| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467 ... 1861  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:08 am 
Online
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6695
Location: Norristown, PA
I slept for 6 1/2 consecutive hours last night! I can't even remember the last time I slept for that long uninterrupted. Then I went back to sleep for 2 more!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm
Posts: 488
Location: somewhere in London, loving my life in the rain
That's great choirqueer, I'm glad it happened on a day you could go back to sleep too! Are you in shock?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
I just want to retract an earlier statement that I made. I said that I had listened to a couple of radiolab podcasts and was unimpressed. lies. I don't know which episodes they were, but I have listened to more and I am totally addicted. I went way back and started downloading all the available episodes from 2008. I can't get enough.
choirqueer wrote:
I slept for 6 1/2 consecutive hours last night! I can't even remember the last time I slept for that long uninterrupted. Then I went back to sleep for 2 more!

woah! exciting!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 pm 
Online
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 4030
Location: Austin
Someone is talking about one of my recipes in Swedish on twitter. So much fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 1502
Location: Seattle!
I Googled a song my roommate and I have been obsessed with we've heard on the radio a bunch finally. It turns out it's by a band called New Politics, who I met on their very first tour years and years ago and hung out with for like five hours that night because no one else would come to their merch booth, but I thought they were rad. I'm really glad they're finally getting a bit of recognition! So crazy.

_________________
"Its really hard to keep in shape, my prison of principles only has so much pacing space." - Shy Mox

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3222
Location: Almost Boston
I just got a fb message from another cat at my work. This is getting a bit creepy, cats!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:43 pm 
Online
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6695
Location: Norristown, PA
rentaghost wrote:
That's great choirqueer, I'm glad it happened on a day you could go back to sleep too! Are you in shock?!


I'm pretty amazed! Usually I sleep in 2-3hr chunks, then I have to get up and do something before I can go back to sleep. I just got home from a conference, which is why I was tired enough to sleep that long. I had purposely scheduled today so I had no commitments since I knew I'd be too exhausted to do anything useful.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: Edinburgh
I made the mistake of trying out a recipe for the first time and not following the directions. I bake so often that I thought I'd be OK, and all I did was make them low-fat (half oil, half applesauce). Well, they weren't a total fail, but I can't give them to people as I had intended. They're tasty, but they're really dry. I'm gonna try to make a bread pudding type of thing out of them and take it to my work potluck.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7407
Location: Portland, OR
joyfulgirl wrote:
I just want to retract an earlier statement that I made. I said that I had listened to a couple of radiolab podcasts and was unimpressed. lies. I don't know which episodes they were, but I have listened to more and I am totally addicted. I went way back and started downloading all the available episodes from 2008. I can't get enough.

Yessssssss

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3127
Location: BKLN
Moon wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
I am feeling generally unsettled and anxious and just a little weepy today.


This is exactly what I'm going through right now - really not sure what the deal is but I sat down to do the morning paperwork and my heart is pounding out of my chest for no reason.

It's going to be a very, very long day.

i'm having this day, too! i can't figure it out. i thought it was because i haven't been able to sleep, and then i thought it was why i haven't been able to sleep, but i don't really know what's wrong. i keep leaving my desk and lying on my back on the kitchen floor because i just, like . . . i just can't.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:05 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3654
Location: Nashville, TN
I really just want this roommate crepe to be over. We've been in our new house for 3 weeks, but last week, I emailed the final bills and a breakdown of charges from our deposit to our ex-roommate. A huge portion of the money they're taking out of our deposit is because of him, and it's well-documented, and I also sent those documents to him, so he knows. He didn't respond for almost a week, and finally responded today, basically saying he didn't want to pay his entire share, because he "paid a third of the bills but never got to use a third of the house." There were three bedrooms, and he had another bedroom available to him that he chose not to use for six months before we stuck a guest bed in there, and there was still plenty of room for a TV or desk or whatever he wanted. Plus, that was the agreed-upon arrangement, so I'm not even sure what he wants me to say. I addressed his concerns, told him we weren't asking an unfair amount, and to just do what he thinks is right. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now though. fork that guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4951
Location: WV
acr wrote:
Moon wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
I am feeling generally unsettled and anxious and just a little weepy today.


