| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435, 1436, 1437, 1438 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Went to file a police report for my stolen wallet (out of my apartment) and was told I had to call 911. Didn't want to, but went home and did so. almost an hour ago. They still aren't here. I get that my issue is kind of silly and already taken care of (maintenance came by and did a temp-fix on my window), BUT I CALLED 911. POLICE SHOULD COME. HELLO.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 pm 
And you never will.

Fizzgig wrote:
I just realized that supercarrot's avatar is actually a carrot with a cape. I've always thought it was some sort of Jar Jar Binks type lizard hybrid thing from some sci-fi thing I didn't recognize. Goodness.

Uh, that's okay, because until I read this I thought it was a carrot with bright red hair. Because she has long red hair? But a cape makes more sense.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 pm 
Dead by dawn

poopiebitch wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:
I just realized that supercarrot's avatar is actually a carrot with a cape. I've always thought it was some sort of Jar Jar Binks type lizard hybrid thing from some sci-fi thing I didn't recognize. Goodness.

Uh, that's okay, because until I read this I thought it was a carrot with bright red hair. Because she has long red hair? But a cape makes more sense.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I though that was a carrot with long red hair

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

You guys, I've been having a shitty day today and have been on the verge of tears all day but then I saw some pictures from my family's visit with my cousin who has just joined the army and I completely broke down in tears. He looks so much older but there's a picture of him with his group and they look so young, like kids and all I could think about is young kids like him being sent overseas and dying (and killing!) and it made me so sad. He's not even 20 yet and he has a wife and baby on the way. I feel so disgustingly emotional.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I am still so angry at my roommate. Thanks to him, we have to pay over $3600 by June 1st (our rent is only $2200). The landlord flat out refuses to deal with him anymore, so it falls on my shoulders to figure out because one of my roommates is moving in a month and the other is the worst at confrontation I've ever seen.
I don't have any money to cover my asparagus thanks to other people. He already owes me the deposit and a month of rent.
Basically, I have to say, "You need to pay me this money immediately, or you need to find a new place to live immediately." Which is total shiitake that he's put me in this situation, because we work at an independent shop with fifteen employees, so I have to remain as friendly, civil, and respectful as possible, even though he has been anything but.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Efcliz wrote:
Please can someone put Raspberry Complaint's subnick back to 'The kind you find in a second hand store'. It always used to make me smile.

I just tried to like THIS.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:53 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Efcliz wrote:
I am so bad at knowing what famous people look like that anyone on here who has an avatar of a famous person is that person in my mind. I thought RandyJM was Bjork for ages and there are loads of other people that I probably do the same about. If your avatar is someone famous please tell me and I'll tell you if I thought it was you.

No, I've met her, she really is Bjork

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 pm 
Semen Strong

She is Bjorking adorable is what she is!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 am 
Dead by dawn

Tofulish wrote:
She is Bjorking adorable is what she is!

Where is that Like button, anyway?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:51 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

missdelaney wrote:
I am still so angry at my roommate. Thanks to him, we have to pay over $3600 by June 1st (our rent is only $2200). The landlord flat out refuses to deal with him anymore, so it falls on my shoulders to figure out because one of my roommates is moving in a month and the other is the worst at confrontation I've ever seen.
I don't have any money to cover my asparagus thanks to other people. He already owes me the deposit and a month of rent.
Basically, I have to say, "You need to pay me this money immediately, or you need to find a new place to live immediately." Which is total shiitake that he's put me in this situation, because we work at an independent shop with fifteen employees, so I have to remain as friendly, civil, and respectful as possible, even though he has been anything but.

You know, I don't think you need to remain friendly and civil. This dude has forked you over big time and taken advantage of your kindness. fork him.

And I would say, whether he moves out or not, he owes you a significant amount of money.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:09 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

choirqueer wrote:
Efcliz wrote:
I am so bad at knowing what famous people look like that anyone on here who has an avatar of a famous person is that person in my mind. I thought RandyJM was Bjork for ages and there are loads of other people that I probably do the same about. If your avatar is someone famous please tell me and I'll tell you if I thought it was you.

No, I've met her, she really is Bjork

I've met her 3 times and I still expect her to be Bjork. And have a dead swan round her neck.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:44 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

How do I tell my roommate her "quick 5 minute after gym shower" is more like a 15 minute actual shower-shower without seeming like I'm spying on her? I'm in our living room studying for a midterm, which is the only reason I even know she's in there. We had a SUPER high water bill this month, largely caused by her bf basically living her and her deciding to take two showers a day after the gym. She offered to pay the difference when we all talk about how high it was (and I didn't even know she was taking two showers a day until she offered to pay) and we all were like "hey, try to keep that second shower super short because we split the bills." She doesn't really have a good sense of time (hence why her morning shower is almost always 30 minutes), so I think she honestly thinks she is only in the shower for only a few minutes after the gym. If she wants to pay the difference next month between our usual bill and the higher amount, then I don't care how long her second showers are. But our utilities are already kind of high, and it's not exactly fair for one person to raise them for everyone...

So looking forward to next year. The girl I'm living with is on an even tighter budget then me, so I won't have to worry about this crepe anymore. It's going to be awesome... and cheaper haha

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:05 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

j-dub wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

You know, I don't think you need to remain friendly and civil. This dude has forked you over big time and taken advantage of your kindness. fork him.

And I would say, whether he moves out or not, he owes you a significant amount of money.

If I got screwed over for $1.400 I would search the room and take anything with value out of it, and demand payment before I would give anything back.
Perhaps also giving notice that he needs to pay before the end of the week, or he'll find his stuff on the curb.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:51 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Veg_Eric wrote:
j-dub wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

If I got screwed over for $1.400 I would search the room and take anything with value out of it, and demand payment before I would give anything back.
Perhaps also giving notice that he needs to pay before the end of the week, or he'll find his stuff on the curb.

This.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:20 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My mother-person is in full force with her favouritism of her niece/my cousin, who I am estranged from because we grew up next door to each other and she was so abusive to me. This niece of my mother's is just like her; flighty, dramatic, narcissistic, maladjusted, quick to anger, vindictive, wanting others to suffer, etc. Clearly my mother-person loves my cousin, because she is my mother's mini-me and I am quite the opposite. My mother-person has never been pleased with me or my accomplishments or my personhood and always telling me to "get off my high horse" for doing things like attending community college (yeah, such a big high horse with that one!), she'd have rather I didn't make her feel like shiitake about herself by proxy and join the club of alcoholic, loud-mouthed people in my family. Turns out, she had the daughter she always wanted in my cousin; a match made in heaven, good riddance to them both! Her Facebook is littered with photos of my cousin and musings about how amazing she is. Ha. Hahaha.
At least my in-laws have been unendingly supportive of me all along and have encouraged me and loved my unconditionally. I'm so glad I have them.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:50 am 
Semen Strong

Big hugs to you Paprikapapaya. You are a wonderful and beautiful person, and a daughter anyone should be proud of. I am sorry your mother isn't able to see that and I know how painful her rejection of you must be.

Sending you a ton of hugs from me and Leela <3

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh, PP, you are lovely and it pains me to hear someone not recognizing that in you. Much love

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:17 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just sat down with a lovely pot of coffee, pushed the plunger down on the cafetière and discovered there was no water in it. I'm such a Hufflepuff.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

j-dub wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

And because of that I would look for a new roommate like yesterday. Roommates who don't pay their fair share or even acknowledge the fact that they owe you will happily drag you down with them. And fork that noise.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:10 am 
Semen Strong

lutin wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
j-dub wrote:

This.

I would suggest talking to your local tenants rights organization before taking his stuff as payment. Its really helpful to know what your legal options are. You may not be able to take his stuff (depending on local law and the nature of your contractual relationship) but could sue him in small claims court and get his wages garnished if need be. The last thing you want is to take his stuff and have him call the police on you. And I am with j-dub that you don't need to be nice. Fork that noise indeed.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Gulliver wrote:
I'm such a Hufflepuff.

<3<3<3<3!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:12 am 

Thanks, my loves. I get mad at myself for letting it bother me after 29 years of knowing that this is the way it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Fee wrote:
j-dub wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

And because of that I would look for a new roommate like yesterday. Roommates who don't pay their fair share or even acknowledge the fact that they owe you will happily drag you down with them. And fork that noise.

YES. fork being nice to this guy, and fork living with him. Find a replacement, and get him out out out!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I am doing a translation involving a factor called DMFT (decayed, missing or filled teeth). You can bet I have typed DTMFA about 100 times.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:25 pm 

This day calls for cinnamon buns for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435, 1436, 1437, 1438 ... 1858  Next