| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 1891  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 4099
Location: Austin
Fee wrote:
WORD WON'T STOP AUTOFORMATTING AND NO ONE ELSE CHANGES THE TONER

Tools-> Autocorrect...
Then uncheck all the boxes that you don't want

Unfortunately, there's no fix for crappy coworkers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5458
Location: BRLA
Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5458
Location: BRLA
Oh border lines. Stupid border lines.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4651
Location: zomgz dijk
I wish my mom had more compassion for my grandma (who is dying). She is not a caregiver, the whole family knows. But they live together and she is "officially responsible", and (it breaks my heart to hear about it, in every possible way).

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7667
Location: Portland
Boyfriend and I are going to look at and apply for an apartment we want today. I don't know what to wear to look like I'm a respectable, responsible person that the landlords would like to rent to. We really want this place.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12251
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
The answer to socially acceptable clothing for situations is almost always: as boring as possible. Plain stuff nobody will notice or think anything about.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
jordanpattern wrote:
Boyfriend and I are going to look at and apply for an apartment we want today. I don't know what to wear to look like I'm a respectable, responsible person that the landlords would like to rent to. We really want this place.


Jeans and a t-shirt? Is that a situation people really dress nicely for? I have lots of visible tattoos and dress pretty casually and have never had a problem renting a place in person.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3262
Location: Almost Boston
After years of pretending that my eyesight is totally fine, I think it may be time to admit to myself that I definitely need glasses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3285
Location: Ireland
Fee wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.


That is a pain in my rear at work. That changing of the underscore line to something else altogether that looks shabby and unprofessional drives me to a complete and utter ragetastic mood. When it auto-formats I go to edit then choose undo auto-format. Then marvel at how much better it looks my way rather than microsofts way.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: PORTLAND!
daisychain wrote:
Fee wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.


That is a pain in my rear at work. That changing of the underscore line to something else altogether that looks shabby and unprofessional drives me to a complete and utter ragetastic mood. When it auto-formats I go to edit then choose undo auto-format. Then marvel at how much better it looks my way rather than microsofts way.

This. Also, right after it happens, a little box will pop up in front that has a lightening bolt on it. if you click on that, you can tell it to stop automatically creating border lines.
It's also under File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type and then you click on border lines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19215
Location: Cliffbar NJ
jordanpattern wrote:
Boyfriend and I are going to look at and apply for an apartment we want today. I don't know what to wear to look like I'm a respectable, responsible person that the landlords would like to rent to. We really want this place.


Good luck! How exciting!

If you were looking in the North East, I'd say shirt and dress pants, but I don't know what the appropriate attire would be in Portland. I would say you can't go wrong with business casual :)

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3285
Location: Ireland
joyfulgirl wrote:
daisychain wrote:
Fee wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to sound stupid but when you do like a long underscore line, it autoformats to something else and I don't know what's autoformatting to. I just want to make my own lines, not the weird cannot be deleted Word Line Thing. What is that thing? And I can't find the box for that.


That is a pain in my rear at work. That changing of the underscore line to something else altogether that looks shabby and unprofessional drives me to a complete and utter ragetastic mood. When it auto-formats I go to edit then choose undo auto-format. Then marvel at how much better it looks my way rather than microsofts way.

This. Also, right after it happens, a little box will pop up in front that has a lightening bolt on it. if you click on that, you can tell it to stop automatically creating border lines.
It's also under File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type and then you click on border lines.



Oooooooh! Must try that! Although I don't think we can save things like that on the work computers. I think once you log out it resets all the settings back to the standard settings.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
I went outside to enjoy the sun with a book and coffee for like a half hour, and now I'm snotting all over the place. Stupid spring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5323
Location: Gallifrey
I'm so frustrated with my work right now that I'm in a "I don't give a fork" mood today. And my interview is probably going to be today for the position that I've really wanted for a while. Awesome.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:43 pm 
Online
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2692
Location: Midlands, UK
I went upstairs to my bedroom and it smells really strongly of candles. I have not been burning candles in there (ever, I don't think), but there is a wall vent in the party wall that I assume is the reason I can sometimes smell pot.

Should I be worried that my neighbours have got a lot of candles going? Am I going to be burned to a crisp in my bed tonight? Do I worry too much about everything? (I haven't seen that spider in hours, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's going to leap at my face every time I go near the sink now!)

_________________
"I would hug the heck out of a venomous maneating whistlepig." - 8ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 4099
Location: Austin
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 pm 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3189
Location: Sacramento
I filled up my mug with hot water about an hour ago intending to have tea, and then I forgot to put a tea bag in, so now I just have a mug of warm water. Sigh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8395
Location: Brasil
i don't know how people spend the whole day in an office. I spent my entire day (830-630) in a small room and i have a headache from fluorescent lights, a sore throat, and a case of the stabbies. made me feel almost relieved to get home and translate 5 pages....

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
mollyjade wrote:
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19215
Location: Cliffbar NJ
kilgore trout wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.


It reminds me of the article on "Gaslighting" http://thecurrentconscience.com/blog/20 ... %E2%80%9D/

For me its an ad hominem attack of sorts, implying that the other person is charged up and somehow in the wrong, instead of addressing the merits of their argument.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5323
Location: Gallifrey
Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 pm 
Offline
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: idontevenknowanymore
kilgore trout wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.

fyi you should tell booberthefraggle to relax at any chance you get

_________________
reap/sow, risk/reward


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7681
Location: Portland, OR
I keep wanting to post more videos of me Ukuleleing but every time I go to record whatever it is I'm working on I keep messing up the songs! But when not recording can often play it the whole way through. :P

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 am 
Online
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2692
Location: Midlands, UK
Mars wrote:
I keep wanting to post more videos of me Ukuleleing but every time I go to record whatever it is I'm working on I keep messing up the songs! But when not recording can often play it the whole way through. :P


Ah, that's so frustrating. What's been annoying me is managing to do a halfway decent recording on my phone and then realising my phone's format for recordings seems unaccountably difficult to re-format so that people can actually listen to it.

_________________
"I would hug the heck out of a venomous maneating whistlepig." - 8ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:18 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10863
Location: Astoria, NY
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

Good luck! You're gonna nail it!

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1417, 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 1891  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: electric_claire, Google [Bot], supercarrot and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer