| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1400, 1401, 1402, 1403, 1404, 1405, 1406 ... 1826  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:12 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I think Austin veganism just jumped the shark.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

daisychain wrote:
I dunno, I think snoring is only something you can tolerate if you are in love with a person. I used not be able to sleep at all in the house growing up because of my father snoring. At times I was so desperate to sleep I went out in the back garden with my duvet and lay on the bench. Sometimes I could manage to get about 2 or 3 hours sleep a night. He made my life hell so any time he snored I wanted to do some very unvegan things to him.

Meanwhile, my ex occasionally snored and I could tolerate it. My old dog used to be a mega whopper of a snorer and used to snore right in my face. He was so loud he could be heard all over the house and would drown out the TV. It used not effect my sleep at all.

So, the snoring will either drive you apart or she will end up loving you so much she will be able to bare it.

i agree so much! when i was in college, i was super crazy nutso bananas about this one friend of my roommates who would crash on our couch sometimes after parties, and hearing him snoring made me so happy. in our first apartment my bedroom door opened onto the living room, so there was no way i could have avoided hearing it (it was loud and snorty), but in our second apartment my bedroom was at the opposite end, so i had to come up with excuses to sneak into the kitchen if i wanted to listen. i know that sounds kind of creepy, but i wasn't, like, standing over the couch or anything. just pouring my water really slowly at the kitchen table and smiling all ooey-gooey starry-eyed like a dope. meanwhile, the sound of my dad snoring from a different floor made me want to go sleep in my car. i mean, i love my dad, but it's just not the same at all.

(also, daisychain, screw those jerks.)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've lived with my husband for 10 years, worn earplugs at night all 10 years thanks to his snoring.
I'm a nice lady but I will cut you if you interfere with my sleep.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I have slept next to snorers whose snoring couldn't be defeated by earplugs. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
for the record Im not some crazy gasping chainsaw snorer, I just have my moments from time to time (usually if I have had a few drinks)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

...Skateboard valet?

Bras not required?

Are bras otherwise legally required in Texas?

I don't know how to handle that flyer.

In unrelated news, I left my phone in my desk at work and I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE. How do I function without it?!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ndpittman wrote:

I'm jealous of allularpunk's sandwiches because they always seem to have lettuce and tomato, and mine never do. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I suck so bad at cutting tomatoes that it usually makes the sandwich all whomperjawed. Wilson used to slice tomatoes for me to have on my sandwiches.

I just thought I would point out how adorable and romantic this is. My grandfather used to clean my grandmother's glasses for her. After he died, we had to all take turns doing it because she had not done it for years.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Just booked Eppy's Dungeon Master and I on JoCo Cruise Crazy 4! We went on the first one and it was so fun (and sooo nerdy!). I'm pretty psyched!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Vantine wrote:
My grandfather used to clean my grandmother's glasses for her. After he died, we had to all take turns doing it because she had not done it for years.

This is so cute and sad in a bittersweet kind of way.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

just got back from vacation and, ppk, i have missed you so.much. kept thinking about the vegan pet peeves thread... Lard. but it was still a great time.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Just booked Eppy's Dungeon Master and I on JoCo Cruise Crazy 4! We went on the first one and it was so fun (and sooo nerdy!). I'm pretty psyched!

Hell yeah.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Oh man. I am rather jealous!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

It has taken me 2 episodes into season 3 of True Blood to realize that Terry is Zach from Gilmore Girls. GG is one of my all-time most watched shows. How did I not realize this sooner??

I'm eating dinner suuuuuuuuuper slow so I have an "excuse" to watch the whole episode. I should be studying for my introductory sommelier exam on Sunday, but I've been procrastinating all damn day. I just want to watch a bunch of overly dramatic southerners and vampires and shapeshifters and boobs and butts, okay? It's way more interesting than trying to memorize the different appellations from the 1855 Bordeaux Classification. I think the more nervous I get, the more I try to procrastinate. Hence why I've rewritten this post a bajillionty times.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 am 
Chard Martyr

DarthCupcake wrote:
Sick days exist. They're for using.

I am SO jealous. I do not have sick days for using. Please use yours and let me live vicariously through you.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 am 
Nailed to the V

ijustdiedinside wrote:

CRUISE BRAVERY!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 am 
Naked Under Apron

mollyjade wrote:
I think Austin veganism just jumped the shark.

Did they advertise individuality?

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

A celebration of all things peaceful, organic and WERD?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I am trying to cut my food budget in order to save money due to the whole unemployment thing but it turns out I really forking like food and this is hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:12 am 
Ninja Master

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I am trying to cut my food budget in order to save money due to the whole unemployment thing but it turns out I really forking like food and this is hard.

When I had my own place, my food budget was pretty much the only thing I NEVER stuck to. Not even once.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
Several things-

My first "real" boyfriend used to always make a sandwich after being intimate with me. He was always like, aren't you starving? Don't you want a sandwich? He and I didn't work out, but sandwich and I are forever.

I'm jealous of allularpunk's sandwiches because they always seem to have lettuce and tomato, and mine never do. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I suck so bad at cutting tomatoes that it usually makes the sandwich all whomperjawed. Wilson used to slice tomatoes for me to have on my sandwiches.

I was afraid of having a sandwich deficiency last night because I cooked and ate an actual dinner with things that were not on a sandwich. I had a piece of bread and Earth Balance with some nooch, but it still felt like a close call.

In conclusion, I'm sometimes sad I can't have my sandwich and eat it, too.

I love you. Here's the solution to your tomato problem: either get a serrated knife (like a bread knife) or sharpen your usual knives. Can't cut a decent tomato with a dull, sad knife. Sandwiches without tomato are a sad sandwich indeed. Unless tomatoes are so out of season that they make your sandwich worse, in which case one must go without.

I worry about your sandwich deficiencies. I wish I could mail you a supply of emergency sandwiches for those dodgy days.

Sarah-Jane wrote:

I am in the same boat right now! I'll even make grocery lists that I think are reasonable (and STICK to them!), and then at checkout I'm like, 'Whoa, $43?! How did that happen?' (And yes, I always check my receipts to make sure they're right.) Food is too good. I'm cutting my cute dresses budget instead.

I'm going to weigh in on snoring, too. My ex snored really loudly and ...snortingly? Lots of loud, sudden snorts that would jar me from sleep. Granted, I am a really light sleeper. Earplugs didn't help, and half the time fell out of my ears. Noise machines didn't help. Can't sleep in headphones because they hurt my ears. And I just never got used to it. The last year of our relationship, he slept on the couch. I hated it. I really need that intimate feeling of sleeping next to and waking up next to someone I love. My current dude snores, but not nearly as much. Sometimes, if I'm having a stressful night of sleep, it keeps me awake, but mostly I sleep through it. Or I push him to his left side (he doesn't snore on that one, weird) and we all go back to sleep. I do not resent him at all for it like I did with my ex. So what daisychain said about loving someone and dealing with it (or it bothering you less) is true for me. In a perfect world, no one would snore, and we could all get some damn sleep.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:24 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

paprikapapaya wrote:
A celebration of all things peaceful, organic and WERD?

Only conformists spell correctly!

On the flip side, someone in Newcastle is opening an Austin-style vegan burrito truck. All is right with the world.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

allularpunk wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:

I am in the same boat right now! I'll even make grocery lists that I think are reasonable (and STICK to them!), and then at checkout I'm like, 'Whoa, $43?! How did that happen?' (And yes, I always check my receipts to make sure they're right.) Food is too good. I'm cutting my cute dresses budget instead.

Exactly. I think it is because I cook recipes instead of just buying cheap stuff but I am not good at looking at food and seeing a meal. If I buy random cheap stuff I will get so frustrated that I will buy takeout rather than try and make something.

In other news I have just cleaned my oven. It was really gross and I am so glad it is over with. Next up is the fridge/freezer!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:56 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

eatsbabies wrote:
Vantine wrote:
My grandfather used to clean my grandmother's glasses for her. After he died, we had to all take turns doing it because she had not done it for years.

This is so cute and sad in a bittersweet kind of way.

Agreed, so lovely and quietly sad. Randomly my friend Anne's husband does this for her.

Allularpunk: Wilson also sharpens the knives! His chef's knife is still sharp, so maybe I'll try that if I see a good lookin' mater. I could also stand to buy a tofu package opening knife.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
I could also stand to buy a tofu package opening knife.

Ha! Also, you need to learn to do this thing, because I won't always be around to advise you when the end comes and you're trying to slice tomatoes after the apocalypse.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am 
Ninja Master

I hope the noise in the gym drowns out the ridiculous noises my stomach is making today! So. Loud.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1400, 1401, 1402, 1403, 1404, 1405, 1406 ... 1826  Next