| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423, 1424 ... 1848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:23 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

Good luck good luck!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:27 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I am leaving for a meeting where I am going to extricate myself from a situation that has been bothering me for a while (started a business with two other people, they've turned out to be a bunch of laggards and their ideas are totally different from mine; such as, they spend months on vacation while I do the grunt work because "that's the lifestyle we're used to, and you're used to" O-o). They are going to be either shocked or furious that I'm getting out, and I don't know which will be worse. I'm prepared for both.
Time to go put on a suit, I suppose, so I feel a little better protected. Yeeeha, getting shiitake done!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:47 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Go get 'em torque!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Interview #1 is tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone- I've been working hard for this!

Good luck!

(I too have an interview tomorrow! It's for my Plan B, but you never know. It might turn out to be just perfect.)

Also, where can I congratulate boober? Because CONGRATULATIONS BOOBER! <3

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

There's a rehab near here called New Beginnings that sent someone here. The night staff listed it as New Beggings. Great name for a rehab, A+

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kilgore trout wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Telling someone to "take it easy" when you disagree with them is so condescending.

QFT. My mom's favorite word when people are disagreeing is "relax," even when all parties involved are perfectly relaxed and happen to disagree.

I hate this! If anyone is disagreeing about anything, or if the conversation turns slightly political, my step-mom will butt in and try to break it up, even if she wasn't previously involved. Those are the people who need to relax! I'm just chit chatting here!

In other news, my husband closes jars/lids/everything SO forking TIGHT that I cannot open them with all of my might, and then gets annoyed that I'm constantly asking him to open things.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:30 am 
Ninja Master

it is not easy to eat when half your mouth is still numb from the dentist! I am hungry but I am getting hummus everywhere. It's a sexy look!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 am 

That's exactly what it is she does, creep! My favorite was when she tried to diffuse a conversation about the Washington Redskins by coming in from the next room and telling me "I know you have these causes, and you believe in things..."

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

baps wrote:
it is not easy to eat when half your mouth is still numb from the dentist! I am hungry but I am getting hummus everywhere. It's a sexy look!

Sexiest Vegetarian photo op! Quick, slap on some roller skates!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So one of my roommates has apparently decided her boyfriend lives here now. Which if he was helping out and paying for things, would be more of an annoyance than anything. But he's not. And out utility bill was $35 more this month (this is like 30% more over last month). So now I get to be the jerk who tells her that unless he is going to start helping to pay for the utilities, he needs to not be here everyday because its not fair for us to pay for it. Blah. I hate roommates.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

kilgore trout wrote:
That's exactly what it is she does, creep! My favorite was when she tried to diffuse a conversation about the Washington Redskins by coming in from the next room and telling me "I know you have these causes, and you believe in things..."

Hahaha! This is hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:33 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Okay finally got through a (mostly) good run of a song I'm working on! Ginny's fur in the foreground... heh.

PS! Sorry my Uke's probably out of tune... :P I no longer have access to a a chromatic tuner, and my ear is not too great.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Simply_Love wrote:
So one of my roommates has apparently decided her boyfriend lives here now. Which if he was helping out and paying for things, would be more of an annoyance than anything. But he's not. And out utility bill was $35 more this month (this is like 30% more over last month). So now I get to be the jerk who tells her that unless he is going to start helping to pay for the utilities, he needs to not be here everyday because its not fair for us to pay for it. Blah. I hate roommates.

Oh Lard. I had that problem a few years back. I only had the one housemate and it was his girlfriend that was basically squatting in the house. She even gave up college so she could spend every night there. She didn't pay a penny to the household expenses, ate all MY food, robbed my clothes and stretched them (I was size 8 she was a 14/16) so that they were unwearable for me, used all the loo roll and never replaced it, monopolised the bathroom, cooker, TV. Used my good tea towels to wash the back patio door and insinuated I done nothing around the house. Then when I decided to get even by locking all my clothes and my own supply of loo roll in my bedroom she used one of my roomates towels to clean her bum. Yep, rear bum. He then started to see that the girl was a raging loon and couldn't get rid of her at all. She got super paranoid and then wouldn't even leave the house bar when she had to go to work.

Very near the end, I snapped and said....... "do you not have your own home to go to or do you want to start coughing up a third of the rent and bills because this carry on is too much" Later that evening she moved out and left a note on the table for my roommate to say I forced her out.

He then started avoiding her calls and she eventually came around to break up and screamed abuse at me.

In short...... I don't envy you one bit!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:46 pm 

Mars wrote:

Okay finally got through a (mostly) good run of a song I'm working on! Ginny's fur in the foreground... heh.

PS! Sorry my Uke's probably out of tune... :P I no longer have access to a a chromatic tuner, and my ear is not too great.

That's really sweet Mars! Uke didn't sound out of tune to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

Last night I had a dream that Paul Rudd was trying to come up with a concept for a TV show, he was totally under the gun, so naturally he called me and some other people to help him (this is the point I should have realized I was dreaming). I eventually came up with a show about superheroes during their off time, so my brain pretty much ripped off The Specials. Paul Rudd wasn't super-impressed with the idea, but it's not like he had anything. Then one guy was like "Hey, are we getting paid for writing this?" and I was all, "I don't care about that, I'm just stoked about being the seventh [my very common name] on IMDB. Going to see my name in backlights. Guess I could just type it in Microsoft Word?"

So the interesting thing about this is that that joke...isn't terrible. I mean, it's a little labored and uneconomical, but it's at least recognizable as a joke. Usually dream jokes are like:

Q: Why did the walrus cross the road?
A: I'm swinging a bowling ball around in circles, over and over again, and I can't let go or stop and I don't understand why.

So now I'm halfway convinced that this wasn't a dream, but bleed-over from a universe where a less pathetic version of me is friends with a more pathetic version of Paul Rudd. It's a good feeling.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

torque wrote:
I am leaving for a meeting where I am going to extricate myself from a situation that has been bothering me for a while (started a business with two other people, they've turned out to be a bunch of laggards and their ideas are totally different from mine; such as, they spend months on vacation while I do the grunt work because "that's the lifestyle we're used to, and you're used to" O-o). They are going to be either shocked or furious that I'm getting out, and I don't know which will be worse. I'm prepared for both.
Time to go put on a suit, I suppose, so I feel a little better protected. Yeeeha, getting shiitake done!

You are going to feel so free afterwards. Good riddance!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I left work early today because I had a horrible allergy attack. This is 2 in as many weeks while I'm taking a daily allergy pill. I shouldn't have built up a tolerance because I've been taking it for less than a year. I guess at least this time it didn't ruin my weekend.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:28 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

daisychain wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:

Oh Lard. I had that problem a few years back. I only had the one housemate and it was his girlfriend that was basically squatting in the house. She even gave up college so she could spend every night there. She didn't pay a penny to the household expenses, ate all MY food, robbed my clothes and stretched them (I was size 8 she was a 14/16) so that they were unwearable for me, used all the loo roll and never replaced it, monopolised the bathroom, cooker, TV. Used my good tea towels to wash the back patio door and insinuated I done nothing around the house. Then when I decided to get even by locking all my clothes and my own supply of loo roll in my bedroom she used one of my roomates towels to clean her bum. Yep, rear bum. He then started to see that the girl was a raging loon and couldn't get rid of her at all. She got super paranoid and then wouldn't even leave the house bar when she had to go to work.

Very near the end, I snapped and said....... "do you not have your own home to go to or do you want to start coughing up a third of the rent and bills because this carry on is too much" Later that evening she moved out and left a note on the table for my roommate to say I forced her out.

He then started avoiding her calls and she eventually came around to break up and screamed abuse at me.

In short...... I don't envy you one bit!!!!

OMG, that sounds horrible! My roommates (5... omg, way too many people in this space) have definitely been inconsiderate at times, but nothing that bad! Next year I am thankfully only having one and it is someone just as budget conscious as I am, so hopefully I will not have to deal with this crepe again. And she is single, so aside from not having to deal with SO's upping utilities, I also don't have to be woken up by very loud sex a few times a week. It is going to be the best haha (and she likes animals and I might be able to get a hamster which would make me really happy haha).

Roommate situation dealt with and no drama. Thank god. I ended up FB messaging everyone (just as a heads up the bill was high this month so lets try to be more careful next month so it didn't look like I was blaming it all on her before I talked to her about the BF thing) and she offered to pay more, and admitted she's been showering twice a day sometimes and that her BF has been showering sometimes. She said she'd tell him not to shower here anymore and will try to keep her showers shorter. Hopefully this will resolve the problem and it won't be even higher next month.

Last edited by Simply_Love on Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mumbles wrote:

So now I'm halfway convinced that this wasn't a dream, but bleed-over from a universe where a less pathetic version of me is friends with a more pathetic version of Paul Rudd. It's a good feeling.

Whoa.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:37 pm 

I hope the 6 kilos of chocolate I ordered arrives tomorrow. I also wonder if buying an authentic fake passport would be cheaper than renewing my real one, because that's due to be replaced pretty soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:09 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

dropscone wrote:
I hope the 6 kilos of chocolate I ordered arrives tomorrow. I also wonder if buying an authentic fake passport would be cheaper than renewing my real one, because that's due to be replaced pretty soon.

6 kilos? of what? :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm 

Aww, Mars, you sound great!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've had the coffee jitters all day. I had my daily coffee with a giant muffin, felt funky, then had my lunch (giant salad with nuts and beans), a sugary soda, a naked juice, and an odwalla bar to try to get rid of the bad feeling. Nothing is helping! What do you guys do??

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

Mars, you sound awesome!

Also, thank you everyone!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:41 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

creep wrote:
In other news, my husband closes jars/lids/everything SO forking TIGHT that I cannot open them with all of my might, and then gets annoyed that I'm constantly asking him to open things.

Run them under warm water before trying to open them - it really works!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1418, 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423, 1424 ... 1848  Next