| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466 ... 1876  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My family are overwhelmingly supportive of my veganism and would never consider eating anywhere I couldn't eat or anything like that. Yesterday morning I was in a hotel with my Mum and Sister (my 2 best friends), and I asked for soya milk at breakfast. When they brought the jug I don't know what brand it was but it was a bit yellow. My sister said, without really thinking, ew, that looks like breast milk. Quick as a flash I replied how ironic it was considering they were the ones actually drinking breast milk. They stopped and thought and we all had a laugh about it but I can tell that they had never really realised or thought about it before.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:37 am 
WELFARIST!

I had so many weird dreams last night. In one, I was at Starbucks ordering an iced coffee, unsweetened, and the barista just kept saying, 'It comes sweetened.' And I kept saying, 'Leave out the sweetener.' And he kept saying, 'No, it comes sweetened.' In another, I had a little patch of short, coarse hairs growing out of my upper arm, like beard stubble kind of, and when I plucked them out, they were feathers. And then, in the most boring one, I dreamed I was getting ready to meet my parents this morning, but then I woke up and realized that I had actually just slept an hour past my alarm going off and wasn't ready at all. Luckily, they're late for everything.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:02 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oh crepe. I work today 10:30-9:30 and I woke up at four, puked, and have been shivering and weak in cold sweats since. I have never once called in sick at this job, however, I resigned on Friday and this is my next day back. I can't call in sick because my boss will assume I have given up on my care and responsibility and I am vehemently against her making any such assumption.

I think honestly that I am just dehydrated, but I am having a hard time keeping water down. I am going to try to peel myself off the carpet and put on clothes. Wish me strength.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
Oh crepe. I work today 10:30-9:30 and I woke up at four, puked, and have been shivering and weak in cold sweats since. I have never once called in sick at this job, however, I resigned on Friday and this is my next day back. I can't call in sick because my boss will assume I have given up on my care and responsibility and I am vehemently against her making any such assumption.

I think honestly that I am just dehydrated, but I am having a hard time keeping water down. I am going to try to peel myself off the carpet and put on clothes. Wish me strength.

Maybe you can show up and let her see how sick you are, so she'll send you home? I had a similar shitty situation when I got super sick a couple weeks after having a rocky start at a brand new job.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 am 

creep wrote:
vijita wrote:

Maybe you can show up and let her see how sick you are, so she'll send you home? I had a similar shitty situation when I got super sick a couple weeks after having a rocky start at a brand new job.

She actually won't be there! But I work such a long shift because we have a father's day promotion and then we are hosting a birthday party. I really don't have anyone to replace me. I should be fine. Little sips of water.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good luck, vijita! I hope you can last the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:01 pm 

That sucks, vijita! Good luck, and I hope you start feeling better soon.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
Chard Martyr

Boyfriend is meeting the parents today.
I hope you feel better vijita! I want to hear all about your new job!! Hugs and I miss you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hope you make it through the day Vijita!

So, I've my next 5 years planned out. In the next year I am going to finish my postgrad, work on getting my house all nice and enjoy life. Hopefully next year once I have my house sorted I will get in to lodgers. Then I start saving like a maniac because hopefully in Sept '14 I will start my degree in counselling and psychotherapy. There is an option to pay the fees in monthly instalments so the rent I take in will cover it. Fingers crossed it all works out because I need a way out of my job!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm 

If you're sick the responsible thing to do is take care of yourself and other people. Might you be infectious? If it's just a question of what your boss (who you're not going to deal with much longer) might think of you then I say screw your boss!

ETA I realise this is somewhat late, so if you did go in I hope you make it through and feel better soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'm presenting an important presentation to senior management tomorrow. I made a complete dick of myself at our work away weekend thing last weekend so I have a lot of ground to make up. Please wish me the best of luck PPK.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Efcliz wrote:
I'm presenting an important presentation to senior management tomorrow. I made a complete dick of myself at our work away weekend thing last weekend so I have a lot of ground to make up. Please wish me the best of luck PPK.

Will be thinking of you! Best of luck x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was at my aunt's house for father's day, and my mom was talking about California, and my grandfather said, "I think California should just break off and float away. That's where all the fads come from that spread across the country. Like hippies and flower children and serial killers!" I don't even know.

Also my grandfather's wife is the nicest person ever. She always says things like "I'm so glad you're here! You look so beautiful! I'm so happy to see you!" and she 100% means it. Sometimes she sends me cards that say "You are wonderful! I love you so much!" and I never doubt she's being genuine, because that's just what she's like. I wish everyone could have a relative like her.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm having panic attacks about going to work tomorrow. It's just a half day followed by a BBQ dept meeting at somebody's house. I don't have $10 to spare for nothing (cost of going instead of asking people to bring food), and I hate large groups of people where everybody cliques together. I have no idea who in the dept was complaining about me and creating this big situation so it feels very hostile to me right now and I dont trust the three people I thought I'd been working well with all year now. I still have no idea what my status is for next year, and I'm pretty sure I'll be the last to find out.

I'm just really sad and bewildered how my evals went from "everything great; we love you" at the end of April to "you've done everything wrong all year and might get fired" two weeks ago.

I just want to stay under my blankets and never leave for anything. Which is mostly what I've done since Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

dropscone wrote:
If you're sick the responsible thing to do is take care of yourself and other people. Might you be infectious? If it's just a question of what your boss (who you're not going to deal with much longer) might think of you then I say screw your boss!

ETA I realise this is somewhat late, so if you did go in I hope you make it through and feel better soon!

Yes. Going into work sick and just powering through puts immunocompromised people at risk. I realize this is way late, and you're probably already almost done with your shift, vijita, so this is not specifically addressed to you. It's just something I wish more people would think about.

I hope you feel better soon.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My friend Joshua came out to visit today. Today I was a little sad we didn't end up together romantically. There was mutual interest when we met, but I was 21 and he was 30, and that age difference was too much for me at the time. Now he's got an awesome wife and is expecting their first child. ...I would love to be with someone as lovely as him. (Maybe when I stop living in an English bubble.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm 
Chard Martyr

I start training for my new job tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Meggs wrote:

!!!!

new job time aka what the hell is dinnertime time!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:28 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I love my one roommate so much. The guy that moved in March. We're kind of roommate soul-mates. He's mentioned it too, that it's been the most perfect living situation he's ever had especially when it was just the two of us. I wish I could be better at getting comfortable with people. I feel like we could become really good friends, but I just still feel so awkward around him in that respect. We had a really great chat tonight though. We both shared a lot of life-stuff and it was nice. I'm bummed because on one hand I don't want to mess up a good thing, but on the other I really really need to make some changes for my mental health and there's no way with some of the changes I will be making can I afford this place much longer. I actually might propose an idea to him sometime before I leave (still might be a while, we'll see) that when I'm ready to be stable in Portland long-term again that we should try to find a two bedroom together. Hah, that seems so romantic... but I can see it happening. Pretty bummed that I'm not loving my newest roommate, though. I sort of feel some judgmental vbes fom her and her friends, and her friends creep me out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Spam attack, aaaah!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 am 
Chard Martyr

joshua wrote:
Meggs wrote:

!!!!
new job time aka what the hell is dinnertime time!
I might as well not go to sleep (is what my brain must have said last night, because no it wasn't hard to wake up but it was hard to sleep!)
Regardless of the ridiculous time, I'm so excited! Miss you, joshua!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 am 
WELFARIST!

I am feeling generally unsettled and anxious and just a little weepy today. Actually glad I'm going back to work today, as I think I need the distraction.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:45 am 
Ninja Master

Going back to work after a week's holiday truly sucks balls. I'm trying to remember that I am thankful to be employed and have a regular salary and it's hard when I am just wishing I was lying by the pool instead. waaah.... FWP!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 am 

lepelaar wrote:
dropscone wrote:

Yes. Going into work sick and just powering through puts immunocompromised people at risk. I realize this is way late, and you're probably already almost done with your shift, vijita, so this is not specifically addressed to you. It's just something I wish more people would think about.

I hope you feel better soon.

I agree, and thank you.

I think I was right in that I was dehydrated, which has been happening to me a lot lately. I had a spot of food poisoning last week and ever since I've had a hard time with my stomach. I ended up feeling much better and today and I am fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

allularpunk wrote:
I am feeling generally unsettled and anxious and just a little weepy today.

This is exactly what I'm going through right now - really not sure what the deal is but I sat down to do the morning paperwork and my heart is pounding out of my chest for no reason.

It's going to be a very, very long day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466 ... 1876  Next