| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390 ... 1825  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 am 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3114
Location: Ireland
I have to get up off my sofa and go shower soon so I can go drive to the shop I was in yesterday to try find my phone. It is still showing up as being in the shop. I really want to remain on the sofa doing the dying swan though.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4780
Location: WV
Today is the last day of the community art project I've been doing for the past 8 weeks with the girls from the juvenile detention center. Feeling a little bittersweet about it. On one hand, I'm sad to not hang out with them anymore, because most of them are really great girls. And I love the woman I was working with, she and I have always been kindred spirits, but we only see each other when we do ceramics stuff because she's got a busy family life. On the other hand, I'm pretty pumped to have my Saturdays back. Also, since I won't be doing this on Saturdays anymore, I am open to accepting other Saturday jobs with the museum. I mean, yeah, I was getting paid to do all of this, but at a $3/hr pay cut since I was just assisting and not teaching. So, I guess I won't necessarily have all of my Saturdays back, but those gigs are usually just a couple of hours in the early afternoon, but you get to bill for 3-5 hours because of prep and cleanup time, so it's a great way to make a cool $100. Which I desperately need as many cool $100s as possible right now.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Ugh I was going to go to a show today (sort of a mini-local festival, lots of bands) but I have way too much work to do. And I know it's the responsible thing to do because the semester's ending very soon and next weekend I have a lot of fun stuff planned, so I really have to get this stuff done now. I'm just bummed out. And burned out. And questioning my ability to be a good teacher. The usual.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:45 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3616
Location: Nashville, TN
I work on commission, and I'm pretty sure this week is the most I've ever made (at this job or at any other). It's not a ton, but it is for me. Yay, warm weather and people thinking their dogs are way cooler with a quarter inch less hair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5045
Love the song, Mars!!! <3

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:56 am 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
I am a little late to the party but - OMG - I'm a little bit in love with you Mars!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7129
Location: Portland, OR
Awh you guis! *hugs*

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 3934
Location: Austin
My mom is trying the Vegan before Six thing. I keep getting emails from her every few days with updates. It's really cute.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 4013
Location: Brighton, England.
Mars, also a little late but loved it!!

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton
Not-For-Profit Bakery: Operation Icing
Twitter: @veganinbrighton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3836
Location: Edinburgh
It's 7.45pm and I'm contemplating a nap. It's great that my anti-depressant makes me less depressed, but it's replaced not wanting to do things because of the depression with not wanting to do things because I'm too tired to do them.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:07 pm 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3114
Location: Ireland
rachell37 wrote:
It's 7.45pm and I'm contemplating a nap. It's great that my anti-depressant makes me less depressed, but it's replaced not wanting to do things because of the depression with not wanting to do things because I'm too tired to do them.

How long have you been on them and how long is it since you started feeling less depressed? I find if I'm just starting out or had a recent increase in dose I sleep loads. Also, after coming out of a depressive phase it takes me a while before my energy levels pick back up. My interest levels in life pick up a lot sooner than my energy levels.

I had a two hour nap today. It was actually a nice nap because I didn't feel like I was going to be sick after it like I normally would with a mid afternoon nap. That in itself is seriously strange since it is the only time in over 24hours when I didn't feel like I was going to be sick.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
Mars, that was great! and i fixed the link for you.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2832
mollyjade wrote:
My mom is trying the Vegan before Six thing. I keep getting emails from her every few days with updates. It's really cute.


This is awesome! If I could get my family to do this I would consider a huge, huge victory but ethically and health-wise.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11828
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I guess my right eyebrow looks pretty good now. Molly just preened it, even using preen gland oil from under her tail. I'm guessing this is one of those things that sounds gross to everybody without a bird.

Maybe I can teach her to shape and tweeze.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:02 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3836
Location: Edinburgh
daisychain wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
It's 7.45pm and I'm contemplating a nap. It's great that my anti-depressant makes me less depressed, but it's replaced not wanting to do things because of the depression with not wanting to do things because I'm too tired to do them.

How long have you been on them and how long is it since you started feeling less depressed? I find if I'm just starting out or had a recent increase in dose I sleep loads. Also, after coming out of a depressive phase it takes me a while before my energy levels pick back up. My interest levels in life pick up a lot sooner than my energy levels.

I was on Prozac for 6 weeks (2 tapering off because I forgot to ask for non-gelcaps), and I've been on this new stuff (can't remember the chemical name and never looked up the trade name) for about 2 weeks. I had more side effects on the Prozac (including sleepiness and needing to pee all the time). It's not as bad as when I was on Wellbutrin (I almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple of times), but it never went away with any other anti-depressant I've ever been on (as far as I recall - I pretty much failed my first attempt at college because I was on anti-depressants that made me sleep all the time). All I ever remember from being on anti-depressants is being tired all the time.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11828
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
That's why I don't bother any more. Without them, I sleep 16-18 hrs a day, with them, about the same. By now, I just accept that this is all can ever expect. Anything I've ever tried to do is just smacked down in someway by depression and the fact that I'm always too tired to do anything. My entire life is coming home from work and sleeping.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6040
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Holy hell, I increased my meds from 20mg to 25mg (citalopram) recently and that made me SO TIRED. Like all I could do was sleep. I had to come back down to 20mg because I was non-functional tired.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11828
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I take enough Lexapro to keep me from crying all the time, but I always get side effects from higher doses of anything and can't get access to an actual mental health professional.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:10 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1529
You're not kidding, PP. I used to sleep 12-15 hours a day when I took citalopram. That stuff is crazy.

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: Malvern, PA
Paxil made me sleep more, but having been switched Prozac from that has given me more energy and I wake up earlier than I used to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Initially I was put on the meds I'm on now because of the sleepy side effects. A fun feature of my depression at the time was that I could only sleep for 3 hours, max, and had started to doze off at random intervals because it just wasn't sustainable. I've mostly adjusted now but if I forget to set an alarm I can sleep like a champ--like, for 12 hours. I kind of hate it.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: Malvern, PA
Don't make this.
It doesn't come out as good as it looks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3092
Location: BKLN
is it mostly raw dough? it seems like it would be. hot, soft, chocolatey dough. [makes eight]

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:48 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm
Posts: 542
Location: pdx
Jigglypuff wrote:
You're not kidding, PP. I used to sleep 12-15 hours a day when I took citalopram. That stuff is crazy.

Dudes, I'm on 40 mg of citalopram and I fall asleep at like 8pm. This now makes sense.

_________________
You know what would probably be a more effective ritual? Telling the person who you want to shut up, "You better not talk or we'll pound you." -Footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:55 pm 
Offline
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1675
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
Radiohead's Talk Show Host from the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack just came on my Beach House Pandora. So many memories. Whoa.

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390 ... 1825  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer