| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1427, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:39 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Last night we discovered that our apartment may not actually have air conditioning. At least we sure can't get it to work. Our landlord hasn't gotten back to us, so it's not quite time to add another item on the "I hate this apartment more than any other apartment I've ever lived in" list. But it is currently 85 degrees in here, 92 outside, and it's only May.

This is going to be the longest summer ever.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:31 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Do I have to accept my friend's fiance's friend request on fb? I probably should.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

zwingtip wrote:
I've spent more time than I probably should thinking about whether I can use a weekend course in medieval latin and my dad's birthday combined as a cover to take a week off school and fly to England to see Suede with Boyfiend in October. This is a TOTALLY AWESOME idea... right?

yeah there ya go ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yesterday I was a nervous wreck as I watched a funnel cloud on radar as it passed over the towns that my family all live in, but that's in Iowa and no one was hurt - just lost power. Seeing all the footage and photos from Oklahoma and being reminded how terrible tornadoes are makes me grateful I don't live somewhere affected by them anymore.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I know. Watching some of the coverage was making me feel light headed with buzzing in my ears, and I am afraid to go read more about what I heard about a school and children drowning. I hope i heard wildly distorted rumor. Too afraid to go check CNN.

I always wonder why people live in tornado zones; I never would. I don't mean that at all in a judgemental way or anything. Obviously people live where they need to live, but tornado drills scared the crepe out of me when we lived in Ohio. Hurricanes have never scared me as much, even though obviously they can be as awful. I guess because it's easy to get of the way if a hurricane is coming. Maybe not convenient, but you can plan for it and do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

zwingtip wrote:
I've spent more time than I probably should thinking about whether I can use a weekend course in medieval latin and my dad's birthday combined as a cover to take a week off school and fly to England to see Suede with Boyfiend in October. This is a terrible idea... right?

Sensible grown-up voice: Yes, of course it is a terrible idea. What were you thinking?

All the other voices: Go, go, go!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 am 
Seagull of the PPK

lavawitch wrote:
I know. Watching some of the coverage was making me feel light headed with buzzing in my ears, and I am afraid to go read more about what I heard about a school and children drowning. I hope i heard wildly distorted rumor. Too afraid to go check CNN.

this is exactly what i was thinking last night and i am already enough of a wreck. it seems like every disaster/attack makes me even more of a shambles, so i haven't checked. How terrifying.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I've been gaining weight from general lack of exercise and eating more sugary things than usual. I just got on the treadmill for the first time in 6+ months and was sweating bullets before I even reached a mile. I used to go 2-3 before I reached that point. Uuuuughhh.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Okay, I've officially had enough of this job. As I get more outspoken and less fearful of losing my job, I've been more argumentative. My office is the tech support department and the secretaries are all women (and me) while the technicians are all men. and we're in two separate offices. Any time we have a building-wide party, each department is responsible for bringing something (like cheese and crackers or cups or whatever). And every single time, the secretaries are responsible for collecting money and buying the stuff (the techs also never offer because it's a pain in the asparagus). This time, the techs offered to pick stuff up so I suggested taking them up on their rare offer and the response was "nah, they're guys they'll just end up getting the wrong stuff." So of course I started arguing, convincing no one of anything besides the fact that I'm a crotchety angry feminist that argues about who has to buy cheese and crackers.

so yeah, I think I'll quit even if I don't have another job lined up.

Oh, and they also used the word "rhubarbed" several times already. and it's only 11:30. and now they're talking about how Madonna looked ridiculous wearing fishnets and garter belts at her age. ughhhhh

Last edited by joyfulgirl on Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I am so smart. But so smart. After getting a bit sunburned on the weekend I decided it would be a great idea to exfoliate my face last night, but as I was at my boyfriend's and didn't have my stuff, I thought it would be a wonderful idea to use the black stone normally used to soften the skin under your feet to exfoliate my sunburned chin.
And I didn't have access to my makeup this morning. People keep asking me if I had an accident and fell on my face.
Dumb. You're doing it right.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Oh dear Anek!

