| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1408, 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

She was probably barking at you to get down there and feed her some already. Nothing to do with burning down the house!!!

I got Lexi to heel off-leash in the woods and stay at the heel for about 5 mins of walking with no leash. I thought she was amazing.

Then when I was putting my mac and cheese in the oven she stuck her head right into my food and took a big mouthful.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

If I only had the local vegan group for support, I definitely wouldn't last. Or at least, I wouldn't have any vegan friends. They're so forking histrionic, I can't even handle it. I love you, PPK.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My vegan friends moved down to England earlier this year so I no longer have any in the city; I didn't even know there was a vegan group here until I saw the last post, but even so it doesn't sound too great :(

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:05 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Imogen wrote:
My vegan friends moved down to England earlier this year so I no longer have any in the city; I didn't even know there was a vegan group here until I saw the last post, but even so it doesn't sound too great :(

Some people are alright... but yeah. It can be more than a little ridic.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My friend's baby shower is in a few weeks. I was happy about it, because I haven't seen my friend in forever, and also I know the road to pregnancy was long and difficult for her, so this is really a celebration. Today her mom emailed, saying "Just so you know, there is going to be a pig roast," and now all I can think about is that there is going to be a whole pig carcass there, getting its roasting carcass smell everywhere and blahhhh.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

RC, gross. I can't remember where, but I feel like I was somewhere recently that had a pig roast. Or maybe I had a nightmare about it. Either way, no good. (Congrats to your friend, though!)

I know I'm feeling totally out of whack when I can't even get up the gumption to cook dinner. I love cooking! What is wrong with me?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, grosssss. I so don't understand the appeal of pig roasts. (Well, obviously. But I mean, I think they're pretty disgusting even to a lot of meat eaters. Just… why?) Baby showers should be all lemonade, pasta salad and crudités. It's tradition!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my friends' fraternity had a pig roast at the end of every school year in college. i went once when i was a freshman. i was, um, under the influence, and my memories of the night are a strange mélange of bad dance music and beer smells and Lard of the flies imagery. my friend started to feel weird and wanted to go home, and i think i told her we couldn't leave unless we had the conch? anyway, it was terrible, and i was happy to leave the campus the next day and never be a part of anything like that ever again.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Just got back from interview! I think it went super well! If they don't hire me... then I don't even know! I'll just throw my hands up and say "I DON'T EVEN KNOW" because that'll be how much I don't know.

They said maybe a week and a half to make a decision. Kind of a while I feel like for a decision but mothers day is in between that and all the floral peeps will be swamped in that.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I have misplaced my copy of VwaV. Thankfully, the fronch toast recipe is all over the internets.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:26 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

today I did a good deed out of anger! I went to return some pants to uniqlo that didn't fit me. I got store credit because I was returning them late. the cashier was a jerk to me. I went to find some other clothes to get and tried on a bunch of things that would all have fit me if they made clothes in a size bigger. The few things that come in XL were too small. Everything else only came in large and also didn't work. So, I got shopping rage and ended up giving me $50 store credit gift card to a girl on the street with a sign saying she'd lost everything in hurricane sandy. Selfishly it made me feel better and got rid of my anger at uniqlo.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Hey, that's awesome, ijdi! I bet you made that girl's day.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I can mash potato, I can do the twist

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:43 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm angrysad. Someone cheer me up!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 am 
Seagull of the PPK

go read the vegan pet peeve thread with the manky choobs. that cheered me up yesterday.

i have decided to take a month long break from a job (and potentially not come back). now have to tell everyone. this is not going to be pretty.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 am 
Ninja Master

One of the stories on the local radio station news is that Kim Kardashian's sister fancies Edward Cullen. No, really!

Obviously a slow news day in the Surrey/Hants border area!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I am SO sick of hearing how people my age like open concept work offices, how we like to jump from career to career, how we like constant change and instability. I am told this every day by my older, baby boomer co-workers. Um, no. It's just that this is what is inflicted on us and it's either adapt or perish. I don't know anyone who LIKES the instability of the working world of today or who likes having to find new work all the time. Nor do I actually know any people who love working in open concept, call center like spaces? But yet I'm told this everyday.

People I know want those long, cushy careers with plush pensions that baby boomers have had, but they literally don't exist anymore or are a rarity. And yet I'm told that this is the way my generation likes it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Our house has been on the rental market for two days now, and we've had someone knock on our door asking us questions two days in a row. Who thinks that's okay to do? I'm renting this house. I am not the property management company. At least they didn't ask to come inside.

I emailed the property manager asking her to put something on the ad about not disturbing the tenants, and she apologized and said it's never been a problem before. The rental market in Nashville is super competitive right now, so I get where these people are coming from, but what exactly do they expect from me? Call the number on the dang ad, stupids.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ijustdiedinside wrote:
today I did a good deed out of anger! I went to return some pants to uniqlo that didn't fit me. I got store credit because I was returning them late. the cashier was a jerk to me. I went to find some other clothes to get and tried on a bunch of things that would all have fit me if they made clothes in a size bigger. The few things that come in XL were too small. Everything else only came in large and also didn't work. So, I got shopping rage and ended up giving me $50 store credit gift card to a girl on the street with a sign saying she'd lost everything in hurricane sandy. Selfishly it made me feel better and got rid of my anger at uniqlo.

That was super sweet of you, especially after rage-inducing stupid clothing sizes.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am 

idji, that's incredibly kind and I'm sure you made that girl so happy. I hate straight clothing sizes and how much they can vary from brand to brand. or worse, when stores don't carry anything larger than a Medium/Large (like H&M). I guess I'm so fat that stores don't even WANT me wearing their clothes!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

paprikapapaya wrote:

People I know want those long, cushy careers with plush pensions that baby boomers have had, but they literally don't exist anymore or are a rarity. And yet I'm told that this is the way my generation likes it.

I'm told by my parents on a fairly regular basis (well, less now that I quit the restaurant...[and am making less money]) that not only do those jobs exist, but they are common, so why the heck don't I have one yet? SIGH.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 am 
Nailed to the V

paprikapapaya wrote:
idji, that's incredibly kind and I'm sure you made that girl so happy. I hate straight clothing sizes and how much they can vary from brand to brand. or worse, when stores don't carry anything larger than a Medium/Large (like H&M). I guess I'm so fat that stores don't even WANT me wearing their clothes!

ugh, I hate how much clothes vary. i'm six foot and therefore clothes always fit weird on me. and NOTHING is ever the right length! i literally own ONE pair of trousers. and no way I can buy anymore without ordering a load online and having to return half of them. cos who knows what size would fit? i could order one size in one store and in the next store be two sizes bigger. it makes NO sense. Shopping with my SO, he's like, "i'll buy you this top, what size are you" and then doesn't understand when I say "well, either a small, medium, or large, I have no idea" ...

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

paprikapapaya wrote:

Agreed, super sweet of you ijdi! I hate the changing sizes, because I take much larger at H&M than elsewhere and it makes me neurotic. My H&M always has XL and sometimes even XXL. Maybe yours just sells out quickly?

allularpunk wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

I'm told by my parents on a fairly regular basis (well, less now that I quit the restaurant...[and am making less money]) that not only do those jobs exist, but they are common, so why the heck don't I have one yet? SIGH.

AAAAAARGH. I am on board with this so much! I would LOVE to get into an organization, invest myself, and stay there for life (and get rewarded with a nice pension and so on), but that seems nearly impossible these days, especially around this area where places are starting up and burning out and getting bought and whatever so quickly. It's not like I WANT that, but I have no choice! I think people that say things like how our generation likes this kind of lifestyle are the people who don't want to believe that society is screwing over their kids. They want to think that we've screwed ourselves so that they don't have to feel bad or take any responsibility. "Hey, this is what you wanted, okay? Not our problem! We have golf to go play!"

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I swear, there is nothing like doing a good facebook friends list purge. Took off some annoying peoples and added 4 new nice ones!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am 

Yes, it's definitely a transfer of ownership onto us, when we're the ones who just inherited the problem!

I have co-workers who complain when the company (which is a large conglomerate) took away their ability to bank vacation days (and some people I work with get _6 WEEKS_ vacation each year). I'm not one of them because I'm on contract and have been for 4 years (because baby boomers are staying longer, not retiring and have the jobs they've kept for 30 years) and therefore I don't get paid vacation time. SERIOUSLY, you're complaining about that? I don't think I know anyone in my age group that gets paid vacation, let alone the ability to bank their massive vacation amounts each year. At the end of each fiscal year, they're complaining about having leftover vacation time to take since they can't bank it. BOO forking HOO. And stuff like vacation time, benefits, pensions, are being decreased all the time...and this is what my generation will have to deal with.

And my in-laws, who are now retired, were talking about this with me and were saying that it's hard because boomers aren't as well-off as they thought they'd be at retirement age. Yeah, that may be so, but can you imagine how terrible the situation is going to be for people my age who can't get settled in a career until way later than the boomers did, and maybe never be able to do that?

And now the company I work for, as I'm sure I've complained on here many times, decided to get with the 21st century and tear down walls and get everyone into this open concept thing. It's literally the worst thing ever, and every time I complain, someone says, "But you're young! You young people love open concept and collaboration!" Um? People my age are as diverse in their needs and personalities as any other group. Stop deluding yourself!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1408, 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1864  Next