| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421 ... 1766  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:05 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3451
Location: Nashville, TN
poopiebitch wrote:
creep wrote:
Accidentally ate stupid butter at the Indian buffet. Dumbest mistake ever too, because vegan items are labeled, and I kept thinking "I wonder what makes this taste so buttery." Uhhh, butter! No particular reason either. My brain just shut off for a half hour, apparently.

Was that at Woodlands? We almost stopped there today on the way back from Chattanooga, but decided to just head straight home instead. Now that I'm thinking about their buffet I'm kind of wishing we had stopped :)


Yes! The vegan and gluten free labeling is relatively new, and I thought I normally knew what contained dairy and what didn't, but I've probably eaten some in the past there, judging by the dish that got me. Murrrrrrrrrr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Brighton, England.
I'm having loads of fun in Seattle! We caught a few short films at the Transgender Film Festival on Saturday followed by a super fun PPK meet up and then yesterday we went to a baseball game with FootFace & TRS! It was rad and there was an epic amount of vegan food at the stadium. Then last night Nick & I played on old school arcade games and ate stuffed crust pizza!

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
jojo, that sounds so awesome!

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am
Posts: 2566
Location: England
Our Principal has asked me to take on a huge project which will peas a lot of people off (the project, not that fact that it's me, they'll be relieved it's not them). I'm sort of pleased to be asked but sort of dreading it because there is a huge facility for it to go wrong. So I don't know whether this is the best part of my day or the worst.

_________________
http://cookingtheveganbooks.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3712
Location: Edinburgh
allularpunk wrote:
jojo, that sounds so awesome!

Seriously. I'm totally jealous.

I love living in Edinburgh, but sometimes the weather does my head in. You know that CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (comin' down on a sunny day, etc.)? And if you're from the US, you probably thought, well that just doesn't happen. Well, it happens in Edinburgh. Frequently. Because the weather is forked up. And you'd think I would've learned, having lived here for nearly 8 years, that I can't assume it'll be a sunny day just because it's sunny in the morning. But no, I saw sunshine and left my umbrella at home. It's been raining off and on all damn day.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: the Eug
I could use some happy thoughts. I need to get a job and am terrified of landing in another horrid situation.
So... happy perfect part-time job thoughts.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 409
Location: Midlands, UK
rachell37 wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
jojo, that sounds so awesome!

Seriously. I'm totally jealous.

I love living in Edinburgh, but sometimes the weather does my head in. You know that CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (comin' down on a sunny day, etc.)? And if you're from the US, you probably thought, well that just doesn't happen. Well, it happens in Edinburgh. Frequently. Because the weather is forked up. And you'd think I would've learned, having lived here for nearly 8 years, that I can't assume it'll be a sunny day just because it's sunny in the morning. But no, I saw sunshine and left my umbrella at home. It's been raining off and on all damn day.


I stepped out today, sun was shining, so I thought, yeah it's cool, I'm not going to get wet, I'm only popping to the shop. But it was raining! WHILE IT WAS SUNNY! Weather doesn't work like that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3968
Location: Meh-phis
vixki wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
I love living in Edinburgh, but sometimes the weather does my head in. You know that CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (comin' down on a sunny day, etc.)? And if you're from the US, you probably thought, well that just doesn't happen. Well, it happens in Edinburgh. Frequently. Because the weather is forked up. And you'd think I would've learned, having lived here for nearly 8 years, that I can't assume it'll be a sunny day just because it's sunny in the morning. But no, I saw sunshine and left my umbrella at home. It's been raining off and on all damn day.


I stepped out today, sun was shining, so I thought, yeah it's cool, I'm not going to get wet, I'm only popping to the shop. But it was raining! WHILE IT WAS SUNNY! Weather doesn't work like that!

Haha, it totally happens in Memphis! Our average annual rainfall is over 53 inches - it rains while the sun is shining all the time!

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
it happens in ny too, but i kind of love it. i always freeze in the middle of the sidewalk and hold up foot traffic while i spin around looking for sunshower rainbows like a dork.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1434
Location: Hamburg, Germany
rachell37 wrote:
I love living in Edinburgh, but sometimes the weather does my head in. You know that CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (comin' down on a sunny day, etc.)? And if you're from the US, you probably thought, well that just doesn't happen. Well, it happens in Edinburgh. Frequently. Because the weather is forked up. And you'd think I would've learned, having lived here for nearly 8 years, that I can't assume it'll be a sunny day just because it's sunny in the morning. But no, I saw sunshine and left my umbrella at home. It's been raining off and on all damn day.


