music at several different pubs, I had vegan fish & chips, surprisingly tasty vegan Asian food, danced, walked, and admired some beautiful antiquity. I am going to go live in the Ireland thread since I can't up and move here just yet. Today, nature!

PS...honeymoon tip: don't let your partner drink too much Guinness (yes I know Guinness isn't vegan, but neither is he).

ETA: more trip updates. efcliz is the most fun person ever, and we manhandled upwards of five vegan Korean dishes and multiple cocktails. I'm quite proud.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

i just got towels out of the washer, they have all been dyed pink. oh dear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386 ... 1901  Next