This is exactly what I'm going through right now - really not sure what the deal is but I sat down to do the morning paperwork and my heart is pounding out of my chest for no reason.

It's going to be a very, very long day.

i'm having this day, too! i can't figure it out. i thought it was because i haven't been able to sleep, and then i thought it was why i haven't been able to sleep, but i don't really know what's wrong. i keep leaving my desk and lying on my back on the kitchen floor because i just, like . . . i just can't.


Hugs to both of you, I hope your days got/get better. Working definitely helped distract me and I'm thinking that because I slept like shiitake, I was feeling like shiitake. I hope that's all it was, because I really don't want to deal with what I actually think is the problem.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
acr wrote:
Moon wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
I am feeling generally unsettled and anxious and just a little weepy today.


This is exactly what I'm going through right now - really not sure what the deal is but I sat down to do the morning paperwork and my heart is pounding out of my chest for no reason.

It's going to be a very, very long day.

i'm having this day, too! i can't figure it out. i thought it was because i haven't been able to sleep, and then i thought it was why i haven't been able to sleep, but i don't really know what's wrong. i keep leaving my desk and lying on my back on the kitchen floor because i just, like . . . i just can't.

I'm right with you guys! I've been having this weekend. and I went away for the weekend. It should have been care free, but I was full of anxiety and sadness the whole time. Luckily today was a tiny bit better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10675
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
creep wrote:
I really just want this roommate crepe to be over. We've been in our new house for 3 weeks, but last week, I emailed the final bills and a breakdown of charges from our deposit to our ex-roommate. A huge portion of the money they're taking out of our deposit is because of him, and it's well-documented, and I also sent those documents to him, so he knows. He didn't respond for almost a week, and finally responded today, basically saying he didn't want to pay his entire share, because he "paid a third of the bills but never got to use a third of the house." There were three bedrooms, and he had another bedroom available to him that he chose not to use for six months before we stuck a guest bed in there, and there was still plenty of room for a TV or desk or whatever he wanted. Plus, that was the agreed-upon arrangement, so I'm not even sure what he wants me to say. I addressed his concerns, told him we weren't asking an unfair amount, and to just do what he thinks is right. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now though. fork that guy.


that sounds so super annoying! i hate that sometimes you have to lose money just to get someone out of your life.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm
Posts: 488
Location: somewhere in London, loving my life in the rain
joyfulgirl wrote:
I'm right with you guys! I've been having this weekend. and I went away for the weekend. It should have been care free, but I was full of anxiety and sadness the whole time. .

To allularpunk, Moon, acr and joyfulgirl - could it be fallout from hearing the shocking news about calcuhater? These things can really hit you even if you weren't that close to the person, it highlights the fragility of life for us all and for those we love. It can be very unsettling at a deep level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:23 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8552
Location: Maryland/DC area
rentaghost wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
I'm right with you guys! I've been having this weekend. and I went away for the weekend. It should have been care free, but I was full of anxiety and sadness the whole time. .

To allularpunk, Moon, acr and joyfulgirl - could it be fallout from hearing the shocking news about calcuhater? These things can really hit you even if you weren't that close to the person, it highlights the fragility of life for us all and for those we love. It can be very unsettling at a deep level.


I'd agree with this, it was very unsettling to me. It is also prompting me to take care of myself as well for something I've been ignoring.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
Yeah, when I heard about calcuhater it became doubly worse. But I think I can recognize the parts that come from that news as separate from what I was feeling earlier. Friday and saturday were sad and anxiety-filled, but when I found out on Sunday, I had to deal with my feelings on it and I saw how everyone here was reacting with such love and deep sadness and I started thinking about my own health (I myself had a pulmonary embolism a few years ago, but it was caught in time) I basically cried myself to sleep. It was just a whirlwind of feelings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1533
rentaghost wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
I'm right with you guys! I've been having this weekend. and I went away for the weekend. It should have been care free, but I was full of anxiety and sadness the whole time. .

To allularpunk, Moon, acr and joyfulgirl - could it be fallout from hearing the shocking news about calcuhater? These things can really hit you even if you weren't that close to the person, it highlights the fragility of life for us all and for those we love. It can be very unsettling at a deep level.

Yes, all this. I have been feeling very touchy since I found out.

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3654
Location: Nashville, TN
ijustdiedinside wrote:
creep wrote:
I really just want this roommate crepe to be over. We've been in our new house for 3 weeks, but last week, I emailed the final bills and a breakdown of charges from our deposit to our ex-roommate. A huge portion of the money they're taking out of our deposit is because of him, and it's well-documented, and I also sent those documents to him, so he knows. He didn't respond for almost a week, and finally responded today, basically saying he didn't want to pay his entire share, because he "paid a third of the bills but never got to use a third of the house." There were three bedrooms, and he had another bedroom available to him that he chose not to use for six months before we stuck a guest bed in there, and there was still plenty of room for a TV or desk or whatever he wanted. Plus, that was the agreed-upon arrangement, so I'm not even sure what he wants me to say. I addressed his concerns, told him we weren't asking an unfair amount, and to just do what he thinks is right. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now though. fork that guy.


that sounds so super annoying! i hate that sometimes you have to lose money just to get someone out of your life.


It does really suck. He owes us over $300 and only wants to pay like a third of that. Apparently feeling resentful entitles people to whatever the fork they want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: Berlin
I lost over 3000 euros from living with "friends"..

_________________
http://www.veganinberlin.com
"Money ain't got no owners, only spenders." - Omar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: Edinburgh
Wow. What a shitty situation, creep. I hope you at least get something out of that guy and then he's out of your life forever.

I just friend requested someone who I was really, really good friends with a long time ago. I did it on the spur of the moment with an air of "fork it - he can or cannot accept and I don't care either way", but now I keep checking FB every couple of minutes to see if he's accepted. It's not like this is some kind of hook-up attempt, and hopefully he'll realise that - my profile pic is of me and my husband in our wedding attire - but I still feel a bit nervous about it. Maybe it's because I'm also waiting to hear back about 2 jobs I applied for last week (one of which said they'd decide on the short-list by today).

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:22 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10306
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
I just wrote my boss a cathartic email and she'll never see it but it was the best 20 minutes at 5am of my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 am 
Online
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4584
Location: Surrey, UK
vijita wrote:
I just wrote my boss a cathartic email and she'll never see it but it was the best 20 minutes at 5am of my life.

I have done that many a time over the years when I've been mad at my boss.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:33 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5127
Jigglypuff wrote:
rentaghost wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
I'm right with you guys! I've been having this weekend. and I went away for the weekend. It should have been care free, but I was full of anxiety and sadness the whole time. .

To allularpunk, Moon, acr and joyfulgirl - could it be fallout from hearing the shocking news about calcuhater? These things can really hit you even if you weren't that close to the person, it highlights the fragility of life for us all and for those we love. It can be very unsettling at a deep level.

Yes, all this. I have been feeling very touchy since I found out.

Yes, I've been terribly upset too. Calcy's been on my mind a whole lot--thinking of her, remembering how funny she was, her contributions to threads and discussions--knowing her via the internet since 2006 and all the smiles and wisdom she brought to the table. And calcy passed on the thirty-third anniversary of my mother's death and my father's deathiversary falls on June 11, coupled with the fact that my 19-year-old cat was ill for the past week and I had to put him to sleep yesterday. Life's been a snowball of grief for me lately. Lately sucks!

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
Big hugs to you, seitanicverses <3 <3 <3


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467 ... 1861  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baps, choirqueer, Google [Bot], Star, vowlry, zwingtip and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer