| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 1891  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Fee wrote:
WORD WON'T STOP AUTOFORMATTING AND NO ONE ELSE CHANGES THE TONER

Tools-> Autocorrect...
Then uncheck all the boxes that you don't want

Unfortunately, there's no fix for crappy coworkers.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Oh border lines. Stupid border lines.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I wish my mom had more compassion for my grandma (who is dying). She is not a caregiver, the whole family knows. But they live together and she is "officially responsible", and (it breaks my heart to hear about it, in every possible way).

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:31 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Boyfriend and I are going to look at and apply for an apartment we want today. I don't know what to wear to look like I'm a respectable, responsible person that the landlords would like to rent to. We really want this place.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The answer to socially acceptable clothing for situations is almost always: as boring as possible. Plain stuff nobody will notice or think anything about.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jordanpattern wrote:
Boyfriend and I are going to look at and apply for an apartment we want today. I don't know what to wear to look like I'm a respectable, responsible person that the landlords would like to rent to. We really want this place.

Jeans and a t-shirt? Is that a situation people really dress nicely for? I have lots of visible tattoos and dress pretty casually and have never had a problem renting a place in person.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

After years of pretending that my eyesight is totally fine, I think it may be time to admit to myself that I definitely need glasses.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Fee wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.

That is a pain in my rear at work. That changing of the underscore line to something else altogether that looks shabby and unprofessional drives me to a complete and utter ragetastic mood. When it auto-formats I go to edit then choose undo auto-format. Then marvel at how much better it looks my way rather than microsofts way.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

daisychain wrote:
Fee wrote:

That is a pain in my rear at work. That changing of the underscore line to something else altogether that looks shabby and unprofessional drives me to a complete and utter ragetastic mood. When it auto-formats I go to edit then choose undo auto-format. Then marvel at how much better it looks my way rather than microsofts way.

This. Also, right after it happens, a little box will pop up in front that has a lightening bolt on it. if you click on that, you can tell it to stop automatically creating border lines.
It's also under File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type and then you click on border lines.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm 
Semen Strong

jordanpattern wrote:

Good luck! How exciting!

If you were looking in the North East, I'd say shirt and dress pants, but I don't know what the appropriate attire would be in Portland. I would say you can't go wrong with business casual :)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

joyfulgirl wrote:
daisychain wrote:
Fee wrote:

This. Also, right after it happens, a little box will pop up in front that has a lightening bolt on it. if you click on that, you can tell it to stop automatically creating border lines.
It's also under File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type and then you click on border lines.

Oooooooh! Must try that! Although I don't think we can save things like that on the work computers. I think once you log out it resets all the settings back to the standard settings.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I went outside to enjoy the sun with a book and coffee for like a half hour, and now I'm snotting all over the place. Stupid spring.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm so frustrated with my work right now that I'm in a "I don't give a fork" mood today. And my interview is probably going to be today for the position that I've really wanted for a while. Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:43 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I went upstairs to my bedroom and it smells really strongly of candles. I have not been burning candles in there (ever, I don't think), but there is a wall vent in the party wall that I assume is the reason I can sometimes smell pot.

Should I be worried that my neighbours have got a lot of candles going? Am I going to be burned to a crisp in my bed tonight? Do I worry too much about everything? (I haven't seen that spider in hours, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's going to leap at my face every time I go near the sink now!)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I filled up my mug with hot water about an hour ago intending to have tea, and then I forgot to put a tea bag in, so now I just have a mug of warm water. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i don't know how people spend the whole day in an office. I spent my entire day (830-630) in a small room and i have a headache from fluorescent lights, a sore throat, and a case of the stabbies. made me feel almost relieved to get home and translate 5 pages....

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

mollyjade wrote:
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
Semen Strong

kilgore trout wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.

It reminds me of the article on "Gaslighting" http://thecurrentconscience.com/blog/20 ... %E2%80%9D/

For me its an ad hominem attack of sorts, implying that the other person is charged up and somehow in the wrong, instead of addressing the merits of their argument.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

kilgore trout wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

fyi you should tell booberthefraggle to relax at any chance you get

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I keep wanting to post more videos of me Ukuleleing but every time I go to record whatever it is I'm working on I keep messing up the songs! But when not recording can often play it the whole way through. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mars wrote:
I keep wanting to post more videos of me Ukuleleing but every time I go to record whatever it is I'm working on I keep messing up the songs! But when not recording can often play it the whole way through. :P

Ah, that's so frustrating. What's been annoying me is managing to do a halfway decent recording on my phone and then realising my phone's format for recordings seems unaccountably difficult to re-format so that people can actually listen to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:18 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

Good luck! You're gonna nail it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 1891  Next