Typical Hamburg summer weather. It happened a lot in Lille too, especially the low sun combined with a super heavy, super dark cloud cover and showers. You know that light that a lot of Flemish paintings have, where everything is dark but golden at the same time? Like that, IRL. I have rarely seen it outside of Flanders/Hanse and it always gives me the weirdest case of homesickness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
vixki wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
jojo, that sounds so awesome!

Seriously. I'm totally jealous.

I love living in Edinburgh, but sometimes the weather does my head in. You know that CCR song "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" (comin' down on a sunny day, etc.)? And if you're from the US, you probably thought, well that just doesn't happen. Well, it happens in Edinburgh. Frequently. Because the weather is forked up. And you'd think I would've learned, having lived here for nearly 8 years, that I can't assume it'll be a sunny day just because it's sunny in the morning. But no, I saw sunshine and left my umbrella at home. It's been raining off and on all damn day.


I stepped out today, sun was shining, so I thought, yeah it's cool, I'm not going to get wet, I'm only popping to the shop. But it was raining! WHILE IT WAS SUNNY! Weather doesn't work like that!

This happens from time to time around here, but not all that often. Sometimes if it happens just the right way around sunset the sky will be clear over where the sun is setting and overcast/still raining a little elsewhere and everything is purple and orange and lovely.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm
Posts: 516
Location: Sun City
I'm pretty annoyed at the clip-art images and other pictures that one of our professors uses in her presentations because she thinks they're funny and will hold our attention. In one of her powerpoints, for example, she used a picture of an obese woman wearing a Burger King crown next to a description of insulin resistance and type II diabetes. There was another one talking about hirsutism next to a clip art cartoon of a circus sideshow act.

How unprofessional and immature. I would hate to be one of her patients...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6640
Location: bindlestiff
jojo wrote:
I'm having loads of fun in Seattle! We caught a few short films at the Transgender Film Festival on Saturday followed by a super fun PPK meet up and then yesterday we went to a baseball game with FootFace & TRS! It was rad and there was an epic amount of vegan food at the stadium. Then last night Nick & I played on old school arcade games and ate stuffed crust pizza!

We have to go to Ground Kontrol when you are here! Arcade games and vegan menu!

_________________
Whoopie pies are always a good idea. ---P. bisque

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Brighton, England.
pandacookie wrote:
jojo wrote:
I'm having loads of fun in Seattle! We caught a few short films at the Transgender Film Festival on Saturday followed by a super fun PPK meet up and then yesterday we went to a baseball game with FootFace & TRS! It was rad and there was an epic amount of vegan food at the stadium. Then last night Nick & I played on old school arcade games and ate stuffed crust pizza!

We have to go to Ground Kontrol when you are here! Arcade games and vegan menu!


Yes!! I am the worst at all of the games but it's still so much fun!

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1375
Location: Pasadena/Boston
Sometimes it occurs to me that I'm at a top university in astronomy getting ready to make a case to my medieval literature professor about Dantean political elements in David Bowie's new single and I think "life is surreal."

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm 
Impressive boner
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3855
Location: Nottingham.
I adore Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am
Posts: 2566
Location: England
mendelian wrote:
Efcliz wrote:
I have a rash all over me. I had it before about 3 months ago and the doc sent me for tests but it all came back negative and he said he thought it was an allergy. It went and there's been no trace, but now it's back worse than before and it is everywhere, even my hands, feet and chin. On my boobs, tum, bum and back it is in stripes and looks like scratches and is raised, and on my arms and legs it is bleeding. The pharmacist said it might be shingles but I'm not in any pain. It's horrid and I wish it would go.


I'm dealing with something similar but as of yet it's only on my face (though spreading). Raised, kind of hot and itchy as fork. Today was a fourth trip to the doctor who said she has no idea what it is. Ace. Then I tried to make a House joke by asking her if it was Lupus (It's never Lupus!) but she didn't get it and that made me double bummed out.

Rashes are miserable. I hope it clears up soon for us both.


I went to a different doctor, who also had no idea what it is. On my back and boobs now it looks like someone has been whipping me but I can assure you they haven't. His best guess now is some kind of vasculitis. I'm going for extra blood tests tomorrow and then he's going to see about sending me to a dermatology specialist. I even told him voluntarily about being vegan (don't normally mention it) and he said it can't be related.

_________________
http://cookingtheveganbooks.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3140
Location: Almost Boston
Slightly freaking out right now, because my friend's graduation is this weekend and I still have nothing to wear. She is graduating from veterinary school, so it's a big deal and probably going to be fancy? And then afterwards, she has invited her guests to a country club for dinner. A mother forking country club, you guys. I assume there is a dress code and I will have to disguise myself so no one knows I'm a commoner. The problem is that I am pretty broke right now and also that the chance of me getting to a clothing store before the weekend is basically zero. And I'm not exaggerating when I say I have nothing to wear. I hate dressing up and I never leave the house anyway, so I don't have nice clothes. I don't really know what to do. None of my friends wear the same size as me, so I can't borrow a dress or shoes. I'm totally gonna get kicked out of the country club!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:00 pm 
Cranky
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Indiana (again)
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Slightly freaking out right now, because my friend's graduation is this weekend and I still have nothing to wear. She is graduating from veterinary school, so it's a big deal and probably going to be fancy? And then afterwards, she has invited her guests to a country club for dinner. A mother forking country club, you guys. I assume there is a dress code and I will have to disguise myself so no one knows I'm a commoner. The problem is that I am pretty broke right now and also that the chance of me getting to a clothing store before the weekend is basically zero. And I'm not exaggerating when I say I have nothing to wear. I hate dressing up and I never leave the house anyway, so I don't have nice clothes. I don't really know what to do. None of my friends wear the same size as me, so I can't borrow a dress or shoes. I'm totally gonna get kicked out of the country club!


Do you have a Savers near you? I've had good luck finding dresses there for around $10.

_________________
No. No. fork life allatimes. - mumbles
That commercial didn't make me want to go out and buy Dove, but this thread did make me sniff my armpits. They smell like apricot. - designedtobekind


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:16 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3140
Location: Almost Boston
Unfortunately, there are no thrift or discount stores in my town. (If there were, I would probably be there every day!) There aren't really any clothing stores in my town at all, besides one or two tiny overpriced boutiques. I've never been to Savers; I think the nearest one is 1/2 an hour away. Getting out of town is hard, because I can't drive, and the public transportation here sucks. It's normally not a problem, because I don't like going out and going shopping. Obviously, this is all my friend's fault for graduating!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 9952
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
I think zappos has clothes and free overnight shipping and free returns , so you could try getting a few things on there and then returning what doesn't fit.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:35 pm 
Cranky
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Indiana (again)
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Unfortunately, there are no thrift or discount stores in my town. (If there were, I would probably be there every day!) There aren't really any clothing stores in my town at all, besides one or two tiny overpriced boutiques. I've never been to Savers; I think the nearest one is 1/2 an hour away. Getting out of town is hard, because I can't drive, and the public transportation here sucks. It's normally not a problem, because I don't like going out and going shopping. Obviously, this is all my friend's fault for graduating!


The Hanover/Norwell one is quite good if you can catch a ride--I used to go weekly when I worked down there, and I found a number of awesome things for cheap. The best Savers is in Framingham, though. Can you convince your mom to go on a shopping trip?

_________________
No. No. fork life allatimes. - mumbles
That commercial didn't make me want to go out and buy Dove, but this thread did make me sniff my armpits. They smell like apricot. - designedtobekind


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:54 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3140
Location: Almost Boston
My mom hates shopping almost as much as I do! But if the old dress she's planning on wearing doesn't fit, I guess we'll have to go on a mother-daughter shopping spree.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I think zappos has clothes and free overnight shipping and free returns , so you could try getting a few things on there and then returning what doesn't fit.

Yeah, I have been looking online. I have amazon prime, so if I got something with the free 2 day shipping there, it would arrive in time too. But everything is so expensive and overwhelming. Asking me to pick out a nice outfit is like handing a random person a pile of bricks and asking them to build a house. I have NO idea what I'm doing, what looks good on me, what size I wear, what shoes go with what dress, etc., and I get overwhelmed really quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:31 pm 
Semen Strong
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18627
Location: Cliffbar NJ
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I have amazon prime, so if I got something with the free 2 day shipping there, it would arrive in time too. But everything is so expensive and overwhelming. ... I have NO idea what I'm doing, what looks good on me, what size I wear, what shoes go with what dress, etc., and I get overwhelmed really quickly.


Can you make a thread and post a picture of yourself along with budget, favorite colors and lengths and styles you like and stuff you know you wouldn't wear? And if you already have shoes that you like, post a picture of those. People here have great fashion sense, and maybe someone can post links to amazon of things you might like.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3140
Location: Almost Boston
I have $45 in cash (that was supposed to be for food this week), no shoes, no opinion on styles, and no motivation. Maybe I'll just fashion a bedsheet into a toga.

This is how much I hate clothes shopping: I got out my summer clothes the other day, and realised I have been wearing the same pair of shorts since about 1997. They are bright blue, made of that shiny 90s nylon material, and the waistband comes halfway up my ribcage. And that is the best (only ones that aren't falling apart) pair of shorts I have. And yet I would rather wear those all summer than go out and buy new ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 44134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421 ... 1766  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1strangegirlbygolly!, ashley, Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer