| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
You guys, this ad:

I can't decide if all the innuendo is intentional, or if the ad makers were just completely clueless. No one could be that clueless, right?

"That's right, come to papa"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Nooch of Earl

1) I'm sure the innuendo was intentional, and i'm ashamed to admit that I kind of want one of those. It's one of select few advertised on TV things that makes me covet. (how YOU doin', forever lazy?)

2) I love my fiesta, but agreed, the white tends to get visible gray scratches. The cobalt gets some visible marks on it too, the yellow seems to be doing the best for me. so..aim for colors in the middle?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm 
Chard Martyr

seitanicverses wrote:
Yes, I've been terribly upset too. Calcy's been on my mind a whole lot--thinking of her, remembering how funny she was, her contributions to threads and discussions--knowing her via the internet since 2006 and all the smiles and wisdom she brought to the table. And calcy passed on the thirty-third anniversary of my mother's death and my father's deathiversary falls on June 11, coupled with the fact that my 19-year-old cat was ill for the past week and I had to put him to sleep yesterday. Life's been a snowball of grief for me lately. Lately sucks!

Super big hugs, SV! It's crazy to think we've all known each other on the internet for so many years.

Isn't June the anniversary of the PPK forums? I think June 2005 was when it started. WOW!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Memories!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

All alone in the laptop-light!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I just caught up on the last two pages, and both of rc's posts made me laugh hysterically (cat poop text and pocket hose). I'm sure I've seen that ad before, but it must have been on in the background, because I wasn't hearing the CONSTANT innuendo - that is flat hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm 

I want to make a... sort of... "let's make some art" kind of thread, but I need some feedback on ideas before I make it.

I'm thinking something along the lines of the NaNoWriMo threads, I know, that's something not specific to these boards but whatever. Something where we encourage each other to make and post maybe at least one drawing a week? Could be perfected, or it could be a quick doodle. I'm thinking it would be drawing/painting/whatever else is quick and from the hand kind of art specific. I think it'd be cool if they were all physically on paper or other material and then we took snapshots/scans of it, rather than being digitally drawn, but I'd be willing to slide on that. I guess I just think a digital-type drawing thread feels like it should be a separate thing, it's not that I don't like it! I do it, myself. And the reason I'm thinking drawing/painting specific is because if a bunch of photographs or plasticine sculptures (okay, now I want to go buy some plasticine) start coming in, it just feels a little chaotic and lack of a theme maybe? I mean those are are cool and maybe could have their own separate thing if people wanted.

What do ya'll think? I just often wish I drew more, and I thought maybe if we were encouraging each other to do that, it would be more of a kick in the butt to do that! Also, I feel like if I posted it in the Workshop it would not draw the right kind of crowd it would need, but I guess it would weird to post it in the Foyer when it's fairly obviously within the bounds of Workshop.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Gah, I need to get some money for bills from my old roommates. Some of it is for a subleaser that moved in later share of Internet (it's still in my name because it makes more sense to keep it open than close it and have to open up a new one in two months). The other is for two of the original roommates final electric bill. I ask roommate 1 if she could get the stuff for me and I'll meet up with her whenever works best. She says she's not at the apartment and to just ask roommate 2. So I ask roommate 2, and he gives lots of cork and bull excuses why there is just no way he can and to ask roommate 1. So I tell roommate 1 roommate 2 won't do it, and ask if she wouldn't mind and to just tell me when works best for her and I'll meet her then to make it easier on her. She doesn't respond for 24 hours. And now I just got a text from her saying she will only do it if roommate 2 will give her a legitimate reason why he can't. Seriously guys? Can someone please just meet me or be at the apartment and I'll come get it there? So now I don't really know what to say to roommate 1, but I really wish she would just do this little thing for me and keep me out of it. I texted roommate 2 again and was like "hey, whatever time you'll be around tomorrow just let me stop by and pick up the money," because I don't want to deal with this drama. But ugh. I moved out! Why do I still have to deal with this drama?!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The cats very much prefer my dog's food, for some reason. It's the same brand and protein, just cat version and dog version. They used to run away if I caught them and told them to stop, or started walking that direction to shoo them away. Now the male cat will just keep eating until I physically remove him. Same with the female, except she'll start eating as fast as she possibly can, until I get inches away, and then bolts. She's a bit overweight anyway, and dog food isn't particularly good for them. I put it up when dog's not eating, but they're so SNEAKY.

uuuuuuuuuugghhh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 am 
Chard Martyr

Do you people who wear tights and nylons wear them when they have small runs in them? I generally do on days off but not to work. But I feel like I spend a million dollars on tights. I cut my toenails and stuff and I grew up wearing tights for ballet 7 times a week but I still can't stop butchering my tights. I've tried expensive tights, cheap tights (current fave because of the high turnover), etc and I still suck at keeping them in good shape. I bought like five cheap pairs in Japan and they were indestructible but my legs are too long and saggy crotch is THE WORST.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I just found out a friend of mine and fellow bike racer is in the hospital. I knew she crashed out of the race we both did on Sunday, but I didn't see the crash, and last I heard, I knew she was taken to the hospital, but it seemed her injuries weren't severe, and like she'd just need a once over and a couple of stitches. It turns out she has several broken ribs and a fractured vertebra! I feel so bad for her, and I feel worse that I didn't know until now.

Here's my question: if you were laid up in hospital, what kinds of things would you want people to bring you? I'm hoping to get over to see her either today or tomorrow. I'm planning to bring some vegan treats, and maybe a book, but I'm trying to think of other stuff and coming up empty...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Puzzle book like Games magazine maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jordanpattern wrote:
I just found out a friend of mine and fellow bike racer is in the hospital. I knew she crashed out of the race we both did on Sunday, but I didn't see the crash, and last I heard, I knew she was taken to the hospital, but it seemed her injuries weren't severe, and like she'd just need a once over and a couple of stitches. It turns out she has several broken ribs and a fractured vertebra! I feel so bad for her, and I feel worse that I didn't know until now.

Here's my question: if you were laid up in hospital, what kinds of things would you want people to bring you? I'm hoping to get over to see her either today or tomorrow. I'm planning to bring some vegan treats, and maybe a book, but I'm trying to think of other stuff and coming up empty...

Sorry to hear about this! Maybe an iTunes gift card? I know that's kind of cheesy, but I think I'd just play a lot of games/watch movies and TV/listen to music if I were laid up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

jordanpattern wrote:

Food. Seriously, hospital food is the worst and sometimes they don't even know how to properly feed you. Treats are good, but what was really helpful to me were smoothies and juices - you know, those Naked juices and Odwalla protein shakes and stuff. They're convenient and you can drink them even if you're pretty jacked up. Also, some kind of facial cleansing wipe. Being in the hospital makes you feel really gross, especially if you can't actually get up and move around, so those things help a lot. A LOT.

Books and magazines and stuff are also great! But honestly it was the practical stuff that made the most difference for me.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:36 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

^Thank you, Amanda! I hadn't thought of that kind of stuff - I'll try and pick her up a pack of Action Wipes as well as some more substantial food items and juices.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I forgot about the feeling gross part. Dry shampoo!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
I forgot about the feeling gross part. Dry shampoo!

Yes! This too, for sure.

And you are very welcome! Being in the hospital is pretty much the worst, wish your friend a speedy recovery!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm really really sick of people not respecting other peoples' time. A friend and I were planning a surprise birthday party for my brother. A pretty small one. The exact time slot was kind of last-minute by necessity, but we told the people we invited the day and let them know it would be early afternoon. They said okay. We told them the exact time a few days ago, to which they said okay--they were supposed to be here an hour ago. Just getting texts now that none of them can make it. So, we're rescheduling for tomorrow night. Which is funny, because the one person who's given us a definite "Yes, I can make this new time slot" and who we know to be super dependable is driving here from hours away tomorrow morning.

Also I rushed through decorating the cake and it looks ugly. Drawing unicorns is hard.

I know this is silly and whiny I'm just pissed and sad for my brother because like, what if he got home from his distraction and had a surprise party of three people? "Sorry, we invited other people but they bailed last minute." And my friend took the day off work (which is difficult at her job) and my dad took the day off to take my brother out so he wasn't home while we're getting stuff ready.

Ugh.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

If you're bibliographing the bible, would you name God as author?

I only ask that question because I'm reading an otherwise excellent book whose well-meaning but occasionally silly editor has some things (to me) ridiculously footnoted. He didn't cite God as an author for a referenced work but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

jordanpattern wrote:

something to make me smile. instead of a get well card, make it a 'just married' card. or children's books where all of the eyes have googly eyes glued on. or a mormon bible. iuno. I'm mature, obviously.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:03 pm 
WELFARIST!

I am so angry. My friend is going to a "hobo party" and when I asked him if he found that to be offensive or in bad taste tried to give me some bs story so I wrote back, "Absolutely! There's absolutely nothing fun or party like to being legitimately homeless. There's also a massive difference between not having steady work for a relatively short period of time and being outright homeless. I have seen homelessness first hand. There's people from all walks of life living on the streets of Cambridge begging for food and money, they sleep in cardboard boxes and have to train dogs to protect them and what little belongings they have. Homeless people are both sexually and physically assaulted, robbed, beaten, on top of everything else. Many of them suffer from mental illness and/or substance abuse and/or are from broken homes and don't have the money or ability to get the actual help they need. How someone thinks that's the theme for a good party is beyond me and I find it absolutely disgusting." Apparently because his friend hasn't had steady work in the past year or so but now has a job is an A-OKAY reason to throw a forking "hobo party".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jordanpattern wrote:

If she's on pain meds and stuff, or if she underwent surgery, and you want to take reading material, take magazines or other things that don't require a lot of concentration or memory. If you can take DVDs, take TV shows (rather than feature films) for the same reason. I tried to read a book in hospital, and it just didn't work.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get at least one of the jobs I applied for. They were supposed to contact the shortlisted people Monday or Tuesday, and I haven't heard anything. Oh well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I let Molly share my hummus and pita, then she repaid my generosity by wiping her hummus coated beak off on my iPad screen. Hummus is hard to clean off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 pm 
WELFARIST!

He responded with, " I'm curious, do you find Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter offensive?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I don't understand how that's relevant?

Reply to topic  [ 44161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1463, 1464, 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469 ... 1767  Next