| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1469, 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475 ... 1847  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5195
Location: Gallifrey
That was both adorable and super creepy.

I have to be up for work in about 5 hours but I'm still wide awake, even after shutting everything down and trying to sleep. I've given up and plan to just stay up all night. I will regret this decision later.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4550
Location: Surrey, UK
NOOOOOOOOO! My dad dropped me at the train station this morning as I'm working in London and the last song playing in his car was the hustle!! Im gonna be singing that shiitake all day as Im on the train with my boss so can't put in headphones. Arghhhh.

Do do do do do do do do do....

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:41 am 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 854
Location: Seattle, WA
Ugh, I'm so freaking upset. The people I use to nanny for just got there 7 year old a hamster. That'd be bad enough as it is, but this kid has some major behavioral problems and has major melt downs and temper flare ups constantly. I love him to peices, but a small delicat animal (and really any animal) is definitely NOT what he needs. They got him four rabbits (long story...) and he has dropped them from about 3 ft off the ground to see what happened, tied the string of his crane to there feet to try to pick them up, pounced on them to try to catch them when they don't want to be held (this is not a small child either... He very easily could have killed them doing this on accident). The mom is always telling me how good he is with them, but then when I'm over at their house I'm constantly having to interviene because of stuff like the above.

Last year when she wanted to get a pet for him I straight up told her I didn't think it was a good idea right now, because he was never very gentle with my rats and I thought he'd accidently hurt them. But then she got the rabbits, an while the kid is definitely not as gentle as he needs to be, they're fairly well cared for. But I've seen the itty bitty cage she found at a garage sale (she's had it for a few years now) and it is way too small for anything. It's like a square foot max. GAH. She asked me to come over tomorrow because she needs some help with the hamster, so I'm going to bring over some info on proper housing and care and hopefully I can at least change that. I'm going to tell her that he can't be allowed around the hamster unsupervised because something is going to happen, and I really hope she listens.

I love these people and their kids to death, but the descisions she's been making regarding animals with them just makes me so sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Oh man that really sucks! I hope the mom listens to you, that poor hamster.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7285
Location: Portland, OR
Oh interesting, I figured since I set it to friends or friends the people on FB I wasn't friends with would at least have some PPK connection in common!

It's July 13th!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
I have tons of PPK friends and I can't see it either! Not that it matters, I live in Connecticut, haha.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4619
Location: Philadelphia
Mr. Shankly wrote:
That was both adorable and super creepy.

It was so creepy. The mouths! Ack.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 am 
Online
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10166
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
RandiJM wrote:

This is MY FAVORITE THING!! omg. I'm hysterical! I hope you are ok; it would be really bad to be laughing if you were hurt. :) The best part is your father with a 'volunteer' shirt and a walking stick pointing like "Onward, ho!" hahahahah

+1! I wish I was there to be falling down too, because I would. The irony being we've both been ranger types and led hikes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 am 
Online
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4907
Location: WV
Mars wrote:
Oh interesting, I figured since I set it to friends or friends the people on FB I wasn't friends with would at least have some PPK connection in common!

It's July 13th!


Be my facebook friend!

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:52 pm 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4550
Location: Surrey, UK
arrrgh the hustle. the motherfuckin hustle!!!! Leave my brain pleeeeeaaase.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 854
Location: Seattle, WA
kilgore trout wrote:
Oh man that really sucks! I hope the mom listens to you, that poor hamster.


She did! The first thing she asked when I got there was if the cage was too small, because she thought it was as well. She's totally open to making her a bin cage, and was getting the boys ready to go get the supplies as I was leaving. The boys also seem to have calmed down about the rabbits, and are being pretty good with the hamster (who is the sweetest most social thing ever), so yay! She also had planned on getting him a hamster, what happened was when she went into the store to get rabbit food someone had brought the hamster in because they didn't want her anymore, and she felt really bad, so she brought her home.

I'm still worried about something happening, but it's way better than I thought. So yay!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7285
Location: Portland, OR
allularpunk wrote:
Be my facebook friend!

I don't people's names! Ya'lls will have to pm me!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4635
There's this advert on teevee just now that's about diabetes and such and it has this wee boy going "i wish my mum didn't worry about running out of my medicine" And it's driving me up the wall because how is that even a thing? And then, as I'm typing this, I feel I have to qualify what I'm saying by stating that I'm talking about this country. Where I live. That doesn't ask people for money to go to the doctor or the hospital or to fill a forking prescription. And that I need to qualify this bollox makes me forking sick.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10599
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
that's really weird. what are they advertising?

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:06 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4635
They're advertising diabetes! Collect 'em all! Naw, it's just an advert for a chemist brand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMopK7BDu0) I just find the shtick about running out of medicine a bit weird when it's not in a country that makes you pay for such things.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4635
Aaaaaaaaand, now this is all i can think of:
LLOYDSPHARMACYONEWORD!

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10599
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
yeah, that's very weird. We have lots of commercials like that, but lots of people really do run out of their medicine.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:19 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3882
Location: Edinburgh
interrobang?! wrote:
They're advertising diabetes! Collect 'em all! Naw, it's just an advert for a chemist brand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMopK7BDu0) I just find the shtick about running out of medicine a bit weird when it's not in a country that makes you pay for such things.

Lloydspharmacyoneword!

In fairness, I run out of my meds often because I find it hard to get to the pharmacy early enough to either drop off my repeat prescription or pick it up once it's filled. I basically have to do it when I have at least a week's worth left so I can drop it off on Saturday and pick it up the next Saturday. I need to set up with that scheme at Boots to get my repeats on a schedule or whatever it is.

I have an interview tomorrow. I bought new clothes and make-up. It's for a solicitor, so I'm worried about a) being dressed well enough for the interview and 2) if I get the job, being able to dress well enough for working there. I'll worry about one thing at a time, though. If I'm making an extra £3k/year, I'll be able to afford some new wardrobe pieces.

ETA: Cross post! I started typing this before you posted Limmy.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3209
Location: Ireland
I'm unbelievable for holding on to things I don't have a need for anymore. Something must have changed in me though because I have just posted a load of DVDs and books that I will probably not watch or read again for sale on Facebook. I hope that some of them manage to sell because anything I raise from it I am going to take with me to the local charity shops and buy furniture that I could refurbish for the spare bedrooms.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4635
ijustdiedinside wrote:
yeah, that's very weird. We have lots of commercials like that, but lots of people really do run out of their medicine.

Oh, for sure absolutely. And lots of people don't refill their prescriptions for many a reason even when they really really need and must do even when it doesn't cost anything at all. The advert wasn't about that tho... It was just a tad incongruous to me.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10599
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
yeah. i just watched the ad. it's pretty over dramatic with the sappy music.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:49 pm 
Offline
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10354
Location: Illinoize
Sometimes when I go to quote someone, I accidentally hit the 'edit' button and i'm terrified that someday I won't notice until after i've mangled someone's post.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:35 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
I am so anxious about the upcoming week. So many things related to my employment/job situation/future up in the air; I hate suspense in my life and want everything to be known and comfortable.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:01 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3213
Location: Almost Boston
My mom was purchasing admission tickets at an event today for the both of us, and the woman at the booth looked at us and said, "Okay, so one adult and one child." The children's admission was for children 12 and under.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6653
Location: Norristown, PA
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
My mom was purchasing admission tickets at an event today for the both of us, and the woman at the booth looked at us and said, "Okay, so one adult and one child." The children's admission was for children 12 and under.


Did you correct her or did you take it??

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1469, 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475 ... 1847  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kara kara, vijita and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer