| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414, 1415 ... 1859  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 am 
Nooch of Earl

I am so sick of these FB posts that boil down, essentially, to how good certain people have it. Like poor people, with their <$15k/year incomes living high on the hog with their free cell phones. Or inmates, with their free room and board (I'm not totally sure about that, but..). Or that one going around about how all inmates should be housed in tents and working outside at hard physical labor on literal chain gangs.

And these things are invariably posted by people whose entire salary (with, I might add, pretty generous fixed benefit pensions and good healthcare benefits paid at 100%) is paid by the federal government.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am 
Ninja Master

allularpunk wrote:
I swear, there is nothing like doing a good facebook friends list purge. Took off some annoying peoples and added 4 new nice ones!

I like a good fb cull every now and then too!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:13 am 
And you never will.

allularpunk wrote:
I swear, there is nothing like doing a good facebook friends list purge. Took off some annoying peoples and added 4 new nice ones!

Hello, friend!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

poopiebitch wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Hello, friend!

Hiya!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

fisticuffs wrote:
I'm angrysad. Someone cheer me up!

I wish I was in BE right now! I'd come grab you for a beer and vegan buffet!

But maybe this will work: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=997_1267107954

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Today at work:
Volunteer: "There is something I've been meaning to tell you for a really long time."
Me: "Okay. What is it?"
Volunteer: "There's this young actress. I think her name is Zoe something? And you look like her."
Me: "Oh, really?"
Volunteer: "EXACTLY LIKE HER. EXACTLY."

It was a little bit creepy. She was just completely adamant that I look EXACTLY like Zoe somebody. And then she had to go and tell everyone else about it. (Everyone else was just as confused as I was.)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:53 am 
WELFARIST!

^Maybe she means Zoey Deschanel, raspberries? I think it's New Girl (the sitcom she's on).

The lady who washed my hair at the salon recently told me she was trying to figure out who I looked like while my head was in her sink and came up with Michelle Pfeiffer. I'd never heard that one before!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That's the only "Zoe" actress I could think of too, but I definitely don't look exactly like Zooey Deschanel! The volunteer also said, "You are the quietest girl!" in this tone of voice like she was absolutely delighted by that fact. Which is also a weird thing to say to somebody, so the entire conversation was just really weird.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:13 pm 
Chip Strong

Zoe Kazan? I don't know what you look like.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Zoe Wanamaker?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Had an anxiety trigger pulled earlier today so I spent a couple hours at work freaking out about that (nothing related to work).

I've also been super ridiculously busy as new programs come into place and today's the first day I've semi-caught up from that and it's a slightly lower stress day and now I just can't find the motivation to do work at a normal pace. I'm procrastinating, PPKing and facebooking all over the place.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

paprikapapaya wrote:
idji, that's incredibly kind and I'm sure you made that girl so happy. I hate straight clothing sizes and how much they can vary from brand to brand. or worse, when stores don't carry anything larger than a Medium/Large (like H&M). I guess I'm so fat that stores don't even WANT me wearing their clothes!

Yeah, pretty much! When I moved from NL, we had H&M here finally, so I went in expecting to buy clothes like I could in Europe. Nope! They looked at me like I was bug scum and said they don't sell them. It was apparently a corporate decision to preserve their "brand integrity." I read a WSJ article about it at the time. I'll never go into an H&M, ever, no matter what they do with sizes.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

paprikapapaya wrote:
I am SO sick of hearing how people my age like open concept work offices, how we like to jump from career to career, how we like constant change and instability. I am told this every day by my older, baby boomer co-workers. Um, no. It's just that this is what is inflicted on us and it's either adapt or perish. I don't know anyone who LIKES the instability of the working world of today or who likes having to find new work all the time. Nor do I actually know any people who love working in open concept, call center like spaces? But yet I'm told this everyday.

People I know want those long, cushy careers with plush pensions that baby boomers have had, but they literally don't exist anymore or are a rarity. And yet I'm told that this is the way my generation likes it.

Even though I don't think I would be able to cope well in an open concept office because I am so self-concious I am praying that we are made have an open plan office with everyone in the building. It is only because the 4 people I share an office with are the bitchiest people I have ever met and I think it would be good for them to have to work in the same open plan office to learn it is not acceptable to act in the way they do. I think it would also be incredibly hilarious to see how they would cope with having to share space with all the people they despise and moan about all day.

Funny part is..... all these people they don't like are fully aware of it and actually think it would be hilarious for it to happen too.

On another work related note related to the above people. Work was super hilarious today because some of the nice people in the building decided to rile up the not nice people then do a runner. So, so funny. Love that I don't feel alone anymore. Also, I think one of the other professionals is starting to realise I am not like the others in my office. She actually paid a compliment to me about how I dealt with a client. The others weren't impressed. muahahahahhahaha

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Random things about today:

-There is soapy liquid watercolor all over the back hatch area of my new car. Luckily it's just on the liner and will wash off, but still. Stupid art supplies.
-I am currently chugging coffee.
-Can't decide whether to buy my mom an actual card for Mothers Day or just fold up the example for the project we're doing today because it's my hand and cut out paper flowers and says 'I love you!' on it. She may or may not appreciate this, but I really want her to hang it on her fridge, despite the fact that I'm 30 goddamn years old.
-In a couple of hours my guy has to have another talk with my ex, about whether or not he can continue to work there or needs some time off or something, and I'm really nervous for him because my ex is so volatile, and just the thought of having that conversation makes me sweat a little.
-I get to Skype with my brother tonight!
-And have noodles for dinner!
-Coffee!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm packing right now! I leave for Seattle in the morning!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 pm 
Nailed to the V

jojo wrote:

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:35 pm 
Mediocre Tart

jojo wrote:

I'M ON MY WAY (to your suitcase)!!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Jojo! To the west coast!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:08 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

jojo wrote:

yay!!
travel safely!!
I can't wait to meet you!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm 
Dead by dawn

interrobang?! wrote:
jojo wrote:

I'M ON MY WAY (to your suitcase)!!

Yes, please!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

paprikapapaya wrote:
idji, that's incredibly kind and I'm sure you made that girl so happy. I hate straight clothing sizes and how much they can vary from brand to brand. or worse, when stores don't carry anything larger than a Medium/Large (like H&M). I guess I'm so fat that stores don't even WANT me wearing their clothes!

yes! that's totally how I feel!

DarthCupcake, H&M is super selective about the items they carry in XL/XXL, so most of the things I see that I actually want to wear, don't come in my size.

Speaking of this, does anyone know of any good places to get button down shirts that button over a large bust?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:37 pm 
Dead by dawn

Ugh, I don't know if I'm going to make it through this week at work. It's like everyone in Seattle woke up two weeks ago and said I'm going to buy a house! Which is great. Seriously, I will do all the purchase loans in the world. Except that all of these people somehow also decided that they were going to buy a new, bigger, more expensive house than the one they have now without selling the first one. Which is also great if you can swing it, but not everyone is positioned to become a real estate tycoon. They're neglecting to think about the little details like, if you don't sell your current house, where is your down payment going to come from, and can you actually afford two house payments? (Hint: most people can't actually afford two house payments.)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was playing with my dog out in the yard, and did not see Basko behind me. I had a rope in my hand and was going to throw it, so I swung my hand back. Basko must have seen the rope swinging toward him and lunged for it, because the next thing I know, something large has smashed into my hand/wrist. It hurt so forking bad. I think it was his mouth that made contact, because there are little indentations in my hand that are turning into blood blisters. It didn't break the skin, so I don't know why it hurt so much, but the pain was so intense that I had to sit down because I felt like I was going to pass out and/or vomit. Ugh. Bad doggie.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:06 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I decided to use two sick days to go to the music festival with my friend in Napa tomorrow and Friday. Two hours ago, my principal pings me a meeting request for tomorrow, and when I politely ask if we can push it to Monday or Tuesday (I have plenty of valid reasons), she said no, it has to be by the end of the week.

She ALWAYS DOES THIS. She observed my class for my end of year observation/decision about whether or not to keep me on next year without any warning! Just showed up and sat in! She never gives me even a full day's notice on when she wants to have meetings, but then refuses to be flexible with the timing, like I can totally drop anything I might be doing during my conference period (this has been an issue before, not just with me wanting to take a sick day).

So I told her I'm feeling unwell and probably won't be in tomorrow, and offered to have the meeting over the phone. So tomorrow morning, there's a chance that I will have to lock myself into my friend's car to have a meeting with my principal. Because life. ARGH. Now I feel awful about taking the sick days and think that I shouldn't, but my friend bought my ticket to the festival and is counting on me so I can't back out on her either.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

daisychain wrote:
She was probably barking at you to get down there and feed her some already. Nothing to do with burning down the house!!!

I got Lexi to heel off-leash in the woods and stay at the heel for about 5 mins of walking with no leash. I thought she was amazing.

Then when I was putting my mac and cheese in the oven she stuck her head right into my food and took a big mouthful.

I'm a little bit in love with Lexi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414, 1415 ... 1859  Next