| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468 ... 1860  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:43 am 
Impressive boner

I'm exhausted again. All I've wanted all day is to go to sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:00 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

seitanicverses wrote:
Yes, I've been terribly upset too. Calcy's been on my mind a whole lot--thinking of her, remembering how funny she was, her contributions to threads and discussions--knowing her via the internet since 2006 and all the smiles and wisdom she brought to the table. And calcy passed on the thirty-third anniversary of my mother's death and my father's deathiversary falls on June 11, coupled with the fact that my 19-year-old cat was ill for the past week and I had to put him to sleep yesterday. Life's been a snowball of grief for me lately. Lately sucks!

Jeez, this is a lot! I'm so sorry seitanicverses. I wish you much love. You are one of my favourite people and I'm sad to hear you are dealing with so many heavy feelings. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm 

Unbelievable. The strata president of our building just warned me that our new neighbours complained when they found out we are not retired and are under the age of forty. This is NOT a retirement community, and we are totally silent 99% of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Why how thoughtful, roommate's sister who stays here rent free! How did you know I wanted to watch Madea's Family Christmas Stakeout while working today?

I mean, jesus. It's annoying enough to have the forking tube on all the time, but MADEA? At least have enough shame to watch that shiitake on your laptop!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

As I was leaving work today (exhausted, hungry, and filthy), my boss walked me to my car and told me that I'm not only going to be teaching 5 days a week this year (up from 3 last year), but that she also wants to put me in charge of the Saturday art program! That will mean an extra $140/week for me, which will make such a huge difference in my finances. I'm feeling really thankful, not only for the money, but for the fact that she sees my potential and trusts in my ability to do a good job. Even though I want to steer my main career towards working as a gallery director, the teaching I've been doing is really fun and rewarding, too. It feels so good to finally be working in my field, in a capacity that I enjoy. Even though I don't have the most money and I have no benefits (things that worry my parents more than they worry me), I'm finally happy with my job(s). I never thought I would be able to say that.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thrilled for you allularpunk x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jordanpattern wrote:
Why how thoughtful, roommate's sister who stays here rent free! How did you know I wanted to watch Madea's Family Christmas Stakeout while working today?

I mean, jesus. It's annoying enough to have the forking tube on all the time, but MADEA? At least have enough shame to watch that shiitake on your laptop!

hahahaha. She sounds awful. It's JUNE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

jordanpattern wrote:

When do you move out of that place?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Maybe next week! July 1 at the latest.

I feel bad making it sound awful here, because it's really not, and for the most part, living here has been a very positive experience that's allowed my boyfriend and I to save lots of money. Room mate's sister is just kind of a tv-watching lump, which I apparently find annoying to live with!

In related news, should I buy Fiesta ware dishes for my new place?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My ex-roommate situation is just getting weirder and weirder. He's asking if we want to hang out, after we just threw like a list of grievances at each other. I don't want to burn a bridge, but totally not ready for that, which is basically what I told him in a nicer way. "Maybe later?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We have a cat at the shelter who just wouldn't poop. The vet had us try all kinds of laxatives and even enemas, and told us to contact them with any changes in condition. The cat finally pooped after almost 2 weeks, and my mom was so excited that she took a picture of the poop with her phone and texted it to one of the vets. Unfortunately, she texted the wrong number. My mom sent a picture of cat poop with no accompanying explanation to some poor random person!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Really, you need your own ongoing thread. Seriously.

I'm dying laughing so hard Im crying here. I think I just popped a contact out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Quick and dirty 40 clove (left out a few steps/ingredients and used frozen, chopped garlic) with nooch sprinkled on top - best dinner. A bit dry, but it's so good I don't even care.

ETA:
lavawitch wrote:
I'm dying laughing so hard Im crying here. I think I just pooped a contact out.

That's how I read that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:11 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

That's so rad, AP!

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
We have a cat at the shelter who just wouldn't poop. The vet had us try all kinds of laxatives and even enemas, and told us to contact them with any changes in condition. The cat finally pooped after almost 2 weeks, and my mom was so excited that she took a picture of the poop with her phone and texted it to one of the vets. Unfortunately, she texted the wrong number. My mom sent a picture of cat poop with no accompanying explanation to some poor random person!

Your mom is such a hero. I can't even deal.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm so done with this month.

I got rejected from school. Two of my roommates are moving out and one of the replacements we FINALLY found didn't get OKed by the landlord. And I'm going to be gone for the next week. On top of feeling lonely and having had no time to myself for a week. I can't handle this constant socializing and I'll be doing it for at least six more days in a row. My shoulders are forking killing me. I have to mow the lawn because my damned roommate doesn't know how. I have to clean the house by Thursday because the landlord is coming for a walk through with the roommate moving in, but that actually means tonight since I'm busy tomorrow. I got a raise at work but it's irrelevant thanks to taxes. I'm exhausted because I'm not sleeping.

I want to throw all my necessary shiitake in my car and drive away and start over.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 pm 

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

ahhhh!!! yes, please start your own RC's mom thread? it brings so much joy to the PPK.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You mow the lawn, roommate does some house cleaning?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
You mow the lawn, roommate does some house cleaning?

Unfortunately, one is gone until tomorrow and the other works till late. I'm sure they'll both do some tomorrow, I'm just anxious about it- we've had a lot of problems with our fourth roommate and I'm sure the landlord doesn't take too kindly to us already...

And I can't find my glasses- my new glasses!- or my sunglasses. Or my favorite shirt. No idea where they are, but those glasses and sunglasses would really come in handy.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm 

A guy at my work today asked me how my weekend was. Well, it was horrible (i was sick, got my period, it was father's day and i was really sad about calcy), so I just said "ok." Then he says "Did you take your dad out for father's day." so I just said "no." THEN he shakes his head and says "can't believe some people don't care enough to take their dad's out..." So, at that point, OF COURSE I have to say "My dad died" and then I just wait for that look on his face that I've seen before.
I ended up laughing out loud after that because dude! Don't press people on stuff like this. You never know why I didn't do anything for father's day. there could be a million reasons! 2 moms, absent father, dead father. who knows!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

seriously. i wish i could have taken my dad out, but i can't travel hundreds of miles for brunch. and that's a really small thing in comparison. some people just don't think at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:37 pm 
WRETCHED

Or other reasons for not taking your dad out...

Like today, I went to the doctor's office and I was filling out the medical history form and for deceased/alive, I put unknown because I cut off contact with my dad for good reasons. (not that we had much contact since I was 6 but still). And then on father's day, my mom called me so that she could pretend that I called to wish my stepfather a happy father's day. Apparently neither of his children called. We have an amicable relationship now but he was very emotionally abusive to me when I was young and I put up with him because my mom insists with being being him and he has mellowed out over the years but it isn't like I am going to forget and it isn't like he ever said he was sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

ijustdiedinside wrote:
A guy at my work today asked me how my weekend was. Well, it was horrible (i was sick, got my period, it was father's day and i was really sad about calcy), so I just said "ok." Then he says "Did you take your dad out for father's day." so I just said "no." THEN he shakes his head and says "can't believe some people don't care enough to take their dad's out..." So, at that point, OF COURSE I have to say "My dad died" and then I just wait for that look on his face that I've seen before.
I ended up laughing out loud after that because dude! Don't press people on stuff like this. You never know why I didn't do anything for father's day. there could be a million reasons! 2 moms, absent father, dead father. who knows!

yeah, I've encountered folks like this. I am, for my part, am always amazed by anyone getting to a certain age in life and still holding the assumption that all just goes well and falls into place for everyone such that your mindset evolves that way. Dads are always alive/in touch/available/whatever/on speaking terms for everyone for Father's Day! (or whatever the occasion is). If youre not taking your Dad out for Father's Day, YOU must be the problem, you must be doing something wrong. Sometimes, I just feel like saying to such folk: "Oh, Muffin. Let me enlighten you about LIFE as someone other than you knows it..."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You guys, this ad:

I can't decide if all the innuendo is intentional, or if the ad makers were just completely clueless. No one could be that clueless, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Some hoses are show-ers and some are grow-ers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

jordanpattern wrote:

In related news, should I buy Fiesta ware dishes for my new place?

Signs point to yes! I'm really happy with Fiestaware, it lasts forever and is super durable. You can stick them in the oven/freezer/dishwasher/whatever and there's no scary stuff in the glaze. You can also mix up the colors however you want, if you want to mix up colors. You can pick up secondhand pieces in thrift stores and ebay easily too: if you buy online, amazon sometimes has ridiculously high prices for some colors but then also low prices for others, so look around a bit.

Only sort of caveat: I'm a barbarian and have scratched up some of my white plates with gray marks while trying to learn how to properly use a knife(spoiler: I never learned how to properly use a knife), but it's not a problem with darker colors. It doesn't really bug me but it's worth noting.

I feel ridiculous writing this much about my dishes, but here we are!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468 ... 1860  Next