| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469, 1470, 1471 ... 1899  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Not sure! Would it say on the box?

I think it says it Daiya if it's Daiya, but I can't remember. The now banished cheese was really liquidy and stuck to the back of my teeth. The Daiya you can see the individual shreds more, and the other almost looked like the cheese had thawed and melted and was then refrozen.

Yeah, the American Flatbread vegan pizza is Daiya. They put tons of it on, too, so you have to really like daiya to get through a whole pizza!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ashley wrote:
I bought a desk on impulse at a thrift store today, and it doesn't fit in my car or my mom's, and now I can't get it home without renting a truck I guess. I'm debating whether it's even worth it. I already paid for it and can't get a refund, but I may just have to leave it. I feel pretty dumb about the whole thing.

No one you know has a truck? Even if you don't know them well, I bet if offered a case of beer (for example) and an offer to do them a favor sometime, someone would be up for it? Mehbe?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Mars wrote:
ashley wrote:
I bought a desk on impulse at a thrift store today, and it doesn't fit in my car or my mom's, and now I can't get it home without renting a truck I guess. I'm debating whether it's even worth it. I already paid for it and can't get a refund, but I may just have to leave it. I feel pretty dumb about the whole thing.

No one you know has a truck? Even if you don't know them well, I bet if offered a case of beer (for example) and an offer to do them a favor sometime, someone would be up for it? Mehbe?

I just feel so bad because I really hate to inconvenience people. My uncle offered to pick it up in his hummer (my uncle has a forking hummer), but he lives way across town and gets like 8mpg in that thing. Just... no. I can't justify it. It would be cheaper/more efficient for me just to rent a truck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm 
WELFARIST!

ndpittman wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

I think it says it Daiya if it's Daiya, but I can't remember. The now banished cheese was really liquidy and stuck to the back of my teeth. The Daiya you can see the individual shreds more, and the other almost looked like the cheese had thawed and melted and was then refrozen.

I don't remember it saying Daiya on it but I am feeling massive stomach pains right now so I'm going to assume it is. Daiya, I hate you but I love you. Why must you hurt my body, you delicious mustard!

Oh also, it looked pre-melted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 am 
Chip Strong

lavawitch wrote:
I sat waiting for a super long train tonight on my way home from GED. I lost count after 40 something cars. Weird, I suppose, but I love watching trains go by, especially if I'm the first car in line. I love the clangy rumbly whoosh sound they make. This wasn't a terribly exciting one in terms of cargo (almost all were JBHunt intermodal crates) and there was no caboose, but still made my night a bit.

Yeah, trains are good value.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:30 am 
Level 7 Vegan

nvm, sorry

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I...made out with an eighteen year old at a show tonight (I'm only 21, so it's not...so disgusting?)...and I don't know how I feel about it.
I feel like I reached a milestone in my early twenties by doing so? I've also, somehow!, managed to never make out with someone in a mosh pit. So two firsts in a night.
So yeah. I'm in a weird life place where that's what I'm spending my time thinking about. I gave him my number. He may be older than 18, but I know at the very least he's that, since his friend was that age. I just remember when I was eighteen and guys older than 21 were hitting on me and asking me out, and all the thoughts I had about dating four years ago...fork. How things change.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:12 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

lavawitch wrote:
I sat waiting for a super long train tonight on my way home from GED. I lost count after 40 something cars. Weird, I suppose, but I love watching trains go by, especially if I'm the first car in line. I love the clangy rumbly whoosh sound they make. This wasn't a terribly exciting one in terms of cargo (almost all were JBHunt intermodal crates) and there was no caboose, but still made my night a bit.

Trains are awesome, aren't they? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 am 
WRETCHED

ashley wrote:
Mars wrote:
ashley wrote:

I just feel so bad because I really hate to inconvenience people. My uncle offered to pick it up in his hummer (my uncle has a forking hummer), but he lives way across town and gets like 8mpg in that thing. Just... no. I can't justify it. It would be cheaper/more efficient for me just to rent a truck.

Is there a Home Depot nearby? They do hourly truck rentals. Or you could Ikea it up... Get some twine and a blanket and stuff it in the trunk the best way you can or put it on your roof and tie it there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:34 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I haven't been to the work canteen the whole week because it's so sunny and warm I just want to go outside and read in the park. It's great! I ate falafel twice, homemade hummus once, and potato spinach squares once. I am happy, suntanned, and well fed, and life is just great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:49 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I have to interview eight potential employees today! Kill me. I hate interviewing. And it is for a job I'll be finished at the end of the month (high-five me!) so I don't really care aaaaaall that much who I hire. Well I do, but I wish I didn't. I get so nervous for people!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am 
Semen Strong

Your story is reminding me of interviewing for my first job out of law school!

I went through 3 rounds of interviews, and by the time I started almost all the people I had interviewed with had quit and moved on. Most of them were really honest afterwards about how much the job had sucked, and I was a bit saddened that I had chosen to go there (at a time when I had so many offers), and that these people hadn't been honest with me. I know everyone owes it to their employers to hire the best candidates for the job, but it would be nice if an interviewer could at least raise some of the potential issues and challenges of the position.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just got a call from the law firm I applied to and have a first round interview on Monday! Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Tofulish wrote:
I know everyone owes it to their employers to hire the best candidates for the job, but it would be nice if an interviewer could at least raise some of the potential issues and challenges of the position.

I know! Which is another huge reason why I hate interviewing. I love my current employees so much, and it made me feel AWFUL to have to desert them. I can only explain why to a certain extent and then they have to live it themselves, because that's the professional thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:26 am 
Semen Strong

I know you're right :) but it just reminded me of my experience. Good luck with your interviews!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Yeah, the American Flatbread vegan pizza is Daiya. They put tons of it on, too, so you have to really like daiya to get through a whole pizza!

They actually changed it because people complained about some Daiya ingredient, but yesterday they announced that they changed it back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:40 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ashley wrote:
Mars wrote:
ashley wrote:

Does the thrift store deliver? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I think one of the thrift stores here does deliveries. I know they will pick up donated furniture anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm practicing for my interview today with VFR right now. This will be interview 2/3, not including the test I have to take. Looks like it's interview day today for the PPK! Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 am 
Semen Strong

I am glad you have people in your corner. It sounds like you were a great employee and really good at what you do and doing stuff no one else is doing at less salary, so it would seem a no-brainer to keep you on.

I think your situation highlights the problem so many people have of being permanent temps - where companies are bringing on temps for years and years because that way they avoid paying benefits or giving good job security. I am so sorry you are caught up in this, but confident that like any good cat you will land on your feet.

Big hugs PPPP <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am 
WELFARIST!

vijita wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Yes, I've been terribly upset too. Calcy's been on my mind a whole lot--thinking of her, remembering how funny she was, her contributions to threads and discussions--knowing her via the internet since 2006 and all the smiles and wisdom she brought to the table. And calcy passed on the thirty-third anniversary of my mother's death and my father's deathiversary falls on June 11, coupled with the fact that my 19-year-old cat was ill for the past week and I had to put him to sleep yesterday. Life's been a snowball of grief for me lately. Lately sucks!

Jeez, this is a lot! I'm so sorry seitanicverses. I wish you much love. You are one of my favourite people and I'm sad to hear you are dealing with so many heavy feelings. <3

<3<3<3 Love to you too!

I'm feeling a bit better today! Went out for a jog this morning and sob-jogged a bit, but that's all right, I was out there. Came home to a lovely condolence card from my vet's office in the mail with heartfelt things written inside from the staff who knew and loved my cat Kizzy, too. Last night, I resolved that the moping was over and I was gonna go back to my normal day again today. Of course I'm still sad but the wallowing is over.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm glad to hear this. I always feel better for doing SOMETHING (even if I fail!) than doing nothing at all about unfair circumstances. Also, the attempts may lead to something better than what you had to begin with, you never know. <3 <3 <3 You'll get through it!!!! Hugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So proud of you pp! I'm here rooting for you xxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I love your analogy, PP and wish you good luck in your fight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 am 
WRETCHED

I'm going to go with Jordan on this, especially as someone who works for a large corporation. I think our company "lays off" more employees each year than most companies have total. I know someone recently who got laid off and had worked for the company for 20 years. Laws in Canada may be different but it isn't unusual in the US. It seems like they didn't value you by not making you a full time employee. I've seen it time and time again where contractors aren't made full time or employees aren't given the proper credit/promotions/etc in hopes that they'll go away.

I wish you the best of luck PP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 am 
Nooch of Earl

Companies that are bad at email! Seriously, I just want an email back that says "we received your file and it will work, we've started making your order!" I keep having to call to get the ball rolling, and it's like pulling teeth. If you're not going to act on emails you receive, don't advertise that people should contact you via email!!

Unfortunately I'm ordering some custom work on behalf of a group, and so now that we've settled on something I really don't want to change it. But it's so frustrating to deal with a company that does not respond to emails.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1465, 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469, 1470, 1471 ... 1899  Next