Who cares what they think of you joyfulgirl? Stick it out til youre ready to leave. (What does rhubarbed mean? The only definition I can find is 'The act of putting one's car off road into the rhubard' which I don't really understand as I can't find what rhubard means either!)

And I feel your pain creep - I stopped my regular exercising just before Xmas so have been feeling increasingly flabby recently, and that was before my eating tour of NYC commenced 10 days ago. I can feel my (fat) clothes getting tighter.

When I first joined the forum I was worried about remembering all the foodie substitute words for swear words (didn't realise it was automatically done for you) but recently I've noticed I'm actually thinking 'shiitake' instead of sh*t! The PPK worm is in my head!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:24 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

rentaghost wrote:

When I first joined the forum I was worried about remembering all the foodie substitute words for swear words (didn't realise it was automatically done for you) but recently I've noticed I'm actually thinking 'shiitake' instead of sh*t! The PPK worm is in my head!

Ha, I do this too!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Sometimes I feel like a bad person because when talking about Buffy people will be like "well, yeah the Buffy-Spike thing was great, but you always knew it couldn't happen for real" and I'm like NO IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

And I know when movies and tv shows don't end the way I think they should have that I'm wrong, but I have difficulty coming to terms with that. My life is hard.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

rentaghost wrote:
(What does rhubarbed mean? The only definition I can find is 'The act of putting one's car off road into the rhubard' which I don't really understand as I can't find what rhubard means either!)

It's another filter! It's in place of the pejorative word that starts with R for people with mental disabilities.

Fee wrote:
Sometimes I feel like a bad person because when talking about Buffy people will be like "well, yeah the Buffy-Spike thing was great, but you always knew it couldn't happen for real" and I'm like NO IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

And I know when movies and tv shows don't end the way I think they should have that I'm wrong, but I have difficulty coming to terms with that. My life is hard.

Why couldn't it? They could make it work!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:45 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Preachin to the choir!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

A friend got me a comic that's a continuation of Buffy and Spike. I need to get on reading that.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Fee wrote:

IT SO SHOULD HAVE

Angel is so blech. Spike was INTERESTING!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:25 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Spike was also WAAAAAAAY hotter.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:

Well, none of my friends would ever say something like "you always knew it couldn't happen for real". Ew, no. Super disrespecful.
They're the kind of friends who will spontaneously burst into a song from OMWF just because somebody said something that sounded like a cue.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jordanpattern wrote:

x a bagillion.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Phoenix wrote:
Well, none of my friends would ever say something like "you always knew it couldn't happen for real". Ew, no. Super disrespecful.
They're the kind of friends who will spontaneously burst into a song from OMWF just because somebody said something that sounded like a cue.

hahahaha I just did this yesterday. This is why we're internet married!

lutin wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

x a bagillion.

yes.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:00 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I didnt think Spike was hot. I didn't really think Angel was hot either, but I liked him more. Not sure how I'd feel if I rewatched it now. I was about 12 when I watched the 4th season..

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

So, even though I'm living an enforced unpaid vacation, I have been super productive this week. I think that if I keep this up, making sure I have a few tasks to accomplish each week, I will not go crazy.

Today I have done the following:

-ran with my friend at 8:30am
-went to the DMV and got my car registered/paid the taxes on it
-made an appointment to get said car inspected on Thursday
-returned movies to the library and got a few more out
-grocery shopped

And now I'm going to clean my kitchen and cook dinner for my dude. Which will not be as painful as I anticipated because the maintenance people installed my air conditioner while I was out! Hoorah! Now it's only 79°F instead of 82°F...le sigh. (Also, there goes my superlow electric bill, but better than dying of heatstroke I guess.)

edit: Woo, new subnicks are in place!!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joyfulgirl wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

hahahaha I just did this yesterday. This is why we're internet married!

<3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

joyfulgirl wrote:
the fact that I'm a crotchety angry feminist that argues about who has to buy cheese and crackers.

The best kind!

Panda With Cookie

Reply to topic  [ 44136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1427, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433 ... 1766  Next